Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

FANTASY IFY's - Best Style/Most Original - Vote Now
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> The IFY 2006 Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smee

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: FANTASY IFY's - Best Style/Most Original - Vote Now  

Okay. The nomination stage of the IFYs is over. Thanks to all who expressed an opinion, we've got some great chances this time around :D

Now it's time to vote, and you have three days, before the other half of the voting begins. The category up for consideration here is:

Best Style/Most Original : Best Style/Most Original : Which author, in your opinion, has written the most original and imaginative storygame in the past year? Who deserves the Best Style/Most Original Ify?

Get Voting! :cool:
Jack_D.Mented

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject:  

Went for China. Good story, and plus, I can't let you run away with all of em, Smee! ;)
LordoftheNight

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject:  

Although Smee's Time Before is original with it's varing view points, my vote goes towards GvEvM for being the first story - that I know of at any rate - to include IF characters, and to have the story influenced by auctioning for characters and plot twists.
Shady Stoat

Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject:  

Has to be Time Before here. Two viewpoints, interweaving storylines - not every author could carry that off.

It's a close thing between Smee's SG and GvEvM though... :D
Solomon Birch

Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject:  

If this was just for style, I think The Time Before would win hands down, but China's tale has that and heaps of originality as well. A twisting plot populated by more characters than is healthy, China nevertheless pulls it off with aplomb. Very funny, violent, with a crazy story that changes viewpoint constantly, not to mention the fun and original bidding system China has going for his story. :D
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject:  

Cast my vote for Greed.
Ravenwing

Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject:  

Fauna got my vote, though I think all the stories original. The addition of poetry at the beginning of each chapter, and writing a story from a supernatural being's perspective is certainly original.
Smee

Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject:  

This poll is now closed...

Congratulations to GvEvM who will go forward to represent Fantasy for Best Style/Most Original in the City IFY's next week.

Thanks to everyone that voted.

:D

Storygames Home -> The IFY 2006 Archive
Page 1 of 1