Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Chapter 3: The Meeting
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Battle to the End - Yahoo: Mind over Magic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chainfire

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: Chapter 3: The Meeting  

So far: Yahoo arrives in Vlusos and runs into three ruffians at the Wormy Dog tavern he is staying at. After showing the ruffians what-for he meets a mysterious gentleman and a young musician...

Yahoo watched as Jakeen’s mind worked over his options and slowly came to a decision.
Jakeen turned to the taverner and accepted his offer.

Yahoo had expected no less of him but still he didn’t want him playing again unless he could be present to make sure Jakeen didn’t lose control of his magic, but it was his life and none of Yahoo’s business. Jakeen then turned to him with an apologetic look upon his face and gave a formal speech which Yahoo dismissed with a wave of his hand not meaning to look so disapproving.

Mace took his leave and Yahoo turned towards Jakeen, “I am Yahoo,” he said with a small inclination of his head, “I was once an emflikar but after many years of hardship I am now a Jomakar. We will begin your lessons tomorrow.”

With that Yahoo returned to the tavern proper and went looking for the mysterious man from before, finding him in a far back corner he went up to him.
“Hello good man sorry about leaving you like that,” Yahoo said, “now where were we? Ahhh yes, the Lyceum, what is it you have for me, and why do we have to leave right now?”

“Well now it is too late, come to the City Main tomorrow around this time and I will give you the item and get you to the Lyceum,” the man replies, “if you can’t find me go to the Black Night pub and ask for Zachis. The bartender should know where I am.”

Zachis bids Yahoo good night and takes his leave. Yahoo, exhausted from yet another exciting day decides to retire for the evening.

The next day Yahoo awakes well rested and goes to give Jakeen his first lesson. They meet in the tavern proper and Yahoo suggests that they go to his room for the lessons. After a quick background on the basics Yahoo gave him a history lesson on music and the mages that use it to manipulate their magic. After giving him all the information Yahoo decides it is time to practice magic.

He tells Jakeen to play the notes from last night to see exactly how it affects him and warns him to only do this when he is present. After he plays the notes Yahoo immediately has to grab the lyre from him. Yahoo then asks him to repeat this; they continue this for the rest of the morning until Jakeen is ready to collapse from exhaustion. Yahoo leaves Jakeen in his bed and takes his disciple out for a little tour of the town until it is time to meet Zachis.

They pass many interesting shops and try many different foods; they even see the rare gryphon walking the street. Finally the time comes for Yahoo to go to City Main and wait for Zachis. He sends the boy off to play with the other children and tells him not to wander off too far as he looks for Zachis. Seeing him by a big fountain he goes up to him and greets him.

“Hello great magician nice to see you again,” Zachis replies, “now I have an item right here for you, but first lets go somewhere a little more secluded.”

With that Zachis starts heading for a very shady looking pub. Zachis then leads Yahoo up some stairs and into a back room he then turns around and presents Yahoo with a package...
Araex

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject:  

Pretty nice chapter Chainfire, and congrats on getting the job of author. I am assuming that the decision point at this stage is what is the gift?
kingcappie

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject:  

I was thinking it was something more along the lines of whether we should trust this person and this package or not.

Maybe there is some kind of magical way to determine if this is some kind of trap like what Gorin had? Yahoo isn't as public a figure as Gorin, so I doubt that he would have anyone want to hurt him. But then again he did come here looking for someone.
Chainfire

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject:  

kingcappie is right, does he take the package or not, or does he use some spell to see if there is a spell on it. try coming up with some ideas and I'll put up a poll.
D-Lotus

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:30 am    Post subject:  

Good Job, Chainfire. The only thing I could see is that maybe you should change the tense...treat the story less like an rpg...

Ummm, I would try to trick him into revealing if it was a trap....
kenshin himura

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject:  

its trickaroo time
Chainfire

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject:  

the poll be up, vote and what not. lol
Araex

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject:  

tricksy tricksy, be tricksy!
kenshin himura

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject:  

i love to trick and mislead!!!!!!
Chaos-Made

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject:  

im a prankster, oh and congrats chainfire.

Storygames Home -> Battle to the End - Yahoo: Mind over Magic
Page 1 of 1