Free online storygaming

Chapter Seven: The Castle of Akbar
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordoftheNight

Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject:  

Chapter Seven: The Castle of Akbar

Ulliana absorbed this information in silence. Her head was clear, and her arm miraculously healed. It was obvious Kagemusho had power, and he appeared to be on her side. However he seems almost a little too convenient – constantly showing up and helping her just when she needed it the most. It was always possible that he was working for the prince, or for another one of her enemies. Still – she had witnessed his skill in combat first hand, and she was no longer confident in her ability to defeat him. For now it seemed best to let him come along, regardless of where his true allegiances lay. She quickly informed him of her decision, and as was growing usual, he showed no surprise in it – as if he had known what she was going to chose before she had.

She stretched and rose, walking over to her sword and drawing it from its scabbard. The obsidian blade gleamed in the sun, the white runes etched into it standing out clearly. She ran her finger down the blade to find it as sharp as ever. She smiled, sharp teeth clearly visible, and turned to the Hoeder.

“Lets go.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two days later and the pair were making their way through the woods surrounding Akbar, their horses left on the outskirts of the forest. They had asked the would-be assassin for information, and he had been delighted to inform them of everything he knew, including the Crown Prince’s current location and planned movements. On reaching the end of the woods they followed the river bed that ran to the castle, crawling low through the mud and water.

As they reached the grate in the stone wall through which the river flowed they separated, Kagemusho working his way parallel to the castle wall, while Ulliana set to work on removing the grate. As each respective route panned out they entered the caste individually and made their way through the buildings inside.

Ulliana ascended to the rooftops and stealthily crossed between them, white feathered arrow nocked on long black bow. She only had to fire once, in order to silence a guard blocking her path. Without further incidence she made her way through Akbar, and into the main keep.

Silently she made her way through the dark passages, her bare feet making no sound on the chipped stones. From somewhere up ahead came the sound of laughter, of a banquet. Coming upon two passages, one leading to a curved staircase, and the other further into the castle – and towards the laughter - she was forced to make a decision. Towards the crowds of people enjoying themselves, and drinking themselves into a drunken stupor? Or to leave the ground floor and head to the Crown Prince’s chambers, and to wait for him there?

Bit of a weak decision point I know, and I'm aware its short, but I'm getting tired so I'll leave it here. Merry Chirstmas (and other holidays) everyone.
Shady Stoat

Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject:  

Sounding good. They're actually doing the job now :cool:

I'd say head up towards the crown prince's chambers... but be very cautious. Assume that you're working on your own from this point. Don't trust in Kagemusho because he's just as likely to change sides and make it two against one. This task is going to be hard enough without that happening.

Good chapter Lordy :D
LordoftheNight

Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject:  

well apparently no ones interested except for shady, but i'll wait a bit longer before putting the poll up
Smee

Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject:  

:lol: Lordy - you posted it on Christmas day. Don't expect miracles ;)

*F5*

Head to the bedroom for a covert ambush, better than the busy, crowded ground floor.

Happy Writing. :)
LordoftheNight

Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject:  

miracles are good though
Ingrothechundyer

Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject:  

I agree lets set up an ambush and hope the prince comes alone.
Black Widow

Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:02 am    Post subject:  

Well, personally, I would have an ambush set p, but I'd have Kagemusho nearby. Because if the prince comes back to his room well guarded, well then there could be a bit of a problem. And Kagemusho is HARD! And if Kagemusho DOES end up turn coating then you coudl always just run far far away and re-think your strategy!
LordoftheNight

Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:06 am    Post subject:  

the poll is now up
Ingrothechundyer

Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject:  

Voted
Chinaren

Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject:  

'ted!
Solomon Birch

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject:  

Voted to wait in his chambers. While it is true that he could come in with guards, attacking in the middle of the party is not wise. All the guests probably would try to stop you as soon as anything happened, whether you managed to kill the prince or not. If you wait in his chambers, your chances of escape are much improved, and you may get to question the prince before ruthlessly using his head a doorstopper! :lol:
LordoftheNight

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject:  

ok, i think i should be able to get the next chapter up over the weekend, or on monday

Storygames Home -> A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Page 1 of 1