Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
The IFQ Issue 25 Oct 2009 ( The IFQ Resurrected )

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Info Street - FAQs and Guides to the City -> IFquirer
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Amichan
Treasurer

Topics: 18
Location: RL:Roseboro, NC./ IF: Retuning from a long journey in the land of OFF

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: The IFQ Issue 25 Oct 2009 ( The IFQ Resurrected ) Reply with quote

Bringing you the News The Old fashioned Way

Major Headlines:

IQ Under New Scribe:
It seems After being exiled for over a year, our fearless and faithful guard; Kang has returned to our great city and has elected to undertake revitalizing the city by assuming the position of editor of the IQ. Bob McBobsky, Whom was thought to be exiled to the Bananalands, has the story on this ground Breaking event.

I was fortunate to find Master Kang at the future site of what he claims will be Battlestorm Hall he was kind enough to entertain my questions:

McBobsky: First off What compelled you to Return to IF?

Kang: Well I had taken time off to pursue a new discipline. Being a knight in the city didn’t seem to command the respect so I had elected to change my profession?

M: Which makes you what now?

K: *smiling* well I’m now the City Samurai.

M: Does this Mean that Kanguard Industries will be getting a makeover as well?

K: Sad to say due to an Orange Creature toting more Fatbacks than he knows what to do with Kanguard Industries is no more: Hence why Battlestorm Hall will be built soon.

M: What will this hall Hold?

K: Well it will be not only the outpost for the Samurai guard that I have with me but will also be available for spiritual enlightenment after a while. And will be the HQ for all of my future works once I stake a claim in the Idearium Mines

It appears that the fair warrior is here to stay and is back with a purpose …

NSG Feeding Frenzy!

City Council has recently issued a Decree for all New Storygames is moved to a new part of the city by October14th or face Headeaters wrath.
According to Headeater “Thisssss issssss a great buffet …. For nowwwwww”
With well over one hundred ten storygames on the axe this is a great buffet for Headeater but it was brought up what to do when the SG’s are gone. It was suggested that Headeater could eat the deadweight In the city. Council has yet to comment on Headeaters fate at this time

Nudity in the city: City Council has banned the use of invisibility cloaks throughout the city. Incredibly this decree worked a little too well resulting in Many IFians being caught in their birthday suits at the time the Order was issued. Citizens had threatened to riot over this controversial order but a few katana blades apparently calmed the crowed from going into a frenzy

Time to Get Clean again!!!
SoaP (Story of a Picture) has taken the City by storm once again and citizens are clamoring to see what new stories are up and coming
To get the scoop on these stories feel free to check them out as they Battle it out in the writers arena. Remember there is a bounty of 1000 fables for the best story so all are encouraged to engage in this picturesque melee

Spotlighted and sticky :
Council has agreed to change the SgotM format to a Spotlight format. What this will do is allow IFians to be recognized in their part of the city and have the chance to get sticky (yummy) and have a chance to be under the spotlight. The old SgotM rules still apply if unsure consult your local council member

A Moment with his Mayorness :
The IQ hunted down his Mayorness in his office after interrupting a toe nail clipping conference

Smee: What is the meaning of this interruption can’t you see I’m clipping my toe nails and what are those men doing with weapons. You’re not here to assassinate me are you???

Kang: Relax oh Mayor of clippings we’re here to get a few answers for issues that have affected the City

S: And the weapons?

K: Nothing more than a few of my fine guards having my back and before you ask no you can not borrow a blade to take care of your toe jam

S: Oh, Then if that is the case, ask away but I warn you you’re cutting in to my clipping time

K: There have been talks that the Good ol' Info Street is being torn up? Care to Comment???

S: Torn up seems a strong word. Renovated, streamlined perhaps... a little spring-cleaning in October. Most of Info Street remains intact and cleaned to a sparkle. It is only the New Storygame (NSG) forum that is going, and that is quite simply because at this time it isn't needed. Running a NSG is useful if we have upwards of 50+ new games because it keeps things tidier. But without that quantity, then it is just extra red tape, confusion and administration that requires time that can now be spent on Storygaming instead.

K: There have been rumors of the ASS (Anti Spam Squad) decloaking many Ifians, leaving them naked. The citizens claim that there is a conspiracy to make a nudist City. Certainly you are not responsible for their allegations are you?

S: I assure you, the ASS aren't involved in this operation (as much as they wanted to be). Whilst the idea of a naturist city sounds intriguing, that also isn't part of current plans. A simple spell has been enacted to render invisibility cloaks inoperative, revealing numerous people who haven't been 'seen' for a while, but I assure you they are fully clothed (or at least furred). It is our hope that people come to realize there's no need to sneak around the city under such cloaks, when we can instead interact with each other in full sight and enjoy each other's company.

Q: Alarm clocks are beginning to buzz as word on the street begins muttering about a new election coming soon. Will you be looking to stay on as Mayor?

S: I couldn't possibly comment. No no... (Kang turns to leave) don’t leave. Fine I'll say this much. I have no intention of going anywhere whilst the current city renovations are being completed.

An unknown source let slip to the IQ that renovations may be completed once his Mayorness finishes Mt. Toe Nail.

This year’s IFY’s showed us that our newer citizens as well as our veterans can still churn the Idearium into top notch SG’s
Dept. Mayor Crunchyfrog claimed 3 IFY’s this year with 2 going to her prodigy “ Magicians Touch “ Crunch wrapped up Best Story Game , Best Description/ Detail ( Magicians Touch) and Best Critic
Halfemptyhero earned Best Non SGOTM SG with Justice has Eyes
Best Plot went to Kalanna Rai for American Vampire
Best Style /Most Original goes to Algeria for The Priest
Bram Ota from The Fraternity of Bastards Earns Jack_D.Mented Best Character
Best Supporting Character went to Pinkie from Grim Reaping by Ashkent
And….
Best decision point (DP) goes to Traveller for an excellent DP involving Chapter 4 from Journey’s Witness
Congrats to all the winners and it is encouraged to read these SG’s at your leisure

Journey’s Witness and Heavy Metal are locked in a heated battle atop the Top 5 with 3 votes each but Magicians Touch, Falls Apart, and Dog Cycle are right on their heels with 2 votes each pick your favorites and watch them move to the top

Metro News:

Linears:
Chinaren has the top 3 (only ones that have a vote) in the Linears with V is for Vampire, Walk in the Dark and 42

Info Street:
Sadly Headeater has left carnage up and down the old district and as many as 110 storygames are doomed to fate of buffet dinners and numerous toothpicks

Fantasy Forest
The Forest has been bustling with chainsaws and Axes as 46 Story games have been made from the trees with Journey’s Witness leading the way However with Headeater loose, some of these Storygames may...um ….Get recycled

Skiffyville
Skiffy may be spared from the menu as only 16 Storygames are Skiffing around with Heavy Metal leading the way with 3 votes but Magicians Touch, Falls Apart, Dog Cycle and Malevolent Bite are at 2 votes and are looking to take a bite out of Metals lead

Jester Parks last stand: The pen is mightier than the clown
The Park has been quiet except for the Jesters garb headeaten and being run out of the city by the mighty Pen. And with no favorites up, the park has been a buzz kill. But there are 22 hot stories available to become top dog and they will be merged with general fiction. Read and rate to get them noticed!!! Just remember that Jester park is now General Fiction

Summary:
Headeater is loose in the city eating everything is sight leaving the city to scramble for clothes while Crunchy frog is getting sticky in the spotlight with SoaP and her 3 IFY’s and his mayorness is tearing up Info to start paving Nail St.

Census and Economy:
Since the last issue if IQ was released (July 28) Population has grown by 100

Return of the Fatback Index (FBIA)
The city is proud to have its once profitable stock exchange back it closes this Issue of IQ at 2221.24

See News Happening??? Contribute to

Last edited by Amichan on Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Smee
Revered IFian

Topics: 166

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent edition Very Happy

Now shoo... I'm busy.

*Continues with feet related business*
Klafarius
Resident

Topics: 4

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...Very Interesting. More going on here than I realized. Kudos to you Kang. *finishes his cup of coffee and folds the paper* (Mumbles something about story games and time constraints)

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> IFquirer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: