Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Final Eliminations
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Battle to the End - Yahoo: Mind over Magic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chainfire

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Final Eliminations  

Elimination could be in our future. Unless we are to discuss and plan out our next few opponents, and those of Gorin and Jakeen.

You can vote for opponents here, after some team discussion of who would be easiest for Yahoo to defeat, and then when Gorin's and Jakeen's polls come up, who will be most difficult for them to defeat.

If you haven't already, here is a page to read about each character- casting call. Go off of past battles and determine who would be easiest for Yahoo to defeat then suggest it here for discussion. Then we'll go there to vote.
kingcappie

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject:  

I think it'd be great if the authors could PM the members soon and tell us which character they think would be easiest to write. As far as the characters, I think that Venar might be best for Yahoo. A little too secure from the sound of it, and not much defense against new spells. Yahoo uses a little magic, but powerful enough to inflict some damage. Then it'd be a matter of using wits (which we're good at) and wearing him down.
D-Lotus

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject:  

To me, it looks like Saota might be the easiest opponent. She uses distractive magic, and good looks to defeat opponents. Yahoo has too much experience in battle to fall to tricks like that, and his interest in young women is confined to Luna.
Ovrlndnsea

Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject:  

Vener seems to be the kind of opponent that Jakeen would get killed by, so I'm going with Saota.

Let Yahoo think straight!
kingcappie

Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject:  

Works for me. I cast my vote.
D-Lotus

Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject:  

Good, so far Saota is winning. But its close with Sleen. Lets vote for Saota, team, and take advantage that we go first! :)
Araex

Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject:  

I just voted for Saoto, but that only makes it a tie!
D-Lotus

Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject:  

Damn, were's the team when you need it?

We have to fight both Jakeen's team and Gorin's, so its gonna be hard if they all set their mind on Sleen (which they seem to have done).
Lord Rahl

Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject:  

I think i just broke the tie by voting for Saota. I hope so anyway. Do the warriors wear sponsors on their armor? I nominate Miller Grog Lite Draught on Yahoo's shield. :mad:
ninja baloon

Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject:  

Voted for Saoto because it seems that opponent will be to Yahoo's advantage. And because I give into peer presure easily. :P
D-Lotus

Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject:  

Well, so far we're winning by two votes, but we have to keep pushing it!
Ovrlndnsea

Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject:  

It's Saota, not Saoto.
Chainfire

Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject:  

All right team we got the opponent we wanted!!!! Everyone pat yourself on the back. Now that we got it we need to band together with Gorin's team and vote for the hardest oppenent for Jakeen so we can either knock him out of the tournament or seriously injure him. Thanks for banding together and voting everyone, this should get more interesting.
kingcappie

Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject:  

*pats back*

Let him face Sleen...they wanted to stick her in the arena with us for a reason.
D-Lotus

Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject:  

That's very true, but for some reason she doesn't convince me as the type to surprise Gorin. His current opponent already attempted that, we'll have to see the next chapter to see what happens, although I don't think he has many chances. I think Sleen is more likely to knock Jakeen out. Maybe stick Venar onto Gorin, see if he can resist Gorin's first hit.
Chainfire

Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject:  

hmm, I don't think Sleen would be the best choice for Jakeen. He's faced many trials before this and should be able to resist the darkness. I think we should go with Gorin's team and choose Charras. His faster skills can overwhelm Jakeen, and his power over electricity can super heat the air. When a string instrument gets too warm it gets sharp, if Jakeen can't play his instrument in tune then his spells won't be as effective.
D-Lotus

Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject:  

Oh, whoops. I thought we were talking about Gorin.

Well, in that case I think we should support Charras.
D-Lotus

Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject:  

Ok, so now its Gorin's turn...

I think he should take Sleen. I don't think there is anybody else that could be dangerous to him, except maybe Milton the Mad minister?
kingcappie

Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject:  

The other team mentioned Milton and Sleen too. I'm favoring Milton myself.
Chainfire

Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject:  

I think we should vote for Sleen, since Jakeen's team is voting for her.
Jack_D.Mented

Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject:  

As far as Saota goes...

Maybe we should distract her with small explosives aimed mainly for near misses.

And then, when she's not looking, either hit her dead in the face with a small bomb designed for aerodynamics so she'll have trouble blowing it back.

She seems to be a bit of an egomaniac. If you destroy her pretty looks, you destroy her.
Zeitgeist

Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject:  

kingcappie wrote: Name: Saota *against Yahoo- Round 3*
Race/Gender: Elvin female

Region: unknown
Appearance: Lithe and charming, she relies on a pretty appearance to deceive her opponent. Long, light hair sways in a perpetual breeze, and her mannerisms and posturing conceal a clever mind behind a façade of flippancy. Tending to attire her slender form in flattering and overtly feminine garments.
Abilities: Excels at air and wind magics, she traces runes in the air with a short wand. She attempts to keep her opponent distracted with showy details, mostly centered on her own charms. If that fails, she switches to ineffective, petty whirlwinds to divert attention. Her aim is to keep her opponent unfocused, minimizing the effectiveness of their attacks and slowly depleting them of magical energies, before unleashing strong wind-based assaults to assure her victory.

If strong wind assaults are her main attack, then I feel for her. Yahoo having hailed from the desert will find her no more than an annoying sandstorm. He will have more problems fighting against the currents that currently entrap him than a silly girl with a little stick. and Jack may have a point with her, a few cleverly tossed explosives could end her career as a tease.
Chainfire

Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject:  

Yes, I love these suggestions people. Thank you Jack, that is a very good idea and I think it'll be a base for the strategy. Give me some more ideas for people so I can make this fight more interesting and burn Saota to the ground.
Zeitgeist

Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject:  

what do you have so far? So that we can aid is your ideas. In his first fight Yahoo used transfigurations to his aid and to humiliate his opponent. That could be used again. Perhaps a banana peel under her foot as she twirls. Or maybe he could pit the surface of the arena so that she would fall on her recently exploded face in that manner.
Jack_D.Mented

Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject:  

Well, he could always taunt her about her looks.

She'd probably be kinda sensitive on the issue, seeing as they are her pride and joy.

If he gets her mad enough, she may slip up and give him an opening.
kingcappie

Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject:  

She's vain, but as you note in the description, it's mostly mannerisms and posturings that conceal a clever mind. Calling her ugly is only going to tell her that you're distracted however minimally by her looks- distracted enough to criticize if not appreciate.

Now the ideas about humiliating her or marring her face sound good. Likely she will fight harder against marring her face- she's not a novice and has made it this far with her good looks. But ridicule will likely throw her off balance.

Storygames Home -> Battle to the End - Yahoo: Mind over Magic
Page 1 of 1