Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

FANTASY IFY's - Best Plot - Vote Now
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> The IFY 2006 Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smee

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: FANTASY IFY's - Best Plot - Vote Now  

Okay. The nomination stage of the IFYs is over. Thanks to all who expressed an opinion, we've got some great chances this time around :D

Now it's time to vote, and you have three days, before the other half of the voting begins. The category up for consideration here is:

Best Plot : Have you read a storygame lately, where the quality of plot has left you wowed? Then give it your vote for the best plot Ify.

Get Voting! :cool:
Chinaren

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject:  

A solid vote for Smee here. I think this one stands out from the crowd.
LordoftheNight

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject:  

I agree with Time Before, standing head and shoulders over the other competitors.
Shady Stoat

Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject:  

This is really a tough one.

On sheer quality standard, regularity of updates and ability to keep multiple threads running in a consistent framework, Smee comes up trumps.

However, my original nomination went to Final Death. He has a wonderfully indepth plot that seems to appeal to my twisty nature. When you look at the nature of the riddles set, and the prophecies given, together with the map, it all adds up to a grand tale of an epic nature.

And, because I'd like to see him come back and finish it at some point, I'm still going to vote for it this time around. :D
Solomon Birch

Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject:  

Though I find Smee's tale wonderfully immersive, the Stoatly one's Shadows of the Mind constantly grips me, and I find myself thinking very strongly about the progress the story is making. As Shady knows from my moaning, I was annoyed at how the last poll turned out, and this is a testament to how I value the story and it's characters. :D
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject:  

Cast my vote for Eango. The author has done a fantastic job writing this tale despite (or perhaps because of ;) ) the players moving the character in a vastly different direction from the original intent. A true triumph of the storygame that can only be generated from the interactivity of the players along with the creative mind of the author.
Ravenwing

Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject:  

Smee deserves this vote I think. To be able to tell a story from two different perspectives is certainly an accomplishment. And to have each character uniquely different is certainly a difficult task. :D
Smee

Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject:  

This poll is now closed...

Congratulations to The Time Before who will go forward to represent Fantasy for Best Plot in the City IFY's next week.

Thanks to everyone that voted.

:D

Storygames Home -> The IFY 2006 Archive
Page 1 of 1