Click here to go to the original topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Storygames Home -> Virtual - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparta12

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Virtual: Chapter 9  

Virtual
Chapter 9: Viral

Jack slouched back in the pilot seat while he waited for a response from Freedom and shut his eyes. He had one long day and he looked forwards to sleeping in his personal quarters as soon as he debriefed his pilots
“Iron-man this is Freedom. You have clearance to land your ship in emergency bay six out.” The voice crackled over the radios and the Lieutenant Commander stared at the Freedom which seemed like it was at the end of its rope unless they got to an allied shipyard. Jack pulled back on the throttle of the alien ship
“Everyone okay?” Jack shouted through the halls of the Boragnian bomber
“Yeah. Kyle got bitten a few times but nothing too serious.” Sergeant Vikes reported to the pilot as he swung his rifle over his shoulder
“Okay. Get everyone in here. I don’t want anyone to get seperated because there might be a brain-feeder in here with us.” Jack answered as he rubbed the back of his neck which was red from his massive blood loss.

Pilots climbed out of their fighters and bombers sweating like they had gone through the depths of hell then came back out. Some of them were crawling on the ground and throwing up from being knocked around in the cockpits. Anne was sitting in her bed in the med bay with her head down as she waited for her results from the docs. She felt like spraying blood across the wall. She had lost two good friends and those who were good pilots in less than an entire minute. One of the doctors finally approached her
“First Class Aviation Officer Johnson?” she looked up at him with a blank look
“Yes?”
“You have a minor concussion but nothing serious. You’re free to go.” He answered and the Aviation Officer made her way out of the med bay. She just wanted to go to her quarters and be left in solitary confinement but she kept bumping into marines who were running about with their rifles in the air.
“Whoa, whoa, whoa! What’s going on?” Anne pulled on one of the marines shoulder
“A bunch of ships from below filled with survivors are landing ma’am!” he answered before sprinting off down the hall again and then Anne regained some hope that maybe Art was still alive. She raced down the hall, stumbling due to her concussion and she headed down the stairs with the marines to get to the emergency hanger bays. Her heart was pounding with excitement to see the survivors. She raced ahead of the marines and was startled at the site of the Boragnian bomber that sat in the bay in the emergency hanger bay. She drew her side arm out and took cover behind some supply crates with the marines who awaited the passengers of the bombers to come out of the entry ramp of the bombers. A wounded man came out first with a pair of soldiers carrying him down the ramp and a few other soldiers came out with their rifles pointing at the ground. Anne hoped that there were a few people on board and so there were. A man who had blood on his face and his suit walked out of the Boragnian bomber who was wearing a pilots uniform. Anne realised immediately that it was the Lieutenant but as soon as he got off of the ramp he fell to his knees and stared at the ground for a few moments. Then the pilot vomited all over the deck and the medics carried him off. Anne watched the medics carry the tough pilot off of the emergency hangar bay but then she saw the last man aboard the Boragnian bomber walk onto the deck and look around the bay with a blank look on his face. He was wearing the uniform of an army soldier but he didn’t have any weapons or ammo or webbing. She got a bad feeling about this guy but she couldn’t figure out a reason why this guy didn’t have his webbing on. Or at least a reason that would clear him of suspicion.

Two months later:
The Freedom had linked up with an allied shipyard and was fully operational with a month due to the latest technology. While they were at the shipyard the Admiral managed to come in contact with the Chimera and the rest of the fleet who apparently were in bad shape. They had lost two of their ships in the battle when the Freedom had been forced to retreat and jump into the next sector. The flagship was in excellent condition along with the remaining ships and they were holding their position in the Orion sector where the remains of Earth drifted in space. New crew members were put on board the cruiser and new pilots were placed in squadrons along with leading one of the squadrons.

“All pilots report in!” Captain Jack Art ordered as he flew his AH-6 “Little Bird” weaved his helicopter through the streets of the Chinese Highland villages where one of the first battles for Oil were fought.
“Reporting in sir!” Technical Sergeant Barrell answered as he flew beside the Captain on his left side
“Reporting in sir!” 2nd Lieutenant Johnson answered as she moved her AH-6 to the right side of her superior and one by one all of his men reported in.
“Okay people. Bravo element will cover Charlie element while they drop the marines. If any air resistance comes in make a contact report and delta element will take them out with their rockets over,” the captain briefed his pilots as he came in view of the Chinese villages that were filled with members of the PLA and militia. The captain flipped up the cover on his joystick as he lowered his choppers altitude
“Beginning attack run!” he reported a few seconds before he let all hell break loose from his chain guns the people below were torn to pieces from the powerful weapon. As he moved down the street he could see a vehicle racing down the street with a .50 calibre machine gun on the back that was shoot at Jack who was ducking in his cockpit. A bullet wizzed through the left side of the windshield and smashed into the simulated co-pilot who leaned over in his seat. Jack pulled up on his joystick while holding the joystick and tore the jeep apart due to the chain guns. He pulled up and over to the right of the village so the rest of the pilots formed up behind Jack could unleash the rest of the rounds on the enemy. One of the marines in the back of the AH-6 pulled the dead co-pilot into the back of the chopper while the pilot levelled off and waited for the rest of his comrades to form up behind him.

“Bravo Element this is Charlie Element, go ahead and drop your cargo over!” Jack reported to the formation of Black Hawk choppers
“Roger that Charlie Element we are moving in now!” Lieutenant Commander Gary Quivers responded and the Black Hawks dipped their big noses as they approached the landing zones. The Black Hawk choppers moved in on top of buildings and the marines inside kicked down the ropes while the gunners on the AC-130 chain guns went to work on the ground forces below. The marines slid down the ropes and for the inexperienced combat officer evaluated that everything would be going good. Once the marines in his chopper were gone he pulled up and maneuvered around the village.
“Bravo Element Two you have an RPG to your three o’ clock!” a voice crackled over the radio and the Black Hawk rotated the chopper to the right but wasn’t fast enough. The RPG landed on the roof inside the black hawk and killed a gunner along with a sniper. The rotors were damaged and the black hawk lost control. The pilots struggled inside the cockpits but they were too low to try and fix the situation. They crashed within ten seconds. The black hawk erupted in flames as it lay on the ground
“All elements we have a black hawk down!” Gary shouted over the radio before he saw a trail of smoke moving towards him from the sky. He pulled back on the stick and over to the right to avoid the rocket. The black hawk just managed to avoid the rocket and so an enemy chopper came into view.
“All elements we have company, say again we have company coming from the north!” he said calmly as he levelled off
“Roger that Bravo element. Delta element take em down now. Bravo element, stay in attack formation over the village!” Jack’s voice crackled over the radio and the Lieutenant did exactly as he was told. He moved over the city and let the gunners do their jobs while the rocket-armed AH-6’s moved in to take on the enemy choppers.

Jack fired his Chain Guns below at the armed soldiers when he heard a loud whistling, he looked over to his right to find a Chinese fighter chopper shooting a rocket at him and as fast as he could he maneuvered his aircraft forward but the rocket clipped the tail boom of the chopper but it didn’t explode. Jack’s AH-6 shook furiously for a few seconds but he gained control of the aircraft and rotated around to shoot his enemy. The chopper fired another rocket at Jack who quickly fired at the rocket that exploded in mid air while the remaining machine gun fire slammed into the skull of the enemy pilot. Jack hovered in the air thinking about what he should do next.

The admiral walked out onto the bridge of the Freedom but only to be greeted by a Captain from the shipyard who was accompanied by 2 Military Police officers
“Admiral Magnus?” the captain asked
“Yes.” He answered with a confused look on his face as the three men approached the admiral
“By the authorisation of General Bermiah I hereby place you under arrest until you are court martialled.”
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject:  

Okay, trying to catch up on this SG as well as a few others...but I felt like I missed something here:

Quote: The chopper fired another rocket at Jack who quickly fired at the rocket that exploded in mid air while the remaining machine gun fire slammed into the enemy choppers pilot. Jack hovered in the air thinking about what he should do next. He had been hit and the

I'm uncertain about the decision point, as the thought from the paragraph above seems incomplete.

There is some missing punctuation, but I didn't spot any glaring spelling errors (which isn't saying much at this point as I'm tired :cool: )

I'm just totally confused for some reason so please steer me onto the proper path. :)
sparta12

Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject:  

You'll find out when the poll is up Fauna :)
saxon215

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject:  

smart one spart1 lol
nice chap
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject:  

Ooookaayyyy, clear as mud now. :)

I'll re-read now that I'm more awake. I was hoping to actually suggest something for the poll. :P
sparta12

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject:  

You can still go ahead and suggest if you'd like Fauna? I haven't posted it yet.
saxon215

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject:  

vvhens the next chap?
sparta12

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:15 am    Post subject:  

Hopefully next month.
saxon215

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject:  

cant vvait now that im back into it
sorry i didnt read it for ages
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:39 am    Post subject:  

Since Jack's aircraft is damaged, it would be prudent for him to back down and return to ground, although I don't see him doing that. He may drop but he's going to continue the recovery and retrieval effort. That's his character. As for what he is actually going to do next, I've no valid suggestions :?
sparta12

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:06 am    Post subject:  

True but Jack's element is also carrying Marines in the back of their AH-6 little birds.
saxon215

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject:  

i say damn them to hell drop the mariens then return
sparta12

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject:  

Oh crap... Ah CRAP... The third option didn't come in... Erm... Okay I need to make a new poll.
saxon215

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject:  

man so many conflicting choices, what jack would do, what i would do, what should be done, what would get jack into less trouble
sparta12

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject:  

Just like the second poll in the story... I need another big battle like that one.
saxon215

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject:  

ill go with the same vote i made last time drop the marienes in and return to reality
sparta12

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject:  

Fair Enough. Lets see how this turns out then.
saxon215

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject:  

well because im so smart naturally everyone votes for the same option as me which is why it has 100% of the votes at the moment
sparta12

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:09 am    Post subject:  

lol. Ha, Ha Sax.
saxon215

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject:  

hey i cant help being shamelessly self promotive but i can get away with it because i am as good as i say i am
like they say, "im all that"
actually, im more
sparta12

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject:  

We need more votes we are currently standing at a Tie. Also it would appear that people have been coming into this forum, reading and then leaving without comment. Read the One Rule topic please.

This doesn't apply if you have already answered the topic.
Thanks
saxon215

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject:  

perhaps its just you looking at it to see if anyones made any posts
sparta12

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject:  

Whoa... What the heck... For some reason when I replied it came up as a post for Smee... Wierd
sparta12

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject:  

Okay I figured it out.
When I pressed qoute it lead me to an Edit Page for some reason and what I wrote came out on your account smee. Rather odd.
Anyway I deleted the post.
saxon215

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject:  

lol nice one sparta
also if you havent already gone there can you check out my new roleplay in the traditional roleplay bit
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject:  

ROFL Sparta you accidentally pushed Edit instead of quote...I've done that before.
saxon215

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject:  

well when is this [oll ending becaus ei'd like to see the new chapter
Smee

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject:  

You deleted my post - how rude :shock:

I can't be bothered to repeat myself.

I'll take my 10 fables and leave.
saxon215

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject:  

yeah i support you every step of the way smee, ill take 10 favbles too
*finds yet annother way to cheat the system*
sparta12

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject:  

ethereal_fauna wrote: ROFL Sparta you accidentally pushed Edit instead of quote...I've done that before.

No I was looking when I pressed it. And it had quoted what Smee said but when I submitted it came out on Smee's account.

I'll give your 10 fables anyway.
saxon215

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:44 am    Post subject:  

thats bizzare, really
WOOHOOO FREE FABLES
Smee

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject:  

Lol Sparta - I meant the 10 fables I would get for posting the pointless message about not repeating myself. I didn't mean I was demanding money back. :D

But as I will get 10 fables for this post as well, I feel guilty so I will try and remember what I said...

'Although the writing is still just as good, the plot is becoming confusing. Why is Jack wasting time in VR, reinacting a scene from 'Black Hawk Down' when loads of other stuff is going on in real life that we could be deciding on. If it's not real, who cares if he stays there until his helicoptor all but blows up - it won't kill him anyway. :?

Unless I have it all wrong, in which case that just supports my statement that it's confusing.

Regardless, I have voted for him to stay whilst the Hawk isn't too damaged.

Happy Writing. :)
sparta12

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:26 am    Post subject:  

Smee... The arrest of Magnus comes after the Virtual Reality paragraphs which means it happens after or during their time in the VR scenarios.
What would be the f@&!$#$ point of writing it before the VR simulation?
Also a military schedules can't be canclled by an incident such as that. You can't cancel a battle because someone got arrested Smee.

Now enough of this please. I wouldn't have written that paragraph if there was no sense in writing and IT IS NOT LIKE BLACK HAWK DOWN!

1. Black Hawk Down was in Somalia

2. That was with the Rangers and members of the SOAR. NOT MARINES.

3. THIS BATTLE IS BASED IN CHINA

4. This has Air to Air Combat in it if you read carefully enough. Black Hawk Down did not! Now enough of this Black Hawk Down simliarity junk!
Smee

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:54 am    Post subject:  

Ooh - did I hit a nerve :shock:

Maybe not marines, but Delta C Squadron (aka D-Boys) are pretty similar.

But nevermind - it wasn't meant as an insult, just triggered a memory in my head. If my original post hadn't been deleted I'm fairly sure it said 'like a scene from Black Hawk Down' - I was only trying to para-phrase what I wrote before.

And yes I noticed the air-to-air combat.

I'm still just as confused, probably more so as all you really did is shout at me instead of explaining. I never made comment on when the VR scene should come, and didn't even mentioned the arrest.

Calm down, I'm only showing an interest and trying to understand. Remember, you created this stuff, all from your head. All I know is what I've read (and I read the early chapters a long time ago) - you are bound to understand it better than me.

Happy Writing. :)
sparta12

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject:  

Smee. You didn't hit a nerve but Im irritated and trying to stop myself from swearing my head off at the moment.
Also I was explaining whilst yelling.

However Im saying that it is annoying saying "Why is Jack spending time in the VR when all this stuff is going on in reality?" when it's obvious that he doesn't know about it yet.

Also I know what you mean't wasn't an insult but it sounded rather annoying and obviously I have a short fuse. And I am tired he, he :).

Though I must admit that it was an musing coincidence that I was watching Black Hawk Down on my DVD-ROM while on the site and saw the post he, he.
sparta12

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject:  

Also thanks for your vote Smee and I am still giving you the 10 Fables because well it is my fault you're 10 Fables short so I'll just play the good samaritan and donate.
Though I have to stop this stuff cause I have to pay EH soon for my Special Guest Author job.
saxon215

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject:  

i definate;ly noticed a lack of "skinnies with RPG's" in the simulation
saxon215

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject:  

oh and that post wasent just posted to gain ten fables if thats what your thinking
sparta12

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject:  

lol. Touche Sax, touche!
saxon215

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject:  

thanks spart, for the compliment and the free fables

Storygames Home -> Virtual - COMPLETE Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2