Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
A Life Everlasting RP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Role Player's Den -> Group Role Plays
View previous topic :: View next topic  

misterbiz
Horror Mod

Topics: 50

Items
Legends
Fables
2895 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"A cleaning salve would be much appreciated, he said as he looked up to her. He saw her eyes and followed her gaze down to Sarpe. He looked back up to the woman and raised the and not near the snake.

"Sarpe, won't hurt you. Not unless you present a threat or I order her to. Neither is going to happen." He looks at the snake and smiles as he scratches her head. He lowers his arm to the ground and points off to where there is clearly less people.

"In fact, go hunt, Pretty One. Get another rat...but be careful, watch for feet. If your area gets crowded, hide. Clear?"

The snake appeared to nod and slithered off and away to hunt for more food. Lucan rose and looked at the woman. "There, no more scary serpent..." he said.

PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Topics: 122

Items
Legends
Fables
7870 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Post 7 Reply with quote

I feel myself relaxing a bit as the Grix backs off. 'Glad that's over' My eyes scan the crowd real quick to determine if there is any more trouble I need to look out for. My eyes lock on Rau Kuiku, the look on his face making my stomach turn. 'Our apologize mister high and mighty for not being as important as you' I look away quickly. My eyes land on the serpent from earlier with the snake on his arm. The blood along the side of his face makes me wince. 'Hope I didn't do that'

My gaze drifts sideways and I notice a guard approaching, hit eyes locked on the young man at my side. Just as I am about to warn his the boy takes off towards North Gate. It takes a few moments for it to click that north is the same direction the Grix had headed. Mentally smacking myself for not getting a hold of the boy when I had the chance, or perhaps even made sure he heard me, I take off after him. Afraid to raise my voice and draw attention to us I instead slink after him as fast as I can, reaching out to grab his arm when I get close enough.

To Be A Knight
And my first Finished work Death Day
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Topics: 75
Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Items
Legends
Fables
918 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The path through to the centre of the market is open, and Sumei is able to pass through unhindered, though a few of the other visitors and vendors frown at her curiously as she moves past them. The Market centre isn't far away, and is soon within view. There are a few guards still milling around or leaning against the outer walls of the Council Chambers. None of them have been alerted to Sumei yet, but the guards chasing her are closing in, causing the threat to rise.

The path to the Boar market is bustling to the point that it's hard to see a way through. That could work in ones favour, but it could also be the opposite too, should one get trapped in the crowd. The crowd is thinner to the Southern market and the Serpent market, with plenty of gaps showing through the crowd. It'll be easier to make a speedy escape, but also aids the guards in following.

A man stands close to the great midnight-blue marble leopard that marks the start of the Southern market, once the market to the lost Leopard Clan. He's of medium height and his face is almost hidden by the deep hood of a long cloak, the folds of which are draped around him, concealing his person. All that can be seen is a sliver of pale skin and black beard along his right jaw, with strands of matted black locks hanging down to his chest. The folds of the cloak move aside as a hand is extended towards Sumei, beckoning her towards him.

~~~

The crowd from before has dwindled considerably, leaving the path to the Northern Gate reasonably clear of hindrances for the boy, but also of concealing areas. The Grix can be seen in the distance, their towering height causing them to protrude high above the heads of everyone else at the market. They are very close to the gates and will soon be gone.

Fingers close about the boy's arm, halting him long enough for the Grix to pass through the gates and disappear. Upon turning the guard chasing him is suddenly brought into existence. The armoured man is still some distance away, but clearly heading for the boy and the taller man that grabbed him.

There is a gap in the crowd to the right, leading past the vendor that helped the boy before, and another to the left, though the crowd there is slightly thicker. The path to the Northern Gate is also still open. The Guard continues to close in, his face stern and determined.

~~~

The woman watches the snake slither away, stepping back slightly, looking nervous. At the Serpent man's words, she glances up at him, and smiles slightly sheepishly.

“I apologise,” she says quietly. “My father was killed by a snake when I was a child. I saw it happen and since then I've had a slight...phobia of them. Anyway, come with me, and I'll fix that wound of yours.”

She slips a hand around his arm and leads him a short distance away to where she has a stall, with an all manner of concoctions in glass jars and bottles, with the combination of scents creating a spicey, herbaceous fragrance, which isn't unpleasant. She makes him sit down on a sturdy wooden stool, then takes a cloth moistened with water to the back of his skull, gently cleaning away any dirt and grit along with the blood. She then takes up a jar filled with a dark green poultice, scooping a small amount and smoothing it over the cut.

“Luckily it doesn't need sewing up,” she says, as she finishes and wipes her fingers on a cloth. She points to the jar containing the healing poultice. “This isn't one of my own, I'm loathe to admit. If I were you, I'd head down to the Southern Market and speak to a man called Trillo. It was he that I purchased this from. Just be sure he doesn't try to con you out of more than it's worth, okay?” She winks at him.

A slight commotion breaks out to the right, though not a loud one and most passers by take little notice. The boy from earlier shoots past, heading for the Northern Gates and the recently vacated Grix, the taller Serpent with long blonde hair following at a pace.

~~~

The boy is caught before he reaches the Northern Gate and the retreating Grix, and the latter can be seen disappearing out of the gate and away. The guard still follows, clearly determined that he's going to catch the boy and possibly the man with him now too, considering that they appear to know each other.

There are escape routes to the left, right and front. Given his taller height, the Serpent can see that the route to the right provides a clear path for some distance, leading around past a bunch of stalls and around towards the Market centre. The path to the left is far more enclosed, but it should allow them through, though at a less speedy pace.

~~~

The Northern Gate

Entering from the North, one is immediately confronted with a pair of adult Grix, with the female carrying a single young. Both adults look irritable and are likely best avoided at all costs. Once they pass and one enters the market, it's found to be fairly busy, though not to a huge degree. There is a slight air of tension about the area, but it's quickly dwindling.

The stall vendors here are clearly of the Wolf Clan, their golden-hued skin and purple streaked hair marking them. The shoppers consist of a mixture of the Clans, though most are of the Wolf and Boar clans. Closest to the gate are many stalls selling food stuff. Fruit and vegetables, meat and fish, both cooked and raw are available and filling the area with their scent. Above the smell of cooking food, there is an undertone of herbs and spices, speaking tales of incense and herbal remedies further into the market.

Eastern Gate

Here the crowds are thickest. Upon entering, one is met with a mass of Boars, all bulshy and imposing. Men beset with hugely muscled arms and torsos mill around, while tough looking females stubbornly prevent their generally smaller size from getting them what they want.

A great weapons stall to the left is teaming with customers, the huge male acting as vendor showing off his wares as asked. Anything and everything one can imagine in the way of weapons can be seen here. There is a pungently scented fish stall to the right, the thoroughly depleted carcass of a huge swordfish taking centre stage on the counter.

All around there is the smell of cooking meat mingled with that of bread and livestock. The clash of metal and the roar of the vendors advertising their wares is almost deafening.

Western Gate

As the morning has progressed, the Serpent market has become a little busier, though it still remains fairly quiet. The vendors wait behind their stalls for customers to come up and question them about their wares, remaining ever watchful in the meantime.

The whole area is filled with the smell of potions, salves, poultices and concoctions, giving the air a distinctly herbaceous, medicinal scent. There are other stalls selling handmade wares, such as glassware and pottery, along with some very well crafted jewellery made from silver, gold and gems.

Southern Gate

The Southern market remains the least populated area, both in the way of stalls and shoppers, though like the Serpent market, both have increased over the duration of the morning. Several more stall have popped up, the vendors consisting mostly of unsavoury characters, who don't seem to belong anywhere. The group of witches still stand vigil behind their stall, looking daunting to all but the bravest customers. The stall marked 'Trillo's' still stands empty of it's vendor...or at least it appears so from the outside...

Along with a meat stall and another selling strange, exotic looking fruits, there is another selling filled pocket bread. There are an array of fillings, including cooked meats, fish, and a selection of cheeses and dressings, along with leafy salads. The smell wafting into the air around it is quite alluring.

~~~

PLEASE CHECK THE DISCUSSION THREAD FOR YOUR DICE ROLL RESULTS BEFORE POSTING!

Seraphi
General Fiction Mod

Topics: 2

Items
Legends
Fables
1827 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sumei skirts easily through the crowd, weaving by the market-goers and merchants that peer at her curiously as she passes. When she reaches the Council Chambers in the center of the market, she shoots to the west, slowing slightly by the Boar Clan statue to investigate the Boar market. As she expects, it is busy. Tall muscular bodies jostle for position – there is no way she can fit through the mass of people quickly enough, even as short as she is.

She chances a glance behind her. The guards, armor clanging and glinting in the sun, are still trailing her doggedly and are rapidly closing the gap between them and her. With a burst of speed she continues onwards, turning towards the south.

As she runs, she notices a cloaked man standing by the marbled blue statue that represents the long gone Leopard Clan. He holds out a hand, gesturing her to come towards him. Sumei raises her eyebrow skeptically, but, upon not sensing anything particularly sinister about the man despite his covered visage, makes a hasty bee-line for him.
sagittaeri
Scifi/Experimental Mod

Topics: 16

Items
Legends
Fables
1341 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The giants are nearly at the gate! Without warning, a hand gripped Max's arm from behind. The boy spun around and reached for his dagger with his other hand, ready to attack. When he saw what was attached to the hand, he realised in irritation it was the same Serpent who interfered with him earlier!

He looked up at the taller man fully intending to snap at him, but then he remembered what the Serpent had said to him at the very beginning. Something about a message from the girl, about his 'pet'. He must have meant the boar piglet! He was about to ask about it, when he suddenly noticed an armoured guard at some distance behind the taller man approaching them. From the expression of the guard, Max knew he was after them.

Dammit! He had no time for this --- the giants had already arrived at the North Gate! And yet, he couldn't lead the guard to the girl, since that could complicate things, again. There was no choice...he had to shake the guard first!

With the Serpent's hand still on his arm, he pulled the taller man with him towards the opening on his right, where they can move through the market quickly. "What was her message? You can tell me as we move!"

misterbiz
Horror Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
2895 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucan's eyes catch the boy and serpent and he has the overwhelming urge to give chase but he stops himself. Not yet. No. He would find and approach him when the time was right. He looked to the woman who was helping him and smiled as she winked at him.

"Its not exactly easy to con a Serpent," he said. "Perhaps you would care to accompany me? My pet is busy hunting and my senses are still slightly scattered, I could do with the company. If not, I completely understand."

He reached down and pulled out his emerald. "Either way, I must insist that you accept this as payment for your assistance and for any trauma seeing my pet has caused you."

After setting down the stone he pulled a vial from his pocket and poured its contents on the bottom of his feet. It was a simple concoction he had created to assist Sarpe in tracking him in large crowds whenever they got separated. She might need it, since he had every intention on heading to the South Gate.

PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
7870 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Post 8 Reply with quote

I let the youth pull me along for a bit while I gather my thoughts. Craning my neck over the crowd the flash of that gold armor not too far off makes my stomach tighten. 'Well I'll give this to the kid, he can haul arse when he needs to' My steps stay even with his despite our height difference. I can't help but grin as the word 'Scurry' pops into my head. Leaning down so I don't have to yell over the slowly rising din of the crowd as it returns to it's normal level of noise for this time of day I choose my words carefully.

“That was very brave what you did, and I commend you for your courage, however I must say that it was beyond reckless.” My tongue darts out to moisten my dry and now slightly dusty lips before continuing. “Perhaps with some practice in patience you'll be a better “Hero” some day.” I can't help but chuckle. “But for now, let's take lesson one in escaping: Going in the right direction.” Reaching out I turn the boys shoulders a bit so we can head towards the market center and beyond to the rendezvous point at the south gate. “The girl told me to bring you to the South Gate instead of the North one.” I grin slightly. “She also told me to bring you in one piece, but if that blow from the Grix is any indication, keeping you in one piece shouldn't be too hard.”

To Be A Knight
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Items
Legends
Fables
918 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's reached midday in Greenvale, and the market areas start to calm a little, though the vendors remain vigilant at their posts, ready for the odd shopper to show interest. A loud clashing noise from a huge metal bell situated above the Council Building signals the start of the lunch period.

The Market Centre, contrasting to earlier in the morning, has died down to a low buzz. And array of tables and chairs have been brought out of seemingly nowhere and scattered around the area. Hungry and slightly footsore shoppers are beginning to fill the empty seats, settling down to eat their freshly bought wares and to gossip with friends and acquaintances alike. Vendors selling ready to eat foods and drinks mill around, offering their wares to those who want them.

The odd guard still remains from before, most of them lazily slouching against the walls of the Council Building, talking amongst themselves...

~~~

The man continues to beckon Sumei is she draws the gap between them. Just the lower half of his face remains visible, showing a small smile upon his thin lips, though it's not easy to establish the nature of the smile, due to his eyes being covered in the shadow of his hood.

“You appear to be in some trouble, my pretty,” he says is a thin, raspy voice, like the scrape of stone on stone. “Allow me to help you...”

Without warning or opportunity to resist, he throws out an arm, palm facing towards Sumei's forehead. Around the pair, people continue to shop and stand around in groups gossiping and laughing...as though they're unable to see what's happening. The guards appear to look around for a few moments, as if puzzling where their quarry has vanished to, then head off into the depths of the Boar Market, clearly assuming that's where the Boar girl must have gone to.

“There child,” the man continues, his smile more pronounced and his grating voice taking on an air of smugness. “The nasty guard can't see you now...no one can...except Trillo.” He laughs softly, an unnerving sound. “Now, how about you come with me, so you can repay me for my efforts...”

It isn't posed as a question, and with a swift movement, the palm is lowered, and the arm slips around Sumei's waist, leading her calmly and quietly into the Southern area of the market.

~~~

Passing by the Wolf vendor from before, the man is far too busy selling his wares to notice the boy and his taller Serpent companion pass by. Even as the pair move along, the crowd is starting to head towards the centre of town, a loud clanging noise stating the reason – lunchtime.

The guard is still in sight, his gold armour glinting in the midday sun. He's still a way behind his quarry, but remains seemingly determined to catch up with them.

Upon reaching the Market Centre, the activity has changed to a hum of a hundred voices all talking together. People are seated for lunch, and no longer provide a proper cover for anyone passing through. A clear, unblocked path shows through to each market area. It would be easy to traverse and quick to get to one's destination. However, the Boar Market is directly to the right, and some people remain shopping there while it's a little quieter. They would provide a little more cover and a chance to lose the guard possibly. But it would take longer...

~~~

The woman clearly ponders over the question as to whether she'll go with the Serpent to the Southern Market. Her eyes widen at the sight of the emerald he hands out to her, and places it on the counter. She looks down at it for a moment, then glances at him, her expression a little disbelieving, as if expecting him to take it back. Then she reaches out tentatively and picks up the stone, holding it in her palm and looking down at it's beautiful, faceted surfaces with awe and delight. The action of the Serpent pouring some kind of concoction on the bottom of his feet grabs her attention for a moment, a curious frown playing about her forehead.

“Thank you...” she says finally, glancing back at him again, looking slightly bashful. “As for whether I will go with you...I suppose I should at least make sure you find Trillo's okay...just in case a late bout of disorientation sets in after you leave.”

She starts to walk off, leading the way to the Market Centre.

“My name is Fallow, by the way,” she says, glancing at a stall selling beautifully carved metal and wood wind-chimes at the very edges of the Wolf Market, before stepping out into the Market Centre.

~~~

Passing by the Wolf vendor seen talking the the guard earlier, the man is far too busy selling his wares to notice the tall Serpent and the boy passing by. Even as the pair move along, the crowd is starting to head towards the centre of town, a loud clanging noise stating the reason – lunchtime.

The guard is still in sight, his gold armour glinting in the midday sun. He's still a way behind his quarry, but remains seemingly determined to catch up with them.

Upon reaching the Market Centre, the activity has changed to a hum of a hundred voices all talking together. People are seated for lunch, and no longer provide a proper cover for anyone passing through. A clear, unblocked path shows through to each market area. It would be easy to traverse and quick to get to one's destination. However, the Boar Market is directly to the right, and some people remain shopping there while it's a little quieter. They would provide a little more cover and a chance to lose the guard possibly. But it would take longer...

~~~

The Northern Gate 

Approaching the Northern gate, one is immediately confronted with a pair of adult Grix, with the female carrying a single young. Both adults look irritable and are likely best avoided at all costs. Once they pass and one enters the market, it's found to be fairly busy, though not to a huge degree, and it's becoming less all the time. There is a slight air of tension about the area, but it's quickly dwindling. 

The stall vendors here are clearly of the Wolf Clan, their golden-hued skin and purple streaked hair marking them. The shoppers consist of a mixture of the Clans, though most are of the Wolf and Boar clans. Closest to the gate are many stalls selling food stuff. Fruit and vegetables, meat and fish, both cooked and raw are available and filling the area with their scent. Above the smell of cooking food, there is an undertone of herbs and spices, speaking tales of incense and herbal remedies further into the market.

A loud clanging marks the lunch period, making it instantly apparent why the crowds are depleting so.

Eastern Gate 

Here the crowds are thickest. Upon entering, one is met with a mass of Boars, all bulshy and imposing. Men beset with hugely muscled arms and torsos mill around, while tough looking females stubbornly prevent their generally smaller size from getting them what they want. 

A great weapons stall to the left is teaming with customers, the huge male acting as vendor showing off his wares as asked. Anything and everything one can imagine in the way of weapons can be seen here. There is a pungently scented fish stall to the right, the thoroughly depleted carcass of a huge swordfish taking centre stage on the counter. 

All around there is the smell of cooking meat mingled with that of bread and livestock. The clash of metal and the roar of the vendors advertising their wares is almost deafening. 

The crowds begin to move off towards the centre, though a fair few remain, taking advantage of the market being less busy to get their shopping done. A loud gong is sounded from atop the Council Building, marking the lunch period.

Western Gate 

As the morning has progressed, the Serpent market has become a little busier, though it still remains fairly quiet. The vendors wait behind their stalls for customers to come up and question them about their wares, remaining ever watchful in the meantime. 

The whole area is filled with the smell of potions, salves, poultices and concoctions, giving the air a distinctly herbaceous, medicinal scent. There are other stalls selling handmade wares, such as glassware and pottery, along with some very well crafted jewellery made from silver, gold and gems. 

At the clang of a loud gong being sounded, most of the sparse crowd begins to move off towards the Market Centre to get something to eat and drink now that the lunch period has been officially sounded.

Southern Gate 

The Southern market remains the least populated area, both in the way of stalls and shoppers, though like the Serpent market, both have increased over the duration of the morning. Several more stall have popped up, the vendors consisting mostly of unsavoury characters, who don't seem to belong anywhere. The group of witches still stand vigil behind their stall, looking daunting to all but the bravest customers. The stall marked 'Trillo's' still stands empty of it's vendor...or at least it appears so from the outside... 

Along with a meat stall and another selling strange, exotic looking fruits, there is another selling filled pocket bread. There are an array of fillings, including cooked meats, fish, and a selection of cheeses and dressings, along with leafy salads. The smell wafting into the air around it is quite alluring. 

At the sound of the lunchtime gong, a few of the shoppers leave, though many remain. They're seedy, unsavoury looking characters who clearly don't enjoy being in the company of large amounts of people, especially those from the Clans, who might look upon them with scorn. The witches remain unmoved, still in their unsettling huddle within their stall.

~~~

Yuri paces the clearing a little inside the thick woodland that marks the boundaries of what was once the Leopard Clan-lands, the boy's pack still on her back. Every now and then, she peeks through the gaps between the trees and bushes, looking towards the Southern Gate to see if she can spot the boy coming, before starting to pace again when she sees that they're not. Shasta lies at the opposite side of the clearing, furthest from the market, watching the girl. Every now and then she shoots a glance at him and he has the good grace to at least look slightly ashamed.

“You know what could have happened, don't you?” Yuri says to him, not halting in her constant movement back and forth across the clearing. “They could have caught you, Shasta...or killed you. And I'd have been powerless to stop them.”

The winged cat growls in a low, slightly objectory tone, and Yuri frowns.

“You can think what you like. Those soldiers could have hurt you, my friend. And they wouldn't have given a care to killing me while I tried to protect you...which I would have done, for the record...”

She looks a little emotional at this point, as if hurt by the mere thought of something happening to her friend...her only friend. Shasta watches her for a moment, before looking down at the ground thoughtfully. He gets to his feet, padding softly across the clearing towards her. Upon reaching her, he bumps his head gently against her cheek. Yuri stops pacing and lifts her arms to entwine them around the giant cat's neck.

“It's only because I love you, you know...” she says by way of explanation for her scolding. “I can't lose you, Shasta...”

Remaining so for a few moments, Yuri eventually pulls back, wiping a stray tear from her cheek. She smiles at the big cat, who purrs in response. She gestures towards Greenvale.

“I'm just going to check inside the gate to see if he's coming,” she says. “You stay here, okay? I won't be long.”

Pack still intact, Yuri slips through the tree trunks and pout onto the road beyond that marks the start of the neutral zone. After a quick look around to see if anyone's nearby, she moves over to the gate and peeks through, looking around for the boy.

~~~

I'm sure you've noticed that Sagi's and Pope's sections are virtually identical. It seemed to make sense that they be so, but also manages to keep confusion about the order of play at bay. The order will remain as it has been.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO CHECK YOUR DICE ROLLS IN THE DISCUSSION THREAD BEFORE POSTING!

Seraphi
General Fiction Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
1827 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sumei comes to a halt next to the man, staring at him skeptically, yet expectantly, when he offers his help.

“What help can-?“ she begins, but is cut off as the man thrusts his hand, palm out, towards her forehead. Sumei starts at the sudden movement, expecting to be smacked between the eyes, but instead feels a pinprick of heat, the strange warmth spreading over her head and trickling down the rest of her body. As quick as it came, the feeling is gone, and Sumei wonders if the sensation was just a figment of her imagination.

She is about to question the man’s rather ludicrous action, when out of the corner of her eye she notices the guards pause at the Boar statue. They peer around the crowd for a few moments, clearly puzzled, before making their way into the depths of her clan’s market area.

Sumei is mystified by this. If she can see them, then they can most likely see her in return. Why did they turn away? Did the cloaked man somehow cast a spell on the guards? Did he make them see her form running through the Boar Market when she was not really there? She had heard of individuals who could do such things, but had never met one.

She registers that the man is speaking to her again – that he says something about being the only one able to see her – and, ignoring the slight feeling of foreboding she gets when he laughs, goes to thank him for his help, but cannot. She tries again and finds that she cannot open her mouth at all. She goes to reach for her mouth, to see what could be keeping her from speaking, but she cannot move her arm, her hand, or her fingers. She tries to look down, but cannot move her head either.

It takes mere moments for full realization to hit her. She could not speak, she could not move, no one could see her – the man did not cast a spell on the guards, he had cast one on her.

As the man, Trillo, continues, Sumei cannot help but get angrier. She wants to hurt him for tricking her into such a situation. She dislikes the way he speaks of repayment for helping her. She dislikes it even more when he puts his arm around her waist and begins to lead her away. She knows she has no control over her movements, but she concentrates on trying to lift her hand to swat at his arm anyway. After a few seconds of failed attempts, which only serve to frustrate her, she settles on imagining the most creative way to kill him later, her murderous thoughts making the unwilling walk through the Southern Market slightly more tolerable.

With a sparse crowd milling around the market it does not take the pair long to reach the gate, and soon they cross the threshold into the land beyond Greenvale. There are a few stalls spread out here in the open space, but the one Trillo steers her towards is a lavishly painted caravan with his name in bold lettering upon the side, a black horse standing at its front. There are many wares displayed on the flip-down counter, but they seem untouched, and the air around the caravan is still and ominous.

If Sumei could frown, she would. She did not like this one bit.
sagittaeri
Scifi/Experimental Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
1341 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max's jaw tightened as the tall Serpent spoke while they were weaving in and out between people. He was used to condescension of all sorts, especially when it came to his 'staggering height', or 'herculean strength'. But to be told he was 'impatient', that one he wasn't used to. In his mind, he had done the right thing. He had provided a diversion --- even though in the end it wasn't needed ---- while everyone else was too busy gaping at the spectacle, waiting for another to take action. After all, no one else seemed particularly interested in stopping a battle between the winged cat and...whatever.

When the taller man grabbed his shoulder and turned him towards a different direction, he suppressed a witty remark normally reserved for the stupid boys in his village. Unlike them, the tall Serpent seemed to have meant well, if his warm attitude was any indication. Even if the man shared their superiority-complex.

As they hurried past a familiar stall, the young boy glanced at the Wolf vendor from the corner of his eye. Earlier, Max had wanted to ask the kindly man if he knew anyone who could fix up the boar piglet's leg. If only he wasn't being pursued by some over-motivated city guard, then he could have tried again. Sighing a little, the boy hoped the piglet didn't mind putting up with his very crude bandage a bit longer.

What's this loud clanging sound about? Max was starting to notice a pattern in the movement of the crowd. Everyone seemed to be migrating towards the market centre, all at once. Suddenly, the young boy found himself standing above the crowd, since many were seated around him. They're all eating at the same time? That's what the clanging's about? Lunch? With everyone being seated, the boy realised they had no way of losing the guard in golden armour if they continued on towards the Southern Gate.

Blaming his tall Serpent companion for his predicament, he pulled the man towards the East Market. "Don't look, but he's still following us," he hissed under his breath. If there was anything good about being short, it was that he never had to worry about being followed for long.

misterbiz
Horror Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
2895 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Lucan," he said as she introduced herself. "and my serpentine companion is Sarpe. Pleasure to meet you." His eyes glanced over to the chimes They were beautiful even by his standards, which at time could be questionable.

In the southern market, his eyes drifted back to Fallow. "So, how long have you had a shop set up in the city?" he asked, genuinely curious about the woman who assisted him.

PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
7870 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: Post 9 Reply with quote

The boy keeps up with me as we flee through the market. As we approach the market center out of the corner of my eye I spot the Serpent who got clocked with the rock heading the same way we are. 'Oh dear. I hope he doesn't spot us. We can't afford the distraction right now I duck lower just as we reach the center market. The sounding of a gong makes my stomach drop. 'Crap, lunch time. There goes most of our cover' My head whips around as my fears are confirmed. Glancing back I can barely see the guard making his way towards us, but he most defiantly is still in pursuit.

My head snaps around as my companion speaks. “I can see that.” I murmur, lowering myself again as we take of into the boar market. The smell of fish and body odor assaults my nose as we run. I'm so use to being above much of the smells permeating the area that lower elevation makes my stomach a bit uneasy. Pushing the feeling back I look about for somewhere to hide. All the stalls in the area are rather large, so I suppose hiding behind one could work. . . .But then an idea strikes me. “Hey, I have a thought.” I whisper loud enough for the young man to hear.

Making sure to keep pace with him I lay out my idea. “She just wants us to meet at the southern gate. With lunch going on, getting out of the eastern gate should be rather easy.” We pass by a fish cart which makes me pause for a moment as the smell makes my eyes water. Taking a deep breath I go on. “If we can get out the gate and turn strait for the South Gate we should be able to make it around the curve before the guard reaches the gate. And even if we aren't out of sight by then, all we have to do is head a little ways into the woods south of the market. No guard in his right mind would follow us there. They're a superstitious bunch from what I've seen.” My mind wanders back to a time I'd left Symar behind to do a bit of lone wandering for a day. We had been close to the market, and out of sheer curiosity I had made my way tot he forest's edge. There had been nothing really sinister about it or dangerous in my opinion.

'And that girl wants to meet there. . . .' The cogs slowly begin to turn in my mind. 'She's frightened and just had a bad encounter. Most people would retreat to somewhere they felt at ease and safe. With all the bad mojo rumored around the southern lands, that would be the last place most people would want to head' My brows furrow. 'But then again, she's not most people. That companion of her is not something I've ever read about, or even heard about A smile sneaks on to my face. 'She feels safe in the south. I guess that explains quite a lot. This gets more and more interesting by the minute Almost laughing I dart past another food stall still traveling with my unlikely companion. 'I am so glad we came to market today'

To Be A Knight
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
918 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuri steps cautiously out of the treeline, looking right and left to make sure that no one is coming before doing so. Once she's convinced the coast is clear, she steps quickly and lightly across to the Southern Gate of Greenvale and skirts just inside the entrance. Looking around, she sees that the crowds have thinned significantly, though she's not surprised, given the clang of the lunch gong sounded mere moments previously. A glance to her left tells her that the witches remain in place, unnervingly silent and still in their constant vigil. Despite herself, Yuri swallows lightly. Her father warned her of witches during life, telling her only a fool is unwary of them. She wholeheartedly agreed.

Suddenly, she skitters behind a nearby tree, as a familiar figure approaches. Peeking around the trunk, she frowns at the sight of Trillo, then her eyes lock on the girl beside him. His arm is threaded about her waist, guiding her along. Though the girl looks to be following his lead willingly, Yuri knows far too much of Trillo's unsavoury practices to trust her eyes, and decides to keep watch on the situation...just in case...

~~~

”I think we can let you back onto the world of the visible now...seeing as we're safely away from those guards. I don't think either of us want to be seen by them now, do we?”

Trillo smiles darkly, the action just visible below the shadow of his hood. He can feel the hate and frustration burning from the girl beside him, and he finds it highly amusing. As they near the caravan that he calls both home and place of business, he opens a hatch on the side, lowering down a set of steps leading inside.

“There we go, my pretty,” he says, his lips close to Sumei's ear as he spoke, brushing against her earlobe in a manner far too close for comfort.

He pushes her up the steps before him, and into the dark within the caravan's belly. There is a table in the far corner on the right, the plate and a silver knife and fork from Trillo's last meal left upon it unwashed. A broom sits in the left corner, next to the bed. Once inside, he pulls the steps up behind him, enclosing them in the darkness. There is a hissing sound, as he lights a small oil lamp hanging from the ceiling, bathing the room in a faint glow. He manoeuvres Sumei over to the unmade bed along the one wall and seats her upon it. Then stands looking down at her thoughtfully.

“Now, what's Trillo to do with you, my pretty?” he says, more to himself than to Sumei herself. “Generally I would merely drain you and be done with it...the witches across the way are always interested in the blood of mortal maidens and pay handsomely.”

He smiles again, the action disturbing given the subject matter.

“But then, the prizes aren't usually as...comely as you, shall we say? And a Boar besides...all that fire and brimstone burning within you...” The dark eyes within the hood look Sumei up and down. “I'm very much tempted to take to the pleasures of the flesh before seeking financial gain...What say you to that, pretty one? Not that you opinion will matter, neither shall I hear it...but I can feel it.”

~~~

As the Serpent and the boy make their way through the Boar Market, vendors and shoppers alike watch their passage as they squeeze their way through the throng, many of them frowning at the pursuing guard. Most of the Clans-men don't trust the council or any connected to it, and would far prefer to cast their lot with any other, even if the Clan isn't their own.

One particularly large Boar watches the two pass by, then 'accidentally' gets in the way of the guard, blocking the path fully with his muscular bulk.

“Oh I am sorry, sir...did you want to pass by?” he asks, his tone seemingly genuine in it's apologetic tone, and yet he doesn't move. Many of the surrounding crowd snigger or outright laugh at his antics.

“Gah! Get out of the way you fool!” The guard bristles with anger and tries to shove the other man out of his path. Eventually the Boar moves, but he's given the runaways a significant amount of time to place distance between themselves and the guard.

While all of this is going on, there is time to note the potential paths. The path to the gate is wholly clear, and the passage beyond looks to be much the same, save for the odd straggler on the road. It is possible to get through the crowd and somehow circle back around to the market centre however, but it will take considerably more time...

~~~

“Well, it seems like forever,” Fallow replies, with a slight chuckle. “I took over the stall from my mother when she died. She caught the blue fever...ten years or more ago now.” She glanced at Lucan. “Since then it's been mine.”

They start to draw nearer to the very edges of the market, close to the walls, when Fallow stops in her tracks, frowning. She silently points to a colourful caravan a short distance away. From the bold lettering across the side reading 'Trillo's', there can be no doubt that Lucan and his companion have reached their destination. A man stands beside the caravan, pulling down a set of steps leading inside, a young Boar girl at his side. The girl makes no moves to resist, Fallow is clearly distressed.

“I'd bet my livelihood that girl isn't there by choice...” she says quietly, wringing her hands as she wonders what should be done. Trillo has now led the girl inside and the hatch closes behind him with a heavy snap. “Should we run to alert the guards?”

~~~

As the Serpent and the boy make their way through the Boar Market, vendors and shoppers alike watch their passage as they squeeze their way through the throng, many of them frowning at the pursuing guard. Most of the Clans-men don't trust the council or any connected to it, and would far prefer to cast their lot with any other, even if the Clan isn't their own.

One particularly large Boar watches the two pass by, then 'accidentally' gets in the way of the guard, blocking the path fully with his muscular bulk.

“Oh I am sorry, sir...did you want to pass by?” he asks, his tone seemingly genuine in it's apologetic tone, and yet he doesn't move. Many of the surrounding crowd snigger or outright laugh at his antics.

“Gah! Get out of the way you fool!” The guard bristles with anger and tries to shove the other man out of his path. Eventually the Boar moves, but he's given the runaways a significant amount of time to place distance between themselves and the guard.

While all of this is going on, there is time to note the potential paths. The path to the gate is wholly clear, and the passage beyond looks to be much the same, save for the odd straggler on the road. It is possible to get through the crowd and somehow circle back around to the market centre however, but it will take considerably more time...

~~~

The Northern Gate 

Approaching the Northern gate, one is immediately confronted with a pair of adult Grix, with the female carrying a single young. Both adults look irritable and are likely best avoided at all costs. Once they pass and one enters the market, it's found to be fairly busy, though not to a huge degree, and it's becoming less all the time. There is a slight air of tension about the area, but it's quickly dwindling. 

A loud clanging marks the lunch period, making it instantly apparent why the crowds are depleting so.

Eastern Gate 

The crowds begin to move off towards the centre, though a fair few remain, taking advantage of the market being less busy to get their shopping done. A loud gong is sounded from atop the Council Building, marking the lunch period.

A loud kerfuffle breaks out as a large Boar male gets in the way of a guard, who appears to be pursuing a young boy who's Clan is unidentifiable, and a tall Serpent. The other shoppers and vendor in the vicinity laugh as the guard gets more and more annoyed that his path has been blocked, while his quarry skitter further and further away.

Western Gate

At the clang of a loud gong being sounded, most of the sparse crowd begins to move off towards the Market Centre to get something to eat and drink now that the lunch period has been officially sounded.

Southern Gate 

A man comes wandering across the market, his arm around a young lady – a Boar. All appears well from the outside, the girl seemingly willing to go along with him. He approaches the stall labelled 'Trillo's' and enters a caravan situated behind it, pushing the girl before him and closing the hatch behind him, enclosing them inside...

~~~

Yuri watches as the girl and Trillo disappear inside the caravan, with mixed desires. On one hand, she and Shasta have already made enough of a scene earlier in the day and she really doesn't need any more trouble. On the other...she knows better than most what a conniving little bastard Trillo can be and dreads to think what he might have planned for the girl. Due to experience as well as sense, she also knows to be wary of the strange little man...

With a sigh, Yuri removes the pack from her back, opening it to check the contents. The little boar piglet looks up at her, it's gentle expression almost questioning.

“You be good for a moment, okay?” Yuri says to it gently. She closes the pack, securing the straps, then looks around and spots a tree branch, thick and sturdy, just a few feet above her. Nimbly she climbs the tree and hangs the pack there, before dropping back to the ground softly. She nods as she looks up, convinced that no one will catch sight of the pack in it's hiding place, before pulling her scarf more firmly around her visage and walking cautiously over to the caravan...

~~~

As with the last time, Sagi and Pope's posts are the same but still laid out to save confusion about the order of posting. Wink

PLEASE REMEMBER TO CHECK THE DISCUSSION THREAD FOR YOUR ROLLS BEFORE YOU POST!

Seraphi
General Fiction Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
1827 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather be surrounded by Rau Kuiku and every guard in Greenvale than spend time with the likes of you she thinks, wrinkling her nose. As they continue to walk something nags at the back of Sumei’s mind and she is led almost completely to the caravan before it dawns on her.

She had moved her nose!

She concentrates and wrinkles her nose again. The movement is slow – it takes a while before her thought translates into action – but it is movement nonetheless.

Inwardly smiling, she focuses on flexing her fingers. This action, much like with her nose, is slow, like she is fighting against a strong, unrelenting current. She glances towards Trillo to see if he notices her returning awareness. The smug smirk on his face tells her that he is too proud of his catch to notice that his spell might be wearing off so soon.

When they reach the caravan and Trillo opens the hatch leading inside all of the confidence she has gained because of her impending recovery is slowly replaced by panic.

Hell no! her mind protests, but her still sluggish body does not comply with her instincts to run. Cursing the fact that she cannot yet move with the quick, definite purpose she needs, she casts her gaze around, hoping that there is someone nearby who sees her predicament and will come to help.

She spies a shadow moving behind a nearby tree, and, upon closer inspection, is surprised to find that it is the girl from the market. She fleetingly wonders where the winged cat is, but mentally shakes her head – there is a more important matter at hand, namely getting away from Trillo. She is about to signal the girl with her hand when she is distracted by Trillo’s voice. His breath is hot in her ear and his lips brush against her skin, making her shudder. With a great amount of willpower she is able to push her revulsion to the back of her mind, but before she can return to getting the girl’s attention, Trillo guides her up the steps into the caravan and out of sight.

Trillo closes the hatch behind him, encasing them in darkness briefly before lighting a candle, the dim flame illuminating the small space. Sumei takes stock of her surroundings – an unkempt bed with a broom leaning next to it and a rickety table in the corner with a fork and knife resting atop an unwashed plate. She almost immediately rules out the silverware. Not only are they on the opposite side of the room, but they are probably dull, and if she wants to hit him with something sharp and deadly she will use her own axes – they allow her to leave more of a personal statement. However it does not seem wise to try and upholster and wield them in such a confined space with her body in its mostly-uncontrollable state. This leaves the broom.

As Trillo leads her to the bed and, much to her disgruntlement, makes her sit upon it she eyes the broom. It does not seem like anything is in the way to keep her from grabbing it, other than the ever watchful eyes of Trillo himself. A plan slowly forms in her mind, and as Trillo speaks of witches and blood and good money, she concentrates on gaining more control over her limbs. She is beginning to feel a slight tingling in her arms and legs. A good sign.

She twitches slightly when he calls her pretty. False flattery or no, she does not like that it came from his mouth. She also does not like what comes out of his mouth next. Not caring if it gives her away, she openly glares at Trillo as he begins to eye her figure up and down. He takes a few steps forward, closing the gap between them. Her control over her body is not completely back, but she is not going to wait anymore.

With all the force she can muster, she kicks out at him. Even if her foot does not make contact, Sumei hopes it will distract Trillo enough that he does not notice the broom she reaches for and swings towards his head.
sagittaeri
Scifi/Experimental Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
1341 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The boy smiled as the Serpent suggested they should leave via the Eastern Gate. "My thoughts exactly," he replied.

As he continued weaving between the crowd in the Boar Market, Max realised that people were beginning to take notice of the pursuit. At first, Max was worried --- the last thing they needed was more people involving themselves, complicating things. But when one of them---a Boar more than twice the size of the boy---stepped forward to disrupt the path of the guard, he was glad. He couldn't stop himself from grinning slightly when he heard the faux-apology expressed by the very large man, but yet still refusing to give way.

Max used this opportunity to move quicker towards the gate. "Hurry!" he urged the tall Serpent.

misterbiz
Horror Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
2895 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucan stared at the caravan before turning to Fallow. "You go...get the guards. Do your best to do it in haste. I am going to try and settle things myself here." Cracking his neck, he started forward, moving slowly and deliberately. His footfalls were light. Each one was planned. He was a predator.

While he moved, his eyes caught sight of a girl peering out around a tree at the same spot he was headed. He pulled a medium sized stone from his pocket and twisted it in the light, trying to send a glare to her and get her attention without making noise. What he had planned could turn violent and a little help would be welcome.

PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
7870 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Post 10 Reply with quote

Looking back I can't help but smile at the boar man as he makes good our escape. 'Who says the four clans can't get along?' In agreement about our course of action, as soon as we clear the gate I take a sharp turn to the right, hoping the boy is agile and can pull the same move. The area outside the market isn't exactly safe, but I let my pace slow ever so slightly to better pace myself. As I come around the curve near the south gate Symar comes into view. He is crouched behind a bush and gazing into the southern market area. A knot forms in the pit of my stomach and I slow, heading for Symar's hiding place. His head whips around, hand on his weapon. As soon as he sees it's me he relaxes slightly. My eyes scan the area, the feeling getting worse. Kneeling beside Symar I motion behind me for the boy to do the same. Not looking to see if he complies I whisper to Symar. “What is it. Something's wrong here.”

“I was walking the neutral zone, making sure you don't run off without me, when I spotted something odd. Remember that freak Trillo?” I nod. “Well, he had a female companion with him when he entered his trailer, and that just didn't feel right.” I swallow hard, nodding again. Looking past the bush into the market I spot the trailer marked with his name and gag slightly.

“When is anything having to do with that guy 'right'?” Symar shakes his head. Movement near the inner market makes us both still. I feel my stomach drop even further as I realize the person approaching the gate is none other then the serpent who got beaned with the rock earlier. 'Oh goodie' Looking closely I see his eyes are on the trailer as well, before suddenly shifting to a spot right near where we are hiding, but still inside the gate. I search, trying to find what he's looking at but am unable to find it at my angle. My mind drifts to the girl for a moment. 'We can only hope I suppose' Turning to face Symar I give him a silent signal. His brows furrow and he tries to argue silently. It takes a few moments but he at last complies.

Backing away from the bush he heads back the way we came stealthily and proceeds to go back to the east entrance to keep an eye out for the guard chasing the boy and me. Turning back to the situation at hand I try to come up with a plan, waiting for any input the young man may have. Sliding up against the way I get down on my belly and slither forward. Peeking to an area just inside the gate I feel myself smile as a now familiar figure comes into view hiding behind a tree. My grin widens as I realize she too has her gaze locked on the trailer. Scooting back I mutter quietly, “Quite the party in there. Even our kitty riding friend has join in on finding out what that vile creature is up to.”

To Be A Knight
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
918 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuri, making her way softly and stealthily over to the caravan abode of Trillo, suddenly catches a flash of light to her right. She freezes and looks towards the glare, catching sight of a tall Serpent man, clearly trying to get her attention. His stance seems to be indicating that he too was heading towards Trillo's place. Instantly, Yuri is on the alert...

'Is he working for Trillo...?' she ponders to herself. She remains where she is for a moment, looking the Serpent up and down, taking in the unhidden visage. 'He looks a little...open to be of the type to get in with Trillo...'

Hesitating slightly for a few seconds, Yuri curses to herself and scoots quickly towards him...

~~~

Trillo doubles over in pain and falls back as Sumei's kick hits him hard in the gut, his expression one of surprise. He clearly had imagined her to be entirely under his spell. The blow causes the caravan to rock slightly and the hood around his face to fall back, revealing a thin, sallow complexion. The eyes that look to her furiously are mismatched, one blood-red and the other a vibrant green. A long jagged scar runs from his temple all the way down past his jaw on the left side of his face, and the lank, black locks framing all are greasy and matted looking.

There is a loud crashing noise as the plate on the table in the corner falls to the floor due to the impact of Trillo falling back, along with a vase previously situated upon a shelf above it. A vast amount of green powder spills out from the broken china and onto the floor.

The girl's movements remain a little sluggish, and he catches a hold of the broom mid-swing, before it's able to hit him in the head. His attempt to snatch it away from her is unsuccessful and he growls in annoyance.

“Fiery...a true Boar,” he hisses, instead taking the broom-handle in both hands and forcing it against her. He's far stronger than one would imagine from his size and build, and the action pushes Sumei back against the mattress, forcing her into a lying down, though her legs still remain in a seated position at the edge.

Raising his right hand, Trillo brings his palm down hard against the left side of Sumei's face, the force making a loud slapping noise and causing her head to rattle inside. His expression is vicious as he places his palm against her forehead, attempting to render her physically powerless once again.

“I'm going to enjoy you, girl...” he growls through gritted teeth.

~~~

The path along the neutral zone is very quiet in terms of the amount of people on the road. No one is met on the way to the Southern Gate, all seemingly gone inside the market to eat and talk with their friends and relatives.

The market inside the Southern Gate is very quiet too. Very few shoppers are here, and those that are are close to the market centre. A trio of witches retain their vigilant stance beneath the protruding branches of a large oak tree on the outer side of the market walls. They and their stall stand to the left, so are easily visible to Max and Elman. A distinct aura of foreboding exudes from their position.

The girl from the market slips from behind her tree and starts towards Trillo's caravan. She suddenly pauses and looks towards the Serpent beckoning her. After a few moments pause, she makes her way over to him, pausing a short distance from him, though close enough to converse quietly.

Aside from the tree behind which the girl had been previously hiding, the path to the caravan is open. Few stalls reside this close to the Southern-lands, as if people are afraid of being tainted by it's fabled cursedness...

~~~

The girl approaches the tall Serpent, her movements quick but cautious. She halts a short distance away, her expression wary but determined.

“What do you want?” she asks, her voice low. It has a very smooth tone to it, even though it's muffled ever so slightly by the scarf across her mouth and nose. All that's showing is her ice-blue eyes, which are hard and unforgiving, and the surrounding white skin, her hair being covered too, as well as her whole body being completely clad. “I warn you...if you're working for Trillo, you've picked the wrong girl to mess with, my friend...”

She's small, petite and very feminine in physique, far smaller than the Serpent himself, and she also sounds fairly young. But her voice is confident in it's threat, and her stance clearly ready for action. The set of daggers and a duo of swords at her waist also show her to be ready to fight should it be required...and those are just the weapons she has visible...

“I just want to get that girl away from him,” she continues, gesturing lightly towards the caravan. “...so I hope you're not planning on standing in my way...”

~~~

The path along the neutral zone is very quiet in terms of the amount of people on the road. No one is met on the way to the Southern Gate, all seemingly gone inside the market to eat and talk with their friends and relatives.

The market inside the Southern Gate is very quiet too. Very few shoppers are here, and those that are are close to the market centre. A trio of witches retain their vigilant stance beneath the protruding branches of a large oak tree on the outer side of the market walls. They and their stall stand to the left, so are easily visible to Max and Elman. A distinct aura of foreboding exudes from their position.

The girl from the market slips from behind her tree and starts towards Trillo's caravan. She suddenly pauses and looks towards the Serpent beckoning her. After a few moments pause, she makes her way over to him, pausing a short distance from him, though close enough to converse quietly.

Aside from the tree behind which the girl had been previously hiding, the path to the caravan is open. Few stalls reside this close to the Southern-lands, as if people are afraid of being tainted by it's fabled cursedness...

~~~

The Northern Gate 

Approaching the Northern gate, one enters the market, and finds it to be fairly busy, though not to a huge degree, and it's becoming less all the time. There is a slight air of tension about the area, but it's quickly dwindling. Many of those that remain talk amongst themselves as they shop, and one gets the feeling that something has happened here not long before.

Eastern Gate 

A loud kerfuffle breaks out as a large Boar male gets in the way of a guard, who appears to be pursuing a young boy who's Clan is unidentifiable, and a tall Serpent. The other shoppers and vendor in the vicinity laugh as the guard gets more and more annoyed that his path has been blocked, while his quarry skitter further and further away. They move out of the Eastern Gate and head down towards the south, disappearing from view soon enough...

Western Gate

Southern Gate 

A small gathering of people are situated outside the walls, all looking towards the caravan marked 'Trillo's' or at a thoroughly clad young woman and Serpent male that appear to be conversing at a distance, though both also have some of their attention on the caravan. There seems to be an air of unrest about the whole situation...

The Path Outside the Market, in the Neutral Zone

The path is very quiet, most of the people having gone inside the market to eat and be merry over the lunch period. A sparse scattering of life remains outside the confines of Greenvale's walls...

~~~

There is a loud crashing noise from inside the caravan, and Yuri's gaze turns towards the sound, frowning as the caravan itself starts to rock.

'I'd say that's a definite indication that something's not quite right,' she thought to herself, looking back to the Serpent, waiting to find out if he's on her side or not before acting...

~~~

PLEASE REMEMBER TO CHECK THE DISCUSSION THREAD BEFORE POSTING IN THE NEXT ROUND!

Seraphi
General Fiction Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
1827 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sumei smiles in triumph as she watches Trillo reel backwards from her, thankfully on the mark, kick. The caravan rocks slightly, making the broom sway out of her reach. She keeps her eyes on Trillo as she grasps for the broom, grimacing slightly as his hood falls from his face. She glances between the mismatched eyes and follows the scar down the left side of his face. His visage is unsettling, like he has been pieced together from spare parts.

She feels the wood from the handle of the broom brush against her fingertips and she firmly takes it in her hands as Trillo begins to right himself. A vase falls from a high shelf and breaks on the floor, releasing a vast amount of green powder. She has no idea what this powder is, but as nothing seems to happen as it spills over the floor – other than make a cloud of green that temporarily floats in the air – and Trillo makes no grab for it to use against her, she pays it no heed, and focuses instead on swinging the broom that is now in her hands towards his head.

She clicks her tongue as Trillo catches the broom mid-swing. She is still too slow, but she keeps an iron grip on the handle as he tries to yank it out of her hand. A mistake, she finds, as Trillo uses the broom against her. She gasps for air as the handle, and her hands beneath it, are pushed tightly against her chest with a strength she did not expect from the wiry man.

Sumei tries to wriggle loose, but is stopped as Trillo slaps her hard across the face. She is momentarily stunned, small dots swimming in her vision from the blow. She rapidly blinks them away and glares at Trillo as he presses his palm to her forehead again. Gritting her teeth she waits for the pinprick of heat that will signal the loss of control over her own body.

When the sensation does not come she smiles crookedly and spits in his face.

“Not this time, freak,” she says, her voice raspy but confident.

She shifts her legs under Trillo’s body and begins to push up with her feet. This alleviates some of the pressure from her chest, and she is able to free her right arm. She quickly reaches over to the dagger strapped to her left arm, pulling it from its sheath.

“I hope you enjoy the sight of your own blood,” she growls as she plunges the dagger towards the hand he still grips the broom with. “I know I will.”
sagittaeri
Scifi/Experimental Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
1341 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sprinting across the mostly empty market, and out of the Eastern Gate, Max made a sharp turn to the right, heading towards the Southern Gate. Halfway to their destination, the young boy glanced backwards. Finally. The soldier gave up. For Boar's sake, what do they pay those guards?

He allowed himself to slow down, matching the tall Serpent's pace. Glancing briefly into the Southern Gate, he noticed the three witches were still standing vigilantly by their stall, while everyone else had left for lunch. Max could never get used to the uncomfortable feeling he received from them. Changing directions suddenly, the Serpent led him towards the bushes where a bare-chested man with a large Wolf tattoo on his back was crouching. The tattoo and the purple streak in his shoulder-length black hair made it clear that the man was a Wolf. The young boy reached for his dagger, unsure if there was going to be trouble at first, but released it when he noted a friendly exchange between the Wolf and the Serpent.

Kneeling beside them, he listened to their conversation while scouting around for the girl and Shasta. They were speaking of a 'freak' named Trillo, a trailer, and a 'female companion'. Was this 'female companion' the same girl he was looking for? Examining the trailer with his own eyes, the boy wondered if he should be understanding any of this. What kind of man was this Trillo?

Looking around a bit more, he finally spotted the girl! Beaming slightly, he was about to head towards her when he realised---with utmost horror---she wasn't carrying a rucksack! Where was the boar piglet?

The girl was approaching another tall Serpent inside the market. Are all Serpents that tall? Also, the man looked vaguely familiar....yes, Max had seen him in the market earlier with a large snake wrapped around him. Where was the reptile now? Both the girl and the Serpent in the market seemed to be looking at the caravan and at each other at the same time.

"I'm going," he whispered to the Serpent---now on his belly---next to him. "Thanks for your help."

The boy left the hiding place and carefully head towards the girl. Whatever she was doing, it felt like he shouldn't try to call out to her. Suddenly, a loud crash could be heard from inside the caravan, causing it rock a little. Keeping a hand close to the dagger, he continued on towards the girl.

misterbiz
Horror Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
2895 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"No...I am not in Trillo's employ. I am, in fact, here for the same reason you are. I figured you were heading after him as well. I thought it best to inform you of my intentions as to not get in each other's way."

Suddenly a racket came from the caravan and his emerald eyes shot to it. "Sooner would probably be better than later." He said as he moved past her and to the caravan. Without wasting time, he attempted to slide in silently, pulling a dagger from his side and went to place it against Trillo's back while wrapping an arm around his throat.

PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
7870 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Post 11 Reply with quote

I shake my head at the retreating back of the boy. 'Well, at least he's not rushing headlong into it. He's such and honest straightforward spirit' A small smile plays on my lips as I slip between the wall and bushes, getting a better look at what's going on just inside the market. 'That serpent looks to be trying to be helpful I think. Perhaps they all heard about or saw what happened to that girl' After working my mind for a bit I notice the young woman with the flying cat approach the serpent. There is a short exchange I can't quite catch before there is a loud noise from the trailer. 'Shtucky, seems time is running short' Drawing my own daggers I slip around the wall. Waving at the young woman and the boy in hops that they see me I slide up to the trailer just as the serpent slips inside. Pressing myself against the faded wood siding I peer around the corner of the trailer towards the partially open door and wait, muscles tensed and ready should I be needed. I carefully wave once again at the other two outside the trailer, indicating that they should be at the ready too.

To Be A Knight
Lilith
Honored Citizen

Topics: 82

Items
Legends
Fables
25 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annalise had waited until far after sunrise before she entered the market, proudly forgoing her usual uniform of a high-necked shirt and trousers for a leather breast-band and deer-hide sleeveless tunic that revealed the upper portion of the scar across the front of her body. A six-year old scar and a dead body in the woods outside of the neutral territory of Greenvale were testimony to the life she'd made for herself. The scar told of a battle where she'd been injured, yet she was alive today. The weapon on her hip, a blade that was long and thin, weather-beaten but shined to a high finish, made clear that she was not to be messed with, and the bow and full quiver of arrows emphasized the fact.

Anna slipped through the North gates with little notice of anyone nearby, her eyes fixed on a fresh fruit stand. She held her chin high as she approached and the piece of hair streaked in purple fell forward from behind her ear to curl irritatingly under her jaw. With a quiet little harrumph, she tucked it back into place and peered in at the Sweet Moon apples that were for sale. Her stomach growled with hunger since she'd forgone breakfast in favor of sleep that morning, but Annalise was always choosy about what she ate and kept peering for the best apples of the bunch, reaching into her rucksack and pulling out a handful of coin she'd gotten from selling game in a village she'd wandered through recently.

"Are these the most recent harvest?" She inquired politely, looking up to meet the vendor's eyes, ignoring her grumbling gut. I'll get lunch and then stock up on supplies before I head out of Greenvale, Anna thought as the smell of one of the cooking meat stands wafted through her nostrils.

© 2007-2019 Lilith
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
918 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

”No...no! What the hell are you doing?!” Yuri hisses, trying to grab the Serpent as he heads for the caravan, but to no avail, and finds him to either not hear her warning or ignore it. “He's not what he seems! He...”

She huffs slightly as she finds her words to be fruitless. The Serpent is already out of hearing range, unless she was to raise her tone, which will only make Trillo aware of the impending invasion. She curses under her breath, and pulls the daggers from her hip scabbards, intending to go after him. At that moment, she happens to glance to the side, and spots the boy from the market approaching her.

'Great timing,' she thinks to herself sarcastically, frowning a little at him, though keeping in mind it was she who'd made the arrangements to meet him here. She notices another Serpent running to the side of the caravan and waving to get her attention, and lets out an incredulous exhale of breath.

“Any other day I can go through this market and speak to no one beside the vendors...and today I'm being bombarded,” she says, shaking her head, then glancing back towards the caravan. She knows that she needs to get to it. The Serpent has no idea what he's getting into...and from the look of things, the other is close to getting himself into trouble too. She gestures to the other Serpent to not do anything rash, and hopes that he will see and take notice...

~~~

The dagger hits home, and pierces through Trillo's hand where it grips the broom handle, just as the shadowy shape of a man enters the half-lit depths of the caravan, wrapping an arm around Trillo's neck.

Trillo screams, an ungodly, high-pitched sound that has an almost unhuman quality to it, seeming to penetrate within one's very skull and making ears ring. When the sound stops, the eyes that look back down at Sumei are swimming with emotions, each one almost tangible. Anger, hatred, malice... But more than that. The pupils have disappeared, and each orb glows brightly, like a duo of smouldering coals, one red and one green.

Trillo stands perfectly still for a moment, as if contemplating the situation, his eyes always on Sumei. He seems almost unaware of the man behind him holding a knife to his back. Then, subtly at first, something starts to happen...a strange shifting in the air, creating an atmosphere of anticipation. Suddenly Trillo throws his arms wide, and a great force radiates from him. The caravan around them seems to explode outwards, the walls and contents flying in all directions. The man with the dagger is thrown backwards along with the debris, and Sumei finds herself hurtling through the air, shards of glass, wood and metal alongside her, cutting through her clothing to embed themselves in her flesh.

She lands with a hard thump on the grass some twenty feet away from the caravan, the force enough to knock the air from her lungs...

~~~

The tall Serpent man moves off towards the caravan at a pace, while the girl looks to be trying to warn him not to. She then turns and spots the boy heading towards her, eyeing him as he approaches, her expression showing a lack of patience.

“Look, you have to get out of here now,” she says firmly, then continues, knowing that he'll likely be worried about his pet. “The boar piglet is fine. I made sure to put it in a safe place before I came over here. It's...”

At that moment, she stops mid-way through her speech and stands stock still. Her stance is one of watchfulness, though she doesn't appear to be focused upon anything in particular. She closes her eyes, as if listening for something, and when they re-open there's something a little strange about them, and they're also filled with panic.

“GET DOWN!” she shouts at the boy, running at him and shoving him to the ground and leaning over him as if to shield him from harm, as the air explodes around them.

~~~

One moment all seems to be calm inside the caravan, and one would imagine that everything is going to go smoothly were it not for the strange air of foreboding. Then suddenly the caravan around Lucan is gone, turning to debris and dust within a split second. The force takes hold of Lucan, sending him flying into the air and out of the vicinity. He lands hard on the grass some distance away, surrounded by and covered in hunks of wood and shards of glass and metal which once made up Trillo's abode.

Lucan can still see Trillo from this distance and position, the smaller man remaining where he'd been stood before, arms still outstretched at his sides, though the air around them is now beginning to calm.

~~~

A stirring in the air is the only warning before the caravan at Elman's back is torn to pieces by some kind of explosion. The wood directly at his back comes off in a relatively large piece and forces him to the ground just shy of the caravan itself. The wooden board covers him from harm, as all hell breaks loose around him in a riot of wood, metal and glass. The wooden board isn't heavy, just solid, so the opportunity to move it from atop him should he desire it is a possibility.

The girl who'd been lead previously inside the caravan goes hurtling through the air, and lands some distance away. It's obvious that she's been slightly hurt along the way. The magic in the air begins to dwindle, and the path to the girl is open should one wish to get to her. It would also be possible to shimmy underneath the caravan, the wheels and floor still firmly in place. It's not possible to see where Trillo is from Elman's current position...

~~~

The Wolf vendor looks a little incredulous that the woman before him should ask such a question, but he nods and shoots her a small smile.

“Of course sister,” he says, acknowledging that they're both of the same clan. “You should know better than to think it would be otherwise.”

His tone is light-hearted and teasing, the twinkling of his dark brown eyes only making it more obvious.

“So, how many would you like? You can have one baked and drizzled with honey should you desire?”

He cocks his head to one side, regarding her enquiringly, the expression on his youthful visage open and friendly.

“You missed a bit of a stir here not long ago, you know,” he goes on, in friendly banter. “Had the guards up here and everything...”

~~~

The Northern Gate 

Approaching the Northern gate, one enters the market, and finds it to be fairly busy, though not to a huge degree, and it's becoming less all the time. There is a slight air of tension about the area, but it's quickly dwindling. Many of those that remain talk amongst themselves as they shop, and one gets the feeling that something has happened here not long before.

Eastern Gate 

A loud kerfuffle breaks out as a large Boar male gets in the way of a guard, who appears to be pursuing a young boy who's Clan is unidentifiable, and a tall Serpent. The other shoppers and vendor in the vicinity laugh as the guard gets more and more annoyed that his path has been blocked, while his quarry skitter further and further away. They move out of the Eastern Gate and head down towards the south, disappearing from view soon enough...

Western Gate

Southern Gate 

A small gathering of people are situated outside the walls, all looking towards the caravan marked 'Trillo's' or at a thoroughly clad young woman and Serpent male that appear to be conversing at a distance, though both also have some of their attention on the caravan. There seems to be an air of unrest about the whole situation...

The path is very quiet, most of the people having gone inside the market to eat and be merry over the lunch period. A sparse scattering of life remains outside the confines of Greenvale's walls...

As the air around them settles, Yuri, unhurt but hesitant, looks up from where she's still got the boy pinned. She can see Trillo still standing where he was before, though the walls of the caravan have entirely vanished, along with all of his possessions.

She looks around for the Serpents, spotting the one with the long, green-tipped hair beneath a large board of wood just beside the caravan. She's unable to see the other, though she does notice the girl who'd entered the caravan with Trillo lying on the grass some distance away.

She finally allows the boy to get up should he want to, though retains a pressure on his shoulder as a warning that he shouldn't do anything rash...

“This isn't likely to be over...” she whispers to him, her eyes on Trillo.

The little man turns, and fixes his still glowing eyes upon her. He tilts his head, before an evil looking grin breaks out across his face, causing Yuri to glare hatefully at him.

“Well, well, well...” he says loudly. “If it isn't the one that got away.”

~~~

Seraphi
General Fiction Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
1827 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sumei smiles as the dagger hits its mark, gritting her teeth as Trillo screams like a man possessed. With renewed vigor at the success of her attack, she removes the dagger from the back of his hand and repositions it in her own. She spies a shadow behind Trillo and tenses herself for another of the man’s tricks when she notices an arm snake around his neck. Looking closer she notices that the arm belongs to a man much taller than Trillo with green tinged hair.

“Great timing,” she scoffs, both happy to see a person other than Trillo and slightly miffed that said person would come to her rescue right when she is about to skewer the bastard spell caster. Speaking of the wiry man, she shifts her gaze back to Trillo. He is oddly still, staring at her with such concentration that she can feel the friction spark in the air. The pupils of his eyes have disappeared and they glow a vibrant red and green.

This is all Sumei registers before she is sent crashing through the walls of the caravan.

She lands hard about twenty feet away, the wind knocked from her lungs. She gasps and coughs for air as she sits up, gripping her side, feeling the pieces of debris and a few slick trails of blood there as she sits up and glares at the caravan. Or what is left of it. Her eyes widen as she notices that the only thing left of the cart are the floor and wheels, the rest is scattered about the field as various sizes of debris. The only one still standing in one piece is Trillo.

What…what the hell is he?! she grits her teeth and forces herself into a squat, taking stock of her surroundings. The Serpent from inside the caravan lies on the grass on the other side of the field and the girl…

The girl! Sumei’s eyebrows shoot up in shock. So she did notice.

“And what’s more…Trillo seems to know her,” she mumbles as the strange man turns towards the young woman.

Perfect

If she could keep him distracted, then Sumei would have a chance. She rolls her shoulders, flinching as pain radiates through them – she had fallen harder than she thought.

“Tch!” she berates herself at being so easily injured. She rolls them once more despite the discomfort and drops her hands to the axes at her sides. She takes long, deep breaths to steady her nerves. She would get him. She never missed.

With one fluid motion she stands and takes both axes from the holsters at her hips, stepping forward she throws the one in her right hand at the center of Trillo’s back.
sagittaeri
Scifi/Experimental Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
1341 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From this distance, Max almost didn't hear the tall Serpent next to the girl spoke of this 'Trillo' before darting towards the caravan entrance. The girl tried to warn the Serpent of the man---did everyone know of this 'Trillo'?!---but it was already too late. Max continued approaching her when she turned, her daggers drawn, and it was at that moment their eyes met.

She frowns a little at the sight of him, and even more so when she laid her eyes on the other tall Serpent---the one who led Max here---suddenly leaning by the caravan's side. She seemed thoroughly annoyed at the presence of any person, the boy was starting to realise. Thus, her consistent lack of patience with him must not had been his fault.

With that in mind, the boy tried not to take it personally when she once again instructed him to leave. His attention was captured, however, when she started speaking of the baby boar. But, just before she could tell him where it was, she suddenly stopped, as if listening for something. Pausing for a moment to listen for himself, he was about to tell her that he heard absolutely nothing.

Then, he felt it.

It was a feeling, disconnected from any physical form or reason. It was nearly imperceptible, such that he nearly believed he had imagined it.

Suddenly, the girl opened her eyes, and for a split-second, he could almost see something otherworldly in her eyes...before she yelled at him to 'get down' and sprinted towards him! Before he could blink or consider her panicked instruction, she tackled him, causing the both of them to fall towards the ground, with him face first.

What happened next couldn't truly be described in words. Not in its entirety.

The 'feeling' he had been experiencing earlier had finally come to fruition, it seemed, as the air itself exploded! The caravan seemed to be directly in the epicentre of the blast, Max believed, because at the instant just before the ground met his face, he could see the large wooden construction come apart into a million parts, bits and pieces flying out in every direction, threatening to rip any nearby person into shreds! Shutting his eyes and covering his head with his forearm, he tried to protect himself from the incoming debris, only, it never came. Instead, he could feel a strange and unexplainable sensation 'around' him. Opening his eyes, he glanced to the side, noticing that somehow no debris had reached him and the girl who was pinning him down. The contrast between the debris-filled ground and the empty ground was clearly forming a perfect semi-circle. When the girl finally released him, he pushed himself off the ground and glanced around. No, it was a perfect circle, with the girl and him at the centre!

Was it...magic? He peeked at the girl curiously as she put a firm hand on his shoulder, as if to hold him in the spot.

Looking straight ahead, he saw a little man standing right in the middle of the carnage with not a scratch on him. That had to be magic. The boy regarded the unscathed man cautiously. The way that man was looking at the girl next to him was making Max very uncomfortable. It didn't take long for him to realise he must 'Trillo'!

Not fully understanding the situation, he took a moment to ponder his options. That was when he noticed a rather small girl at some distance away, preparing to throw her axe. His first instincts was to warn this 'Trillo', but he held back. Was the man standing before them truly evil? Max didn't know, but it didn't matter. He only knew he had to protect the girl next to him, as she was the only one who knew where the piglet was!

Max prepared to pounce the man with his dagger, biding his time, should the axe miss...

misterbiz
Horror Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
2895 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hair on the back of Lucan's neck stands up. Something was wrong. There was a stirring in the air. A sense of foreboding hit him. Suddenly, Trillo threw his arms and before he knew it, he was on the ground, his ears ringing slightly. For a few moments, he just lay still, as he waited for his senses to return. Once he was at full capacity, he sat up and cracked his neck.

"Magician," he snarled. "Foul, wretched, magician." He stood up and started to pick some debris from his flesh. He pulled out a couple small pieces of glass and steel. His eyes quickly found where Trillo stood. With one motion, he reached behind him for his bow. It wasn't there. It must have flown off of him during the explosion. One of his daggers was gone as well.

"Cursed magician," Lucan spat. He scanned the area and noticed the girl from the caravan starting to attack. As she went after Trillo, Lucan proceeded to search the area for his weapons.

PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
7870 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Post 12 Reply with quote

A feeling of unease sweeps through me as the seconds tick by. It takes a little while for me to realize it's not just my nerves that are tingling. Almost like the feeling of being watched, I feel my skin break out in little bumps and my throat tighten. 'Oh, this can not be good. There is something more here. And I think I've been a bit foolish' Glancing towards the boy and girl standing some ways away I almost laugh. 'Perhaps it's just something in the air' The smile vanishes as the wave of unease hits me again, followed by something a lot more tangible. The wind is knocked out of me as the wall at my back slams into me. I instinctively clutch my weapons tight as I am thrown to the ground, catching my head with my forearms to cushion the fall. My ears ring for a few seconds while debris falls all around me. I can feel things striking the wood at my back and for a moment I marvel at my fortune.

Pushing myself up slightly, the piece of wall lifting easily, I look around, assessing the situation anew. 'Well, the girl and the boy seem alright' I think, glancing at them to my right. As the girl gets to her feet I feel more than hear Trillo's words. 'And he never fails to make me ill' Looking a bit more forward an eyebrow arches. 'And that must be the one all this is about. She fits Symar's description. And what's this?' The fire in her eyes as she comes to her feet, pulling her weapons sends a chill down my spine. Careful to move slowly I edge out from under the boards an move out of the line of fire in a crouching position. Turning so my blades are no longer pointing at the girl I back away a bit more and try to figure out my next move.

To Be A Knight
Lilith
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
25 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna held up her hands in mock-surrender. "I always make a point to ask. I've had some produce from other clans that is not so fresh." She replied quietly, returning the small smile with a half one of her own, her dark braid sweeping from one shoulder blade to the other as she eyed over the fruit. I probably shouldn't take many with me, as I don't know how long it will take to get through the old Leopard-clan lands and I need as much space as possible for hardier foods that last longer... but I can hunt game on the way. Grains will be heavy so I can afford to have a little space taken up by Sweet Moons..

She inhaled deeply, making up her mind after deliberating for several minutes in silence. "I would like four to take with me, and one baked with honey, please." She decided, counting out the appropriate amount of coin and reaching out to give it to the vendor.

Her grey eyes flicked up to meet the vendor's brown ones when he mentioned she had just missed something in the area that had dragged the guards into the Northern area of the market. Annalise shifted her weight from one hip to the other and her brows drew together in a puzzled expression. "Really? What happened?"

© 2007-2019 Lilith
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
918 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LIVE SESSION!

Tikanni Corazon: The axe lands in Trillo's left shoulder with a soft thunk. The little man barely moved, merely knocked slightly by the force of it. He cracked his neck, his eyes still shining in their odd colours. Without removing the weapon from his flesh, he began to descend the caravan steps, his eyes still on Yuri.
Tikanni Corazon: "Little lost child..." he said, tilting his head. "No daddy to protect you anymore, is there? You're all alone..."
Tikanni Corazon: His eyes glance at Max, stood beside the girl. "Well, no entirely alone, I see, but from the looks of him, you might as well had be..."

Seraphi: Sumei: She smirks. 'Direct hit!' But her smile drops quickly. 'He isn't bleeding...not even a drop. And he's still standing.' She grits her teeth and sprints forward, determined to make her next strike count.

sagittaeri: Max: "Boar's droppings..." the boy curses. The short man's completely unharmed by the axe! Suddenly, he feels silly about even thinking of stabbing him with a measly dagger. Not knowing what his next step is, he kept his ground even after the short man turned and alluded to Max's lack of usefulness. But when the girl with the axe sprints forward, Max decides it's now or never. The mage can't fight them both at the same time. So, he attempts to run ahead...

misterbiz: Lucan: He searched the area for a moment before finding his bow, arrows and dagger. He quickly grabbed up his dagger and shoved it into its sheath. Then without a second thought he grabbed his bow and arrows and sprinted toward the caravan. Once he spotted Trillo, he took aim and let an arrow loose, not caring if he had an advantage or not.

PopeAlessandrosXVIII: Elman: Moving carefully Elman does his best to stay out of Trillo's line of sight. Unsure as to if the mage knows he's there, he keeps his movements slow as to not alert him. He manages to get to the far side of the demolished trailer, directly behind the man as he decends the steps of his trailer. Unsure of what else to do, he waits, watching various people charge and attack Trillo.

Tikanni Corazon: Yuri: She glares at Trillo, her blue eyes burning with hatred as the little man moves towards her, but she says nothing. Her heart beats hard against her chest. As the boy moves to run forward, she moves to grab him. "Wait, don't!" She pulls him back and closes her eyes her eyes for a moment, before opening them and raising her hands before her.

Tikanni Corazon: Trillo pauses for a moment as an arrow hits him in the arm, though he barely flinches, before he continues descending. His eyes suddenly gleam brighter, and he throws his arms out to the sides. A burst of energy rocks what's left of the caravan, causing the wheels to creak and the wood to shudder violently. The girl who threw the axe is sent flying again, half a dozen feet. Yuri merely stands where she is, her outstretched arms somehow halting the blast and protecting her and the boy.

Seraphi: Sumei: As she runs she sees Trillo raise his arms. She skids to a halt to try and duck, but the blast of energy hits her and she is thrown back again. She lands on her back and quickly rolls to her feet, spitting on the ground as she rises. "Bastard..." She goes forward again, this time walking, watching the strange man warily.

sagittaeri: Max: "What--" he turns towards the girl, just in time to hear her chant something, before raising her hands. Magic again? Then, the same thing happens again --- the air exploded again, and once again, the boy and the girl next to him are protected by her...spell. It was definitely her. The boy swallows, not knowing what to think anymore. "Are you a witch?" he whispers, keeping an eye on Trillo.

misterbiz: Lucan: The Serpent dives behind a stall as the another powerful force is expelled in his direction. Half of the stall is turned to rubble, just barely missing him. Taking a deep breath, he stands up and off to the side of the destroyed stall and takes aim with another arrow. "You piece of maggot filled goat excrement," Lucan shouts before letting the arrow fly at Trillo's head.

PopeAlessandrosXVIII: Elman: His eyes dart around again, taking in the fact that conventional weapons seem to do very little if any real damage to the man before him. Something inside him urges him that something is about to happen in in an instant he crouches down so that the remnants of the caravan are between him and Trillo. A moment later the wood before him rocks violently. Coming out of his crouch Elman smiles slightly at his luck today. The area around his eye patch itches slightly but he ignores it. Moving closer to the leftovers of the caravan he climbs slowly atop it and falls still, still watching.

Tikanni Corazon: Yuri: She looks up at the boy as she allows the shield to go down. "No, of course I'm not," she replied, in a slightly abrupt manner, but hardly surprising given the situation. She pants slightly with the effort of her magic. "I'm...my parents taught..." She seems unsure of what to say. "Look, this isn't the time, just trust me when I say not to go near him...he's a necromancer gone bad...A Soul-thief...A Heart-Eater..."

Tikanni Corazon: Trillo hisses in fury as his target isn't hit by the blast of magic, and screams as another arrow pierces his side, though it's more of an extention of fury than pain. Maddened by the nuisance shooting at him, he turns in the direction of the tall Serpent with the bow. With a roar, purple flames sprout from his fingertips and fly towards the man.

sagittaeri: Max: A necromancer? Gone bad? Were they ever 'good'? What did she mean by 'soul-thief'? He shudders when she said 'heart-eater'. Surely she didn't mean that literally. "If I can't go near him, how do we defeat him?" he asks instead. The girl seems to know the man and what he is.

Seraphi: Sumei: She twitches as Trillo screams, readying herself for another blast of energy, but watches as Trillo instead turns towards the tall Serpent who had shot the man with two arrows and raises his arms, strange purple flames igniting at the tips of his fingers. She frowns. How is she supposed to fight a man who takes no damage from weapons and attacks with magic? Shrugging she launches her other axe, aiming for his hands. If she couldn't kill him, she would at least try to take away his ability to attack.

misterbiz: Lucan: Lucan dodges as purple flame is shot in his direction. This was no mere magic user. He was something way worse. Lucan drew another arrow, deciding to take a final chance. "Take this you ball-less sack of boar waste...." he shouted as he took aim at Trillo's groin and let the arrow fly.

PopeAlessandrosXVIII: Elman: An inkling passes through the back of Elman's mind as he watches Trillo. Brushing aside that he may be wrong, Elman snaps into action. Rushing forward he covers the distance between him and Trillo in a mater of seconds and takes a swing at Trillo's neck, one khopesh followed closely by the other.

Tikanni Corazon: Yuri: She takes advantage of the fact that Trillo's attention is elsewhere to turn to the boy and explain, in the same abrupt manner as before. "There's only one way to kill him," she replies quietly, so that Trillo wouldn't hear. "We need to destroy his heart...and cut off his head..." She started as an almighty scream broke through the air.

Tikanni Corazon: Trillo reels in agony, roaring profanities at the Serpent, who's latest shot hit directly in the balls. "You will pay for that, you pile of Chimera Vomit!" he spits at the other man, extending his hands ready to attack. A sudden hit to the back of one of his hands causes him to cry out again, and he looks down to see an axe embedded into the flesh and stuck in the bone. He wrenches it out and throws in on the ground, only to be attacked from the side by another Serpent.
Tikanni Corazon: This newcomer comes at his, blades extended, aiming both at the back of Trillo's neck. He gives a screech of terror, until he hears the ping-ping as they make impact.

Tikanni Corazon: Yuri: She watches the series of attacks with baited breath. Hearing the clang of the blades as if on metal, she curses, then turns to the boy. "Of course, he takes precautions..."
Tikanni Corazon: Yuri: Seeing that they might have a chance if they work together, Yuri bravely shouts out to the others. "We need to weaken him first...Use up all his power and then physically kill him!"

sagittaeri: Max: Chop of his head? The boy thinks of the dagger in his belt. No, that's not going to work with a dagger. But the heart. The heart he can reach. Bending down to draw the dagger, he listens to the girl's instructions. "Weaken him first? I can do that!" he says to the girl before rushing forward to stab the man, aiming for the chest!

Seraphi: Sumei: "Ha!" she shouts, pumping her fist with glee. Not only is her throw on the mark, but the tall Serpent hits him in quite a...delicate area...with his arrow. She watches as a second Serpent attacks Trillo and takes the opportunity to sprint quickly to retrieve her axe, frowning as she notices the blades do not penetrate the flesh of his neck. Her ears perk as the girl speaks. "What do you think we're trying to do?" Sumei asks incredulously just loud enough for the girl to hear. But how to weaken him?
Seraphi: Sumei: She grits her teeth as she reaches the axe. She is closer to Trillo now, enough to swing and strike. She aims for the area in his back that is already weakened by her first axe.

misterbiz: Lucan: Lucan's hands run along his quiver and count the arrows. Five. his eyes study the figure as he draws another one. Suddenly a flow of information floods his mind. He realizes what this bastard is and how to bring him down. Feeling a bit bastardly, he draws another. "Aw...I have a feeling you didn't enjoy your present. Well how about another you, degraded piece of wolf puss...." he shouts before taking another shot at Trillo's nether regions, aiming to place the arrow right next to his last one.

PopeAlessandrosXVIII: Elman: A slight shock runs through his body as his blade hits against something metal around Trillo's neck. He curses low in his throat and tries to step away. Trillo is too fast for him and a bony hand connects with his jaw, sending Elman to the ground. Shaking off the blow, his ears ringing a bit, Elman grits his teeth and lashes out at the man's legs, catching sight of the boy and another rushing towards Trillo.

Tikanni Corazon: Yuri: She raises a hand, and put up her barrier, stepping forward, her eyes glowing bright blue, the pupils disappeared. She ripped a dagger from her scabbard and made to drive it through Trillo's chest, but was driven back slightly by another burst of energy from the little man.

Tikanni Corazon: Trillo grinds his teeth together as he tosses the Serpent to the ground, then roars as he's hit in the back yet again with a damn axe, extended into a howl as something rips through one of his legs, causing him to fall to the ground. As the girl started towards him, he summoned another burst of energy, pushing her back slightly.
Tikanni Corazon: He looks down at his injured leg with a look of horror. The calf is hanging on by a thread of flesh and muscle to the rest, and currently useless to walk upon.
Tikanni Corazon: Addled with fury, he sends another blast of purple fire out, one towards the Serpent who'd maimed him, and the other towards the nearest other.
Tikanni Corazon: The fire hits neither, and with a look of panic, he realises that he's out of power and he's unable to defend himself.

sagittaeri: Max: The boy's attack misses. When he turns around, he notices an axe in Trillo's back, and his calf nearly missing from his leg. Max feels sick at the sight. Suddenly, a bright flame flies in his direction! Almost stumbling, the boy jumps out of the way, feeling the glowing heat fly past him! Tightening his grip on his dagger with his right hand, Max leaps towards the little man and thrusts his dagger towards his heart!

Seraphi: Sumei: She hits Trillo in the shoulder next to where her first axe had pierced him, widening the wound there enough that she can see bone, but frowning that still no blood comes from the injury. Grunting she grabs the axe handle in her free hand and removes both from the man's body with a forceful tug, bending backwards to avoid the another burst of energy from the man, the blow brushing the tip of her nose. Regaining her normal stance she moves quickly to Trillo's front this time dodging an attack of purple flame. She is about to swing when Trillo falls to the ground, breathing heavily. "Done already?" she asks mockingly? A wicked smile crosses her face as she raises the axes above her head and plunges them towards his heart.

misterbiz: Lucan: Lucan is blasted off his feet by an energy blast. He grunts as he hits the ground. slowly, he pushes himself up and grabs his bow. On his feet he takes aim at Trillo and lets out a chuckle as he sees the necromancer on his knees. "Die already, you piss drinking, puss ridden, heartless pile of jackal ejaculate," Lucan roared as he let his arrow fly toward Trillo's heart.

Tikanni Corazon: Trillo lets out a loud gurgling gasp as the axe hits his chest. A torrent of crimson poured forth, the first of his blood to be shed so far. It ran down his skeletal frame, pooling around the ground beneath him. He flinched as an arrow was driven into him furthering the damage. His eyes rolled back into his head, showing only white...

PopeAlessandrosXVIII: Elman: Head still ringing Elman watches the necromancer get his again and again in the chest. Seeing the head still attached he tries to get close and remove it but his blades fail, once again striking the collar in his confusion. Rolling his eyes Elman falls on to his back and gives a little laugh. "Okay, Elman's done. My head hurts too much for this right now. Someone take off his head please, I need to clear my own." He huffs aloud, smiling slightly.

Tikanni Corazon: Yuri: She watches the others from a short distance as they maim and attempt to kill the necromancer. Finally, as the tall, long-haired Serpent decides he's done, she steps forward, pushing past the others and kneeling down beside Trillo, removing a sword from it's scabbard as she did so.

Tikanni Corazon: Trillo's eyes stop rolling back, and slowly focus upon her. He coughs, spluttering up a stream of blood. Then, as she watches, his face breaks into a smile. "I'm... glad... it's you... who end it..." he says, small crimson bubbles lining the edges of his lips. "...I die...by the hand...of that...which...I should have...lived...by..." He grimaces, one hand pawing at his chest feebly.

Tikanni Corazon: Yuri: She nods slowly. "Indeed..." she agrees. "Highly appropriate. You know I have to do this, regardless of what you once were?"

Tikanni Corazon: Trillo nods once, the action sluggish.

Tikanni Corazon: Yuri: She gives a nod, and slides the blade under his jaw. With one quick jerk, she thrusts the blade upwards, towards his skull. She hears the hissing gasp of breath from Trillo's lips. She takes a deep breath, and gives the blade another yank, turning the thrust downwards, towards his neck. feeling it pass through.
Tikanni Corazon: Yuri: She pushes the head away from the rest of the body, and gets to her feet, watching as both begin to crumble into ash, and blow away on the wind.
Tikanni Corazon: Yuri: Without another word, she turns and walks away, looking strangely sad.

sagittaeri: Max: The boy involuntarily looks away as the girl prepares to decapitate Trillo. Max tries to ignore the dull ache in his chest. It's just life. People die all the time, deserving or not. Listening to the exchange between the necromancer and the girl, he realises they weren't always enemies. The little man...was he once 'good'? When the deed is done, he looks back, in time to see the remains turn into ash. He doesn't understand how it could turn to ash, but his thoughts are occupied with the girl at the moment. She's sad, he realises. He wants to ask her about the piglet, but instead, he decides to leave her to her thoughts as he follows her quietly, giving her space. Was Trillo her friend at some point?

Seraphi: Sumei: She pulls the axes from Trillo's chest as the girl pushes her way forward, taking a step back and watching, one eyebrow raised. Did the girl actual sound regretful for having to kill him? Maybe he was a good man in the past...but now? Sumei snorts. Weak. The girl is weak. She wipes the axes off on the grass before sliding them back into their holsters. She walks over to where she first fell at the beginning of the ordeal, searching for her dagger.
Seraphi: Sumei: Upon finding it a few feet away from where she landed, she sheaths it and, with one final glance at the group of people, heads north and west towards her home in the Boar Clan lands.

misterbiz: Lucan: Lucan approaches the spot where Trillo became nothing more than dust and retrieved his arrows from the ground. He puts them away and stands deathly still, staring at the remaining ash on the ground. With a wide smile he pulls a sleeping tonic from his pocket, throws the liquid over his shoulder and scoops up a handful of the ash and places it into the vial. He corks it and shakes the vial while chuckling. "You're mine now, you piece of clanless filth..." he laughed before placing him in a pouch on his belt before heading off to locate Sarpe and Fallow.

Tikanni Corazon: Yuri: She wanders back over to the tree, very much contemplating what she'd just done, knowing it was right...but at the same time... She reaches the tree and looks up into the branches, spotting the pack straight away. She climbs up the tree, her limbs feeling a little heavy after her spell casting, but she manages it just the same. She unloops the pack from the branch, then gently descends. Landing on the grass with a soft thump, she kneels down and looks inside.
Tikanni Corazon: Yuri: The piglet seems calm as it looks back up at her, squinting a little in the sudden daylight. "Better get you back where you belong," she said softly. She stood and saw the boy not far away. She approached him, and held out the bag. "Here you go, all in one piece," she said. "He seems to have calmed down a lot actually." She almost smiles, then turns to leave, heading towards the Southern Gate.

PopeAlessandrosXVIII: Elman: From the ground Elman watches the necromancer lose his head and the group begin dispersing. Raising his voice a bit he calls out. "Okay people, that was great! Excellent team work and fine skills. Same time next week?" A slight laugh from the South Gate draws his attention. Sitting up he grins at Symar standing against the side of the gate, shaking his head before looking back at Elman. Pushing himself up carefully, the ringing finally gone, the tall Serpent makes his way to his companion's side. Symar reaches out and swats Elman on the head lightly. "Hey hey, no more head abuse please?" Elman chides. Symar just laughs again. "Next time, don't leave me out of the fun my friend." Symar says with a sigh. The two turn to look at the girl and boy by the tree. "It may be fun to keep track of either of them for a while no?" Elman asks. Symar just shrugs at the girl heads for the gate.

Last edited by Tikanni Corazon on Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
918 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ah yes, but this isn't another Clan is it?" the vendor replied teasingly. "I would shudder to think of any Wolf sell anything less than the best produce."

He puts on a mock look of horror, as he sets about packing up her order. The fresh apples he places in a weaved net bag dyed indigo, and hands them over to the woman, before turning to a small over-like contraption. He opens the door and is met by a cloud of heat, which doesn't seem to bother him all that much. He takes up a long, two pronged fork and spears one of the apples nestling within.

He places the apple inside a paper bag, twisting the end to make it easier to hold. The top of the apple is split open, revealing the juicy purple inner. Taking up a glass bottle, the vendor drizzles a thick layer of honey over the steaming fruit and hands it to his customer, accepting the payment.

"Enjoy!" He says enthusiastically. He nods as she questions about the goings on earlier in the day.

"Oh yes," he continues, nodding earnestly. "There were a couple of Grix up here, suddenly started making a terrible kerfuffle. No one quite knew what to make of it, until this bloody great winged Cat appeared out of thin air. Honest to the gods, one minute there was nothing there, and the next - huge giant cat! Wingspan must've been twenty feet or more!"

The vendor is evidently enjoying the retelling of the tale.

"Anyway, this cat, it makes to attack the Grix...kinda stalking them like. Well, all of us out here in the crowd, we didn't know what was going to happen...So we just stood there and watched, and suddenly there were people there. Young boy and girl, they were, just there in the thick of it. The boy goes to confront the Grix, and the girl goes to confront the cat, and then another man goes to help the boy..."

The Vendor seems unable of unwilling to take breath as he speaks, such is his hurry to get his gossip out.

"So this girl, she's talking to the cat...talking to it mind! And then there are guards swarming all over the place, surrounding the two. And the girl, she just shouts at them to let them go, or she'll set the cat on them! And then they flew away, the girl and the cat...and disappeared again! Never seen anything like it in all my days!"

A guard suddenly enters the market and starts gathering up the few others remaining in the Wolf area. He approaches one nearby and ushers him back towards the market centre. Though their voices are low, the words 'Southern Market' and 'another stir' can be heard...

~~~

The Northern Gate

Eastern Gate

Western Gate

Southern Gate

The Southern market remains the least populated area, both in the way of stalls and shoppers, though like the Serpent market, both have increased over the duration of the morning. Several more stall have popped up, the vendors consisting mostly of unsavoury characters, who don't seem to belong anywhere. The group of witches still stand vigil behind their stall, looking daunting to all but the bravest customers.

The population has depleted considerably, in the aftermath of some great fight. The sign for a stal previously marked 'Trillo's' lies near the Southern Gate as one enters, and there are clear signs of magical use in the debris scattered across the ground and the damage to some of the other stalls. There are a few people here, scattered near and around the area where a rather large explosion seems to have taken place. They're mixed in race, a couple of men clearly Serpents, a Boar girl and two others, a boy and a girl who's Clan cannot currently be determined. All seem to be in the process of leaving the area...

Market Centre

Armoured guards are swarming the place, all making for the Southern Market, passing by the great marble statue of the Leopard. The people just finishing up lunch look curious as to what's happening, a few of the braver ones following the guards in order to find out...

~~~

GM post here for just Lil and PF, if he's able to join the game thread between now and the next GM post! Smile

Lilith
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
25 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While placing the fresh apples in her rucksack, Annalise stared at the vendor for a minute before it sunk in that he was teasing her. After a moment or two, she put her hands on her hips, her eyes narrowed. As the vendor took his payment and handed her the last apple drizzled in honey, she gave him a half-smile and bit into a baked slice. Even baked, Sweet Moon apples were always juicy so the Wolf-clan woman held the rest of the slice over the paper bag so the drips from her fingers wouldn't fall on the ground.

While she ate the rest of the apple slice, Annalise gazed intently at the vendor while he told her something that sounded like a tall tale. "Hold on, a winged Cat appeared... out of thin air? I really don't believe that." She replied, closing the paper bag and placing it in her rucksack on top of the fresh apples, intending to finish the warm treat later. She leaned one elbow on the corner of the apple stand, placing her chin on her hand while she listened, still looking skeptical that the vendor actually saw what he was insisting on.

A great winged cat out of thin air, that sounds believable... and purposely starting a fight with a pair of Grix? Not an intelligent cat, that's for sure. That same, faint half-smile was still across her pink lips as she tapped one nail against her temple while the vendor continued his gossip. A boy going to confront two Grix and a girl talking to a winged cat that appeared out of nowhere. And the girl and cat flew away, brilliant. I wonder if he's been eating things that were rotten and they're taking a toll on his brain.

As the vendor finished dishing out his gossip, Annalise gave a quiet chuckle and stood up straight once more, stretching her spine a little on her toes. "Thank-you for the apples, brother. I'll be sure to stop by again the next time I'm in Greenvale." She promised, turning to walk further into the market when she heard guards josteling others toward the center, talking about the Southern Market and some other stir. Frowning, Anna fixed her storm-grey eyes on the guards that were talking. "Was the apple vendor telling me the truth? A winged cat out of nowhere?"

Curiosity and caution warred in her mind momentarily before curiosity won out. Annalise changed her trajectory to follow the guards at a slow jog, slipping her rucksack over her shoulders. She kept her eyes fixed on the guards' backs until they led her to the source of this other 'stir' they'd been talking about.

© 2007-2019 Lilith
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
918 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the fight with Trillo ends, and the involvees begin to go their separate ways, a commotion is heard coming from the market centre. Before any of them are able to disappear, a mass of council guards in their golden armour appear, headed once again by Rau Kuiku. The Council-man looks around at the scattered group, looking to a woman at his side and speaking to her. She looks around at the devastated area upon which the caravan had once stood, taking in the mass of debris. She can be seen to shrug and gesture around, speaking quietly to Rau Kuiku as she does so. She can be seen to point towards Lucan, then, after scanning around, a flicker of recognition crosses her face upon seeing Yuri, and she whispers something else to the man at her side.

Rau Kuiku stares intently at the girl, then speaks to the woman once again, who nods in response. He turns to the guards behind and around him, and motions for them to go forth. He points specifically to the girl and Lucan, and the guards begin to quickly close in on them. The only way out is through the Southern Gate...

~~~

The guards head straight through the Market Centre, meeting up with a dozen others then marching forth into the Southern Market area. People still gossiping over lunch look up curiously, with some getting up to follow the troop of gold-armoured men.

They come to a sudden halt within sight of the Southern Gate, and for those who're close by some talking can be heard between a man and a woman. The man's tone is demanding, and the woman's sounds a little meek and frightened. Suddenly the guards begin to push forward again, at an order from the male voice...

~~~

BE SURE TO CHECK THE ROLLS BEFORE POSTING!

Seraphi
General Fiction Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
1827 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sumei grits her teeth at the clamor of armor, halting in her path and frowning as the soldiers of the Greenvale council run up and create a barricade. Was the battle they just had with Trillo so loud that it would attract so much attention? She had been lost in the moment, she could not recall.

Her frown deepens as she spies a woman soldier, whom she does not recognize, push to the front of the throng along with Rau Kuiku, purple robe sweeping behind him.

Once was enough, but twice?

Surely the gods did not favor her this day.

Maybe I can claim to be an innocent bystander and just continue home through the market?

She looks down. Droplets of blood mark her hands and the soles of her shoes are covered in blood as well. There is no denying she had done something. She cannot say she was on a hunting expedition – there is nothing to show for it. So they would only assume that she had been part of the clamor.

“Crap,” she scolds under her breath. She glances back to the wall of guards. No gaps. The only way out is “South…” she murmurs.

She is hesitant. The Southlands are said to be cursed. She is not scared per se, but she is not thrilled by the idea either. She had planned to go there once with her brother, but….

Now’s not the time! she berates herself. She inches slowly backwards towards the gate. If they start to get too interested in me, she eyes the guards, I’ll just run.

Last edited by Seraphi on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
sagittaeri
Scifi/Experimental Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
1341 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This conversation is live RPed.

Max: The boy takes the rucksack from the girl and glances into it. The piglet looks comfortable, snuggling in it. Max is surprised. It usually hates being in the rucksack. Glancing up, he notices the girl turning to walk away. "Wait!" he calls out.

Yuri: She slows down slightly, but doesn't stop, glancing back at him over her shoulder. "Yes?" she says a little wearily.

Max: He glances back at the others, as if checking that no one is within hearing range. "I, uh, I'm sorry about your---" he pauses. He doesn't know who Trillo is---was to her. "I'm sorry about what you had to do," he says instead. "Was he your friend?" he asks before he could stop himself.

Yuri: The girl frowns and stops in her tracks. She opens her mouth as if to answer, then pauses. "He...it's...it's complicated," she says, with a heavy shrug. "What's it to you anyway?" she continues, her tone a little snappier, as if he's hit upon a sore subject.

Max: He curses himself and his mouth for doing it again. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to..." he starts, but then decides it's better to not continue. "I want to thank you for the...for using magic to protect me from the...other magic." The boy winces at his own words. Smooth.

Yuri: She turns around fully and eyes the boy. Her gaze shows a mixture of bafflement and curiosity, with a slight hint of wariness. "Did you expect me to do otherwise?" she asks, her tone slightly gentler than before.

Max: He shrugs. "You didn't have to help me, but you did. Thanks." Max swallows. He isn't sure if he should even ask the next question. Maybe he should wait a little longer. "Uh, how...how do you learn magic?" He kicks himself for his low self-control.

Yuri: "Well, I was taught it by another magic user..." the girl replies slowly, the caution in her eyes rising slightly. She started to walk backwards, then turned back towards her previous path. "I have to go," she said, her words hardening again. She continues towards the Southern Gate.

Max: "Wait, I'm sorry, I---" the boy tries to apologise. The girl's clearly distraught over recent events, and all he could think about was himself. He breathes and starts again. "I'm Max, the selfish and insecure boy who wishes he could fight better," he tells her, looking down. "And I'm sorry for being...you know." With a sigh, he turns around, away from the girl.

Yuri: She stops again at the apology and looks at him with a puzzled frown as he speaks. She appears to be vying with different instincts for a moment before speaking. "You...you're not selfish," she says awkwardly as if she's not used to being anything but abrupt and irritated by others. "You're just...human...Max." She seems to grimace at the effort it takes to make the friendly acknowledgment of his name.

Max: The boy turns back to the girl and blinks at her awkward attempt to be friendly. Then, he suddenly laughs aloud. "You don't have any friends, do you? Wait, wait, don't take that as a bad thing." He composes himself, takes a step forward and puts out his hand, waiting for her to shake it. "I'm Max. What's your name?"

Yuri: Despite his reassurances, her frown deepens as he makes the comment about her not having friends. She looks down at the outstretched hand, but doesn't make any attempt to shake it. "I have a Ulian as a friend," she says, folding her arms across her chest. "Beat that. And anyway, seeing as you're following me around all over the damn market, it seems to me you're not exactly Mr Popular either."

Max: He smiles at her reaction as his hand falls to his side. "Ulian? Is that what Shasta is?" As if just remembering the creature, the boy looks around for the blur, before settling to an area behind the girl. "Hi Shasta," he greets with a wave. After a moment, he looks at the girl. "Wait, he's not there, is he?"

Yuri: Her arms still folded, she looks more annoyed at his chirpy attitude to her comment. As he continues though, a slight air of amusement enters her eyes, though only slight. "You think he would have just stood there and allowed Trillo to attack me?" she replies smartly. "Or that I'd be stupid enough to bring him back in here after what happened in the Wolf Market?"

Max: He laughs. "That was rather silly of me, wasn't it? In my defence, I've never met invisible creatures before. Which land is he from?"

Tikanni Corazon: Yuri: She pauses, looking up at him scrutinisingly. Then she turns and points out of the Gateway, towards the forests of the Southern-lands. "He's from in there," she says. There is something in her voice...a slight hint of pride maybe.

Max: The boy barely even glances at where she was pointing. It's almost as if he's oblivious to the legends surrounding those lands. "So, I can see more weird creatures if I go there?" He smiles at the thought. "I was wondering where I should go next -- I think I have my answer!"

Yuri: "I...don't think you're ready for that yet," she says to him, a laugh of her own escaping.

He frowns at her, perplexed. "You're right, which is why I'm heading to the market to get some supplies," he replies, but are unsure if he understood her correctly. "Or did you mean something else?"

Yuri: "I meant that... it's the South-lands..." she said, her tone somewhere between amused and baffled by his clearly oblivious attitude. "...The Cursed lands..."

Max: The young boy scoffs. "Cursed Lands? Just some tale told by old men, I'm sure. I would go there right now to show you, but I need to get some more milk for him first," he says, gesturing at his rucksack. He starts for the market, but stops again. "You still haven't told me your name."

Yuri: "What if I told you it's also where Trillo came from?" she says, raising her eyebrows, then gesturing to the witches, who still huddle still and silent in their stall. "As do they...cursed or not, those lands are a whole other world...and don't take offence, but you leave a lot to be desired in the ways of combat."

Max: The young boy stiffens a little at her last comment. "Well, it's still not cursed, right? Besides, I don't plan on fighting everyone, or everything I see," he mutters in reply. "Thanks for your concern, but I'll be careful. It's nice meeting you, and say hello to Shasta for me." He says before heading to the market.

Yuri: "You sure about that?" she said, following him and dragging him back to face her. "You don't seem to have many qualms about fighting just about everyone and everything from what I can see." She pauses, looking up at him, her expression sincere. "As for if it's cursed...a lot of...bad things have happened there...and there are places in there that even I dare not venture..."

Max: The boy looks at her curiously. "You've been in there?" Feeling as if he's asking the wrong question, he tries again. "What happened in there?"

Yuri: "I...I live in there," she said reluctantly. She looks slightly incredulous at his other question. "Do your Clan not teach the tales of the past to their offspring? Do you not know the history of the Southlands?"

Max: He shakes his head. "The clan only taught me to fight," he says distantly. "For all the good it did. It doesn't matter now---" his frown suddenly transforms into the boy's usual curious look, "---will you tell me this tale?"

Yuri: She looks at him for a moment, nodding slowly. "Boar," she says, an affirmation, not a question. She shrugs. "I can't tell you the history of the lost people within a few mere minutes, and I haven't the time to stay for longer than that. I cannot linger at Greenvale at the best of times, and today is certainly far from that." She pauses. "If you're heading back to the Market centre, ask someone other than a Boar about the statue that marks the entrance to this area...someone will know something. And if they don't...that means that Hanna Xia has already succeeded in his quest..." She turns away, looking a little emotional and heads quickly for the gate, back to her home.

Max: The boy spends a few moments thinking. "Wait," he calls out softly. "Why would I want to ask someone who doesn't live in the South Lands about your home, if I can ask you instead. Can I meet you later, in those woods?"

Yuri: She keeps walking, reaching the gateway and exiting Greenvale. "If you want to talk to me about it, you better come now. I can't hang around here, I told you that. But if you want my advice, you'll go home to your family and forget all about it."

Max: The boy looks at the rucksack by his side. The piglet had just eaten, so maybe he can get more milk a bit later. It's not like he has any coins on him anyway. His curiosity about the 'cursed lands', and the girl who lives in it, only grew stronger at each passing moment. Then, he walks towards the exit, nodding at her, indicating that he'll follow her.

misterbiz
Horror Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
2895 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucan had started to walk away when his eyes caught a pleasant surprise. Fallow. She pointed at him and guards quickly came in his direction. He slung his bow over his shoulder and raised his hands as he headed in their direction. "Fallow," he called out to her, strolling past the guards toward her and the guard captain. "Just the woman I was hoping to find. I'm afraid that Trillo is not going to be able to provide me with any salves after all...so would you happen to know anywhere else I can find some? Preferably not being sold by necromancer."

PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
7870 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Post 13 Reply with quote

I move a little closer to Symar, my eyes darting around the area. 'I'm sure all this commotion will attract some unwanted attention for some of us here' My face falls into a grim smile as my thoughts are confirmed in a loud clamor of armor and footfalls. 'Oh great, the man himself. If one could call him that' My jaw clenches and I feel Symar shift at my side. Sparing a glance I see his arms unfurl from their place across his chest and fall at the the ready to his sides. He's come to recognize my moods well. My tension rises slightly as they seem to single out a few members of out impromptu party. Glancing at the other Serpent I my smile turns a bit happier as he seems to be okay with the situation. Turning my attention instead to the girl whom we all come together to save for some reason or another a full grin emerges.

Her slow backwards creeping brings mirth bubbling to the surface. With a small laugh I turn and spot the girl and boy heading past me towards the south. Meeting Symar's gaze I can tell he's not too thrilled bu the decision he sees in my eyes but with a shrug he moves away from the wall. Looking back inside the market I give the girl inching away from the guards a light wave and motion towards the forest to the south. Then, completely without invitation, Symar and I move to follow the girl and young boy southwards.

To Be A Knight

Last edited by PopeAlessandrosXVIII on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Lilith
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
25 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annalise licked a bit of honey and apple juice from her thumb as she entered the Southern Market area, her eyes locked on the guards’ backs as they led the way, doing her best to remain unnoticed, although the purple streak of unbraided hair and her golden skin tone made her stick out in this portion of Greenvale more so than she had in the Northern portion. She heard some voices a bit away from her but she didn't recognize any of them. Anna attempted to peer over the heads of the crowd to see what was going on, without avail, so she started slipping in-between bodies in the crowd, letting some people jostle her and others just think they were getting a breeze as her braid whipped past them, just out of the corner of their eyes.

She managed to shift herself between enough bodies to clearly see the guards marching decisively through the Southern Market toward the gate, beyond which the wild Leopard Clan-lands were. Her eyes grew wide as she saw the guards push forward towards the people standing closest to the Southern gate, locking on to the young girl with blood on her hands, the man slinging his bow over his shoulder and calling out to the woman near the man who seemed to be in charge and had gestured the guards towards them. What in the world went on here? Were those two responsible for the same altercation in the Northern Market? The guards did say it was “another” scuff up... Puzzled and concerned for the petite-looking girl with blood on her hands, Annalise planted her feet to keep from being shoved back into the crowd again. Why would they end up here, of all places? Unless... the Emperor’s declaration? No, the girl is but a mite of a child, she would not be so silly…

Then her eyes followed the movement of another girl and boy that looked to be in his mid-teens… and yet another male following after them… in the direction of the Southern gate. Not good… those guards will probably follow until the last second. Annalise inhaled sharply and started to move through the crowd as quickly as she dare, trying to make her way swiftly and unobtrusively to the gate herself.

© 2007-2019 Lilith

Last edited by Lilith on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
918 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Guards start to spread out around the area, though two small groups each continue to approach the tall Serpent and the Boar girl, both of which had been pointed out by the woman beforehand...

~~~

The Guards sent off in Sumei's direction notice immediately when she attempts to discreetly change her direction towards the Southern-Gate. One, marked as a commander by the emblem of a green leaf upon the breast-plate of his armour, signals for the other five with him to cut off her escape. There is an opportunity to get past them to continue south, but the chance is growing ever more slim as the Guards draw nearer.

“Hey, you! Stay where you are! Rau Kuiku would speak to you, if you please.”

The Commander's voice is authoritative, and clearly indicates that the Guards will react with force should she not comply with their orders...

~~~

Rau Kuiku's gaze scans the area, his sharp eyes picking out anyone else he deems slightly out of place. They narrow slightly as he spots a boy and girl near the Gate, looking to be together and leaving the market through the Gateway at a pace. He points a few of the golden-garbed Guards in their direction, indicating wordlessly that he wants them brought to him.

~~~

Rau Kuiku turns his gaze from the Gate as he becomes aware of the Serpent he'd pointed out earlier approaching. He frowns in puzzlement, as the man starts to speak to the woman at his side. At the accusation that the woman had been seemingly aware or involved with a Necromancer, he turns to look at her, his expression thunderous. Fallow seems to whither beneath it.

“You didn't mention a Necromancer,” he says steadily, though his tone is injected with a slight venom. He turns back to the Serpent, then speaks to the Guards once again.

“Bring him,” he says. “He will be questioned on this matter.”

Without hesitation, the Guards begin to close in on the man. There is a small gap through which one could escape their clutches towards the south-east, but it's quickly disappearing...

~~~

The Guards and the Council-man who leads them seem to overlook the presence of Elman and Symar. Their attentions are on the original two – the other Serpent and the Boar girl – but they've also spotted the young boy and girl heading out the Southern Gate, and are fast approaching...

~~~

A couple of the Guards notice Annalise's passage through the Southern Market, heading towards the Gate, but after a few moments of scrutiny, they overlook her and pass on, leaving her to continue unhindered.

From her position, all of Rau Kuiku's orders can be heard, and she can see them being carried out. The two youngsters and the other male that originally caught her attention are passing out of the Gate now, but they're being pursued...

~~~

Yuri passes out of the Gateway, relief building in her chest at the sight of her homeland growing ever closer. She's aware of the boy following her, finding that she currently doesn't know how to feel about the fact.

“I'm coming Shasta...” she murmurs, hoping that the Ulian doesn't overreact when the boy appears alongside her...

~~~

PLEASE REMEMBER TO CHECK THE DICE ROLLS BEFORE POSTING!

Seraphi
General Fiction Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
1827 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sumei’s hope that the guards had just been casting a passing glance at her quickly disappears. She hesitates as a commander and five of his men separate from the group and begin to circle around her in order to cut off her escape to the South. Out of the corner of her eye she notices the tall Serpent from the fight with Trillo, the one that used the curved swords, waving at her with a carefree smile on his face. She narrows her eyes in suspicion.

No. She would not make that mistake again.

Ignoring him, she turns her attention back to the guards. There is still enough room to make a break for the gate. Every nerve in her body tells her to run, but what will running do but cause more trouble if she is caught? She could surely take out the guards if it came to a fight, however...

He has skill. I can feel it she glares at Rau Kuiku. He would definitely be trouble.

It takes a few moments, but soon reason overcomes pride. She releases a deep sigh and reluctantly raises her hands in resignation, lifting them up and away from her hips where she had been subconsciously resting them on her axes.

“And what business do I have with him?” she says unpleasantly to the commander, nodding in Rau Kuiku’s direction.
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Group Role Plays All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: