Free online storygaming

Chapter Eight: A Mystery Unfolded
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordoftheNight

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:11 am    Post subject:  

Chapter Eight: A Mystery Unfolded

In Ulliana’s mind there was only ever one option. Storming into the dining hall would be near suicidal, and leaving the palace would be a coward’s way out. She had come too far to give up now. As she made her decision, a roar of laughter sounded from the direction of the dining hall. Carefully she turned to her let, and climbed up the staircase, her feet padding softly on the velveteen carpet. The red carpet masked the sound of her ascension, which was swift and direct. She climbed three stories, and then froze at the sound of a cough coming from an alcove.

Kagemusho stepped out from behind her. His dark grey robes had blended into the shadow of the alcove, and he had remained perfectly quiet while she moved past his form. A long black staff was held in one hand, while the other was empty and open. His bandage was wrapped around his eyes as normal, cutting off his vision. The Hoeder appeared calm, his visage blank, but with a faint smile on his face.

“The prince’s room is this way. We should go there – if that is what you desire.”

Ulliana did. Ignoring her suspicions about her companion she turned and led the way forwards. He had done nothing to hurt her so far, and had helped her in her quest. She paced down the corridor, Kagemusho following close behind her. At the corridors end were two doors, both richly adorned. She opened the first, and found it empty. Kagemusho moved to the other side of the second door, which Ulliana kicked open and dashed inside, sword drawn. Inside the room was well furnished, a large double poster bed in the centre of the room. Ornate burnished golden statues lined the walls, and pictures of great battles hung in silver jewel encrusted frames.

Without a doubt this must be the prince’s room. Ulliana glanced at Kagemusho, who slowly ghosted into the room. He looked around, his blank covered eyes appearing to take in all, even though he had no sight.

“This must be it. We will wait here,” Ulliana stated, daring her to correct her. Instead he merely nodded, content to follow her instructions.

It was less than an hour later that the door creaked open, and in strode a young confident man. A golden circlet was placed around his head, his blonde hair long and following. His clothes were of good manufacture, a deep rich purple, he had a sword clasped to his belt.

In one motion Ulliana moved forwards, her rune enriched sword held outwards. She grabbed onto his robes and dragged him onto the wall, blade to his throat. Kagemusho was behind her, his staff levelled at the man, whose expression of surprise was clearly heartfelt.

“Crown Prince, I would have words with you. Why are you after me? What is it you want?” For a moment he was still clearly surprised by the question. Her tail flicked menacingly before his eyes. Then he began to laugh.

“Crown Prince? I am no Crown prince – he is my brother. You must be warrior Ulliana. Come – release me – and I shall explain all of my brothers plot to you and your friend.”
LordoftheNight

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject:  

ok, new chapter is up. Decision point so far - should she release him and let him talk freely or keep him against the wall, continue to put pressure on him, and force him to talk, utilising all methods at her disposal?

and should she continue to trust kagemusho or not?
Shady Stoat

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:20 am    Post subject:  

Oooh, definitely keep up the pressure! He'll talk freely, whether or not you let him go, so there's no point in giving him any advantage over you :)
Smee

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject:  

Hey Lordy,

A good, albeit short chapter.

The Stoat-adoodle-doo is correct with this one.

Don't let him think he's won you over in anyway. Keep him held back and let him talk.

Happy Writing. :)
Shady Stoat

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject:  

Smee wrote:
The Stoat-adoodle-doo is correct with this one.

*crows like a rooster*

Darn! Now I need a stoat lozenge! :P
Solomon Birch

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject:  

ROFL!!!

Well, now that we've got past that, I agree with the two crazy chums; we wont gain anything by letting him go, other than an opportunity to escape or call for help. Ulliana is a good torturer, so she should make hime talk.

It'l be funny anyway...... :lol:
LordoftheNight

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject:  

you cruel dispicable man SB, it'll be fun indeed
Solomon Birch

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject:  

*Smile* :biggrin:

I try.... :lol:
LordoftheNight

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject:  

i think im a bad influence on you
Chinaren

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject:  

Another chapter! Hurrah! Nicely written Elder Lord.
Well, I have to f5 what has gone before. I can see no advantage in letting him go just yet.

Keep up the pressure. :-o
LordoftheNight

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject:  

ok poll is up now

it'll be up for either a couple of days or a week
Chinaren

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject:  

There can be only one. Choice that is. Voted to keep applying the pressure.
Solomon Birch

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject:  

There can only be one choice, and that is PAIN PAIN PAIN!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dragon_fire372

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject:  

I agree you should keep him against the wall for a while longer, but is it really necessary to torture him now? After all he seems willing to talk. Keep him against the wall, but listen to him before you pull out the thumbscrews!

<Walks away muttering.> Some people. Sheesh. ;)
Solomon Birch

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject:  

*poke poke poke........STAB* :-x

Come on, write some more Mr. Lordy! :D
Shady Stoat

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject:  

Yeah. F5 the Soiled one ;)
Chinaren

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject:  

Cmon Lordy, the poor chap has been held against the wall for two months now! He must be getting a bit tired.
LordoftheNight

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject:  

I didn't forget about it.

Honest - it was just resting.
Solomon Birch

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject:  

That's always the excuse.

*stab* ;) :-x
LordoftheNight

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject:  

Funny story - I actually wrote up chapter nine about a month ago. Then I forgot to put it up, and was just wondering why no one seemed to care about my story anymore.

Now all I need to do is find it, and finish putting in the few names I've missed, but I should have it up in about an hour.
LordoftheNight

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject:  

Sorry about that, but here we go. Unfortunatly it's got much more dialouge in it than I prefer to use, but I felt it needed to be said.

And, if you ask really nicely, I may even draw you up a map - won't that be nice?

Storygames Home -> A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Page 1 of 1