Free online storygaming

Chapter 3 Comments
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Pillbox
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solomon Birch

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject:  

Great chapter Rav, loverly little world you've made for Mr. Mack. :D

I think the sensible thing to do would accept the offer of healing up a bit, and as we go, Mack can ask plenty of questions about the nature of the work that they are going to be doing on him, stuff on the amazing technology that's developed and being developed, maybe asking what kinda big shiny gun he's going to get. He could also ask some inquisitive questions about Kape, just to satisfy his curiosity.

*holds breath* :shock:
Ravagerrr

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject:  

ok, to clear things up a bit... the offer amounts to:

1: rest and recover some

2: start the healing process(not a real lengthy process actually, requires some stamina, but he's a little impatient of course)

3: tour the site first

4: ask questions: please designate which questions to ask
LordoftheNight

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject:  

'What other weapons do you have, and where can I get a gun like that?' spring to mind
Chinaren

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject:  

I think a quick tour and then get your new legs.
Shady Stoat

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject:  

Good chapter Rav. Very good :D

I think he'll be curious - but where will curiosity take him? He can't back out now, and he really wants not to be a cripple any more. The rest will be waiting for him after he's healed.

Go straight for the healing process.
Ravenwing

Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject:  

A very catching chapter, Rav. The General certainly helped make it a very interesting chapter.

I can't see how a little tour of the place will hurt Mack's surgery. Like Shady said, he is probably curious to see more of this place.
Muaddib

Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:45 am    Post subject:  

This is really great Rav. Enjoying it a lot.
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject:  

He's naturally curious and trained in caution. He made the decision to come here, the decision for biological regrowth...but I think he's going to want to look around first and take in more of what this new life of his involves.

He might want to make changes in his thinking, or perhaps suggest something more for his treatment. He doesn't want to be a puppet or pawn, despite wanting to serve. He has to know more about what he's getting into, to commit to it, rather than having it foisted upon him.
Solomon Birch

Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject:  

You lot have convinced me. I think he should take a look around as well. Get to know the facility, see what other marvels are lying around and ask what chunky gun he's going to get.

Vampireidiot

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject:  

Really good chap Rav :D enjoyed it

I think he should have the healing first, as that will be the main thing goining through his head, after he can have the tour and get a little more curious :biggrin:
Ravagerrr

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject:  

Thanks for the praise and commentary...

I'll post a new poll soon.

By the way... what are your opinions regarding Kape himself... how would you take it personally if you had just met such a creature in a lab promising to heal you're legs?
Solomon Birch

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject:  

Now, this is probably just me, but the way you described it really was quite revolting. The eye-stalks and the in-human, almost painful looking body really made me fell wierd. I don't know how this would translate to a soldier apparently used to seeing blood and guts, but I would certainly be worried that, despire their assurances, I might turn out like that, and I don't think he would want to at all. :)
Muaddib

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject:  

I suppose if I lost my legs, I wouldn't really care.
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject:  

All depends on the mindset. The creature was most certainly viable, although not able to walk about on the city pavement but then that isn't your aim for coming here. I would find the prospects exciting.
Smee

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject:  

Excellent Chapter Rav - compelling reading all the way through :)

I loved all the descriptions of the technology and the characters are great; the General particularly.

I agree with Fauna, we're likely excited at the prospect. We've already been told that we won't get any animal additions unless we specifically ask, so I don't think we should be worried about Kape.

I also agree a tour is a good idea, although Vamp makes a good point about getting healed first.

However, I think the novelty of the hover-chair will persuade us that healing can wait long enough for a quick tour first, allowing some more time for all this to sink in a little more first.

Happy Writing :D
Ravagerrr

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject:  

Solomon Birch wrote: Now, this is probably just me, but the way you described it really was quite revolting. The eye-stalks and the in-human, almost painful looking body really made me fell wierd. I don't know how this would translate to a soldier apparently used to seeing blood and guts, but I would certainly be worried that, despire their assurances, I might turn out like that, and I don't think he would want to at all. :)

I admit... that's what I was going for... I mean... can u actually imagine seeing something like that for reals? It would screw me up for life! Its fun to think of these kinds of critters but to see one in the flesh would be a bit more than the imagination could prepare you for. Have u ever fantasized and had it come real... the difference between imagined and reality is astounding.
Solomon Birch

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject:  

Yeah, I can see where the people who think that it'd be kinda cool to see something like are coming from, but I think it's not very realistic. Something like that would mess you up. Seriously wierd. Even if you read lot's of sci-fi and fantasy and see horrible films and stuff like that, it still wouldn't prepare you for the real thing, like watching Saving Private Ryan is harrowing, but certainly nothing like what really happened.
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject:  

Meh, you'd be surprised for what you can prepare yourself for.
Ravagerrr

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject:  

OK, Polls up... since I had a hard time getting to it quickly enough...(I'll try to get these up quicker in the future) I'll be running the pole for today only. Tommorrow will come a new chapter if all goes as planned. If you have commented and gave an opinion, but have not voted, I will count that as a vote, but please vote if you can.

Thanks!
Chinaren

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject:  

Inserted my farthing.
LordoftheNight

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject:  

Voted, for question time, and spread that tie around good.
Ravenwing

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject:  

Went for the touring idea. He can ask questions along the way.
Solomon Birch

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject:  

Voted for taking a tour. :D

Muaddib

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:51 am    Post subject:  

I voted to take a tour as well. You never know what you might find.
OmegaTerra

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject:  

Take the tour. :biggrin:

Storygames Home -> Pillbox
Page 1 of 1