Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Gorin: Lighting the Way
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Battle to the End - Start Here!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smee

Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Gorin: Lighting the Way  

Below is one of the three characters that you can play in the Battle to the End tournament. If you would like to play this character, PM Smee or post a reply to this post. For more information about how the game works, see the Read This First topic in this forum.

I relaxed on the plump cushions with few worries. A sudden thirst drove me to pull aside a small curtain and I ordered a pitcher of wine from Luc. As dutiful as ever he dashed off down the trail of wagons that followed my carriage to carry out my wishes.

As I waited for the wine I idly started punching one of the cushion into a more comfortable shape; it’s fragrant filling of herbs and grasses was reluctant to cooperate. Annoyed at the disobedient cushion I traced a small V shape across it, followed by a small twist of my little finger. With a barely audible hum my body suddenly sank deep into the wonderful feather cushions and I closed my eyes.

The slow movement of the horses were smooth enough to have made the journey bearable if not totally comfortable. There had been no need to hurry; the show wasn’t going to start without the star attraction, me!

Luc arrived back, interrupting my self indulgent thoughts.

“Your wine Sir,”

“Thank you boy, come sit with me for a while.” I offered, taking the proffered glass of wine in one well adorned hand.

Even though he’d enjoyed travelling in the carriage before he still looked nervous at the offer. Having no talent for the magic arts himself, he was always half untrusting of being near any great source of it. It was only right that he should be partially anxious at being so close to the Master of Illusion and Light, but a gentle smile soon allayed his fears as he clambered up and tried to make himself comfortable in the nest of cushions.

We chatted easily with each other about the capital and the tournament. It was Luc’s first time and his 'young boy' excitement was infectious. His wide-eyed stare at my stories made me try and remember what it was like the first time for me, eager to feel the same enthusiasm.

“When you win, can I come with you to get the prize?”

I had to laugh, “Why certainly my boy, although there’s no guarantee. I may be the Master of Illusion and Light, but mages from all over Baklaran Kingdom and beyond, are drawn to this tournament and I may be defeated”

Luc’s face was a picture as he screwed it up at the thought of me losing. A sheltered upbringing meant that apart from a few parlour tricks, I was the only person he’d seen doing any real magic. It was an alien thought for him to see me less than totally confident.

“Worry not my lad, I have plenty of tricks up my sleeve and don’t plan on going down easily. If all else fails you’ll be treated to one hell of a show.
Smee

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject:  

I'll post a chapter. The people on my team will then discuss the chapter, help me decide on some options and then vote on what happens next.

I write the next chapter...etc. etc.

The Rules wrote: The storygame authors will write the stories of each contestant, but like any other storygame, at each decision point (such as during a tournament battle) they will get suggestions and a decision from the players.

Glad to have you on my team. :D
LordoftheNight

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject:  

I finally decided to see what the big forum inbetween Skiffy and the Streets was about, and so took a look. Is it too late to join in?
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject:  

Not too late at all :D If you want to join Gorin's team then send Smee a PM and he'll add you on.
Smee

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject:  

And I now have :D Welcome aboard Lordy :)
LordoftheNight

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject:  

Woo - Glad to be hear.

Now to finish reading those chapters.
Solomon Birch

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject:  

Alrighty, it was tough, but I think I'm gonna have to go with Gorin. Illusion is such a cool kinda magic! :D
LordoftheNight

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject:  

You're just copying me now aren't you?
Solomon Birch

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject:  

Nope. Just prefer the idea of this dude over the others. :biggrin:
Ovrlndnsea

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject:  

I'm not sure whether or not I'm supposed to post here or PM Smee (I always think of him as a big green slug since I started reading GvEvM) to join team Gorin, so I'm doing both. For the literalists out there, I'll go ahead and ask, as opposed to just posting this without asking directly:
"May I please join team Gorin?"
Muaddib

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject:  

Smee is in fact the right person to ask. Gorin could use another mind.
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject:  

I think I'll join. After all, you never know when shedding a bit of light on the subject will come in handy.

Is it possibly Gorin could fight an opposite of himself? Borin, Master of Truth and Dark for instance? :-x
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject:  

The White Blacksmith wrote: I think I'll join. After all, you never know when shedding a bit of light on the subject will come in handy.

Is it possibly Gorin could fight an opposite of himself? Borin, Master of Truth and Dark for instance? :-x

Glad you want to join in (even if it is in support of that smug Gorin fellow ;) ).

If you want him to have the chance to fight Borin, then create a bio for the Master of Truth and Dark and post it here.
LordoftheNight

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject:  

Truth and Dark? Because they go together so well don't they? xD
The Meaning Of Fear

Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject:  

oooooh! Me wanna join! ooooh, pick me pick me!
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject:  

I know you're only doing it so you can follow me around.
The Meaning Of Fear

Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject:  

No.

Rather cuz i think Gorin is cool. And because i dont want smee getting killed because of you.

Or vice versa ;)

YOu know what im talking about right?
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject:  

Not particularly. But carry on anyway. It's amusing.

Storygames Home -> Battle to the End - Start Here!
Page 1 of 1