Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Chapter 12 - The end of the wizard race?
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> InterFable Stories - A Vampire's Quest - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Idea master

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:17 am    Post subject: Chapter 12 - The end of the wizard race?  

What has gone on before...
You, Thadius LaFontania, found the temple of balence, or so the caretaker says. After spending a week there, the monk had taught you all you needed to know and told you to return to your quest. He said to go to the wizard's tower to find their artifact, for it had been recently moved to that local. He also said that you should try not being startled by anything, though why he said this is a mystery. After a week of hard travelling, bartering, and running, you arrived at the true wizard's tower...
It looks like a huge, no, tremendous, blue steel pillar that splits off at several points to form other towers, other rooms. It ends when it touches the clouds, though you suspect that it never really does. It must have a magic dampener for other powers than wizard's around it, for your druidic powers have not been working as of late. As you go to the pillar, you note an inscription carved where one would normally see a door. It says, "He who does not have our power in his viens has no business being here. He who does knows how to enter."
Good inscription. The wizards must be able to teleport or they can't get in. So, now to call upon your powers of the light and dark...
When you do, you see a veritable net of dark and light surrounding the pillar. Not good. The net seems to be some sort of an alarm system, or a way to just keep you out. A thought strikes you. How do the wizards know how to do this? Unless they were monitoring you...
Then you remember their artifact set. The wands of light and dark. Of course, makes perfect sense. But you still have a problem of how to get in...
Then you try a basic skill. Dissipate the net, return it to it's original form, and you should be able to enter. You focus your thoughts and powers, and gently pull the net apart.
When it's gone, the alarm activates. You sigh. A test, and a doorbell. What will they think of next?
You pull yourself apart, but not all the way, and reform inside the pillar. Basic teleportation. When you condense, you see five wizards, armed in the manner of their kind, and pointing at you. Not good.
You wait until almost the last second, when it will be too late to change the course of the death-spells, and then jump out of the way. The combined spells strike the wall behind you, and it loses part of it's substance. The rest collapses. Those wizards aren't kidding around. Well, you aren't eighter. You bring the roof upon their heads.
Instant death. You've learned to cope with the killing until you are safe. That was part of your training in the temple.
When the dust clears, you look around and see that you are in the stone foundation of the pillar, and above is a strange room that tingles with magical energy that you've never felt before. When you pull yourself up, all you see is a huge crystal. As you look closer, you see images swirl beneath it's surface, and then it clouds over completly. Entranced, you draw closer to it.
"I wouldn't touch it if I were you."
You swirl around, and you see a wizard forming out of the the darkness, and one out of the light. They look exactly the same, save one is dressed in white, the other black. Then you notice the wands that they hold, and you realize that this is the wizard who moved the artifacts to the tower. He split into his respective good and evil parts. Then, as you look on, they wave the wands, and he is whole again. He speaks again. "Of course, if you did, then you would become a powerful ally."
You find your tounge and speak. "What do you mean?"
"This stone," and the wizard guestures, "turns people into wizards, but at a horrible cost to them." He pauses, then continues with a nasty, sickly, spitting tone in his voice. "Their soul."
"You mean that the wizards are not born, but made? Crafted by a stone's will?"
"The druids are no better, they offer their soul to our greatest foe. This stone, this nature-repressing stone, is at war with Mother Nature. Should it vanish, all wizards will be freed from it's obligation. But now, we shall show you our true power!"
The stone flashes, and shows a picture of the temple you were at. So this means the stone watched you, and all wizards know what you did there and how to counter it!
The stone flashes again, and shows a picture of the tower uprooting itself and flying towards the forest.
The ground around you shakes, rumbles, and bits of the roof come loose. You look through the hole in the floor, and see clouds enter the room. You must put a stop to this now! You aim at the stone, and let loose a bolt of darkness.
Instantly, the wizard counters with a bolt of light. "You fight me should you fight it."
You turn to him. You start to remove the floor, but then you realize that the wands go with him, should he die. So instead, you fient. You bring a bit of the wall towards him, watching carefully for his reaction.
It comes after a second. That will be one second too long for him. Then you time what you do, bringing one bit of wall one second after another, ending with the wall on the other side of him.
He thinks that this stunt is meant to kill him, and so counters all. When he realizes that it was a stunt, it is too late. You have pulled the wands from his hands with the light and darkness. You tuck them safely away for a later date. Then you remove the floor underneath the wizard.
Caught off-gaurd, he falls, then remembers to fly back. By then, you have charged up a magic sapping spell. As his head pokes up you throw it at him, but it misses and instead strikes the stone.
Instantly, the tower starts falling. The wizard is caught up against the roof. You seperate yourself again, and re-form near the ground. However, you re-form too close to the impact site. When the tower strikes ground, all the labs erupt, and bits of the tower come flying towards you. You try to dodge them all, but one rather large piece catches your left arm, another your right leg, and a smallish one knocks you unconcious. You sink into the inky void of nothingness in your mind, and fall near the edge of the forest, not caring who or what finds you, only hoping that you will live to see another day.
silentknife

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject:  

perfect. Bravo, and well done. That was the perfect clincher. I say, when he wakes up, He finds the wizard stone broken in two and maybe a basement or dungeon undernieth, holding the wizards test thingie. Overall, You've done well. :D :D
Ravenwing

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:29 am    Post subject:  

Or the wizard is found dead, but in his respective light and dark sides. Maybe he will wake up in another world, now that would be interesting, but I guess a little far-fetched. Hmm. I some ways I think the whole battle could have ended the chapter on a really big climax. But you're definitely improving.
silentknife

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject:  

hey, Ravenwing! im from virginia to!!!! yay! And good imput. :D :D
kenshin himura

Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:59 am    Post subject:  

That was totaly exalent, so I now give you a clap of the hand!
you really mastered this story writing thing, so for that i say bravo!
Idea master

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:48 am    Post subject:  

Yay for me! Thanks for your praise, people. However, i'm having diffculty coming up with the next chapter. I'm thinking Thadius is taken in by druids who tell him their side of the story of soul removal. Possibly they let him attempt the grand test of the druids' artifact, the Staff of Nature. Any other input?
s1lents0ul

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject:  

you did title this story the end of the wizards? then you should the light and dark wizard wands, the ones that your character retrieved from the wizard, be laying on the ground next to your fallen body, when you wake up, the dark wand is broken, now usually the dark wand is evil, hence using the dark pretext, so if all the evil is gone from there power, then they shouldnt have any motivation to kill, no truly good creature would, so therefore the wizards reign ends from lack of a "will to fight".
magic mage

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject:  

THat was a good story and I hope u make more like it. :P :P
Cerasi

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Great Job! Bravo!  

Awsome story, I loved it. I think that he should "wake up" in a dream. He should have to make a choice of what he wants to happen, what he wants to do with his life...... :)
magic mage

Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject:  

i still stick with what i said before

Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject:  

A great story, but theres one problem if the wizard was still alive he wouldnt let you just wake up and take the wand back to the druid. Plus theres the fact that becoming a wizard from the stone means you made a deal, so when the stone was shatered and the souls freed from the stone would the wizards become normal again? or would they retain there powers even thought there souls were released. :?:
Reader

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject:  

What happened to the wizard part of Thadius?
Vampyro

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject:  

good job again idea master
Reader

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject:  

I think it would be more challenging, if he became weaker.
charlotte

Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject:  

I think we should find the weakness of the main wizard that lost his soul first.
D-Lotus

Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject:  

I didn't have time to read it so, what if he chases the remainder of the wizards and destroys them all with his bare hands??Is it stupid or could it make some sense??? :P
Vampyro

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:56 am    Post subject:  

hey,
you're doing really good idea master, dont give up yet...i like the story.
i mean yes you had your ups and downs on it but it turned out to be really good soo far.keep it up man. peace...
:twisted:
Ravenwing

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject:  

We have had a great story so far. Don't leave us all hanging. :D
Ambrosia

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:11 am    Post subject:  

i'm loving the story, i agree with s1lents0ul, but you difinatley cannot destroy the wizard making gem becasue then there would be no wizards, and them he could no longer use the wizards wands anyway
Ravenwing

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject:  

Ambrosia wrote: i'm loving the story, i agree with s1lents0ul, but you difinatley cannot destroy the wizard making gem becasue then there would be no wizards, and them he could no longer use the wizards wands anyway

They both give an excellent point. :D How can you destroy the beginning and keep its products? There is no wand when there is no wizard.

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject:  

I think a rouge wizard should come along and help him out because he (the wizard) was outcasted for his revoulutionary thinking of peace between the races. That would give the good side a one up.
D-Lotus

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject:  

Just checkin my signature... By the way, qbout how long do these stories take to update??
Ravenwing

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject:  

D-Lotus wrote: Just checkin my signature... By the way, qbout how long do these stories take to update??

Depends on the author. They all have their own rate of how often they write their stories.
D-Lotus

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject:  

Oh , Ok, thanks again, how old are you Raven wing?? How old is everybody here??? :?:

Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject:  

hey D-Lotus are you playing battleon?
Ravenwing

Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:34 am    Post subject:  

Anonymous wrote: hey D-Lotus are you playing battleon?

What are you talking about?
D-Lotus

Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject:  

yeah, I do... Who are you Guest??

Revenwing: My Drawing(icon thingee) is from that game...
Idea master

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:02 am    Post subject:  

oh, dear, i've been away for quite a while....i really shouldn't do that...
okay....note the question mark in the title? I don't really plan to kill the wizards off...as you'll see by the next chapter.

Storygames Home -> InterFable Stories - A Vampire's Quest - COMPLETE
Page 1 of 1