Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Meet Your SBURB Family!

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Role Player's Den -> Group Role Plays
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Topics: 122

Items
Legends
Fables
7870 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Meet Your SBURB Family! Reply with quote

Hey all! Here is where you can post up your character intros! You can provide as much or as little info as you like. Please keep in mind that the race's have been limited to human. I will enter my own character here later.

The RP begins on the day you all receive the game in the mail, so all intros should be set before that. All of the characters don't need to know one another, but they must at least know one other character. You may want to discuss who knows who before posting. Your character can be from anywhere around the planet, but can not live in the same house as another character. Reason for that is explained in the guide.

Other then that, have fun and let's meet those awesome characters!

To Be A Knight
And my first Finished work Death Day
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Topics: 122

Items
Legends
Fables
7870 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: James Hoffman

Pesterchum Handle: Death

Sex: Male

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

At the jangle of the bells hanging from the store's front door, Old Ben looks around to see who's entered. Seeing only me he gives a wave before turning back to whatever he'd been doing. I wave back, craning my neck to try and see just what he's up to. 'That old rocking horse huh? I don't see why he keeps tinkering with it. We both know he's never going to sell it' That horse has been in the shop since before I knew Old Ben, and I've known him most of my life. There's just something about it that keeps him from letting it go. With a shrug to myself I make my way to the back of the store. Skirting the cash register I slip through the workshop and up the back steps to my apartment above. Testing the knob I realize that once again I had forgotten to lock it. 'I really must break this habit. She's not coming back' Pushing inside I feel myself sink inside at the quiet.

My girlfriend of over two years and I had broken up less than a week ago, so the ghost of her presence still seems to be floating around the relatively small space. Tossing my bag on the kitchen counter I make my way to the fridge for a snack. The fridge is still filled with all that god awful health food she insisted was good for both of us. I had tried, I really did, to stick to her health plan, but the Cheetos, they called to me. That led to several of the numerous fights her and I had in the last month of our relationship. It had been fine going in, we had been so happy for a year and a half. 'Then I made the dumb mistake of letting her move in' Pulling out a milkshake, the only palatable part of the health plan, I kick the door shut as I make my way to the couch. Kicking off my shoes a small ironic smile makes it's way to my face. “At least we found out it wouldn't work before the wedding night, no?” My voice bounces off the dark blue walls, and they offer no retort to my foolish question.

As I slug down a few gulps of the strawberry flavored drink I pull out my phone and log into Pesterchum to see if anyone's around. The program takes a few seconds to load but it's all for naught as my friends list shows only black space. So, no one to chat with huh? Guess I should find some other way to distract me from this dismal existence in the void of life. As I finish off the drink my eyes land on the pile of magazines scattered across the coffee table. Fashion and gossip magazines mostly, but the colorful picture of a half naked elf beneath a copy of “People Magazine” catches my eye. 'Oh? A goody?' Pulling it out I realize it's the newest issue of Game Bro, the most prolific gamers magazine out there. “When did this show up?” I ask the silent apartment. Once again, the walls give me no answer. On the cover the word 'SBURB' is prominently displayed with a See section 4 pg.13 tucked neatly beneath it.

A tingle at the back of my mind makes me grin slightly. I know this tickle very well. It's the tickle I get when my gamer sixth sense is activated. Pushing off with my feet I spin sideways and assume the classic “reading on the couch” position with the magazine suspended over my head. Flipping quickly through the pages I find the article about SBURB and begin reading.

“A game like no other. This real time online game is interactive in a way never even thought of before. Using real world tools, get together with your friends and create a whole new universe! An advanced alchemy system, a wide variety of building and weapon options, as well as a hidden power just waiting to be awakened within each and every player makes this game truly the Game Of The Century!” – Andrew Hussie

The page is covered with odd objects, and cool devices that make my heart race. There is just something about it tripping a wire in my brain and without hesitation my hand flies to my phone and I call their toll free number to order a copy. As soon as I hang up I rush to my games room and begin checking over all my gear. 'I just got done upgrading most of my gear, so I should be mostly set. I will need a new router though, this one's starting to go. . . . With that thought in mind I hurry back to the living room and get geared up for a trip to the local computer shop. As I fly out the back door into the shop's parking lot I pull out my phone and start up Pesterchum again. As soon as it's up I send a message to all my friends about the game, begging for someone to join me in the game. -I got one of my feelings again guys. This one, is going to be EPOK!-

To Be A Knight
And my first Finished work Death Day
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Topics: 75
Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Items
Legends
Fables
918 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Wren Oliver

Pesterchum Handle: Biker Chick 3000

Sex: Female

~~~~~~~~~

“Wren, where are you going?”

Her mother's shrill voice cut through the distance between them like a knife through butter, and Wren rolled her eyes and carried on towards the door.

“Same place I go every day at this time, Mum. Over to Elise's for a cupcake. I'll be back soon enough.”

Wren reached up to take her jacket from the coat-hook in the hall, the smell of the aged leather hitting her nostrils instantly. The soft footfalls on the stair behind her told her that her mother was descending without needing to turn and look at the disapproving expression she knew instinctively would be on the older woman's face.

“You spend far too much time over there,” Rhia Oliver stated, folding her arms and trying to make her lithe, 5'1” frame look imposing.

“No I don't,” Wren said abruptly, slipping the jacket on over her shoulders, and grabbing her bag from the floor where she'd dumped it by her feet. She was starting to get irritated already by her mother's meddling and attempts at control. “I won't be long. I'll see you later.”

“What about the shop?!” Rhia said, gesturing forcefully towards the adjoining room full of paintings and sculptures.

“Well, I could be wrong in my assumptions, but I thought that maybe...I dunno, YOU could look after the shop for half an hour by yourself? You know, like you did yesterday? And the day before that. And the day before that. And so on.”

For the first time since her mother had come downstairs, Wren looked at her defiantly, but her air condescendingly questioning. Rhia glared.

“I don't know why I put up with you sometimes,” she said huffily, sauntering off into the other room, long skirt dragging along the floor and her bangle-laden wrists jangling. “You never do anything around here...”

That hit a nerve. Holding back a growl of annoyance, Wren threw her bag back down on the floor and stomped after her mum.

“Well, if that's your attitude, let's see how things go if I actually don't do anything around here, shall we?” she replied, her voice rising in volume. Luckily there were no customers currently in the shop. “If I do 'nothing' it'll make no difference if I stay over at Elise's all fucking day, would it?”

“Don't you take the tone with me!” Rhia said, pointing her finger at her daughter, a gesture she knew only too well Wren hated. “And you do that, you know you won't be getting paid for the day, so I wouldn't recommend it if I were you.”

“I don't care anymore,” Wren said, striding over to the counter, taking up a piece of paper and a pen, an scrawling a message on it. “I just...can't take it!”

When she was done, she took the piece of parchment to her mother and thrust it at her, before storming back out the way she'd entered and picking up her bag. Rhia looked down, reading the legend 'I QUIT!!!' with her daughter's signature following, before tearing after Wren, her face like thunder.

“I'm taking this as your official notice, you know,” she said, waving the piece of paper violently in Wren's face as she exited the building.

“That was the IDEA!” Wren shouted back, turning to face her mother, walking backwards along the street. “And as soon as I'm able, you'll be getting notice that I'm fucking moving out too! So shove that up your arse!”

People in the street were turning to stare at the verbal battle, their faces ranging from amused to disapproving of Wren's language. Wren ignored them, and took full satisfaction in her mother's dumbfounded expression, before turning on her heel, long dark hair whipping around her, the vibrant turquoise tips easily seen in the morning sunlight. She strutted off towards her friend's abode and place of business, hoping by some miracle of chance that Elise had recently bought a punchbag.

~~~

Elise's Little Bakery was in fact a teashop more than an actual bakery. Elise Van Dramen, proprietor and Wren's best friend had inherited the business from her parents. A year before, they'd decided they'd had enough, wanted to retire, and handed the reins over to a nineteen year old Elise, who thrived and took pride in the work she did. Her cupcakes, each one unique and hand decorated, were sought from all over the area.

Wren stomped her way over to the prettily decorated teashop, using her high-heeled Doc Martens to kick an empty lager can across the street in front of her. She reached a bin and stooped down to pick up the can and throw it inside with the other rubbish. As she started to move off, she noticed a yo-yo sat atop the bin. With a slight frown, she reached out and picked it up. There appeared to be nothing wrong with it, so she gave it a test run. It worked perfectly. More than that, it seemed to be of good quality.

“Why would anyone throw you away...?” she murmured, musing to herself, checking it over. The crystal clear surface was unflawed and perfect, as was the rainbow-hued string from which it dangled. She shrugged, rolling up the yo-yo and tucking it inside her pocket, before continuing on to Elise's, trotting up the steps and pushing open the front door. Elise looked up from serving a customer as she entered, and smiled at her friend. She thanked the customer, tossing her platinum blonde curls as she handed over the neatly packaged cupcakes they'd just purchased.

Wren looked around at the familiar surroundings. The teashop was rather busy, so she knew Elise wouldn't have the time to spare currently for Wren to have a good rant to her about her mother. Still, she approached the counter, returning the smile.

“Hey lady!” Elise said grinning. “Come for your daily cupcake fix?”

Without waiting for an answer, she reached for a beautifully decorated cake sat just under the counter. It was delicately frosted in pale pink icing, the edges laced in neat, elaborate swirls of white and a perfectly crafted sugar hummingbird in turquoise and purple sat at the centre amidst a profusion of flowers. Wren smiled, shaking her head in awe as she took the cupcake from her friend and examined it.

“Why do you always have to make me feel guilty for eating these things?” she said with a laugh, her previously bad mood melting away after just two minutes of being in Elise's presence. “Each one of them is...a piece of art. Seriously. It would be a shame to eat it, if the taste didn't match the appearance.”

“Oh you,” Elise said, preening in a jokey manner, before moving to serve another customer.

Wren watched her, leaning against the counter and reluctantly crumbling a chunk of cake from the 'work of art' in her hand, and popping it into her mouth.

“Busy today, I see,” she said, as she slowly chewed, savouring the delicate flavour of raspberries from a layer of flavoured cream at the heart of the cupcake.

Elise nodded, handing the change over to the customer, along with their purchase and a smile.

“Yep, it's been manic,” she admitted, leaning her elbows on the counter. Her dark-brown eyes looked up into Wren's, their expression pondering. “Fight with your Mum again?” she asked.

Wren nodded, and Elise reached out to pat her lightly on the arm, before pointing to the door leading to her living quarters.

“Head on up,” she said. “I'll follow you when I close shop for lunch, okay?”

Wren nodded, shooting her friend a grateful smile, before pushing through the door and heading up the stairs beyond.

~~~

Elise's home was one of those places that Wren just felt relaxed. It wasn't too tidy, but neither was it messy to the point of being unbearable. There were areas of slight disarray that just made one feel that they could slob out and chill. Wren approached the sofa and flopped down into it, closing her eyes and leaning her head back against the cushions. It was huge and soft, and Wren loved it.

An unbranded bag sat on the arm of the sofa, and with the momentum of Wren's weight dropping onto the seat, it slid from the arm and down, landing just beside Wren's thigh. Reluctantly, Wren opened her eyes and looked down. The plain white bag held something reasonably small, much like a DVD or the like. Curiousity overcoming her, she reached down to pick it up and slid the something out into her other hand.

“SBURB...” she read aloud, frowning slightly. She flipped the slim box over, looking on the reverse for more information. After finding none, she opened it, and turned it upside down, watching as a duo of disks and a guidebook fell into her lap. She picked up the disks, finding them to be labelled simply 'DISK 1' and 'DISK 2'. She put them to one side and picked up the guidebook, flicking the little booklet open and scanning the text. Her frown deepened as she read, her expression becoming more puzzled.

“What the fuck...?” she said quietly, as she read terms such as 'Cruxtruder' and 'Totem Lathe'. “Hammerkind... Wrinklefucker...?”

A slightly bewildered look came over her face and she gave a short laugh as she set the guide down, shaking her head slightly. She leaned her head back again, reclosing her eyes, planning on dozing as she waited for Elise to join her. But the game wouldn't be put from her thoughts so easily. She opened her eyes again and glanced down at it in slight annoyance. After a while, she picked up the guide again, along with the two disks. She stared at them for a moment, thinking all the while how dumb it was that she was even giving the thing the time of day. The stuff in the guide had been ludicrous...and yet she was intrigued...

“Right, let's see what you actually are,” she said to the disks in her hand.

Seraphi
General Fiction Mod

Topics: 2

Items
Legends
Fables
1827 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Jillian Knotts

Pesterchum Handle: HouseMouse

“Damn it!” she said kicking the trashcan outside of the courthouse. She contemplated kicking it a few more times until there was a decent sized dent in the metal, but her first outburst had attracted the attention of a nearby security guard – it would not help her case to get arrested for public vandalism. Shrugging her shoulders to protect her exposed neck from the wind and shoving her hands in the pockets of her jacket she marched down the stone steps and into the bustling crowd.

“God damn bastard,” she mumbled under her breath. He was the one who left her! He was the one with obvious commitment issues! And what did he get? He got the house, the car, and – her heart tightened in her chest – custody of the kids! So what if she didn’t have a job? She would go get one! He was the one that convinced her to be a stay-at-home mom in the first place.

She clenched her fists in her pockets, imagining that they were wrapped around his throat.

“Probably had it all planned out from the beginning,” she muttered, shoving her way to the edge of the sidewalk and throwing out her arm to hail a cab. In no time, one of the yellow vehicles came to a grinding halt next to her. She got in, slamming the door behind her, and rattled off the address of her friend Amy. The cabbie, which looked to be some strange combination of Italian, Indian, and Rottweiler, nodded and peeled away from the curb, cursing at oncoming traffic.

~~~

“Jill!”

Jillian waved as she emerged from the cab. She couldn’t help but smile at her friend. Not only had it been a while since they had seen each other, but it was also kind of comical watching her friend, clad in a slim black dress and her hair neatly coiffed, sprinting through the yard, her heels sinking into the ground. “You’re going to kill yourself, running around dressed like that. And shouldn’t you be wearing a coat?” she said as Amy came to a stop in front of her.

“That’s a fine hello,” Amy said breathlessly, adjusting the flopping strap of her dress.

“I forgot tonight was you and the kids’ dinner with Will. I should have come a different day.”

“Don’t be stupid! Tonight’s fine. The plane doesn’t get here for another few hours. You should have come earlier, really. Your stuff has been here for a few days,” she said motioning absently to her house.

“Sorry.”

“Stop apologizing! You’re such a dope.”

They both jumped as the taxi driver cleared his throat.

“Oh right,” Jillian said turning back towards the car.

“Jill, I got-“

“No, no, no. I’ll be mooching off you guys for a bit until I can get my own place, at least let me pay my cab fare,” she scoffed digging around in the inside pocket of her jacket and pulling out a few crinkled twenties. Getting to Amy’s house, which was located in the suburbs on the outskirts of the outskirts of the city, was not a cheap trip. It was not enough. “Um...”

“Here,” Amy pushed her way up to the cab window and, opening the clasp of her small black purse, handed two crisp hundred dollar bill to the driver. “Keep the change.” The cabbies eyes lit up at the large tip. He thanked her in garbled English and took off down the street.

“Amy...”

“What do you say?”

“But-“

“Noooo,” Amy wagged her finger in Jillian’s face. “What do you say?” she repeated.

“Thanks...” Jillian sighed.

There was a short pause before both of them laughed. Amy enveloped her friend in a warm hug and led her towards the door to her house.

“I’ve been so busy we haven’t had the time to get together. I’m sorry it had to be like this,” Amy frowned, rubbing Jillian’s arm in a comforting manner.

Jillian shrugged and gave a crooked smile. “Shit happens.”

Amy raised one eyebrow and rolled her eyes. “You have to be more upset than that!”

“Well duh,” Jillian said, swatting at Amy’s hand as the woman pinched her arm.

“Then act like it!” she huffed. As they reached the door Amy paused, hand on the knob. “And Jason and Amanda...?” she asked tentatively.

“I get to visit every other weekend, and there will be no talks of joint custody until I have a steady job,” Jillian said, enveloping Amy’s hand and turning the handle of the door for her, walking over the threshold.

“Jill, that’s not fair!” her friend said following her inside and shutting the door.

“Of course its not! But what else am I supposed to do?”

“You could get an appeal! Say the judge was bribed or, or...I don’t know! Something!

“Toby!” Jillian shouted turning away from Amy as a chubby Corgi ran into the foyer, paws clicking, stubby tail wagging. Jillian knelt down and began to pet the dog, doing her best to avoid his tongue. “He’s gotten fatter,” she said poking the dog’s plump middle. Toby took this as a sign that she would like to pet him, so he rolled on his back and wiggled along the marbled floor until Jillian began to scratch his belly.

“You’re changing the subject, Jill...”

“Look, you know how I hate having other people worry about me. I’ll figure something out. All I ask is that you feed me and let me use your shower until I do.”

Amy stared at her for a few minutes, eventually sighing and throwing her hands in the air.

“You’re so stubborn!” she said stomping over to the staircase leading to the second floor. “Sam, Erin, Emily! Let’s go, we’ve got traffic to get through!”

“Don’t get your panties in a twist, mom!” Sam, Amy’s oldest, shouted.

“Blame Jill, not me! And don’t you talk to your mother that way!

“Aunt Jill’s here?” came a chorus of voices.

All of a sudden there was the sound of scrambling footsteps and three children appeared on the landing of the second story. Amy’s twin girls, Erin and Emily, who always wore ponytails with matching pink ribbons, bounded down the stairs and peeled across the foyer. They squealed with delight when they made contact with Jillian, who hugged them fondly.

“Hey, oldest first!” came a boy’s voice. Jillian looked to see Sam hopping across the landing, still tying his shoe as he went.

The twins laughed. “Slowpoke, Sam!” they sing-songed. He blew a raspberry at them as he finally got his shoe tied and he ran the rest of the way to the top of the stairs. “Hi, Aunt Jill!”

“Now how come you guys aren’t this happy to see me?” Amy said, putting her hand over her heart in mock hurt.

“We get to see you everyday, mom, it’s not as exciting,” Sam said sliding down the banister, landing with a slight stumble next to his mother.

“You...” Amy said giving him a light tap on the head before letting him run over to Jillian.

“Hey, Sam, how are you?” Jillian said ruffling his hair.

The boy looked thoughtful for a moment before his lips curled into a smile and he spoke. “Sorry that bastard bumped that blonde bitch and broke your heart, Aunt Jill.”

“Sam! Language!” Amy tutted.

“Sorry, mom,” he said in an unapologetic tone. Turning to Jillian he whispered, “She tells me off, but she’s the one that told me to say it in the first place.”

Jillian grinned and the twins giggled into their hands.

“Coats, girls,” Amy beckoned to the twins, trying to hide the smile on her face. Erin and Emily went to their mother, who quietly told them to never repeat what their brother had just said as she guided their arms into sleeves. Sam, his coat already on, continued to talk to Jillian.

“What are you going to do while we’re gone, Aunt Jill?”

“Dunno. What do you recommend?”

“Mom has boring old lady books you could read.” He smiled as Amy let out a short “Hey!” before continuing. “Or you could do something interesting. I’ll let you play my video games.”

“You’ll let me? Really?” Jillian said smiling, going along with the boy’s suggestion.

“Yeah. I have a whole bunch. Even mom plays them sometimes.”

“I’m not very good, though,” Amy said ushering the coat-clad twins towards the hallway leading to the garage. “That one fighting game is fun. What’s it called, Sam?”

“Street Fighter.”

“Yeah,” Amy said tapping the side of her nose and winking at Jillian so that Sam could not see. “Who’s that character I like? Chumley?”

Chun-Li, mom!” Sam sighed in exasperation, his cheeks turning pink in embarrassment. “What you said isn’t even a girl name!”

“Oh how silly of me,” Amy said, covering her mouth with her hand to keep herself from laughing.

“You’re so weird,” Sam mumbled, running after his sisters. Amy couldn’t help the chuckle that escaped her lips as she watched him go.

“You can come if you want, Jill” Amy said turning to her friend as the boy disappeared into the garage.

“Nah. You guys have fun. Toby will keep me company,” Jillian nodded at the Corgi leaning against her leg. “Tell Will I said hi.”

Amy opened her mouth to say something, but, thinking better of it, closed it again and nodded. “Alright. Try not to burn the whole house down while we’re out,” she teased.

“Spoiler of all my fun. Fine then, I’ll only burn half,” Jillian said sticking out her tongue.

Amy smiled and shook her head, closing the door behind her. A few moments passed before Jillian heard the engine start and watched the grey SUV pull out of the garage and into the street. She waved as they drove away, Amy beeping the horn briefly in goodbye. As soon as they were out of sight, Jillian sighed and looked down at Toby.

“Hungry?”

The dog barked and scampered towards the kitchen.

~~~

“I forgot how good Amy’s lasagna is,” Jillian patted her stomach, ambling down the stairs to the basement, Toby in tow under the crook of her left arm. “I feel sorry for you that your food isn’t nearly as delicious.”

When she reached the bottom of the stairs she placed Toby on the floor. The dog immediately trotted over to the couch in front of the television and bounced up onto the cushions.

“I’m pretty sure you’re not supposed to be up there,” Jillian said to the dog, but did not bother to remove him from the couch as she sat down. Toby nestled in next to her leg and sighed in contentment. “Let’s see what’s on the tube,” she grabbed the remote and hit the power button.

After a few minutes of surfing through crap, reruns, and crappy reruns, she turned off the television and laid her head back on the cushions. “Why is there never anything on?” she asked Toby, scratching him behind the ears. The dog answered with a deep sigh.

She peered around the room at a loss for what to do. Her eyes alighted on Sam’s XBOX 360 and she shrugged. “Why not?” She leaned forward and got up. Toby rolled to the side as his weight shifted into the empty spot Jillian left, grumbling slightly, obviously put out that she had left him.

“Oh hush. I’ll be back,” she said rolling her eyes. Never had she met a more dramatic dog.

She walked over to the entertainment center and pulled open the cabinet where she knew the games would be. As the door swung out she was swiftly assaulted by an avalanche of books, controllers, plastic cases, and the odd candy wrapper. She curled her toes up to keep them from getting poked by any sharp edges and watched as the mass of objects pooled around her feet. Ah, the classic shove-everything-in-one-spot-to-make-it-look-like-I-cleaned maneuver.

Smiling and shaking her head, Jillian knelt down and started to pick up the mess. She was through half of it, placing the guides in a pile with their corresponding games, when she saw Toby sneak over and pick something up from the things she had yet to organize.

“Toby! Drop it!” Jillian grabbed the little dog by the middle as he tried to scuttle away and pulled him towards her. She smacked the top of his nose. “Drop it,” she said more sternly.

Toby looked at her reproachfully before reluctantly opening his mouth and dropping the guidebook he had between his teeth.

“Go sit over there, you little sausage,” she said shooing him towards the bean bag chairs. Toby wandered over and plopped into one of the chairs, groaning and giving her a pathetic pout.

“Not going to work,” Jillian turned away from the sulking dog. “SBURB?” she said as she wiped the slobber off of the rescued booklet onto her pants. Her son, Jason, had almost every game imaginable, but she had never heard of this one. She flipped through the pages, her eyebrows rising in question at some of the terms and diagrams. It all seemed very confusing, but it couldn’t be any worse than any of the other games she didn’t know how to play. Deciding to give it a try, she began searching through the remains of the mess for the two discs the guide said she would need.

sagittaeri
Scifi/Experimental Mod

Topics: 16

Items
Legends
Fables
1341 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Jacob Wiles (aka Jake)

Pesterchum Handle: WolverineRules!!!

Sex: Male

Jake wedged the blade of his penknife into the crack in between the window-sill and the window. Looking around surreptitiously, he gave it a wiggle and a heave, parting the window an inch. Sticking his fingers into the gap, he slowly slid the window all the way up.

For whatever reason, people in Cardiff seem to always forget to lock their kitchen windows. East Londoners, where he was from, were usually a lot more careful. After climbing in, the young man shut it behind him. Satisfied that he hadn't set off an alarm, he pulled open the large stainless steel refrigerator and glanced at its contents. Leftover ham? Perfect. Jake ripped open its packaging and stuffed the thin layers of dry-cured meat into his mouth. He hasn't had any for weeks! Before closing the fridge, the young man took out a half-filled carton of orange juice, briefly checking its expiry date. Still good for two days.

Opening a few cupboards, it took him a minute to figure out where the mugs were stored. No wine glasses? That was too bad. He was looking forward to sampling some of the house owner's wine collection. While pouring himself a glass of orange juice, he examined the calendar pinned up against the wall next to the fridge. It appeared the owners were returning on Sunday. Dammit, he had hoped to stay here a little longer.

Bringing the juice with him, the young man stepped out of the kitchen and into the living room. His eyes casually scanned above the fireplace, where several framed family photos were lined up along the mantelpiece, separated only by a large ornate vase in the middle. They looked like a proper happy family. A beautiful mother, a scholarly father, and two teenage sons, each one taking after one of their parents.

It was a stark contrast to his own family. Memories of his childhood danced around his head. An unemployed drunkard father who was a little loose with his fists. A whore of a mother who spent most of her 'earnings' on heroin. Both parents had wasted no opportunity in constantly reminding their son on how he was the black hole for their precious little booze and smack money. As a child, he had not known any better, and had believed all their misery was his doing. However, one day, it all changed. He grew up. He broke free of them, and it was well worth it, even though it came with a three-year-sentence to a juvenile centre. In fact, it was the best thing to have ever happened to him --- the 'young offenders institute' was where he had made his true friends!

Speaking of which. He pulled out a cheap mobile phone from his back pocket and punched in Adrian's number. While waiting for his friend to pick up, he walked over to where the large flat screen TV was, set his glass down on the coffee table and made himself comfortable on the three-seater leather couch. A Playstation 3 and an XBOX 360. Looks like he had hit a jackpot with this house.

"Alright?" Adrian finally picked up.

"Mate, where yer at? Are yer comin' 'ere or what?" Jake immediately asked.

"Oh, Jakey? Sorry mate, got caught up with sumthin' is all."

"Get uncaught, then. This 'ouse is proper grand. They got---" Jake inspected one of the glass shelves next to the flat screen. "FIFA, Need for Speed, GTA, all our favourites."

"What 'bout the new Halo? They got that?"

"Yeah mate. And, I hasn't seen the bedrooms yet, but I bet they're well big."

"Sounds like a proper place. Mate, I'll do me best to 'urry, okay?"

Jake smiled. "Sure thing. Bring us some weed. I'm down to me last joint!"

Laughter could be heard from the phone. "Sure thing, grass boy. Oh, uh, also, 'appy twenty-first birthday!"

Smiling, the young man tossed his phone onto the coffee table and switched the TV on with the remote. 'Need for Speed' was already loaded into the console. Perfect. With a grin on his face, Jake grabbed a game controller and started playing. It was now his goal to beat the owner's high score!

"Jakey!" screamed his mother. Her long brown hair was in disarray as she sauntered towards the teenager who was sitting at the top of the stairwell. It was obvious she had just stumbled out of bed.

Jake felt his chest tighten a little. Quickly, he slipped the book he was reading into the bag next to him. Not this again. Only one more year and he would be eighteen, and then he would be free from this house, he told himself.

His mother's bony hands gripped his arm and yanked him up violently. "Where's the money?"

"I already given you 'alf---" the teenager tried to explain.

Slap!

"Don't you dare talk back to me! I don't care 'ow much you bloody given me, give me the rest of it!"

The seventeen year old's expression darkened as he looked down. "I already spent it," he responded stiffly. It was a lie, but it was his hard-earned money from delivering newspapers.

She screamed a few profanities furiously at him. Jake didn't understand why this was happening. Normally, whatever he had given them was enough for their booze and smack. "...spent on useless books, you good for nothin' piece of crap!" she pointed accusatorially at his bag.

Crap, so she had seen the book after all. He hadn't actually spent a penny on any book. However, the teenager kept his silence. He didn't want to explain that he had stolen the book from a local library to save up some money.

"Stop shoutin'!" yelled his father suddenly from below, which was a surprise, because he was usually passed out at this hour with a bottle in his arms. They could hear him scavenging the kitchen cupboards below.

"Forget it, Ernest," his mother leaned over the stairwell railing and shrieked. "Get used to not 'aving any bloody whiskey, I 'aven't had a customer in weeks!"

Customer? It was then Jake understood. He couldn't stop his mouth from curving upwards a little. No one wanted to bed his mother anymore! That was why she was out of money.

"What are you smilin' at?" she gripped his arm roughly again. "You think your mother's too old and wrinkly, do you?" she squeezed her nails into his skin.

"No, I---I didn't say that! Let me go!" the teenager tried to pull free as a drop of blood trickled down his arm.

"You think your mother's a dirty whore, don't you? Who do you think puts food on your table!"

"I'm sorry, p-please, you're hurting me," the teenager pleaded, starting to feel frightened. Usually, it was his father who hits him. His mother had never done any more than slap him.

"Maybe it's time for you to earn your keep," she sneered. "There are lots of perverts out there who would pay for you!"

Horrified at her words, Jake kicked her in the stomach in protest, throwing his mother backwards down the stairwell. She tumbled over her shoulder a few times before reaching the bottom. Everything seemed to move in slow motion as the teenager peered over the steps. His mother wasn't moving.

"Mum?" he called out softly. Then, he waited. And waited.

"What the hell did you bloody do now!" yelled his father in rage. The large man stepped over his mother and climbed up the stairs towards him.

Terrified, the teenager backed away and reached for his penknife.

Sitting awake suddenly, Jake wiped the sweat from his brow and looked around. It was dark outside and the flat screen TV was showing 'Game Over'. Cursing softly, the young man stood up and switched on the lights. He shouldn't fall asleep after smoking weed. It always gave him nightmares.

Where was Adrian? He picked up his phone from the coffee table. No messages. Sighing, he walked towards the stairwell and climbed up to the upper floor. Maybe his mate was arrested by the Cardiff police for loitering, or something. Nothing he could do now --- might as well go to bed and check again tomorrow.

Lights?

Underneath one of the bedroom doors, he could see flickering. Was there anyone home? He was sure --- he had triple checked and everything, making sure no one was in the house! Silently tip toeing towards the door, he pressed his ear against it. Silence. Maybe someone had left a lamp on? His chest was thumping nervously. Pushing his palm against the door lightly, the door slowly opened.

Jake let out a breath of relief. It was a computer. Someone didn't turn off their computer. Rich families tend do that sometimes. Suddenly feeling a little silly for getting nervous, he strode into the room with over-compensated confidence.

This room must have belonged to one of the teenage boys. The young man smiled widely --- there was a large collection of comic books on the bookshelf! He pulled one out and examined its cover. Green Arrow. He had always wanted to read them when he was a kid! It was too bad this family would be back here so soon. He put the comic book back wistfully and looked around some more. Medals, certificates and awards were scattered all around. The owner of the room was an overachiever. Jake briefly wondered if this could had been his life, if he was born into this family.

Shrugging off his traitorous thoughts, he pulled out a chair and sat in front of the computer. There was no point in dwelling in the hypotheticals. His father had been a violent drunk. His mother had been a drug addict whore. And he had been convicted for a 'double manslaughter by provocation'. That was it. His real life.

Grabbing hold of the mouse, he minimised the window of the 'Pesterchum' chat program. From the size of the contact list, it looked like this kid had a respectable amount of friends. Jake began searching the desk desperately for another game he could play. He needed the distraction. Then, he noticed a package labeled 'SBURB' sitting next to the printer. Without wasting any time, he ripped it open.

kkdestiny
Mayor

Topics: 56

Items
Legends
Fables
119 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Samantha Clifford (Sam)

Persterchum Handle: Crazycrazy

Reaching over, Sam grabbed a can of pop she had retrieved earlier. It was still cold, cool. She popped open the tab and took a long slurp from it as she sat back and looked over the conversation she had been having for the last half hour or so. It was a philosophical chat about the rainforest and the Ozone layer. God, she loved her chat friends.

Since she was taking break, she stretched out in her chair and chilled for a moment. Another slurp.

She looked over to the wall with a painted bulls-eye on it for a moment. If only she could come up with a way to make the incredibly large human population more tolerable for the planet, and at the same time make it more comfortable for humans.

She sighed, and picked up the Nerf gun she kept next to her computer. Why did people have to make it so hard to help them?
She needed another plan, since her last one wouldn't be able to work out.

Lazily, and without putting much effort into seriously aiming, she pulled the trigger and watched as the suction-cupped dart stuck, just one ring from the red dot. She smiled a little.

"Damn. I need a better break than this."

She returned her attentions to the small Pesterchum window just long enough to BRB, and got up and stretched again.

She re-adjusted her PJ pants and made her way to the staircase. Maybe she'd visit the kitchen, she was starving.

After trekking up the stairs, and using the bathroom, she reached her destination. She had already envisioned what she might be interested in eating, but she had a look over anyways. She just needed to make sure what she had in mind wasn't claimed by one of her roommates.

She picked out a can of Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup, and started heating it up.
As she was heating a pan and buttering the bread for a grilled cheese sandwich, her phone went off. She reached down and grabbed the thing out of her clip on phone holder. She looked at the screen, Moko.

She smiled and answered the phone. "Yellow."

She pinched the device in-between her ear and shoulder, getting to work unwrapping the cheese slices.

"Hey," said the voice on the other end. It was always nice to hear from her girlfriend."Sup?"

"Just calling to let you know I might be little late coming over."

Her eyes roamed over to the clock on the stove. It was already 3 pm. "How late?"

"I...I'm not sure. I need to wait to see if I get the package today."

Remembering that the games she had ordered for Moko and herself were to come in today, she glanced out the large living room window. A UPS truck came to a rolling stop in front of the house.

"Mine might be coming in right now."

"Oh. Well then, I'll just keep an eye out then."

Sam silently nodded as she watched the man exit the vehicle and make his way to the back.

A small smile crawled onto her face as she remembered a comment her girlfriend's mother had made once about UPS guys. He made his way towards the door. Sam was pretty sure he hadn't seen her so she hung out by the inner door and listened.

After a few knocks, the man left. She sighed in relief and peeked out just in time to watch him get in the truck and leave.
Good, she didn't want to deal with signing off when they didn't really need it.

She shoved one of the three cats away as she made her way to the door and opened it to retrieve the package.

"Uh...hello?"

She laughed a little. "Sorry, just avoiding the UPS guy."

"Riiight. What is with you avoiding them?"

"Meh. I just don't like signing."

There was a slight pause, "ok, then."

She went over and checked on her soup. It was definitely hot by now. She unhinged her neck, and put the phone on speaker. Turning off the burner for the soup, she began working on the sandwich. "You know...I wanna cuddle."

In response, she got a fake exasperated sigh. She smiled.

"We will, ok?"

"I know...but I want it now."

"Well, waaaait!"

"Yes, mom."

"Hey, now!"

They both laughed a little. "Anyways, I'm making food right now, and I'll probably be chatting soon. Then I'm gunna check this thing out."

"I guess I can wait then, and you can tell me what you figure out and help me?"

Sam bit the inside of her cheek a little. She really didn't want to be the one to do all the research.

"...Or you can just boot the game up, explore it on your own,
and I'll just help you out if I find something interesting I think you should know."

"Ok, sounds good."

With her soup cooling down, and her sandwich about ready to be plated...
now would be a good time to grab something extra and heat that up.

"Oh, it's here!"

"Cool." she called to it as she walked to the cuboard where the nutrisystem things were. No one else ate them, and she didn't mind them. They made cool snacks.
She reached for the herb flatbread pizza.

On her way she was met face to face by Night, who was at about eye level; on the cat-tree.

"Hey there, Night. How are you doin'?" She ruffled his ears.

"What?"

"Nothing, just talking to the cat," she called over to the phone.

"Which one?"

"Night."

"Oh. Hey, I'm gunna talk to you later. I need to eat lunch.'

"Moko, It's past three PM." she pointed out jokingly.

"I know, since when do I ever eat normal lunch though?"

Sam smiled again and looked over at her almost completed plate of food. It was her breakfast.

"I know. I'm having breakfast right now"

"And you're yelling at me?"

"I was joking, Moko."

"I know."

"Moko, get going. I gotta go downstairs, and check out this game."

She glanced over at the package, a feeling of electric-like shivers of excitement started firing through-out her body.

The two said their goodbyes and Sam put her phone away. Grabbing her food, she stopped by the door to the big room. With her eyes closed, she listened for any noise, any sign of life. Not hearing any, she assumed that roommate was at school. The dog was gone, and the other upstairs neighbor was nowhere to be seen. Probably off buying something for the house.

After returning to the basement where she belonged, and plopping down infront of the screen, she looked over the chat to check out what she missed. There was a lot - too much to really want to catch up on, so she typed in a quick bye, and closed out.

She ripped open the box, and looked at the guide cooly before deciding to at least scan through it. Some of the terms and graphs were confusing,
but they were intriguing and she could always look at those closer when she needed to.

But for now, she just needed to focus on getting the damned thing installed.

"The Freedom of Magic" Just got its THIRD chapter up!

Hope you all find the time to read them Very Happy *goes off to look for an SG to read*

Note to self: The Elven Moon; Coin; SVI; Black Animals; Two Wolves; Angel Cat
misterbiz
Horror Mod

Topics: 50

Items
Legends
Fables
2895 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Artemis Retsam

Persterchum Handle: KingPoe13

Artemis sat at his desk in his study, staring blankly at the laptop screen in front of him. The cursor simply sat on the empty document and flashed at him. Taunting him. The last week had been nothing but him writing out a load of drivel and then deleting it once he could no longer stand the words that flowed from his fingertips. Now he was once again back at the start. Before his eyes the image of the document disappeared and was replaced by his screensaver, a random assortment of pictures of the same scantily clad woman.

As she appeared on the screen, he looked away long enough to pick up the glass of whiskey that sat on the desk beside the computer. He picked it up and gave a slight toasting motion to his screen.

“Here's to you, dollface,” he said before downing all of the liquid within the glass and setting it down on the desk. After setting the glass down, his eyes landed on the objects that accompanied it on the desk. Next to the glass of ice was a smartphone. The only way of contacting the outside world he used. Sadly, the only people he ever spoke to nowadays were his agent and his publisher. Sitting just a couple inches away from the phone was a handgun, in case he wanted to go the way of Hemingway.

His hand reached up and he let his fingers trace over the details of the gun, entertaining the idea once more of place the gun into his mouth and pulling the trigger. This was a fantasy that had played repetitively in his mind, ever since he had found just how deep his depression could become. As he imagined swallowing a bullet once more, the theme from the movie Psycho started to erupt from his phone. His hand left the gun and he answered it.

“Yeah?” he said.

“Artie, baby,” his agent's voice said. “Vanessa says you aren't picking up your phone and she's getting a little antsy.”

“Don't worry, Phil, I'm still alive.”

“Good, now what do you have for me. Please tell me you at least have something we can present to the bitch. A chapter, an idea, a sentence, something.”

“Sorry. Guess I got a blockage,” Artemis said.

“No need to be sorry, hombre, you just need to get that little twisted mind of yours flowing again. You open the gift I left you the other day, I tried waking you but you were booze sleeping.”

“No. Didn't open it. Figured it was just the first prints of Summertime Slaughter.”

Phil let out a laugh on the other end. It was a meaty, wet laugh and in his mind, Artemis could picture the portly man having to wipe some slobber off the phone once he was done speaking.

“No. I've stopped trying to give your own books to you. No, I left you some horror DVDs, comics, porn, you know, the stuff that I know gets your wheels turning. Also, threw in something else. Video Game. Quite new, everybody and their dog is playing this shit. Maybe that'll help you out.”

“Thanks, Phil. I'll be sure to give it a look.”

“No problema, pal,” Phil said before hanging up.

Artemis lowered the phone from his ear and without looking at it, he opened the back of it and pulled the battery out. After reassembling the phone without the battery, he placed both pieces in his pocket and rose from his chair. Without putting much effort into his steps, he shuffled into the living area and stared at the cube of brown paper that sat on his couch.

For a moment, he just stood in the doorway and looked at the wrapped box. He didn't know why he was even bothering. He hadn't written anything tolerable in months. His agent loved it but then again, it was his job to appreciate whatever he put out, even if it was just a piece of paper he pissed on, Phil would praise the everloving shit out of it.

Running one hand through his lengthy crimson locks, Artemis strolled over and stood in front of the couch. With both hands, he lifted up the box and tore the paper off and tossed it into the fireplace which was in the process of dying. Without much difficulty, he tore the box underneath open and pulled out the first object. A copy of his novel, Summertime Slaughter. He smirked.

“Lying bastard,” he mumbled before tossing the book into the fire causing it to be reborn slightly. Sitting down he started to pull out the contents. Sure enough there were a handful of vintage comics, some classic slasher flicks from the '80s, about ten different pornographic magazines from different publishers and a copy of a video game. His eyes found the title and he arched an eyebrow.

“SBURB?” he said aloud. “Someone finally managed to come up with a shittier title than me.” He rose and placed the game in his study. He managed to take a step away before curiosity creeped into his mind. As a kid, he had always enjoyed a good video game, enjoying them for their stories most of all and secretly hoping the princess would always get eaten up.

Turning around he sat down and stared at the case for a long while before deciding to see what the fuss was about.

The Airwings Oracle
Tourist

Topics: 3

Items
Legends
Fables
151 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Moko Mjölnir

Pesterchum Handle: MadCat

X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X

A loud bout of cussing sounded from a small hallway as Moko shuffled in through the back door to her house. In her arms, she carried several small bags and a large black portfolio. Water droplets hit the hardwood floor as she ambled in, her shoes making awkward squishing noises.

"I swear next time that guy hits me with his hose, I'll make him wish he hadn't." She grumbled and set her supplies on the counter before opening her portfolio. "I hope he didn't damage my sketch paper. It's friggin' expensive." Peeking in tentatively, she placed a hand on the large drawing pad and felt around. "Okay, everything seems good." She sighed in relief and set the portfolio back down before looking back the way she came. Water trailed across the room and pooled around her feet. Mumbling, she peeled her black moccasins off and set them in front of the heat vent. “Well, I'd better take care of this,” she said, glancing at her soaking clothes. “ That package is supposed to come today...at least that's what Sam said.” She smiled a little and wandered up the narrow stairwell to her room, tossing her shirt and other clothing articles into a half-open hamper.

After a quick run in the shower and a new change of clothes, Moko was ready to get back to work. Her first order of business was to clean up the lake she'd left in the kitchen, then sort her supplies out in her little studio room upstairs. Soon, a towel was tossed onto the puddle and Moko was back upstairs with her art supplies. She attempted to find a place for them and gave up, instead settling on shoving them into a white cabinet. “Good enough.” She sighed and wandered back across the hall into her room before flopping onto her bed. It was a welcomed sight...which was quickly interrupted by a mound of fur flopping onto her face. “MMPH!” Her irritated yell was quickly met by a rather low purr. Hands grasped a large furry mass and pulled it off to the side. “Russ, what do you think you're doing?” She glanced at a ginger and white Maine Coon draped across her bed, pawing the air lazily. He looked up at her and purred louder. “You're kind of the biggest dork cat ever, you know.” Moko smiled and rubbed behind the giant furball's ears. “I should probably call Sam up soon and see if she got her game yet. What do you think bud?”
The big feline looked up at his provider with a lazy smile and purred. “I'll take that as a yes then.” Her phone sat on the edge of her nightstand. Checking it, she found a text from Sam asking “Hey did you get it yet?” Yeah, it was time to give her a call...impatient bugger.
(For the phone conversation, please refer to KK's post <3 )

After she had finished her phone call with her girlfriend, Moko paced around, waiting for the mail woman. Leave it to her to be late again. Moko had to go and pick snail mail. Not wanting to wait at the door forever, she decided to go down for a small nap on the couch. Russ eventually came along and found her, which usually meant she'd have a stomach warmer for a while. The sound of Russ creeper purring in her ear woke the blonde up with a start. She whipped around to check the clock.
“Aww man, it's almost 6. Why didn't you wake me up Russ?” Scrambling off the couch, she scuttled over to the front door and peeked outside. The flag on her mailbox was up! Shoeless, she dashed outside and flung the mailbox door down. There it sat in a big hefty envelope. Eyes wide, she grabbed the contents of the mailbox, slammed the cover shut, flicked the flag down and dashed into the house. Moko had a phone call to make and a game to play.
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Group Role Plays All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: