Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Polling Chp15
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Finite Cosmos - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Polling Chp15  

** This chapter has been difficult in forming, and apologies for the brevity and delay. There is a lot more detail I would like to add, and should the muses permit I will add to this chapter; otherwise I will elaborate more in the next. Chakra still doesn’t know exactly where her friends are, and the few answers she’s gotten are less than satisfying.

She has even more reason not to trust Holden, but he’s in an advantaged position to exert power over her. She knows little more about her situation, although she wants to find the others, which means reaching the city of Aetna first. How should she go about this? What options does she have, other than the obvious? Would any of these options be better than just following Holden for now? Could she somehow get an advantage over Holden, and regain control of her future? Suggestions welcome. **

At this time Chakra...
Avoids Holden and attempts to reach Aetna on her own 0
Physically arms herself and goes with Holden 0
Physically and mentally connects with Holden through direct contact of one of her horns, to learn what he knows 10
Follows Holden and hopes that he will offer explanation to her later 0
jnmrcs

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject:  

Maybe she could have more information beign with Holde, even with that isn't the best for her.
LadyK

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Good stuff  

Good chapter, even thought it was short. I look forward to more. I agree that more information should probably come from holden, though she doesn't want it. he seems to be accepted among the elite and so would have ways to get the info. I think she should go along with him, but cautiously, perhaps finding a physical weapon to take with her since his magic is stronger than hers. She at least seems to be able to block him out. And she should try to find out more about this ally he spoke of.
Muaddib

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject:  

Ummm a question. How did chakra end up as Tesla in the first place?
Shady Stoat

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject:  

Maybe Chakra should attempt to get inside Holden's mind again. Not to take the images he chooses to offer, but to get some information of her own. She was improving that skill last time she tried...

I remember Holden being dark, but not this dark. Could it be possible that he has been mentally altered or brainwashed, to a lesser degree than Chakra? Or has the coarser magic just taken him further along the road to evil?

Many thoughts about this one... but I still need to go back and read it again. It's getting a tad complex now :D

Well written Fauna. :cool:
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject:  

Muaddib wrote: Ummm a question. How did chakra end up as Tesla in the first place?
That was explained last chapter, somewhat...she's not overly clear on what has happened to her.
Smee

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:07 am    Post subject:  

*shudders* Ooh evil Holden. :-o

I like the idea of trying to glean something useful from Holden's mind, but if he spots you (most likely it seems) then he'll probably just be amused and be rougher next time he has you alone.

She could try a direct contact with her horn (I know, my usual solution to most problems she has) but if it concentrates her power then it could be worth the risk.

If he can help her escape though then she should take it. Once away from the slavers she can focus on the problem of Holden without having to endure any more time as a slave, and hopefully finding her friends.

Maybe she should stop fighting Holden and feign her own pleasure at his attentions. It won't work in the short term, but maybe over time it'll lower his defenses if he thinks she's not only willing but eager.

Just some thoughts. :)
luvd

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject:  

But Holden can't be trusted at all. How can we take anything he said as truthful? He's admited with pleasure that his been using her for his own wants. I'd say she should go along with him knowing that the person she knew isn't there any more and and try to steal any information from his mind when his "otherwise distracted".

But then another thought has crossed my fibble mind. As you say Smee, this is a far darker Holden. Happy to use her, to lie to her. But since he was so happy having his way why brake the illusion of Tesla in the first place? An Ego thing? He has lusted after her for so long he needed her to know who she really is? Or perhaps like Shady Stoat said perhaps it's not really Holden mentally. Since they see the chained demon as a demi god then they might have seen Holden (being the dark fella he is) as somthing sent by what nastie gods they worship as one of their own or a physical vessel for their dark entities and have twisted his mind so he's one of them, like they did with Chakra mind.

And what of the others? What are they doing right now? Are they too playing the part of someone else?
DukeReg

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:14 am    Post subject:  

I like the idea of trying to get information out of Holden's mind. At worst she fails, which he's used to, and gains experience. At best she gains more control over her own mental abilities and gains information about Holden and her circumstances.

I reckon a horn in the eye would hurt a lot, but I think that could cause more harm than good if she is trying to stay low profile.
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject:  

Polling is open now. Hopefully in the next chapter more will be explained and things should become clearer.

However we reach the city of Aetna (or whether we just get closer to it by heading in that direction), we'll have reached the edges of the Unknown Realm, which conceals the source of the Great Knowledge.

I see possibly four or five more chapters before the conclusion of this storygame, although that's just a guess-timate. :)
Smee

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject:  

Use the horn - she may find something out, she may turn evil from a Holden taint, but I think it's worth the risk.

Happy Writing. :)
Shady Stoat

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject:  

I agree. I already voted that way, but forgot to comment :D
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:52 am    Post subject:  

Vote appears a little one-sided :-o

I'll get on with the next chapter then and see if I can't get this wrapped up by the end of this year...maybe early next year (before my ticker reaches its destination).

Storygames Home -> Finite Cosmos - COMPLETE
Page 1 of 1