Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
IFiki Update Plans - IFian Characters/Personas

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> City Central -> City Auditorium
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Topics: 75
Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: IFiki Update Plans - IFian Characters/Personas Reply with quote

Right, attention folks!

We have a new venture here that's been discussed in the Council Chambers, and it's been decided that it's a good idea. No doubt most of you have seen our Wikipedia pages, aptly named the IFiki. Well, we're planning an update based around the personas/characters the we adopt on the site. Some of you won't know what the hell I'm talking about, but many of you will know exactly what I mean! Wink

We'll have a quick overlook, for those of you who're in the dark.

Many of the current and past residents of IF have created a character for themselves, a persona by which they're known to the other residents. Some are far more embellished than others (as pretty much anyone who's been at the Inn for a sufficient amount of time will know). The people and personalities here on IF are diverse to say the least, and some of those stand out A LOT more than others. As an example of one such personality, I will be showing you my own, just to give you an idea of what is expected from anyone wanting to take part in this.

Okay, the purpose of this update is actually for creative purposes for IF, namely the IF Tales SGs. These stories are based around the fictional City of IF, which is actually depicted as being a real city, with the different forums being places in the city. Such things will be detailed in the IFiki too. The members of IF live in the City, and their personas as you create them will be used as a reference for authors to write IF Tales. It's quite a daunting task to take on if one doesn't know how other members perceive themselves on the site, so this is to make that task a little easier. IF Tales are great fun to write, and it's a shame to hold back for such a reason when it can be easily remedied. Smile

Okay, quoted below is a template for a character sheet. This is to be used when you write down the details of your character. Now remember, this isn't YOU that you're writing about here, it's your IF persona. It's how you depict yourself here on IF. Of course, things can match your RL personality/Physical appearance, and that's perfectly fine. But if your IF character is, say, 2000 years old, and you yourself are only 18 years old, it's the former that we want on the character sheet. Razz

CHARACTER TEMPLATE

Quote:
Name:

What are you?

Description of Physical Appearance:

Description of Personality:

Powers and/or abilities (if any):

Notable Like and Dislikes (a maximum of three of each please):

Anything Else:

Below is my own character sheet, to give you an actual example of what I'm expecting from you. If you have any questions though, please feel free to PM me and I'll get back to you ASAP.

When your own character sheet is completed, please PM the finished result to me, so that I can check it over, make sure it's okay, and so that I can store it on my computer ready for the update. Smile

The same efforts taken with SG chapters is expected, if you please. In the outcome that there are a lot of people wanting to be a part of this, I don't want to be going over them re-writing and spell checking them. So please make the effort. Wink

Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHARACTER SHEET EXAMPLE

Name: Tikanni Corazon

What are you?: Shape-shifting Shamaness, and Guardian of the Fantasy Forest

Description of Physical Appearance: Curvaceous, womanly figure, standing around 5'7”, with pale skin and long, dark-brown hair, reaching down nearly to her knees. Rather attractive, with very dark, green-blue eyes, and full, rosy-hued lips. Generally wears long, sweeping gowns when out in society and when relaxing at home, though if a situation may call for action of some kind, she'll choose the more sensible option of tight fitting breeches and a tunic, along with any weaponry she might require.

Description of Personality: Generally friendly, Tikanni is prone to bouts of silliness, especially when around others who are much the same, and also has a slight penchant for flirting. But she also knows when seriousness is required and makes a formidable figure when it comes to carrying out her duties as Vice Mayor. She can easily take a joke (as long as it's not taken too far), but her fiery temper is revealed when someone is rude or unfriendly to her or another person that she deems undeserving, and she HATES being interrupted when in mid-speech. She's been known to clear a full twenty foot radius of forestland when her temper has been provoked (though it's unknown exactly how she did this). She is passionate and protective of the City and it's residents, and works hard in her post as the leading power in her domain, and as one of the elite of the City of IF.

Powers and/or abilities (if any): Can shape-shift into any living thing, no matter the size (and she does not end up naked when she changes back...unless she really wants to be XD), Weilds diverse and powerful shamaness magic, Is a Weapon Master, especially fond of swords.

Notable Like and Dislikes (a maximum of three of each please): Likes – Hot chocolate, fencing practice, and hanging with her Ifian friends. Dislikes – Rudeness and lack of manners, Surprises and not being in the know, and has a strange aversion to Aubergines.

Anything Else: Lives in her white, stone tower at the heart of the Fantasy Forest. The tower stands 100ft high, and is aptly named Skyborn. She resides here, overlooking her domain, with several pets, including a female Gryphon named Gwyar, a female Dragonbird named Aleona (partner to a male Dragonbird named Sebastian owned by Smee), and a huge white wolf named Spirit.

Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just going to bump this thread. I've received some awesome character sheets so far, and I know there are many more out there. Hand 'em over! Razz

Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another bump!

I currently, besides my own, have the completed IF personas of the following IFians:

Sagittaeri
Misterbiz
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
KKDestiny

Plenty more to come, so lets be having 'em! Wink Please remember to PM them to myself though, so that I can make sure they're okay.

Seraphi
General Fiction Mod

Topics: 2

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*shocked, incoherent stuttering that this was missed, resulting in an apology and a subsequent bump*

I'm sorry, Tikanni, I was so absorbed in reading the SGs that I forgot all about this! Embarrassed

But, I have stumbled upon it again (hooray for shirking work and browsing through If!). A month late is better than never, right? I will work diligently on my persona and get it to you asap.
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, Seraphi! There are many IFians who've yet to get their IF personas sent in to me, so you're not delaying the process in any way. Wink I figured it would be a long process when I took it on, so there's no problem whatsoever. Smile

And thanks for the thread bump! Wink

kkdestiny
Mayor

Topics: 56

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've PM'd Tika.

"The Freedom of Magic" Just got its THIRD chapter up!

Hope you all find the time to read them Very Happy *goes off to look for an SG to read*

Note to self: The Elven Moon; Coin; SVI; Black Animals; Two Wolves; Angel Cat
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> City Auditorium All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: