Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Chinaren for Mayor. A speech I hear you ask? Very well...
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Election Oct 06
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chinaren

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Chinaren for Mayor. A speech I hear you ask? Very well...  

Citizens of IF! Lend me your ears...

Words are the voice of the heart.

Words. Words are IF's stock in trade. This is what this city is, ultimately, about.

As someone who has been here for a little over one year now, I appreciate the site that gives me a chance to put down my words and have them 'listened' to.

Before I came onto IF I had started countless novels, but the best I had ever managed was up to chapter 3. Since I have been on IF, I have finished a 'book length' story as well as many shorter works, and they are still flowing.

Words. We must remember that IF is about writing, reading and playing. Let's not lose sight of that.

Let us also not lose sight of the fact that one thing, at least for me, that makes the site compelling, different from all those other writing sites, is the community here.

Sure, people read the stories, but why do they come on here to to do so? Because there is a real sense of belonging, of friendship.

Like every community, it has its up and downs, but as well as the SGames, it is a place to 'hang out', to chat and relax. To wind down after a hard day in the office/school.

The two go hand in hand to make IF what it is. Now, I don't know how it will all turn out. However, I think we have something unique here and I want to see it grow and thrive.

"Nothing stays the same except change."

Since I joined the site there have been changes, and we do have several issues, as does any city, but I like to think that the core values and ideas are still unchanged. I would like to see the site grow and expand with these values and ideas at its heart.

So, let us work together, to write, to read, to play and to expand our horizons. Whatever the outcome of this election, as the last one and the next one, I for one will be on this site, helping the words to keep flowing. Helping it to grow, expand and thrive whenever I can.

Will you join me?

chiacutie

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject:  

For some reason that reminded me of the "I Have a Dream" speech and I really dont know why..

Anyways, Very nice speach! I like your banner. Very dramatic. Very chinaren. ;)

Well, good luck to you (not that you need it it seems!)
Chinaren

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject:  

It's not over until the fat lady sings Chia. I am not taking anything for granted.
Alegria

Location: On the beaches with Dr. Suess' Sneeches. Only the star-bellied ones, of course.

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject:  

Bravo, and many returns. I am glad to see that you have grasped both reasons I come here to IF.
chiacutie

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject:  

You wrote pretty much how i feel. I just seem to not have your magic with speeches ;)

Also-you probably COULD take it for granted that youll win because I keep asking people who they are voting for and they say " Sorry, I cant vote for you, Im going with China"

And I hate that nobody is voting for poor saxon* :(

Probably because hes not, you know, really going out there and like talking to people.

*i mean, people are, but not alot... :( poor saxon!

-edit-a question for china! Better be ready for people to asky you this!

Why do you think that you, not say, chia or something ;) *, should be mayor

*loljust an example
D-Lotus

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject:  

You say you don't know where the city is going, that your only weapons are words to expand and help the city. It doesn't seem convincing to me. Nice speech, but what does it mean? What are you going to do about inflation? How are you going to be more than any average mayor? Our only guaranty is your reputation. What else can you offer?

Sorry, I had to do that. I haven't decided who to give my vote to. ;)
Chinaren

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject:  

No problem D. I will transfer this to the question thread and answer there.

As for what my speech means... well it's a speech. It should speak for itself really!
saxon215

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject:  

i liked it but it seemed a tiny bit forced, awww chia, dw i know i can trust atleast one person to vote for me an thats all i need
chiacutie

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject:  

;) im good like that....

Now, theres a certain matter of some fables.. ;) jk!

Storygames Home -> Election Oct 06
Page 1 of 1