Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
A Wrinkle In Time!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Role Player's Den -> Group Role Plays
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Midnight
Citizen

Topics: 7

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"My story..." Midnight started to think of what she was doing before she had woken in the cell, "I am just a traveller, I have been traveling ever since I left my home. At some point I had convinced myself that I was searching for my father-" Midnight paused, memories flooding into her mind.

oO My father... No, he was not the reason. Oo

"Well, that story does not matter," Midnight brushed the thought of her father away and changed the topic to a more pleasent one, "As you may have noticed, I am not like every other human. I leave black and silver trails, see?" She waved her hair around, showing V the trails that followed them.

Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Topics: 30

Items
Legends
Fables
581 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikas was stunned.

"I... I kinda like them" he said grinning. "Traveller eh?", he carried on. "Must be fun. Visiting loads of places. I've had my fair share of it, before I migrated to US. You get to see really beautiful places and actually meet amazing people" Vikas said a bit more relaxed. oO And you hope there are no racists oO

"You've ever been to India?" He asked Midnight. "And if you dont mind, show me those trails again", he said blushing slightly.

Be sure to read HATE in Romance section Wink

Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight smiled and stood up.

"I'll do one better." She said, then suddenly like a blur, she ran towards the waters edge then back to V.

Black and silver trails hung in the air where she had ran, gleaming slightly from the moonlight. They stirred there for a few moments before they started to dissapate, leaving behind star like dots in the air before disappearing completely.

Midnight sat back down and answered V's previous question.

"No, I'm afraid I never got the chance to visit India. Abduction and all." She laughed a quiet laugh, she had relaxed immensily and had completely forgotten about Logan and Damian.

Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
581 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikas stared at the trails and looked back to face Midnight, grinning more than ever. "Yeah, we'll get out of this mess some day" he said. "I'll show you around there" he said still grinning. "Its a beautiful place" he said and his mind took him to his childhood again.

He snapped and brought himself back to the present.

He was abducted, and yet happily talking with a beautiful woman on the beach and eating bread, with an angry man behind him.

"We all get into tough spots" he though out loud. He sighed and looked at Midnight. "We'll do our best to stay happy" he said. "You can put on your pants now, by the way" He winked.

Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight blushed, completely forgetting that she was still running around in nothing but her T-shirt and Hoodie for pants.

"I-I was just thinking that." She started and quickly grabbed her jeans and put them on under the hoodie. Once she was satisfied with the fit, she took the hoodie off and did up the button and zipper on her jeans.

"There, all done. Not only that but I have a pillow for the night," She folded up her hoodie and placed it on the sand, grabbed a palm leaf and placed it below her pillow. "There, bed made."

Midnight laid down and looked up at the stars, after spending so much time in the cell she had almost forgotten what they looked like.

"Well, I for one am very tired, so I shall try and get some shut eye. I bought some extra palm leaves for you to V," She said, pointing to the pile of leaves she had found, before rolling over and closing her eyes. "By the way, it was good talking to you." She managed to say, before drifting to sleep.

Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
581 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Same here" Vikas said, feeling a bit more than tired. He lay down, using the palm leaves Midnight had gotten him. He looked at her sleeping body and smiled. He also turned back to Logan's hinding hole. oO Hope he'll join us. Seemed like a nice guy Oo

Vikas' mind drifted to the others he had met in the cell and then back to his childhood. He looked at the stars and said a prayer. A prayer for Midnight and himself, Logan and Damian and the others who had or hadn't made it to the beach yet. He closed his eyes and drifted away to sleep... slowly.

Vishal Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Topics: 24

Items
Legends
Fables
508 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brock's smile straightened ever so slightly, but straightened nevertheless. They didn't need misunderstandings. They were apparently 200 years in the past and and no idea where they were. "Let me tell you one thing" Brock said, standing up and gesturing Damian to do the same. "From experience... Misunderstandings can kill".

Brock took a few paces ahead, before turning around. "You coming? Lets go looking for him".

The eyes are useless if the mind is blind.
UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Topics: 2

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damian stood with Brock.

"Perhaps that would be best," Damian said, unfurling his coat, "Hopefully he's cooled down. He seemed pretty angry when we parted."

He kicked some sand on the fire and started to walk down the beach.

"I'm pretty sure he went in this direction," Damian motioned for Brock to follow him, "And I'm certain Midnight went this way too, although she could be gone by now."

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Topics: 20
Location: sitting barefoot in a tree in the beautiful land of Ardara, writing my tales...

Items
Legends
Fables
1578 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andolyn stretched. Watching the ocean had taken her mind away from all this for a bit...a good bit by the look of the sky, now glittering with stars. Now, the scene was fully perfected. The ocean and the stars. If she allowed herself, she could stand here watching for another few hours, but Andolyn noticed that the others had gone elsewhere.

Off to her left, she heard someone coming, so she waited where she stood, ankle deep in the water, moonlight shining down on her, catching in her now silvery looking hair while the waves continued to toy with her long dress. It was relaxing, and she sensed no danger in the ones approaching.
UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Damian led Brock further down the beach, passing by the original spot, he noticed Adolyn watching from the ocean, standing in what seemed to be the same spot she'd stood all day.

oOThat's a little odd.Oo

"Hey, Adolyn was it?" Damian called to her, "We're trying to find the others, want to join us?"

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Location: sitting barefoot in a tree in the beautiful land of Ardara, writing my tales...

Items
Legends
Fables
1578 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andolyn chuckled slightly. oO Yes...it is odd...but when you're a sea elf... Oo

"Yes, Andolyn," she emerged onto the shore, "Apologies for that little trance I seem to have slipped into. My people come from the sea, so it rather captivates me. What have I missed?"
UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well, Logan and I had a bit of a misunderstanding and got seperated," Damian explained, still embarassed about the situation, "Brock showed up near me, and so now we're going to see if we can find the others."

"I'm certain he went that way," Damian gestured further down the beach, "And Midnight headed over there this afternoon, so she should still be there too. Maybe the others are over there as well?"

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Items
Legends
Fables
1578 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Perhaps," Andolyn sighed, falling into step with the two men.
UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damian led the pair further down the beach, recognising the rocky area where Midnight had disappeared off to. To his surprise, he found V and Midnight lying on the beach, sound asleep. He assumed Logan was in the nearby cave, seeing as there was a series of palm leaves covering it.

"I think we shouldn't wake them," I indicated the pair sleeping on the ground, "This doesn't involve them."

I approached the mouth of the cave, indicating that Andolyn and Brock should let me handle it.

"Logan? Are you in there?" I asked tentatively.

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Items
Legends
Fables
1578 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andolyn took a seat next to Midnight's sleeping form. She had to resist the temptation to run her fingers through the girl's shadowy hair, and instead began humming a slow elvish lullaby about the stars.
Vishal Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
508 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brock had, till now, followed Damian as he led him and the new acquaintance, Andolyn to where Logan, presumably was. Damian had called him out, but there was no response.

"I'm walking right in" said Brock and started to make his way into the cave.

Masterweaver
Honored Citizen

Topics: 13

Items
Legends
Fables
35 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Yeah, sorry, I'm on too infrequently for such a fast-paced thread. I'll opt out...))
Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
581 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(( bumps thread ))

Cremuex Levier
Resident

Topics: 6

Items
Legends
Fables
11 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I'm interested in playing this but I'm not sure how the time zones will affect each other. I'm Australian so GMT+10:00 though I do get on several times a day usually so that might not be a problem at all. I'm not sure how I'd come in though since you're in a different time, possibly a different world. Can you tell me the year and the country so I can make something appropriate? I'll send you a PM Logan asking for that character sheet to fill in. For now though I'll just be watching this thread. I'm not sure about the oOTextOo for thinking, I usually do italics but if that's the way this RP roles I'm fine with it if you are.))
Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
581 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(I'm interested in playing this but I'm not sure how the time zones will affect each other. I'm Australian so GMT+10:00 though I do get on several times a day usually so that might not be a problem at all. I'm not sure how I'd come in though since you're in a different time, possibly a different world. Can you tell me the year and the country so I can make something appropriate? I'll send you a PM Logan asking for that character sheet to fill in. For now though I'll just be watching this thread. I'm not sure about the oOTextOo for thinking, I usually do italics but if that's the way this RP roles I'm fine with it if you are.))

(I dont think Timezones are a problem.. Both Masterweaver and Undead are from Australia too, if I remember correctly.. Our only worry is whether Logan'll be back to resume this)

Cremuex Levier
Resident

Items
Legends
Fables
11 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Ahh, I see... But didn't master weaver drop out either on this page or the one before? It's a shame, I was look at getting into a RP. I got a PM from Logan saying that it kind of fizzled out, I'd still like to join if others wouldn't mind maybe getting back into it? Wink I was hoping to give one of my characters, Elizabeth Bennet, a spin on here.)
Vishal Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
508 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikas Muralidharan wrote:

Our only worry is whether Logan'll be back to resume this

(Never mind)

After a few minutes, Brock made his way out of the cave. He noticed everyone was looking at him. In a why so long?! kind off way. Brock dusted off his pants and answered the question that wasn't asked.

"He isn't there. Its empty."

Cremuex Levier
Resident

Items
Legends
Fables
11 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((I tried to find some things that were appropriate to 1887 since that's the actual year mentioned. I hope it's ok to bring in a character. I'm going to ASSUME that since trading was around with ships back then that having a British American wouldn't be all that odd. Realistically I mean.))

A small amount of light bobbed through the forest towards the ocean, throwing shadows askew about the place. The light was emanating from an old oil lamp hanging from the dainty lace gloved hand of a twenty year old woman. In her other hand was a canvas and an easel. The woman had blonde hair, kept up in a neat bun without a strand falling out of place. Her skin was light but not pale enough to look sickly or unnatural. She wore a navy blue victorian dress of the era, hiked up enough at the front to avoid being trodden on by her small pointed leather boots of black. Hanging loosely from her shoulder was a small satchel bag made from a similar sort of fabric to her dress which was slightly weighted down by paints and brushes.

She was walking back to the ocean to finish her painting. She just couldn't manage to get the water at night quite reflective of the mood that it made. As she arrived at the clearing she nearly dropped her easel at the sight. Someone else was at her little section of the beach. Few people if any from the town ever came up this far. She walked over to them slightly hurriedly before she noticed that she didn't recognize any of them and that their clothes were quite peculiar and strange.

"My word, what are you all wearing? Who are you all?" She asked with a noticeable English accent.
Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Items
Legends
Fables
1578 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andolyn cocked a thin eyebrow at the sudden appearance of the girl. She allowed the corner of her mouth to draw up in a smile.

"I don't think you'd believe us if we told you."
UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oOThat's odd, I could have sworn that Logan was inside there. Perhaps it was a glitch in the vest?Oo

Damian brushed aside his thoughts as a woman carrying an easel and an oil lamp came into the clearing.

"Suffice to say we aren't from around here," Damian made sure to keep his wording vague, "Can you tell us where we are?"

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Cremuex Levier
Resident

Items
Legends
Fables
11 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The woman listened to their vague explanations and a tingle of suspicion came into her mind.

"Indeed your not and you don't even know where you are either? We're quite away from any town but I suppose the closest would be Charlestown or Georgetown."

The woman looked at the others on the beach that hadn't spoken yet and noticed the palm leaves about the place.

"My word you aren't... living out here are you?" She looked at them with concern.

"You simply must come with me back to my home, you can't stay around here without proper clothes and you'll get a frightful cold if you sleep out at night."
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight woke to the sound of voices. Slowly sitting up, she took in her surroundings and found that a person she had not seen before was standing in front of the group.

“Hello,” Midnight replied, her voice groggy. “Who are you?”

Cremuex Levier
Resident

Items
Legends
Fables
11 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hello." she said shortly, looking down at the half asleep woman.

"I am Madam Bennet, and you all would be?" She didn't seem very sure whether or not she should trust them. They could be thieves for all she knew.

"You aren't in any trouble are you?" She wasn't sure if she should be concerned or scared. They hadn't offered any explanation and they were certainly strange by any margin.
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight looked over the new woman. She could sense that she did not trust them but one couldn't blame her, considering the circumstances.

Slowly, Midnight got to her feet so that she could greet Madam Bennet properly.

"My name is Midnight. It’s a pleasure to meet you," She replied, doing a little courtesy. “We aren’t in any trouble... we are all just... a little lost.”

oO I didn’t lie... in a way.Oo

UndeadCowboy
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2245 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Damian Brand," Damian introduced himself with a brief smile, "So we're in South Carolina, correct?"

Damian pulled together a story that he hoped would be passable.

"We were following a trading caravan from out west, most of us just met up along the road. Anyway we kinda lost them and have spent the last few weeks trying to get back on track," Damian feigned embarassment at the predicament, "Glad to have someone who knows these parts show up."

Signed,

The Undead Cowboy
Cremuex Levier
Resident

Items
Legends
Fables
11 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well, so long as you aren't doing anything illegal or on the run from the sheriff's officers-" She considered this for a moment.

"Weeks? You've been out here for weeks?" she asked with a clear expression of shock. She was finding a lot of this hard to buy considering the very small amount of things they had with them.

"If you're after a trading caravan you're probably best off to just go into town. The prices might be a little higher but they're dependable and you can count on the quality."

"I can take you into town but I must urge you to come back with me and get some proper clothes on. It's a two and a half day walk into town though if you don't have a horse... which I assume is your situation."
Vishal Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
508 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brock shook himself from his deep thoughts. He was trying to figure out where Logan had gone and was hoping he hadn't done anything stupid. The appearance of this girl posed them a new problem. They were used to living centuries ahead of what they would be forced to live in now. None of them knew what exactly was going on. This Logan guy, he'd got them all here, and then he disappears. This whole gang, they had exploited this... This small wrinkle in time, and it's gotten them into a very awkward situation.

He had listened to the others speak, and it all led him to confirm what he knew was already true. You can't lie if you don't know the truth

"Brock Spearman" he said to the woman, who had identified herself as Madam Bennet. oO Do I extend my hand for a shake?! Oo

Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
581 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikas, who had woken up on the sound of voices managed to yell out "Vikas here!"

He sat up slowly and looked at the new girl who had just arrived. He could see that she was not convinced by the story. Edging closer to Midnight, he whispered, in such a low voice that only she could hear.

"Can we just tell her? Not the whole truth, but something more close to it? She obviously doesnt buy our story"

Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I suppose we could. But what are the chances that she will believe that story, it isn't exactly... normal." Midnight replied in a whisper.

Midnight brushed her hair away from her eyes. She understood where V was coming from, she didn't want to lie to someone who was offereing to help them. But with Logan nowhere to be found, along with the vest, they couldn't risk being jailed.

phineusbright247
Visitor

Topics: 0

Items
Legends
Fables
9 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty good.....i really like very beginning of it.....its just amazing......

Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Items
Legends
Fables
1578 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andolyn laid a slender hand on Midnight's shoulder and gave her an encouraging nod.

"Just because he was the first one to grab the vest doesn't make him all powerful." Her voice was a soft whisper--barely audible.

::and thanks, Phineus! I dont believe we've met. Welcome!::
Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
581 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

::Welcome to IF, phineus!!! Hope you enjoy yourself here::

Vikas looked up at Andolyn. "He could... He could have have just used the vest to travel to different time, and left us stranded here" he whispered. "He might not be all poweful, but he definitly is in a better position with the vest"

Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Items
Legends
Fables
1578 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andolyn's emerald eyes fixed themselves on Vikas's face.

"Which is precisely why we should find strength within those here, and not worry with what Logan is doing."
Cremuex Levier
Resident

Items
Legends
Fables
11 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madam Bennet watched the new comers carefully as they talked among themselves.

"Are you missing something? Or someone?" She didn't much enjoy being left out of discussions when she was present, much less when people were standing right in front of her.

On second thought it might not be in her best interest to know what they're up to, even more so since she wasn't sure if they were on the run or not. They said they weren't but she couldn't be too careful with strangers.

---

Sorry it took a few days to reply, I was letting everyone else catch up but I'm still interested.
Midnight
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
2295 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight looked back over at Madam Bennet, she had forgotten that she was standing there despite the discussion.

“Apologies, we didn’t mean to be rude. But... umm.” Midnight replied to Bennet, thinking back to what Andolyn had said.

oO I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to tell her something. Oo

“Well, you see. We may be missing someone. His name is Logan and he was here, but now... Well needless to say, we can’t very much leave this place without him, or rather, the item that he has with him.”

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Group Role Plays All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: