Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Story Concerns and News
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Pirates, Vampires, and Ninjas, Oh My!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Random

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Story Concerns and News  

Hi all,

After much deliberation I have decided to take pirates off the main site and move it back into the Humor forum. Between the REnaissance Festival (where I work as a member of the thieves den), my newly formed band (I play drums), and this new job (which is much busier than my last job) I do not have the time to give a chapter a month.

I feel this has affected the story for the worst. The chapters are feeling rushed, and have lost a lot of the techniques I was using to make it funny, or at least attempt to. As a moderator and a strong supporter of this site, I feel it is my duty to lead by example. I would rather give you a quality story that is amusing and well written then a rushed bunch of words that will simply take us to the next chapter.

Key has been so very kind to offer me a chance to get put back in the main forum if I find my time has opened up. This is very possible but not until the end of september. With other writers meeting the requirements or going beyond those, I do not feel it is fair that my story sits in limbo while I try to get caught up.

I'll leave this post up for a couple of days before making the move.

Thanks for all your understanding and support.
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject:  

As long as you just take a break, and don't abandon it altogther, I like this one a lot.

I think many of the stories are going through dry spells. I know mine is.
Araex

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject:  

Don't you dare abandon this completely whatever you do! Good luck in your jobs and bands. What sort of music do you play?
Random

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject:  

The story will continue but this way I can continue it at the pace I need to instead of rushing through it so it stays active. I have way too many ideas yet to be played out for this one to stop it altogether.

I play Celtic Folk music with a bit of bluegrass roots. :)
Araex

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject:  

wicked - celtic stuff rocks
Reiso

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject:  

No problem man, like the others said, as long as you keep it going in some form, it's cool. During the dry spell that preceded the site's transition, I got to say that keeping up with Pirates was pretty much one of very few reasons I was logging in for two or three months.

I am way too familiar with delays and not cutting the story for time concerns. We manage to get those things out, but then I have far more free time than I'd like most of you to think.

(Muawahahahahaaha!)

Also, good luck with the band! We just did our first gig this last friday (well, semi-gig that is), and were met with a far greater response than we ever expected or thought to deserve - I wish you the same!
my self

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject:  

I'll be here, enjoying this awesome story, no matter where it's moved to. I hope you can continue it just as well as I've come to expect from this story.

Storygames Home -> Pirates, Vampires, and Ninjas, Oh My!
Page 1 of 1