Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Welcome to Heavy Metal! (Start Here)

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Skiffiville - Science Fiction and Experimental SGs -> Heavy Metal
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Thunderbird
Elder

Topics: 104

Items
Legends
37957 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Welcome to Heavy Metal! (Start Here) Reply with quote

Welcome to Heavy Metal!

Heavy Metal is a tale of technology caught in the middle of spiritual warfare. It is an introductory tale in a world based on the one we live in. Conspiracy theories and history is woven throughout the story, and those that shall follow it. I promise there will be some big surprises coming up, not that there hasn't been already!

As an author, I realize this story starts a little slow. I ask you not to judge the tale on this basis and I do intend to write a prologue soon which shall perhaps inject a bit more energy into the opening.

And for those of you whom have read the story up to where it is now, I realize I haven't justified the name of the tale yet. Don't worry... it's comin'!

If you are new to Storygaming in general, then welcome! I started storygaming on this site years ago and when I first arrived I was pretty darn confused as to what exactly was going on. So let me put it in a nutshell for ya:

The author writes a chapter, leaving off at a point where a decision must be made, usually by the main character, but sometimes even for the author himself, as in, what's to happen next?

Then, those who are following along with the storygame should post their ideas on which way the decision should go. Critiques are welcome, as are any other comments regarding the story itself.

After this 'suggestion phase', the author puts up a poll for the readers to vote on, indicating which of the ideas that have been presented (plus sometimes some that the author added himself) should be used.

Then the author goes back to his den, armed with the poll results, to write out the next chapter with these results in mind.

If you are new to IF, feel free to register and post a reply! We are friendly and welcoming to new members here. I was blown away by how well received I was when I began my first few tentative steps into the world of storygaming.

Also, this storygame is taking place on multiple sites, so the poll results will not necessarily appear accurate. The other site this is running on is www.tomecity.com. Both IF and Tomecity are fine sites, though IF appears to be more dedicated to the concept of storygaming, while Tome includes it as a part of its many endeavors.

Note:
Feel free to post in any chapters you've completed if you'd like to comment on those chapters.

Also, this thread is intended to be a signin sheet as well. If you've read any part of this tale, please post here, indicating that you have and what your general opinion of it is so far. All comments are welcome!

Again, welcome to my humble storygame! Enjoy!

NEW: I've added a Table of Contents and Chapter Summaries so you can quickly catch up to what's taken place so far and to make it easier to sort where you can pick up where you left off. These forums tend to get a little jumbled at times.

CHAPTER 25: Near-Light Speed (NEW CHAPTER! (12/4/2011))
Zephyrrr! And...

Last edited by Thunderbird on Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Amichan
Treasurer

Topics: 18
Location: RL:Roseboro, NC./ IF: Retuning from a long journey in the land of OFF

Items
Legends
3104 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far T-bird I'm enjoying this tale keep it up Very Happy
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Topics: 168

Items
Legends
10415 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I've played a chapter or five of this! Very Happy

And enjoying it muchly so far.
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Heavy Metal All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: