Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
A Call to Council

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> City Central -> City Auditorium -> Auditorium Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Thunderbird
Elder

Topics: 104

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: A Call to Council Reply with quote

Calling all dedicated, city loving IFians!

I am resurrecting the City Council and I need members to step forward for the task.

HOWEVER, this time, each council member will be allotted a role, a specific task they are responsible for. In the past, general and unspecific moderation assistance was all that was asked of the council. I feel this led to a weaker council that stood to speak for the city in a more generic manner and was pretty much there simply to aid newcomers to the site and do some light cleanup on very rare occasion.

My vision is a bit more aggressive.

The following council positions are available and this is unlikely to be a completely comprehensive list as its still coming together. If you’d like to invent a position, feel free to suggest as much.

• High Lord Chancellor – Assigned to Pope already. This is pretty much my right-hand man and will have a lot of oversight of many of the day-to-day operations in the city. I’ll discuss this with you at greater length Pope… soon.

• Treasurer – Given the responsibility of running the Treasury. Tasked to find new and innovative ways to add real value to Fables, and our new currency, Strata-gems. Moderates and promotes the Marketplace.

• Welcome Coordinator – Some of you may have noticed the Welcome! City login. It has been in use since I took the position as High Lord Chancellor and has been regularly sending welcome PMs to all new IFian registers. This councilmember will maintain this duty on at least a weekly basis and will review all Announcement posts throughout the city to make sure they are up to date and pertinent to newcomers. Tasked to find yet more ways to make the city inviting and warm to newcomers.

• Headmaster/Headmistress of the Academy – Tasked to go through our IF academy, updating, editing, and adding new material where possible. It is my hope that the Headmaster/mistress of the Academy will open up ‘classes’ for which Fables may be spent in order to attend. We have become as much a ‘help with writing’ site as a role-playing site and I’m looking for someone who really embraces this ideal for this position. Professors in certain areas are welcome as well and they would work closely with the Headmaster/mistress.

• Competition Coordinator – perhaps a High Lord duty? Nevertheless, if someone wishes to take this ball and run with it, we’ve certainly been finding competitions to be a beloved heart of city activities and I’d love to have a councilmember tasked to promoting these events citywide!

• Advertising Manager – A lot goes into advertising the city. We have a group that was formed for this purpose but for whatever reason, it has fallen to the wayside. I want someone who is overall internet savvy to pick up this responsibility and run with it. We need more IFians and one special person to help drive new members to the site!

• Awards Supervisor – Since Chinaren primarily works elsewhere now, a void has been left in the awards segment of the city. This is something I want to drive a bit more. We have great graphics for handing out awards and I want someone to take the helm and hand them out a bit more frequently than we’ve seen in recent years. (Not that you’ve been falling down on the job there CF! You’ve done great!) I just want MORE done there and I think one person, who hopefully keeps up on most posts, could really push the matter forward.

• Guildmasters – I’d like each of the SG districts, perhaps with the exception of Linear and Speed SGs, to form guilds headed by a Guildmaster. Smee had a wonderful thing going with the Fantasy Guild, once upon a time. And the idea still bears a great deal of merit. In the guilds, genre focused events can be developed that promote the growth of those forums and the genre as a whole. IF is a great idea factory and the Guilds were once the forges at its heart.

Ok, now I’m NOT going to simply put the first taker in a given position. I’ll consider each of you based on what arguments you make and what I’ve seen from you so far. Please suggest the possible council role you might wish to take on in full consideration of your talents, interests and what drives you. And if you wish to take a seat on the council, I ask for as much dedication as you can muster.

Together, we can herald a grand golden age of IF such as we have never seen before! Let’s make that happen!

CHAPTER 25: Near-Light Speed (NEW CHAPTER! (12/4/2011))
Zephyrrr! And...
HalfEmptyHero
Headmaster of the Academy

Topics: 33

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested in being the Headmaster of the Academy. Here's why I should be:

I am good at writing manuals
    I like writing manuals
    I am technically knowledgeable (Good for bbcode, and stuff like that)
    I am willing to help out other people
    If I don't know something, I certainly know where/how to find it
    I have a strong grasp of the English Language
    I work cheap (i.e. for nothing)
    More reasons that I can't think of

I think this would be a good job for me to take on. It is true that I don't know all the grammatical terms there are, but I have started to get more into that sort of thing as of late. I intend to perfect my writing, and even the smallest error is a knife in my chest. And while I am on this quest, I am more than happy to share both my current knowledge as well as anything I will learn in the future.

Last edited by HalfEmptyHero on Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Vishal Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Topics: 24

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aahh... I can be a headmaster, treasurer, and I need more information on what Guildmasters are supposed to do before I decide on that one.

Well, first off, I don't think the headmaster should be writing manuals. If the headmaster is, then we need a proper system in place that allows only peopl who have paid fables to view the manual, and im guessing the "manual" would be like a regular post. If we do have a good system to address my concerns, then I'm more than happy. I am working on a way to address this myself, and I'll hit you guys up, once Im ready with the plan.

Well, I love helping people, so taking classes is my kind of thing, which means that I can also be a professor. I used to be a critic, so I will, and have experience in, helping people improve their writing, and guide them higher, just like everyone here has donr to me.

I certainly have a strong grasp for the english language, and also I don't expect to be paid fables for this.

And also, Treasurer sounds fun, and I've always been innovative on ways to use stuff. I can help with more uses for fables (the only use currently is advertising).

As for guildmasters... like I said, I'll need more info!

The eyes are useless if the mind is blind.

Items

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to be considered for a posistion, here is what I can offer.

I have expierence as a professional worker, I am concerned about others well being whe being on a forum like this. Thus is why I've had the audio asked for just fr the IFQuirier and the stories.
I'm known as a china person in my old job as a early riser and always on time. Since I now have enough free time to work, I'll have more time to help with troubles aswell. But not only that, I have the knack to help out where people get stuck without any ideas for a story, I also know where to get quite a few more Ifains to join. The werewolf cafe forum.
I've been reading with good time and I am always happy. I wouldn't call anyone anything low. I don't mind low level jobs with pay or no pay at all. Here is what I can offer:

Assistant make-up artist

Low level jobs with little pay or none at all
Assist the make-up artist where their on busy days or when they need your help.

3) Explain why positive customer relations are so very important to a make-up artist

Encourage Repeat or various business opportunities which increases the chance of costumer loyalty
A bad reputation spreads faster than a good one, which causes customers to leave.
Satisfy clients and evolve of your business by improvement in attitude
Personally contact clients with offers of better deals in product information and it will encourage repeat business opportunities.
Feedback should be listened to
Give the clients what their looking for.
You should have special offers in your stock
You'll drive clients away when you sound like a sales person (so don't try)
Your client will appreciate a positive attitude and will spread good word about the business

4) List the main responsibilities of the employer with regard to health and safety in the work environment

Make the work place a safe environment
Prevent health risks and potentially dangerous cross contamination
Make sure all machinery are safe to use and have been maintained
Make sure all products are stored and handled safely
Give training, supervision and instructions to follow
Set up emergency plans when something bad happens
Make sure the ventilation, room and facilities meet the health and safety welfare
Provide protective clothes for usage if there are no other way to protect the clients or staff
Take precautions when doing a job with a manual to reduce safety risk
Ensure that the correct warning labels are put up, provided and looked after

5) List the main responsibilities of the employee with regard to health and safety in the work environment

Inform your employer If you see a faulty electrical socket
Follow the procedure of a fire drill if a fire is ablaze
Seek medical help for a Allergic reaction
Check twice for hazardous products if they are correctly labeled
Inform employer if someone smokes or ask them to stop smoking
Take every reasonable precaution in the circumstances to ensure that protective devices, equipment or clothing required by the employer, this Act or the regulations are used or worn;
consult and co-operate with the joint occupational health and safety committee, where such a committee has been established at the workplace, or the health and safety representative, where one has been selected at the workplace;
co-operate with any person performing a duty or exercising a power conferred by the regulations
Where an employee believes that any condition, device, equipment, machine, material or thing or any aspect of the workplace is or may be dangerous to the employee's health or safety or that of any other person at the workplace, the employee shall immediately report it to a supervisor
where the matter is not remedied to the employee's satisfaction, report it to the committee or the representative, if any

6) Explain what should you do if you become aware of a hazardous or potentially hazardous situation at work?

Report it according to the work procedures
Follow the precautions or drill
Call the emergency number
If I do not know the procedure I will report it to my direct supervisor or safety representative.
Follow procedures

7) List 5 important legal requirements that would apply specifically to you as a make-up artist.

Make sure all hazardous materials are stored correctly
Make sure there are good lighting, hot and cold taps and ventilation in the make-up room
Don't smoke in a non-smoking area
First aid kits must be available for everyone
Do a patch test on the model's skin to check for allergic reactions

8) Explain how you as an employer would motivate your staff to work more effectively?

Offer extra yearly check or promotions for good work
Praise the staff for their hard work
Give training to new staff
The working environment should be checked for pleasantness
Do team exercises to build confidence and trust
Set challenges in job opportunities
See every staff member as an equal
Motivate the staff by encouragement
Be firm and fair at the same time

9) List 5 ways in which you could incorporate effective time management skills into your career as a make up artist

Don't procrastinate your tasks
Set up a schedule to keep track of events and time
Big tasks should be tackled first
A tidy desk makes good concentration
Learn to say no
Avoid holding long meetings in work place

10) List the main causes of stress and what are the symptoms that you can look out for?

Causes
Being late for work
Pressure
Financial troubles
Personal problems
Family death

Symptoms

Aggressiveness towards people
Biting nails
Dry scalp
Depression
Reduced social contacts

11) List various ways that are helpful in assisting effective stress management.

See a councilor
See a doctor about stress
See a Therapist
See your family to feel better
Take a training course for stress relievers

12) Explain what you would do if two of your employees were involved in a situation where there is conflict, and how you would resolve the situation effectively.
Meet with them and take problem head on
Don't pick sides
Let the all participants talk it out and explain the problem
Have hope in them to resolve the problems themselves when your not around
Keep a record of fights
Let each employee explain a bit about the other employee
Don't meet separately with participants
There are more affected by the fight take on some of the responsibility

This is exactly what I can do... so If you want me for anything could you consider me for something good in the forum?
Amichan
Treasurer

Topics: 18
Location: RL:Roseboro, NC./ IF: Retuning from a long journey in the land of OFF

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll throw my hand in for the treasury as I have been covering the IF economy for the last 2 years i have a good grasp on what can be done with the fables and may be able to expand their uses as more opportunities arise .. as it stands we have a lot of arcade game that fables can be used for but i think we can go beyond that . those ideas i can throw out there as time permits
Thunderbird
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, then, lets work on filling these one at a time.

Anyone who wishes to be considered for the Treasurer position, please step forward and plead your case.

Anyone else is invited to share on their opinions of those putting forth a bid for this position.

I'll make a determination on this in about 24 hrs...

Zephyrrr! And...
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Topics: 168

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of all of them, I think I'd be most suited to either the Treasurer, the Welcome Coordinator or the Awards Supervisor. I've had experience with the Treasury and doing Awards before, and I um, wrote the welcome PM. Blush

Anyway, I'm available to take on any one of these if you'd like. Smile
Amichan
Treasurer

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have voiced my call for treasure ans have outlined my reasons but if there is someone more qualified then by all means i have no prob being passed over for one more qualified
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont consider yourself to be less qualified than anyone else for these positions. Past experience doesnt necessarily mean a better job will be done.
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Topics: 75
Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, with... rather alot of encouragement, I'm thinking about putting myself up for Guildmaster for the Fantasy district. I don't know if I am yet, but I am giving it serious thought. Smile

Last edited by Tikanni Corazon on Thu May 12, 2011 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thunderbird
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, all... I think I've got some idea of how this is coming together now but there's still a lot of unfilled posts so anyone else interested?

Zephyrrr! And...
HalfEmptyHero

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vishal Muralidharan wrote:

Well, first off, I don't think the headmaster should be writing manuals. If the headmaster is, then we need a proper system in place that allows only peopl who have paid fables to view the manual, and im guessing the "manual" would be like a regular post. If we do have a good system to address my concerns, then I'm more than happy. I am working on a way to address this myself, and I'll hit you guys up, once Im ready with the plan.

I disagree with the whole paying thing, I don't think charging fables to view a manual is the way to go. My idea was to write manuals explaining the more complicated issues in grammar as well as using bbcode and whatnot. We already have plenty of posts on how to use bbcode, but they need to be unified and indexed. Everything should be freely viewable by nonmembers, as we are trying to attract more people to the site. There is nothing more annoying to me than when I do a google search trying to find something, and the result shows up in a forum that you have to register to view. I immediately ignore the site and continue.

I am not opposed, however, to charge fables to attend classes. I am not sure how interested folks would be in that idea, but I am willing to do it. It would obviously have to take place in chat, and a time would be scheduled in advance. I don't know that our chat is sophisticated enough to prevent non-paying members from attending, but that's an issue to deal with as it comes.
Thunderbird
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good thoughts HEH. Much like what I had been considering there. You can establish separate rooms in chat though... perhaps some respect might simply be needed is all.

Another option is hiding forums for 'classes'. This would take my assistance but I'm willing to help to promote that idea for sure. A benefit of this is that anyone can pay for access to these 'classes' at any time down the road too.

Zephyrrr! And...

Items

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, what I was meaning to ask you to change on the home page, is this

EXPLORE THE CITY ON YOUR OWN!

Which is very archaic for a forum to have, that could possibly have chased some readers away.

Just being honest... The more people help each other the more they'll work together to improve the site's table information... The status...
Cyberworm
Respected Citizen

Topics: 5

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though I do not have any expertise in coding, I excel at working in groups and generating ideas, so I could be of assistance to anyone whose position is material-based (as in story material), and I would also help with any tasks within my abilities.

So, even though I don't have the proper skills nor time for a full council membership, I offer my help in any way needed.

Oh, and I was thinking about this idea of "big brothers/sisters" to new members. It helps in various situations. So, if anyone is interested in doing something like that, count me in.

Smile

Beyond Good and Evil
Could it be that being good is not good at all?
Vishal Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also a different way of thinking about what HEH said. Though I do agree with what he said, think about it this way.

If we made all our manuals and stuff accessible to Non-members, there would be no benefit of joining, rather people would think, "I've got what I need, so goodbye!". And manuals isn't everything on IF.

So what I think is, we should allow Non-members to read only SOME of our "manuals" and the rest should require login. If Non-members like the manuals they've read, they would join to read others, and probably will explore the city.

Atleast that's the way I see it. Very Happy

Cyberworm
Respected Citizen

Topics: 5

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tika, I could work with you if you want. It'd be easier that way. Guildmastering would approx. fit my interests.

Beyond Good and Evil
Could it be that being good is not good at all?
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Topics: 75
Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cy! I'd be perfectly happy with that actually. It would make me feel a whole lot easier about taking the position.

So yeah, if that's okay, I'll go joint Guildmaster of the Fantasy section with Cy. Smile

D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Topics: 103

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vishal Muralidharan wrote:
There is also a different way of thinking about what HEH said. Though I do agree with what he said, think about it this way.

If we made all our manuals and stuff accessible to Non-members, there would be no benefit of joining, rather people would think, "I've got what I need, so goodbye!". And manuals isn't everything on IF.

So what I think is, we should allow Non-members to read only SOME of our "manuals" and the rest should require login. If Non-members like the manuals they've read, they would join to read others, and probably will explore the city.

Atleast that's the way I see it. Very Happy

Hey, it works for Scientology. Very Happy
HalfEmptyHero

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Lotus wrote:

Hey, it works for Scientology. Very Happy

Good Post
Thunderbird
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, so far, these are my selections:

• High Lord Chancellor – PopeAllesandrosXVIII

• Treasurer – Kang

• Welcome Coordinator – Crunchyfrog

• Headmaster of the Academy – HalfEmptyHero

• Competition Coordinator – unfilled so I'm defaulting the role to the High Lord and myself unless someone wishes to take this job - it can be an entertaining one Wink

• Advertising Manager – Nobody has specifically mentioned any desire to work on this section so it will fall to the High Lord and I unless anyone wishes to step forward. This is a challenging post, I'll admit, and it doesn't surprise me to see some reluctance towards this postition. But success here serves us all more than any other post, so it comes with the highest of honors to any willing and able to perform it well.

• Awards Supervisor – Crunchy, are you willing to take this on as well? There are few of us who have such a wide scope in reading just about every post on IF - you're one of them, along with Pope and I. Perhaps we can share the position - unless anyone else wants to suggest themselves for it.

• Fantasy Guildmaster - Tikanni Corazon w/ Cyberworm's assitance - Tika, you may wish to grant a title to Cy in the guild as I'm officially giving the position to you. I know you'll do a great job here - its only as demanding as you want to make it.

• Sci-Fi Guildmaster - Barking_Basenji_Splitpin - Keep in mind BBS that this is largely my territory as well so you'll have more oversite in this arena than most of the guildmasters will. I'll be helping all guildmasters anyhow, but my focus will be of personal importance in this guild.

• Horror Guildmaster - Anyone? This one could be really fun.

• Humor Guildmaster - Again, Anyone? This one could also be quite fun.

• Romance Guildmaster - And again... you get the picture.

• Expirimental Guildmaster - Unfilled currently. Anyone interested in leading discussions on how to push new methods of Storygaming should step forward here - Lebby? D-Lotus? Would this fit a bill for you Vishal?

• Linear Guildmaster - will go without a guildmaster I think, unless anyone feels it warrants one and they'd like to support the craft of straight, standard literature - D?

• Speedgame Guildmaster - Forum moderation is more important than a 'guild' here in my opinion, but anyone willing to take such a position may come with an imagination for the post that surpasses my own. Any takers?

• Role Player's Den Guildmaster - Pope has stepped up to say he'd like to focus on developing this section of the forum and I think both the Role Player's Den and the Word Games districts should be one of the primary focuses of the High Lord Chencellor in general. In otherwords - there really is not a position for a 'Guild' in the Games sections unless I hear convincing arguments to the contrary.
    I'm thinking about putting Vishal Muralhardrin in this slot - but V, you seem to want more definition to the role so I'm going to have to send you some more on that I suppose?

To assist those who wish more info on Guildmastering - The job includes:

• General Moderators duties in the equivalent genre district: This used to be all the council was really assigned individually. Aprox. once a month I'm going to ask us all to thoroughly go through our forums and,

• Sticky stories that have earned the privelege.
    • Warn authors of stories that have remained inactive for 3 months or more that their stories are soon to be moved to stasis.
    • Move stories that have ignored previous warnings into stasis.

And possibly a couple more functions along these lines.

• Maintain a 'Guild'. Each guild shall have its own guildhouse, a hidden forum in which members may play with the concept of the genre itself, finding fun ways to promote and grow not only the genre, but the use of it within the city. You can hold competitions, discussions, and creative pursuits in relationship to the guild's focus. I'm going to rely on guildmasters, as a unified group, to discuss some of the 'rules' for guilds in general, such as how many guilds may a given member of IF be allowed to be a part of, etc. But the goal is to get some inter-guild competitions going as well as internal guild competitions.

I will aid us in growing this vision as we go.

Part of maintaining the guild is to invite members of IF to join the guild, and moderate the list of members that have been given membership. You may assign some sort of entry quest to members that would like to join - its up to you. This is about having some fun secret places on IF that not everyone is privy to so as to make us all feel uniquely special in our roles here as IFians.

This has been done and has failed to achieve its goals entirely though the previous efforts did show us some things to learn by their trial and errors and I really think we could make this a very fun part of being an IFian.

Anyhow - does this help to inspire any more applicants to any unfilled positions? For those who have been passed over on positions they wanted but were contested for, I apologize. Everyone will get to play a part they wish to eventually, I'm sure. And I'd like to remind that a vote of confidence in one does not predicate a vote of 'no-confidence' in another. Usually, these decisions have been made on the basis of how well concieved the ideas were expressed by the would-be councilmember.

Zephyrrr! And...
Shillelagh
Citizen

Topics: 20

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might consider a guild position, actually. A lot of my short work is in the humor genre, so I wouldn't mind taking that one. I'm also considering the experimental genre, too. I've done a lot of CYOA work on a different site, which translates pretty directly into the Multiverse here. I've also been thinking about how interesting it might be to directly incorporate drawings and pictures into a SG...

Ihniwid Chapter 5 is up- find it here!
misterbiz
Horror Mod

Topics: 50

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take over as the horror guildmaster since you know...i am a warped, twisted mastermind...and have an evil laugh and everything...bwhahahahahaha
Thunderbird
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okie:

• Experimental Guildmaster - Shillelagh

• Horror Guildmaster - misterbiz

Check. (This was discussed further betwen both in chat...) Positions are filling up nicely.

Zephyrrr! And...
Vishal Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh.. I'd be RPGuildmaster, but what's the use of a guild there?

I'd take romance if I could as well. Infact, I was gonna start my first story as a romance one, but then I saw that there was no section for the genre.

Also, TBird, you don't have to spell my full name Shocked I hate it when my name gets misspelt, but if you have to spell it fully... copy-paste!!! I'd prefer just V or Vishal btw. Very Happy

Thunderbird
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Vishal. (for any misspelling)

And yeah, Romance guildmaster is currently open - I hadn't suspected it of you - looking forward to your new story there Smile (In know I've told you to curtail new stories for a bit but you've earned the right to shoot for another by now I think - and with the stimulus going as well Wink )

Though I asked someone else earlier this evening if they were interested in the post, they didn't respond here yet to say yay or nay and you'd generically put in for a guildmaster position some time ago so I feel compelled to give it to you.

That leaves Humor Guildmaster still open - any takers?

Zephyrrr! And...
Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Topics: 20
Location: sitting barefoot in a tree in the beautiful land of Ardara, writing my tales...

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was going to go for Romance...but i've been at work all day ((double shifts...theyre a joy...)). haha! congrats, Vishal! =)
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Topics: 103

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would consider the Speedwriter's Square Mod, unfortunately I don't know how active I will be on the site in the future. I have time off from school right now, but soon I'll be travelling, working, etc, and it might require my full attention. So I wouldn't want to commit to something I can't fulfill.
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Welcome co-ordinator I can get on straight away.

Thunderbird wrote:
Awards Supervisor – Crunchy, are you willing to take this on as well? There are few of us who have such a wide scope in reading just about every post on IF - you're one of them, along with Pope and I. Perhaps we can share the position - unless anyone else wants to suggest themselves for it.
Depends what you had in mind for it. The IFday awards in the profiles you will have to do now if you intend to continue it - but there are other things I can do with awards. Smile
Smee
Revered IFian

Topics: 166

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering, considering she has the honour of the very first story in the new Comedy forum, whether BBS might be willing to swap for Humour guild, and allow me to go for Scifi - comedy isn't really my forte.

Your decision though BBS/TB Smile
Vishal Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andolyn wrote:
haha! congrats, Vishal! =)

Thanks! Very Happy

Thunderbird
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so,

Vishal, I recommend you take on Andolyn as your top second in the romance guild, just as Tikky has done with Cy.

BBS, Smee has long been a strong contributor in the Sci-fi section, and was ultimately the best Guildmaster I've ever witnessed on the site. Please no hard feelings if I give him the position there - but if Smee is willing, perhaps he'd take you on as his second (or I'd be very happy to give you Guildmastership of the Humor category - this area needs some real stimulating too so its a big post as well)

D - I've just opened up Artistic Avenue - a guild there sounds like it could be fun! So I'm giving you charge of Guildmastering there. My first request for you is to craft some welcome statements to introduce us to the main forums within. (Or, as Welcome Coordinator, you may take this task if you'd like CF.) I'm leaving that first task to either of you for now.

Crunchy - I'll start a section for some discussions between us on the Award Supervisor post in just a bit.

Zephyrrr! And...

Items

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the humor section! It was my first IFGuide story that did make some laugh. I do have a humor inside me. Very Happy I'd really love to be a humor guild master. When I grow up-- I'd like to like eggs... Razz I'll be hard working! And I do have enough time to be around the place. And there is no hard feelings I bare toward anyone. Mad Madusa smiles upon you
Amichan
Treasurer

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you for the nod I will do my best to represent my duties fairly and honorably
Vishal Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBird... how do I do that?! I can't add another mod. o.O

Thunderbird
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah... yes... I'll have to set her up with that. Don't let me forget! Tomorrow evening I'll address some of these loose ends.

Zephyrrr! And...
Thunderbird
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still looking for someone to fill the Advertising Coordinator post.

Chinaren has become the newly appointed Speedgame Moderator. Congrats C'ren!

Guilds are about ready to go I think.

Neat stuff all around!

Zephyrrr! And...
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> City Auditorium -> Auditorium Archives All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: