Free online storygaming

Polling Chp14
Click here to go to the original topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Storygames Home -> Finite Cosmos - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Polling Chp14  

Now that Chakra is aware, what does she do?
1. Establish contact with Holden again, find out what he knows, and form a plan with him for your escape 4
2. Continue as Tesla until you learn more, speaking only with other slaves 6
3. Reveal your awareness and press the tree people for information 0
4. Locate and free your companions if possible, and then just get the hell out of there 0
5. Attempt to stir a revolt amongst the slaves and gain freedom for everyone 4
Ravenwing

Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject:  

Yay you posted a new chapter! And I have the honor of being the first to post, yes! Okay, I am a bit confused. Is Chakra going into the mind of another, that being Tesla? Or is she two personalities? Or are these just memories of someone she once was? I just don't see the connection between Tesla and Chakra.

As for what to do next, I think further broaching the topic of the chained demon would just make the tree people a lot more defensive. For now drop the subject, and discuss something else. Perhaps they had seen Holden pass by or something. I can't think of any suggestions right now because I am still hung up about the whole Tesla/Chakra scene.
Chainfire

Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject:  

wat the???? confused, but i can't wait to see wat will happen next. i say keep subtly attacking the tree ppl with questions about the demon or seek a scholar of the village and see if they know about it. hmmm where has holden gotten to? did the memories he unleashed show something even he couldn't handle?
jnmrcs

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject:  

Very nice chapter, as always...

About the story, maybe it's better if we concentrate on Holden. You know try to be friend of some of the tree people and try to find Holden. Maybe we can find someone who we can ask directly about the demon.
LadyK

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: neat chapter  

At first I, too, was confused, but I think it's a really interesting twist to the story. I think they should actually keep pressing the tree people. Yes, they're defensive, but obviously, something put her into this position of being a slave, right? I think after that, the story should go to Holden and what happened to him, but he should remain separated from the group.
luvd

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject:  

Defensive isn't the word I call them :biggrin: They kidnap people and drug them so they forget who they are :grin: defensive or evil?
jnmrcs

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject:  

We can push them but I think if you push them (the tree people) too much they can try to fight us. We don't want to die but neither to kill them... because if something of that happens we will never know what happen to that demon...
Hyperion

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject:  

I think that we should just be generally cautious and not provoke the tree people, as jmnrc said.
Ravenwing

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject:  

Welcome to City of If, Lady K and luvd! Glad you joined us.

As for what has happened so far. I think I sort of understand the situation. Provoking the tree people would certainly give the plot another interesting twist.
Shady Stoat

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject:  

I've just read all fourteen chapters in one day (great story, BTW), so excuse me if I ask a stupid question... :?

You mentioned finding your path by the end of five seasons at the start of this story. How much of that time has passed in the story? It's probably not very relevant, but I'd still like to know :)

As for what to do next, the only concrete resource that Chakra has control of is herself. Is there any chance of stirring up some spirit in the other slaves, perhaps winning freedom for all, or at least causing a decoy rebellion to make the external rescue effort easier...?
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:14 am    Post subject:  

*warm fuzzies* Glad to see people still interested in my SG. :)

I know the first part of the chapter is a bit confusing, but that was the intent. Chakra is confused at this point too. The idea that she was brainwashed or mentally controlled by someone is correct, and the final paragraphs are her true memories of her last moments before she became Telsa the slave.

Everything she knows at this moment is presented in this chapter, and so far I'm surprised that the most suggested course has been to resume asking questions about the chain demon, as that appears to be what got her (and possibly the rest of the group) enslaved in the first place. Although I could grasp the plausibility of questioning fellow slaves about the creature.

As for your question Stoat, when they entered the tree village one complete season had passed already, the FairWeather. Given her enslavement and loss of memory, Chakra doesn't know how much more time of the DryWeather has passed, and hadn't made note of the season as a slave, although her ability to catch glimpses of the stars through the ceiling of leaves might suggest GailWeather.
Hyperion

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject:  

Of course. As a member of the Council of Interfable, you gain the Base Audience ability, which means that at any given day there is at least one person who views one of your stories...
Smee

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:36 am    Post subject:  

No Hyperion - that's through effort and good writing. Nothing is a given in the City of IF. :)

Anyhoo, on to the new chapter. :)

It's taken a while, but as always, worth it. :D

As I understand it, Chakra/Tesla now knows the truth, but is stuck in slavery with her friend's memories still blocked.

Holden is her only outside help. He's lost after the monumental effort of helping Chakra, but maybe now she can help him find her again. The tree people sound peaceful and non warlike - relying on a drugged drink rather than force. If Holden can be found mentally, maybe a physical attack could free them all.

Another possibility is to investigate possible powers of her horn again. Freeing memory blocks and showing the truth seems in the remit of the horns power. Releasing her friends could again provide the force they need to escape.

Good chapter, good twist.

Unfortunately now, we all want another chapter :D

Happy Writing.
luvd

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject:  

Smee wrote: No Hyperion - that's through effort and good writing. Nothing is a given in the City of IF. :)

Anyhoo, on to the new chapter. :)

It's taken a while, but as always, worth it. :D

As I understand it, Chakra/Tesla now knows the truth, but is stuck in slavery with her friend's memories still blocked.

Holden is her only outside help. He's lost after the monumental effort of helping Chakra, but maybe now she can help him find her again. The tree people sound peaceful and non warlike - relying on a drugged drink rather than force. If Holden can be found mentally, maybe a physical attack could free them all.

Another possibility is to investigate possible powers of her horn again. Freeing memory blocks and showing the truth seems in the remit of the horns power. Releasing her friends could again provide the force they need to escape.

Good chapter, good twist.

Unfortunately now, we all want another chapter :D

Happy Writing.

Have to say I agree. for my own part I like a idea that a part of Holden's darkness might have rubbed off/woken up a darker more powerfull part of Chakra own psyche and it's that part that's "awaken" her to what's happening. Just a thought ;)
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject:  

Why everyone always wanna dark Chakra? :-o
jnmrcs

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject:  

Because it can be funny?

I don't know, but what I know is here almost everyone likes dark things...
Ravenwing

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject:  

ethereal_fauna wrote: Why everyone always wanna dark Chakra? :-o

Because it is different. And technically she is learning the power of the Light. So her turning Dark would just make the story interesting. Good plot twist.
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject:  

However, Light draws upon negative energies, and is therefore a 'dark' or 'black' magic.
LadyK

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: friends  

Do we know that Chakra's friends are with her in slavery? Were they actually mentioned? I don't think anything was said about the appearance of the other slaves. If they are with her, then obviously, they are all captured somehow. If she is the only one who is a slave, then why? Perhaps she went off on her own to go after Holden?
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject:  

We know only what Chakra knows at this point--she's enslaved and her mind and memories have been manipulated. All of her companions were with her last she recalls, save for Holden. She doesn't know or has not yet remembered why he left the group.

She doesn't know the disposition of the rest of her companions. Should she try to contact Holden again? Should they plan her escape?

Should she try to find out more information about the chained demon from the other slaves, or perhaps reveal her awareness to her captors and speak with them? Does she escape or stay put, and does she try to find out where her friends are? How does she go about this?

This chapter left many questions and any further discussion is appreciated. I need some more ideas and suggestions, then I'll create a poll. :)
DukeReg

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject:  

I like this storygame a lot! It is extremely well written and once I started, I couldnt stop reading until I got to here. Well done, etherial fauna!

---
Now that her most recent memories as Chakra have been reawakened by Holden, it makes sense that her next step should be to find out what his situation is. From there, they can plan together what to do. Only when she has more information about whats going on from an external perspective can she make any good judgements on her course of action.
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject:  

DukeReg wrote: I like this storygame a lot! It is extremely well written and once I started, I couldnt stop reading until I got to here. Well done, etherial fauna!

---
Now that her most recent memories as Chakra have been reawakened by Holden, it makes sense that her next step should be to find out what his situation is. From there, they can plan together what to do. Only when she has more information about whats going on from an external perspective can she make any good judgements on her course of action.

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it, and hope you have fun playing.
jnmrcs

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject:  

I think that she can take more information about the demon now. Now that they think that she is a slave is the best time to collect more information.
Mother Goose

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject:  

Yes, now is the time to find out things - from Holden when possible, from the other slaves, from their captors, maybe even from the spirit of the wise white witch. By no means should she let them know she has regained her memories, at least until she knows who did this to her, and more about the layout of the place with a view to escaping.

As her memory comes back, maybe she will recognize some of her fellow slaves as her companions who came to the tree people with her, and with her magic, also help to free their minds.

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject:  

Why ask questions when she has these mind powers?
I think first thing she needs to get better oriented with
the situation and who she is. She's still a bit confused.
And Eaerta could be Seani we're still a little short on Details
DeSuFnOc

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:54 am    Post subject:  

Anonymous wrote: Why ask questions when she has these mind powers?
I think first thing she needs to get better oriented with
the situation and who she is. She's still a bit confused.
And Eaerta could be Seani we're still a little short on Details

Sorry ^that^ was me :shock:
luvd

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject:  

Found out more about the demon? Some how I feel the demon is not that important now. Here she is abused mentally and physically, surly her priority is to find out what’s happened to the others and how to save them. the main dilemma will be afterwards, do you leave these people to keep this “tradition” or end it to save other future “slaves”.
jnmrcs

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject:  

Maybe you are in the same thing that the demons had before...
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject:  

Poll is open for voting. Please feel free to continue discussion, offer suggestions, and/or persuade others to vote for a specific option.
Shady Stoat

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:03 am    Post subject:  

I voted for revolution. After all, what have the slaves got to lose? And, more importantly, what have they got to gain by allying themselves with their captors?

Yey for anarchy! :D
Smee

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject:  

I've voted for contact with Holden to try and come up with a plan to escape.

It could be that revolution is the best way to escape, but I think before she tries that she needs the comfort of someone else knowing the situation.
jnmrcs

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:04 am    Post subject:  

I voted for continue as Tesla. We need more information to do the things right. And continue as Tesla will give us the better option to colect that information and we will stay undercover...
Mother Goose

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:52 am    Post subject:  

I voted for continue as Tesla, but I would hope she could also contact Holden and learn more from him. The more she can find out about her situation, the better she can plan escape strategies.
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject:  

I'd think with just about any of the options she will re-establish contact with Holden. To clarify the first option...should that be the extent of what she does- contact Holden and then escape before trying to find out information about her other companions, the tree demon, or the reason why she was enslaved in the first place.
luvd

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject:  

I've vote for revolution :smile:
DeSuFnOc

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject:  

What ever we do we need to do it quickly
If you remember why we're on this quest in the first place.
I believe we're trying to save our home.
We don't know how much time has already passed already.
so staying as Tesla isn't such a good idea.
Just quickly slaughter the tree people and get back to the quest.
Suneila

Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject:  

I voted for her to continue as Tesla for now, because I don't think she is confidant enough for most of the other options. Before she was enslaved, she was fairly unsure of herself, and she's just spent the last who knows how long as a slave, so her confidence in herself is probably almost non-existant. She would want to be more sure of the necessity of doing anything dramatic.

~sunny
Ravenwing

Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject:  

From looking at the choices, I would say that revealing yourself would be a bit rash, and so would freeing the others. Finding the others would also be difficult since Tesla/Chakra does not really know either where the others have been sent to or where Holden is even. Stay as you are and talk to the other slaves, maybe they saw something interesting.
DeSuFnOc

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject:  

So nobody cares that while we're dickin around playing Tesla our home could be destroyed?
Mother Goose

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject:  

How is a single slave, chained to a bed, supposed to "quickly slaughter the tree people and get back to the quest"?

Storygames Home -> Finite Cosmos - COMPLETE Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2