Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Polling Chp13
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Finite Cosmos - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Polling Chp13  

** Something has attacked the group that isn't simply a hungry or defensive animal. What options and avenues should Chakra pursue to discover the intent and source of this attack? **

Images retrieved online and may be altered from the artists’ original works.

How does Chakra address the odd attack on her and Holden?

Take the chains to the tree village, and ask what they know. 1
Casually ask the tree people if they know anything about the creature, but do not disclose the details of the attack. 5
Put off going to the tree village for a while, and investigate the grove for answers. 2
Dismiss the attack for now and continue as if nothing happened. 1
Chainfire

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject:  

great job fauna, I really like your monster :twisted: . I say Chakra should take the chains to the tree people and see what they have to say.
Duckie

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject:  

I'm a friend of chainfire's and fauna's. I read her story and it's super good. They finally got me on here. I might start a story game soon when I get an idea, which will hopefully be soon. :poke:
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject:  

Welcome to IF (finally, after all this time and much nagging....Miss Honors-English-but-I-can't-read-your-story).

Eventually those shoes are going to fall apart, and I'm sure you'll end up wearing your Dinkles everyday after that. :-o
jnmrcs

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject:  

Chakra must go to the tree people. Maybe they know something. I'm with chainfire...
Muaddib

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject:  

I think that the group should forget about the grove anf find another way to their destination.When you're on one quest, you don't let your mind waver from what has to be done.
Smee

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject:  

I've read the chapter and loved it as usual, not sure why I didn't comment though.

However, too late now, so I will come back.

Happy Writing. :-)
The Powers That Be

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject:  

Much as I'd like to keep pushing my boundaries and exercising my new power, we should really get on with our quest. Let's get away from this place and get on to the tree folk.

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject:  

I think the tree people being less than a days travle from here might have encountered simaler occurances. They should definatly go see the them and ask them about the chains.
Milhouse

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject:  

i think that milhouse the wise young human knight can join your company maybe his search for his destiny can involve your journey :D
Araex

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject:  

Milhouse, I'm not sure you understand how the game works - we don't bring in our own characters, we come up with suggestions for the author's characters.

I think that the tree people might be wary of us if we approach with the chains, as they might think that we made the tree-demon things. I say we should go on to the village, and after being welcomed we should ask the village elders for help regarding the chains. Of course, it's always possible that the chains and demons are something the tree people do themselves - possibly for food? - and in that case we don't want to come running up saying we killed it. :twisted:
jnmrcs

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject:  

I think you are right Araex. We need to do it with caution...
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject:  

Polling is open for the week, and then I'll begin the next chapter. Cast your votes, and please by all means discuss your selection, and offer any suggestions about the next chapter.
jnmrcs

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:36 am    Post subject:  

We need to get some answers, so we have to ask. But we don't know if the tree people have something with this creature. So we need to ask with caution. I voted for that.
soulofthewolman

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject:  

hmmm while everyones focusing on the chains, isnt anyone curious about what possed them to go off with out warning anyone?

i think they should make some subtle inquieries about the chained tree.

plus if there was a demon in the tree its unlikley to be something the tree peole use for food
Araex

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:34 am    Post subject:  

ethereal_fauna wrote: I lamely offered the truth, “I don’t know, Knute.”

They already answered that.

And the demon might be their friend...
luvd

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject:  

Araex wrote: I think that the tree people might be wary of us if we approach with the chains, as they might think that we made the tree-demon things. I say we should go on to the village, and after being welcomed we should ask the village elders for help regarding the chains. Of course, it's always possible that the chains and demons are something the tree people do themselves - possibly for food? - and in that case we don't want to come running up saying we killed it. :twisted:

How do you know it can be killed? I mean really, the creature to me does not sound like a "physical being" in that sense. The creature sounds more intangible, a sort of spirit taking on a form of it's pain. I feel answers are needed
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject:  

luvd wrote: How do you know it can be killed? I mean really, the creature to me does not sound like a "physical being" in that sense. The creature sounds more intangible, a sort of spirit taking on a form of it's pain. I feel answers are needed
*delighted shrieks* Ahh, he posts! An official welcome to the City of IF luv, complete with *hugs* and *kisses*. :cool: Nice av. Suits you. I also enjoy your thoughts on the creature, as this might not be the last we see of it.

The poll should have run its course, and I'll be starting the next chapter today. Please feel free to continue discussion, whether about this chapter, the SG so far, or just anything in general. Any new thoughts or suggestions will be given consideration as I write the next chapter...we'll reach the tree village and I wouldn't mind thoughts as to what you players think might happen there.
luvd

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject:  

Thank you. It's an old drawing I did for a friend
Ravenwing

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject:  

I finally return to reading storygames, and the first thing I meet in yours is some strange creature with chains around it. Very shocking, I must add. Was certainly not expecting such a thing to be part of the welcome committee. Despite the poll being over, I would like to add that, this creature is certainly something that doesn't seem to fit into the grove. I wonder if it was perhaps chained by the tree people themselves. Or maybe they (the tree people) mistook it for something else they fear. Hmmm...so many questions unanswered.
DeSuFnOc

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject:  

The way I took it was it was using the chains to cause harm,
not being restricted by them. of course I could be wrong.
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject:  

The chains were indeed used as instruments of harm, but we don't know enough about the creature to determine if those chains were also restricting it. In fact, we know very little about the creature at all, other than an apparent intelligence, its ability to trick us and manipulate our memories, and its intent to cause us harm.
Ravenwing

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject:  

DeSuFnOc wrote: The way I took it was it was using the chains to cause harm,
not being restricted by them. of course I could be wrong.

But like our dear author here has pointed out, we don't know much about this creature. As I read this chapter, the creature to me was in pain, but also angry. Any creature feeling pain is not something you want to meet, and probably would use anything to cause injury. Or I guess it could be feeling self-conscious about its looks. I don't know. But it is certainly open to opinon.
jnmrcs

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:18 am    Post subject:  

Good thinking Ravenwing. Any creature in pain can make som eharm to anyone. But that doesn't mean that the creature is bad or attacking to someone. Maybe it can be just in great pain and was traying to get out of his pain.
DeSuFnOc

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject:  

True: Anyway you look at it we need the information but it's
a good idea to be carefull about it. Like it was said earlier
the tree people could have a friendship with the creature
or believe it to be some kind of god. It is also possible that
they did chain it to the trees and would be overjoyed that
we delt with it. Who knows in some weird twist the creature
may have been one of the tree people and we're walking
into a very dangerous situation without our full force.
DeSuFnOc

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject:  

This story was so good what happened, it just died or somthing :(
jnmrcs

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject:  

Died, I don't think... it's better to think on it like a vacation (I hope so). But you can PM the author (fauna).
Ravenwing

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject:  

It is probably on hiatus by the author. While you're waiting, you can always read my storygame Truthseeker. :cool:
Araex

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject:  

Smooth, RW, smooth!

Storygames Home -> Finite Cosmos - COMPLETE
Page 1 of 1