Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
The Arena (Special Linear)

(currently a favorite of 1 user)
   Storygames Home -> Linear Lane - Linear stories, Critiques and writing competitions. -> Linear District
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author Chapter
kkdestiny
Mayor

Topics: 56

Items
Legends
Fables
119 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:09 pm    Post subject: The Arena (Special Linear) Reply with quote

I decided to take one of those two-word-at-a-time games and expand it.

This first post has the end result.

Without food, she sat with it looming over her. It had to be fought for. Her eyes glanced around the coliseum and for a split second she saw what seemed to be the light of a holo-scanner in the distance, but it then began. The lion that was waiting pounced from its pedestal, claws extended, sharp and gleaming in the mercurial light. She stiffened sharply, and let her senses take over.

Her time reflex allowed her hydraulic arm to strike the beast. The glancing blow was just enough to startle the beast and allow her to get another hit. She crushed its skull with a powerful hammer bash. But the fight was not over.

Another beast was released by the labyrinth. She retreated quickly to the next chamber. Turning down her energy levels, she attempted to remove any signs of her presence. Her breath was masked by a dripping noise that she found quite soothing despite its constant echo ringing throughout the chamber. She slowly crept forward and licked her fingers clean. A fresh gust of wind lifts the dust from her boots and brings with it a smell that calms her fragile nerves.

With a low growl, Yvonne started stalking around, baring her metal claws. The beast was close, but she was ready for it. A sudden sharp pain in her tooth caused her to wince, but she never was going to bite a foonut so she bared down on it, claws reaching into her pocket for her special barbed knife.

She stabbed through its left paw with the knife. The creature hissed, but soon it morphed, forming a more robotic incarnation of itself. However she was ready, and dodged its metal jaws with a swift turn and delivered the final blow.

Fin.

"The Freedom of Magic" Just got its THIRD chapter up!

Hope you all find the time to read them Very Happy *goes off to look for an SG to read*

Note to self: The Elven Moon; Coin; SVI; Black Animals; Two Wolves; Angel Cat
Author Chapter
kkdestiny
Mayor

Items
Legends
Fables
119 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(working in small chapters I guess Razz )

The news fluttered around the palace like leaves in a storm. It was everywhere – on screens, on fliers, on the lips of all those within the royal halls. It was whispered everywhere from the High Council Chambers, to the smallest supply closet, where other servants hid to talk amongst themselves.

The selection for the Autumn Training was starting, and Yvonne couldn’t escape word of it even if she tried. And sometimes she did try, when it was too much, like today.

Her soft, light weight clothes practically flapped along with her as she walked briskly through the hallways. If she focused on her destination, and her task, she might miss some of the chatter. Her task? To bring the newly cleaned laundry to the prince’s room. The task needed to be done, because the prince preferred if the service matched the historical beauty of the palace. It was an ideal that Yvonne couldn’t completely understand, yet she could not argue against the way it brought her close to him. The thought alone could always bring a smile to her face, especially when she thought about how he always smiled when he saw her too.

As she arrived at the prince’s room, she shifted the large basket onto her hip to balance it long enough to knock on the door. A pause, and another knock that would go unanswered. After her second pause, she decided that he probably wasn’t in, and opened the door. Looking around, she made sure that she was correct, and then wandered directly over to the bed, where she set the basket down and went ahead sorting his clothes to be put away.

The focus on her task, and the warm feeling of being in his room put her in her own little world. And in this peaceful world of hers, there was no mention of the Autumn Training coming up.

“Ah, the pretty one is back.”

Hope you all find the time to read them Very Happy *goes off to look for an SG to read*

Novelest_Ninjagirl
Respected Citizen

Topics: 13

Items
Legends
Fables
175 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno if you were looking for feedback, but I like it! It's really intriguing to see someone take a game like that and twist it into something to actually write about! I'm liking this, can't wait to see if there's more!
Author Chapter
kkdestiny
Mayor

Items
Legends
Fables
119 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, there's more XP Im glad you like it though....its gunna take a while to get to the end point of the story.

Novelest_Ninjagirl
Respected Citizen

Topics: 13

Items
Legends
Fables
175 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I suppose that this too has fallen to the wayside, I'm still excited about it!
Seraphi
General Fiction Mod

Topics: 2

Items
Legends
Fables
1827 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, kk! I'm really liking this (as Noni said, I like how you took this game and are morphing it into a story of your own). I also really like how the chapters are shorter. It fits with how it started and seems to flow very nicely that way. Can't wait for more. :3
Author Chapter
kkdestiny
Mayor

Items
Legends
Fables
119 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hearing his voice, she turned around, almost immediately lowering hr eyes. "Please,sir...there are other pretty servants.."

There was a chuckle as she saw his sandled feet step closer. "Don't call me sir..."

A light touch to her neck raised her chin so that she was looking drectly into his eyes, and for a moment she stood breathless.

"and there is none so pretty as the one I see nearly everyday..."

There, she stood frozen. Was she frightened? Perhaps a little, but what was really keeping her there was her uncertainty. These kinds of interactions between servants and royalty were nearly unheard of, and she wasn't sure how she should feel about it. Eventually, she opted to not move without permission.

"So you say.." Do not call him sir. "...prince. But I think your flattery is unfounded."

There is another pause between the two before he sighed and let go, just as gently as he had taken hold of her attention in the first place. She could almost relax, but his hand, instead of leaving completely, moved to the small of her back, gently pressing her closer to him, yet not touching.

"You say that everytime...one day, you're going to hurt my feelings."

She heard the playful tease in his voice and blushed slightly. Thoughts ran through her head. She should end this soon, it probably wouldnt be good if they were visited by other royalty, and she had other work to do.

"Si-...prince...it is my duty to serve you...I can't do that as anything more."

"Hmm...then you have never had a lover. Otherwise, you'd know that to be false."

Seraphi
General Fiction Mod

Topics: 2

Items
Legends
Fables
1827 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The prince is quite cheeky...and kind of creepy XD (that might just be me though, lol). I can't wait to see what unfolds next. Keep up the great work, kk Smile
Author Chapter
kkdestiny
Mayor

Items
Legends
Fables
119 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'vonne's blush increased and she glanced away. She knew he seemed to fancy her in some sence, and he was nice to be around despite his teasing. It was difficult though, to know her place and try to keep to it despite hisand her own selfish desires.

The quiet settled between them, and finally his arm slipped away and it felt like his unspoken offer slipped away with him. She felt a gentle pull from the need to satisfy a curiousity. it wasn't that she didn't want him, she would be honored to have his attentions, but it was more like she wouldn't know how to think about being in an increasingly complicated situation.

Being a servant was simple. Even beig a concubine was simple. But she didn't just want to be a concubine, someone who served her prince through bodily acts.

"Y'vonne."

She blinked and looked up to see him smile gently. "You do a lot of thinking for someone who always brushes off my compliments."

"Sorry, sir, I'll get back to work." she answered immediately and by reflex.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Linear District All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: