Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
The Color of Sound...the Roleplay!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Role Player's Den -> Group Role Plays
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author Chapter
Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Topics: 20
Location: sitting barefoot in a tree in the beautiful land of Ardara, writing my tales...

Items
Legends
Fables
1578 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: The Color of Sound...the Roleplay!! Reply with quote

Here we go, everyone!!

For those of you who havent been following my SG, The Color of Sound, you're going to be totally lost...so i would suggest reading at least the first chapter before trying to jump in.

This is an open RPG where anyone is welcome at any time. The only rules are that there will be no godmodding ((playing other characters' thoughts and actions)) and I will have a say in whether or not the character is acceptable (i have very lax rules concerning that...mainly, no all powerful characters...it kills the drama of the story and thus kills the fun for everyone else). All you do is post a character description here on the thread ((or if you have a character with hidden traits, you can PM them to me if it will improve the intrigue for the other players)) like so:

Name: Aria Grimsby

Appearance: 5' 10" tall, curly blonde hair down to her waist, green eyes, fair skin

Gift(s) ((if a Gifted--if not, talents or skills)): seeing sound waves and drawing things into reality

Personality and Character Overview: Aria is a quiet, shy girl with a lot of heart and a lot of spunk when you crack her shell. She's deaf, but her ability to see sound as colorful waves and lipreading ease her disability. She is beginning her first year at Kingston Crown University and is studying to become a nurse. She has a part time job working with children at the local hospital and loves every minute of it.

there you go! post some character descriptions, and once we've got enough to start the story, we'll get it going!
Vishal Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Topics: 24

Items
Legends
Fables
508 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm.. Can I add a character that is not a part of the original tale?!

The eyes are useless if the mind is blind.
Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Location: sitting barefoot in a tree in the beautiful land of Ardara, writing my tales...

Items
Legends
Fables
1578 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course! that's the whole point!! =D
Vishal Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Topics: 24

Items
Legends
Fables
508 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Steve Johnson

Appearance: 6' 4" Short, spiked hair, brown eyes, muscled body and fair skinned.

Gift(s) : Telekenisis, Invisibility and Mind reading and manipulation.

Personality and Character Overview: Steve is the bad boy. He prefers violence, but uses it only against evel. He doesn't care about your feelings, and he will say whatever he feels. He has been working for the military for four years as a pilot bomber.

The eyes are useless if the mind is blind.
Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Items
Legends
Fables
1578 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE it!! we'll wait for a few more characters & we'll get this going. =)
Thunderbird
Elder

Topics: 104

Items
Legends
Fables
1592 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Idea... Superhuman all over again but simpler. This'll be a sure hit and I may have to figure out a profile charater for ya.

CHAPTER 25: Near-Light Speed (NEW CHAPTER! (12/4/2011))
Zephyrrr! And...
Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Items
Legends
Fables
1578 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll be waiting, T.=)
Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Topics: 30

Items
Legends
Fables
581 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Christian Fletcher

Appearance: 6'2. Jet black hair and a muscular build, black eyes, makes females !swoon! and !drool! Razz

Gift(s) ((if a Gifted--if not, talents or skills)): Probably the strongest and most agile man to have ever lived.

Personality and Character Overview: Christian has an uncanny ability of staying calm and focussed. All the girls in the world (who would go after him, eventually) won't get him distracted and he'd finish his job first. His calmess and focussed attitude helps him think more clearly. Currently unemployed :/

Be sure to read HATE in Romance section Wink

Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
581 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christian walked out of the room, quite frustrated.

Another interview gone by and Christian was sure he wasn't gonna crack it, even though the interviewer was drooling over him more then any woman had. It got to the point where Christian bluntly said "Stop oogling me". The interviewer was pretty offended.

Christian was grinning now. He walked quite a distance in search for some other work. There was only one place he hadn't tried anyway.

Christian sped up and headed towards the local hospital. Not his style, but he loved children and maybe he could be of some help there..

misterbiz
Horror Mod

Topics: 50

Items
Legends
Fables
2895 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Mike Easton

Appearance: 5' 10" tall, shoulder length jet black hair, red eyes, green skin

Gift(s) ((if a Gifted--if not, talents or skills)): Removal of body parts

Personality and Character Overview: Mike is often seen as loud and obnoxious. He constantly makes jokes as a way to cover for the true amount of suffering that he feels. When angry, he becomes a walking ball of obscenities and has the habit of literally falling apart.

Mike stood in the center of the stairs of the hospital, working on his balance. Not because he particularly wanted to but because he had stumbled and his leg had fallen off and fallen to the bottom of them. He stood shaking his arms for a bit before he noticed Christian approaching. "Hey, bro-ha," he said. "Could you pick that up for me?" he said pointing at the leg.

Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
581 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WARNING: Strong language in this post

"Huh what?"

Christian looked at the direction in which the man's arm was pointing. And thee, right below the stairs appeared what seemed to be the man's missing leg.

"What.... the.... fuck?!" Christian pronounced each word slowly. Dazed, Christian bent down and touched the leg. It was real!!!

Still feeling confused, he gently picked it up and placed it the man's arm. "Umm... Does that happen often?!"

misterbiz
Horror Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
2895 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike placed the leg in the right spot and fumbled with it for a second before reaching into his pocket and pulling out some duct tape. He taped the leg back on and stretched it for a moment, making sure it was working.

"Ah, much better," he said. He looked to Christian and gave a nod. "Yeah, happens a lot unfortunately. A lot. Hence I carry duct tape around and you know, to occasionally silence the people that need silencing. Like the mimes."

He flashed Christian a smile and offered him a handshake. "The name's Mike Easton."

Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
581 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christian looked at Mike's hand.

"I would, Mike but I dont want your hand to fall apart in my hand" said Christian returning the smile.

"I know it's the first time we're meeting, but do you know where I could get a job?!"

misterbiz
Horror Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
2895 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike nodded. "Understandable. It's happened before." He said letting out a laugh He thought about his question for a moment before glancing at the hospital.

"I'm actually on my way to see a friend right now. Perhaps she could help you. Provided I put in a good word for ya, which considering you helped me out with my leg, I'd be happy to do that." he said.

Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
581 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"She?"

Christian shook thinking of his last interview. "Do you know a 'he' who could get a job for me?! 'She's get distracted easily."

"Unless of course, she's different from the girls out in the streets"

misterbiz
Horror Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
2895 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh she's different, all right. Most girls scream and run from me yet she is one of my closest friends. Trust me, she's not like most girls," he said with a wink. "Come on. Follow me and I'll introduce you." He said before starting into the hosptial. He looked around for a moment before walking to a nurses station and smiling at a nurse who looked at him in disgust.

"Hey, doll, could you get Aria down here please? Thanks." He turned to Christian and smiled. "By the way, you never mentioned your name..."

Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Items
Legends
Fables
1578 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aria laid the infant she'd been rocking back in his crib and turned to go to the next room when the nurse on the floor entered the room.

"Hey, sweets, you've got a visitor downstairs. Someone named..." But Aria was already out the door and running down the hall, "Mike..." the nurse laughed and went on about her duties.

Aria skidded into the elevator and pushed the button repeatedly to make the lift go faster. When it reached the floor of her destination, she raced down the small flight of stairs between herself and the front doors. Mike was there. He wasn't alone, but that didn't matter just at the time. He was the one she'd been wanting to see that day.

"Mike!!" she squealed, jumping into his arms.
Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
581 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christian winced imagining the girl falling to the floor along with Mike's arms. He turned away, so that he wouldn't see that.

"Umm... Christian here" He said silently. In his mind, he was hoping that this pretty girl, was different from the rest.

misterbiz
Horror Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
2895 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He prepared himself and caught her as she jumped into his arms. he could feel his arms loosen but they managed to stay connected to his body. As he let go he let out a laugh. "Careful there, my body isn't too sturdy today. I even lost a leg outside." He turned to Christian and smiled

"But this lad was kind enough to fetch it for me," He said. "He is looking for a job and I'm officially putting in a good word for him. He fetches legs like a champ."

Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Items
Legends
Fables
1578 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aria frowned at Mike, patting his shoulder, then beamed at the newcomer, offering her hand to him.

"Well, we don't have much of a need for leg fetchers around here...but we could always use a good maintenance guy. How about I get you in touch with my supervisor?"
Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
581 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christian frowned.

Not swooning yet...

"As long as I get a job" he said and shook her hand.

There was something about this woman that struck Christian as odd. She was definitely not the usual type. Something was different about this young, pretty girl and Christian was keen on finding out. He would wait before asking though.

We could become good friends

Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Items
Legends
Fables
1578 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Excellent," Aria smiled again before turning to the receptionist who was about to drool on her paper staring at Christian. "Mitsy...?" the girl started and looked at Aria. "Could you get the house supervisor down here for me? I've got someone he needs to meet. thanks."

The receptionist did as she was asked, and Aria turned back to Mike with concern in her green eyes, "So how much have you been falling apart today? You don't think you're coming down with something, do you?" She reached up and felt his forehead anxiously.
Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
581 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh..kayy" Christian said.

Christian had assumed that every girl here was different but the reciptionists expression told him a different story. He turned his attention to the girl in front of him, who was feeling Mike's forehead anxiously.

The only girl Christian ever bothered looking at twice was the only girl who wouldn't drool at him.

Atleast, it'll be easier to work here

misterbiz
Horror Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
2895 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike shrugged. "Well, I lost my fingers putting on my shoes, lost a toe walking here, leg on the stairs..." before he could continue his arm fell off and hit the ground with a thud. He let out a sigh followed by a chuckle.

"Arm in the hallway," he said, staring at it. "Maybe I am coming down with something. or my body just wants to be stupid today."

Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Items
Legends
Fables
1578 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aria sighed with an apologetic look about her before stooping to pick up Mike's arm. She pulled the out the duct tape she'd developed a habit of keeping in her side pocket and went to work reattaching the arm.

"I get off work in half an hour," she said, holding the tape between her teeth as she worked. "I want you to wait for me and we'll walk back to the cave together, ok? I don't want you getting stranded on the sidewalk if you fall apart."

At that moment, the supervisor came out of his office.

"Hey, Joe!" Aria batted her long eyelashes like she always did when she wanted something.

"What is it NOW, Ari?" the man laughed.

"My new friend here, needs a job...think you can help him out with that?" She beamed at Christian again. "Just go with him, and he'll get you all set up."

"You know, I sort of hate my inability to tell you no..." Joe sighed as he welcomed Christian. Aria giggled before she turned back to Mike with a warning look in her eye.

"Wait for me," she commanded.
misterbiz
Horror Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
2895 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike saluted. "Yes, ma'am," he said with a charming smile before leaning against the wall and smiling at her. He waited a moment before rising and pointing toward the waiting room.

"I'm gonna wait there," he said. With a wink, he started toward the waiting room, whistling a Christmas carol as he walked, even though it wasn't even close to Christmas.

Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Items
Legends
Fables
1578 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aria crossed her arms over her chest and shook her head as she watched him go. She then patted Christian's shoulder.

"It was really nice meeting you! If you don't care, when you're done here, stop by the waiting room and make sure he stays put...I don't trust him." She winked before bouncing off toward the elevators to complete her shift.
Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
581 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christian gave a quick nod. He was really happy that he had got a job and that he had made 2 friends. He found the girl's behaviour odd. There was something different about her and that made Christian like her even more. By now almost every nurse in the room was staring at Christian, with their mouths wide open. That was his !problem!. Girls just couldn't control themselves even if Christian was just walking by. Aria was the only exception.

Christian put those thoughts to rest, turned around and followed Joe.

Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Items
Legends
Fables
1578 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"There you go, sweetheart!" Aria handed the handkerchief she'd been drawing the balloon-man on for the last little boy of that shift. She'd recently figured out that drawing on cloth made the children's play things last longer.

With that, she stood, passed hugs and kisses around and went to clock out.

When she reached the waiting room where they boys were waiting for her, Aria entered, smoothing her baggy scrub outfit and pulling down the massive amount of golden curls that had been tied in a messy bun at the back of her head.

"Hey guys!"
misterbiz
Horror Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
2895 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike jumped up from his seat and beamed at her. "Ah, you're back. I stayed put just as you ordered." he said, giving her a salute which promptly caused a handful of fingers to fall off. He let out a sigh and looked down at them.

"Which was probably a most excellent decision on your part," he said, giving her a smile.

Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Items
Legends
Fables
1578 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aria smiled at him almost sadly before bending to retrieve his fingers, pulling out the smaller roll of painter's tape that was better for fingers and toes.

"Personally, i think it was a fabulous decision," she said as she worked. She reached up with a free hand to pat his head. "And, good boy for staying put."
misterbiz
Horror Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
2895 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike smiled and pointed at the tape. "My I borrow a bit of that. I haven't actually got my toes back on." He slipped his shoe off and dumped a couple toes from it into his hand. He sat down, dropped the shoe, and held his hand out with a smile, wiggling his remaining toes.

Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Items
Legends
Fables
1578 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aria couldn't help but laugh at her friend as she passed him the tape.

"I really don't like this, you know...it's not usually this bad..." despite the laugh, a hint of worry was evident in her soft voice as she sat cross legged in front of the green man.
misterbiz
Horror Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
2895 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He taped his toes back on and looked at her. "Yeah. I could be coming down with a cold or something. Maybe a flu. Illness kinda helps my body fall apart easier. Once he was finished taping up his foot he handed the tape back to her and grabbed his own roll of duct tape. He secured his other arm just in case.

"Ah...much better," he said standing up and putting his shoe back on.

Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Items
Legends
Fables
1578 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"well...we ARE standing in a hospital, you know? And I AM almost a nurse..." she stood, offering her hand to her best friend to help him up. "Want me to check you over?"
Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
581 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christian, after a not-so-satisfying first day at work, came back to the room to find Aria and Mike talking to each other. Atleast I can talk to em

"Hey guys!!"

Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Items
Legends
Fables
1578 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aria turned and lit up at seeing her new friend. "Hey you! How do you like it so far?"
Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
581 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Need to get used to this job. But otherwise, Im fine" Christian smiled.

"How was your day?" He asked Aria and quickly turned his attention to Mike. "Feeling any better, champ?"

Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Items
Legends
Fables
1578 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm just fine...worried about this one, though," she looked at mike with a sigh. We need to get him home...got any plans for this afternoon?"
Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
581 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Nope... I'd be glad to stick with you two!!" Christian was still looking at Mike, hisface beginning to show concern.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Group Role Plays All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: