Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming
 

Chapter Seven - To Trace A Line
Click here to go to the original topic

 
       Storygames Home -> To Pass a Torch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Idea master



Joined: 10 May 2004
Posts: 1787
Location: Sneaking Idearium into your beverages.

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Chapter Seven - To Trace A Line  

I know I said one week, but I died over the week I was supposed to write it. However, I return with much insight about death, reincarnation, and such, and bring you knowledge from beyond the grave! All it takes is for you to sign here, and provide a drop of blood...

Chapter Seven - To trace a line...

"Well, let's at least try to find the Dragon and Unicorn today, then go after that demon tomorrow," Harold finally stated.

Lucy looked happy at the prospect of the way they would spend the rest of their day, while Xandra looked resigned.

"So. How do we do this?" Lucy questioned. "You must have some plan."

"Actually, I was going to use your book."

Lucy got the 'O' face of surprise and 'I-can't-believe-I-didn't-think-of-that' and passed her book to Harold. Harold began questioning the book. "Book, do you understand me?"

A second passed by, then the history book printed Yes in the same manner that the math book had.

"Do you know of the Dragon and Unicorn?"

I know of one million dragons and three million unicorns. Which ones are the ones you seek?

Harold looked up. "This may take some time."

He then glared at the book and thought hard. What were those names?...No, it was no good, he couldn't remember them now. He'd have to narrow it down some other way. "Do you know of the Founder that sealed the Spheres away?"

Yes. Him, his seven children, and their family friend did this act 11,017 years ago.

"Do you know of the two he passed this job on to?"

Talran and Lavica. They kept up their posts for one thousand years before dying together, but not before passing on the post.

"Have they reincarnated?"

The book paused for a moment. Then it printed Their lineage would determine who would be them reincarnated, if they were. I can show it to you, if you'd like.

"Yes, please."

The book paused even longer. Then it printed I am sorry, but my current rescources do not provide enough to display their lineage. Perhaps later?

Harold groaned. "How do we increase your rescources?"

I need magic, specifically, the magic that comes with passing through doorways. If I were to pass through another door, I could absorb more magic into myself, and be able to find their lineage.

"And you didn't do this earlier for what reason? Is it harmful to the Multiverse if you do?"

No, it's just that nobody asked me to.

Harold closed the book. "Well that was pointless. Let's go on to fighting a demon, then. Xandra, any tips?"

-----

Deep in the dark underground not five miles from the elven village, a dark cult was preparing themselves.

"Vest Nihlus, hast thou the dragon blood?"

"Aye, my lord."

"And Edward Colius, what of the black candles made from the fat of a giant?"

"Yes, master."

"And Steph Ailus, where is the black chalk extracted from the corpse of a chalk miner?"

"Here, my leige."

"And the dark moon shall rise tomorrow, and with it, the Walking Corpse cult shall rise in power. Nothing can stop us! So sayth Bubonic Plagus, leader of the Walking Corpse cult!"

Evil laughter rung out from the four black-cloaked men deep in their cave. Carefully, they began to inscribe the symbols of power...

-----

Deep belowground in another plane of existance, a demon sighed. "Look, I'm gonna have to put you on hold, I've got a Summoning coming in that I have to put on my schedule."

The demon on the other end of the com-orb nodded. "Always a pain, those mortals."

The first demon checked up on the Summoning Channel on his com-orb and saw that it was particularly evil, if done by a batch of poorly named villain-types*. Even better, it was in a world that was outside of the Event Horizon, meaning he would get to lay down some serious carnage that couldn't be instantly undone, or more likely, stopped.

He checked his schedule and saw that that particular Summoning had already been put down, along with an annendum: Bring The Message. The demon thought for a moment, then snapped his fingers and picked out a scroll from a crevice in his cave and read it. Ah yes, the standard cryptic message from the Higher Evil, as passed to him by the Greater Evil**, as passed to him by his more immediate superior, namely Bob. He memorized and destroyed the scroll, then switched his com-orb channel again.

"Sorry, it was more like a reminder. Got some serious carnage to lay down outside the Event Horizon tomorrow, so I have to be prepared."

"Coo- Wait. Outside the Event Horizon? Lord***, you know that if you try that, you'll stop existing, right? The Horizon will vaporize you and absorb your essence!"

"The Higher Evil has never been wrong before. There must be a reason I'm being picked, and maybe the Horizon is starting to fade. Otherwise...well, you can have my stuff."

"Sweet!"

"EXCEPT for Nastatia. She's going with me."

"Aw, man! I so wanted that succubus..."

*Look at their names closer...
**This is not a coincidence.
***Nor is this.
-----

"And if the silver and holy water don't work?"

Xandra had handed Lucy several artifacts from before the Sealing. She had, however, stated that their divine power would be in question, seeing as the divine spheres had been sealed away long ago.

"Well, then we go to plan B, in which Harold has to find the key that opens the door to the Light Sphere and either draw on it's energy, or shove the demonic thing in."

"And what if there are no doors nearby?" Harold was not feeling up to this part of the plan. Divine conflict had sunk Atlantis, after all!

"Then you'll have to literally shove him into the key."

"What the-...How in the-..."

Harold and Lucy were dumbfounded at this idea. Put someone into a key to move them? Transport across the planes without a door nearby?

"Oh yes, it's doable. It just requires your total focus on your objective, namely, pushing that demon through the channel of magic the key has back to the Light Sphere. Slip up a little, and the key will be destroyed."

The two teens gulped audibly. "So, where are the evil ones?"

Xandra drew a map out from seemingly nowhere and laid it on the floor. "We are here," she stated, pointing at a forest on the map. "The evil ones are somewhere in this area," she said, while drawing a circle to the plains to the west.

Harold groaned at the vauge directions. "I don't suppose there's a way to find them with this key, is there?"

"Why yes, there is. You could use the same technique that you'll use on the demon. Just focus on what you want, namely, to be only a certain number of feet away from the ones that want to summon a demon tomorrow night, and you should be there. Slip up a little, and the results could be painful, or even deadly."

Harold gulped audibly again...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Sorry for the short length, but this one fought me.
And I promise to divulge the lineage of the Dragon and Unicorn in the near future.
However, I have one poll going up now, and two questions to ask, one for last chapter, one for this chapter.
Last chapter: How does the Armada of Evil take the town of Greensbough?
And for this one...
Which way to find the evil ones?
F12
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Back to top  
The White Blacksmith



Joined: 02 Apr 2006
Posts: 2629

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject:  

I have combed the hair of voting*!

As for the DP, the Armada takes it by the wooden horse that I suggested.

*It was the best I could come up with, OK?
Back to top  
Player of Fates



Joined: 27 Jun 2007
Posts: 214
Location: Darkness

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject:  

I want some chest exploding action! Can we have some monsters inhabiting strange visitors and right when the defenses are down, boom, pop, spurt! Lots of ugly bastards everywhere ready to feel their bloated tummys.
Back to top  
The White Blacksmith



Joined: 02 Apr 2006
Posts: 2629

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject:  

... What?

I think you need some therapy.
Back to top  
tramp in a storm



Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 1585
Location: You never know...I could be in YOUR dust bin.

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject:  

One thing that I'm not sure about....
is Armada of Evil the army with the general who has the cool sword?
Back to top  
The White Blacksmith



Joined: 02 Apr 2006
Posts: 2629

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject:  

I'm pretty sure an Armarda is a large fleet of ships. You might want to change that.
Back to top  
tramp in a storm



Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 1585
Location: You never know...I could be in YOUR dust bin.

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject:  

Oh. :oops: I blame school. They shove things in one ear which push other things out the other ear. I'll just go through and re-read shall I? :)

Thanks WB. :)
Back to top  
The White Blacksmith



Joined: 02 Apr 2006
Posts: 2629

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject:  

No, I actually think it was Im that put it.
Back to top  
Idea master



Joined: 10 May 2004
Posts: 1787
Location: Sneaking Idearium into your beverages.

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject:  

Well, in the story, it won't be CALLED the Armada of Evil.

No, that's just what I use to differentiate between Deemer and the army.

In the story, it'll probably be the Red Hand, the Bleeding Heart, the holycrudwe'regoingtodie...
Back to top  
Idea master



Joined: 10 May 2004
Posts: 1787
Location: Sneaking Idearium into your beverages.

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject:  

Right, apparently the dragons are the bigger threat, so I close one poll and open another.

How does the Army of Evil take the Town of Greensbough?

The Kleenex of voting has been laid out, so wipe your vote upon it...

NOW!
Back to top  
Lilith



Joined: 10 Feb 2007
Posts: 1597
Location: Happily curled up in a Daemon's lap

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject:  

Sneaky, sneaky! Always fun!
:P
Back to top  
The White Blacksmith



Joined: 02 Apr 2006
Posts: 2629

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject:  

*sneezes*

see, I voted for the wooden horse. Problem with the secret exit is that it's a secret exit. Plus I can bet the people in power will know of it. And post guards.
Back to top  
dinranwen
Guest





Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject:  

You know...it took me a while to find this...but I'll think I'll stay now...it's turning out to be very interesting. *pulls a comfy chair and a tea chart and sets up herself in a comfortable shadow*

Very good work, IM, very good.

No input on the poll...but I have voted.

*holds up a tea put and several tea cups* Tea anyone?
Back to top  
The White Blacksmith
Guest


Joined: 02 Apr 2006
Posts: 2629

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject:  

Yes please. I've just bee ranting about Harry Potter and I need something to calm my nerves. Plus we can have a nice chat round the table while we wait for the poll to close.
Back to top  
tramp in a storm
Guest


Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 1585
Location: You never know...I could be in YOUR dust bin.

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject:  

Ooooh tea! *brings out some biscuits including Ginger biscuits* We could all do with a ginger biscuit! :D

Maybe if the exit is secret then they might be confident in that people won't find it.

Yey! going in through the exit! beat the system!
Back to top  
Idea master
Guest


Joined: 10 May 2004
Posts: 1787
Location: Sneaking Idearium into your beverages.

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject:  

I promise you all that if I win Storygame Of The Month, that I will write a chapter so evil it will make your skin crawl off your bones.

In unrelated news, fuzzy orange pelts will go on sale at about that time for 20 fables.
Back to top  
tramp in a storm
Guest


Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 1585
Location: You never know...I could be in YOUR dust bin.

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject:  

:lol: *passes over ginger biscuits* I'll make sure I read it when my brother is around so that he can be freaked out (and leave me alone) when he sees my skin do a runner :D


Quote: In unrelated news, fuzzy orange pelts will go on sale at about that time for 20 fables.

*looks at ginger biscuits* ....erm.... you haven't started making stuff out of Chinaren in advance have you? *puts packet of ginger biscuits down* ...I'll save them for later...
Back to top  
DELETED
Guest





Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject:  

DELETED
Back to top  
Idea master
Guest


Joined: 10 May 2004
Posts: 1787
Location: Sneaking Idearium into your beverages.

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject:  

The poll has been closed, the chapter writ, and will be posted upon the first! I just want to tweak it a little bit here and there...
Back to top  
Chinaren
Guest


Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Posts: 8677

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject:  

Welcome to your new forum IM. Please read the PM I've just sent about it.

:D
Back to top  
Idea master
Guest


Joined: 10 May 2004
Posts: 1787
Location: Sneaking Idearium into your beverages.

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject:  

The mighty poll has been fed and watered, so flip the coin of voting!
Back to top  
 
       Storygames Home -> To Pass a Torch
Page 1 of 1


Powered by phpBB Search Engine Indexer
Powered by phpBB 2.0.16 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group