Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Sojourner's Journey, Chapter 7
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Sojourner's Journey - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alegria

Location: On the beaches with Dr. Suess' Sneeches. Only the star-bellied ones, of course.

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject: Sojourner's Journey, Chapter 7  

Sojourner's Journey

Chapter 7

A Midnight Meeting

Alyssa ran through the streets of the indoor city, a guard close behind. She was about to be late. It had been hard to persuade the guard to leave his post and follw her. Luckily, he was kind of thick.

She ran up the observatory steps, and opened the door. Luckily, the Rinsoians had no trouble with theives and kept their public areas open all the time.

She stepped in the observatory, and was shocked by what awaited her. a huge floating galaxy hovered fifty feet above her head, and complicated controls were at one end of the room. She was suddenly brought to attention by a voice behind her.

"Good, you're here."

She whirled around, the guard was outside the observatory. The voice was somehow familiar.

"Who are you?"

"Someone you know."

"Why am I here?"

"What are the three things that set Rinosians apart from Humans, Alyssa?"

He knew her name, not good, "The Rinosians have wings," she stammered."

"And?"

"They're from another world than this one."

"AND?"

"And... And. They can perform magic."

"Exactly. To use our magic, we need the crystal. The crystal gives us magic, fuels it."

"So?"

"Shortly before the other tribes left, the crystal vanished. We had declared independence after that, because we knew the Senncherib would destroy us for losing it."

"So that's why they left! Who are the Senncherib?"

"The Rinosians were the most peaceful, and the least powerful. They would have destroyed if they could use the crystal properly. The tribes were led by the Senncherib, an extremely warlike tribe who wanted to control all or destroy it. They always hated us"

"Why do you wish to tell me this?"

"The prophecy states that the Sojourner, High Priest, and a Human shall find the crystal."

"Why must you find the Crystal?"

"Because our magic is running out. Give me an answer in three days. I'll be wearing a scarlet mask of a ram."

Descision point

Does Alyssa agree, Does she tell Ouran, what?
Ingrothechundyer

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject:  

How about asking Ouran about the crystal
Shady Stoat

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject:  

I think it's definitely time to tell Ouran what you've heard. Ask him to fill in the details. If you ARE destined to find the crystal, then you'll need all the help you can get :D
Suneila

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject:  

I agree. Talk to Ouran. He's the most trustworthy right now. If you don't want to bother him, or feel uncomfortable talking to someone so important about something that might be trivial, talk to the high priest (his name escapes me at the moment). I think Ouran is the best bet, though.

~sunny
Smee

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject:  

I agree with the majority.

It's talk to Ouran time. :)
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject:  

I don't think she's going to agree without researching this prophecy a little more first. I also don't think she's going to tell Ouran just yet...she won't want to admit that she went somewhere to meet someone without discussing it with him beforehand.

She'll disguise her intents as an interest to learn perhaps, and find a way into archives or old texts to look into this prophecy herself. Maybe she'll confide in an archivist or someone that she thinks appears trustworthy, but she's not going to wish to willingly upset Ouran by admitting not having told him about her involvement in this whole thing from the beginning.
Smee

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject:  

I disagree.

It's only been 1 day - she's barely involved yet. She went to the meeting after someone told her to, and not to tell anyone else. She didn't know how important it was then, and didn't need to bother Ouran with it.

She's followed the instructions, found out it is very important, and now it's time to tell someone else.

If Ouran does get annoyed, then he'd be a lot more annoyed if she continues on her own for longer.

Tell now before she gets in too deep.
Alegria

Location: On the beaches with Dr. Suess' Sneeches. Only the star-bellied ones, of course.

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject:  

Ah, yes. But by the fact that Alyssa doesn't know the crystal is gone means that the public probably doesn't know either.

The Rinosians are a very proud race.
Alegria

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject:  

Hey everyone, Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
Night Walker

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject:  

Smee wrote: Tell now before she gets in too deep.

I agree.It's better to tell Oran because he propably finds out eventually and could then get really annoyed.

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject:  

You know I wouldn't be surprised if Ouran HAS already found out about Alyssa's actions. But I thinking that if Alyssa continues to hide her actions from Ouran, she is going to lose his trust. And although that would be an interesting plot twist, Alyssa would have a hard time finding any information on the Crystal.
Ravenwing

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject:  

Sorry about that. That was me not logged in. *grins sheepishly*
Alegria

Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:55 am    Post subject:  

ok, here's the poll.

HAPPY VOTING!
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject:  

Voted, and I still think she's going to wait before confiding in Ouran
Alegria

Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject:  

I think the best way she could research it is to confront Zantos.

He's the high priest, and the priest's job is the crystal.
Ravenwing

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject:  

Only two choices...hmm...I agree with fauna. Alyssa is not going to be talking to Ouran any time soon I think. She should use the time she has to research the crystal. But like I said before, I would not be surprised if Ouran already knows about her covert activities. Actually that would be really interesting if you put a scene like that in your next chapter. It would be a great plot twist. :cool:
Alegria

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject:  

A tie!!!!!!!

Don't worry Raven, if you guys win, I shall consider it.
Ravenwing

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject:  

I think either way you could have Ouran one step ahead of Alyssa. It just depends on how you approach it. Someone break the tie! I want to read the next chapter! :cool: :-)
Alegria

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject:  

I shall shut it down now, the winner is to confront Ouran.
Ravenwing

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject:  

Yay!! New chapter is going to come up soon. I can't wait. Write the new chapter soon!

Storygames Home -> Sojourner's Journey - COMPLETE
Page 1 of 1