Chapter Five: A Deep Breathe Before the Plunge
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordoftheNight

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject:  

ok then, due to disagreements i have decided to usse both of the two options

Chapter Five: A Deep Breath Before the Plunge

Deciding quickly, Ulliana moved to the side, placing herself between the man and his weapon. She raised her sword and pointed it towards him.

“Hold. I must know who you are before I allow you to regain your weapon.” Her voice was as soft as always, with a faint tone of apology evident. The man nodded in agreement, and pulled back his grey hood, revealing a light grey bandage wrapped around his eyes. He smiled knowingly at her gasp, and began to speak.

“You do not trust me. I understand that. My name is Kagemusho, and I come from a land far away to the east – the land of Zalutan.” His voice was slow and even, no sense of urgency evident. “You need not fear me. I have been looking for you.” He paused and cocked his head suddenly, and a moment later Ulliana heard the sound of footsteps running up the stair case. “Fourteen of them – we should go.”

Ignoring the blade pointing at him he brushed past her and to the chest. Reaching into it he withdrew a long wooden pole as well as some other, smaller items Ulliana couldn’t spot. Pausing only to slam the chest shut, he tossed Ulliana a piece of folded cloth. Then he turned and leapt through the window which shattered in an explosion of glass.

Ulliana looked through the window in despair, only to see Kagemusho falling through the air, a large piece of cloth stretched out between his arms, slowing his descent. The door burst open, and in strode another of the Knights of Annerire, a tall black haired warrior. He was followed by a second of the Knights and a group of twelve guards. Catching sight of Ulliana standing by the window the Knights dashed forwards, their heavy black boots impacting on the floor of the room with heavy thuds, swords raised to cleave through her. Ulliana parried the first blow and dodged out of the way of the second, which still caught her on the left arm, cleaving a line down her forearm.

With blood falling and numbers on their side Ulliana decided was only one way to go. Kicking out with her right into the chest of the man her blade clanging off the armour of the other she dived backwards through the window. As she fell she unfurled the cloth, and hurtled towards the ground, fighting to stay conscious.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She awoke on a hard mattress, to see Kagemusho leaning over her, a damp cloth wiping her brow. The building they were in had a low ceiling with small patches of light shining through. It was dusty and had the distinct smell of horse.

“You’re awake” Kagemusho smiled. It was not a question. “You’ve lost a lot of blood and caught a fever. Lie still.” He turned away to pick up a bowl, filled with some form of paste. Ignoring him Ulliana sat up and took the bowl when he handed it to her.

“How can you see? Your eyes…?” Kagemusho nodded his head at the bowl.

“Eat it. You need your strength. I was born blind,” he answered her question,” and have simply grown used to it. I wear this” he pointed at his eyes “because my eyes are….disturbing for most people to see. They don’t like it. And before you ask – we can’t stay here long. I have secured horses for us. Though where we go is your decision.”

“You said you knew me. That you were looking for me. Why? How?” Ignoring her head Ulliana stood, glancing down at her arm. The wound had disappeared, when there should have been a long deep scar – even if the wound had closed.

“That is irrelevant. Eat and make your decision. We can not stay.”

Right then, what to do now? She can go to attack the prince, flee the country or try to find somewhere to wait it out. Or of course she could refuse to listen to Kagemusho and throw away the bowl - expecting it to be poison. Your decision.
Shady Stoat

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:11 am    Post subject:  

Intrigue. I like it.

Now, what to do? This guy's powerful. I think if he wanted to control Ulliana, he wouldn't need to resort to poisoning her food. She should eat, and try to get as much information out of him as possible.

At the moment, she doesn't know enough to make an informed choice. Hopefully, Kagemusho can tell her, at the very least, why he was expecting her and what that means.

THEN she'll have a better idea of how much trouble she's in... :shock:
Solomon Birch

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject:  

Well, you certainly are posting fast. But its good and very readable, so I wont complain.

I think she should try and find a safer and more permenant place to stay, so she and Kagemusho can decide what to do next, and staying in the city, while potentially more dangerous, allows them to move against the Prince faster and more easily.
Chinaren

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject:  

I am with the Soilymon here. She is sick, she needs to find a place to hole up for a while, find out more about Mr.no eyes and plan a little.

Nice chapter!
LordoftheNight

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject:  

ok, the poll is up
Chinaren

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject:  

Voted for number 2. Huzzah, it's winning! ;)
LordoftheNight

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject:  

imagine that. one reply - and its in front
Solomon Birch

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject:  

chinaren wrote: I am with the Soilymon here.

I resent that! I'm just a little earthy...
Ingrothechundyer

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject:  

Nice chatper :)
I voted to rest,
LordoftheNight

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject:  

ok then - the poll appears to be fairly convincing - i should be posting it up today or tomorrow
LordoftheNight

Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject:  

my apologies for not posting it up, i've been ill and bedridden through the weekend

should get the chapter up monday or tuesday though
Solomon Birch

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject:  

No probs Lordy, get well soon!
Shady Stoat

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject:  

Yeah, no hurry. We'll still be here

*tries not to tippety-tappety claws impatiently*
Chinaren

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject:  

lordofthenight wrote: my apologies for not posting it up, i've been ill and bedridden through the weekend

Pish! A weak and feeble excuse! Pull youself together man!

Only joking, ;) but get better faster! :shock:
Smee

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject:  

Quote: Only joking, but get better faster!

The story is only 2 weeks old, and already at Chapter 5. I think he can afford to get better slowly.

Leave him alone you prolific writing bully. ;)

Happy Recovery Lordy. :D

Storygames Home -> A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Page 1 of 1