Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

IFY Rules
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> IFY Awards 2007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: IFY Rules  

OK these are straightforward and simple, and similar to SGOTM.

DO NOT COME FROM ANOTHER SITE AND NOMINATE OR VOTE FOR YOUR FRIENDS STORY WITHOUT SHOWING THAT YOU HAVE READ MORE THAN ONE STORY FIRST.

NOMINATING FOR AWARDS AND VOTING FOR THEM

For a SG or Linear to be nominated for an IFY award, it needs to be nominated and seconded.

You can only nominate once for each category. If you second a nomination, that counts as your 1 nomination for that category.

You can nominate in as many categories as you like.

The author does not need to accept for it to go to the votes, but they reserve the right to decline if they so wish.

As with SGOTM there must be some evidence that you have played the storygame you have nominated or voted for.

The EXCEPTION to this is with Linear stories - since they are non-interactive you may nominate or second a Linear without actually having commented in the thread. Please make sure you have read the Linear that you are nominating, though.

STORYGAMES AND LINEARS ELIGIBLE FOR NOMINATION

Any Storygame or Linear that has had a chapter posted DURING 2007 is eligible for the 2007 IFYs.

This includes Storygames or Linears that are still running, have been put on hold, or were finished in 2007. Storygames still in New Storygames will be eligible in certain categories. Watch for seperate category rules.

If you wish to nominate a Storygame that is in Stasis Hall and cannot remember which genre it belonged to, mention it in the nominations threads, somebody is bound to remember!

Any questions, please post in this thread. :)
D-Lotus

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject:  

Didn't we already have 2007 IFys before the summer? Wouldn't it make more sense to wait until May, so that we have a wider range of storygames to choose from?

I mean, did the rules change- are we having bi-annual IFys? When I suggested the idea for the IFys over two years ago, I had in mind an annual competition, rather than twice a year.
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject:  

Nope, we havent had an IFY's for 18 months - Longer than I've been here. Wow, time must fly, D! :D
D-Lotus

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject:  

Wow, you're right. I must be losing track of time. In that case, I guess my old story Confession Box is ellegible.. and even Argo's storygame/comic. That should be most original.
NeverNeverGirl

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject:  

D only stories worked on/completed/started in 2007 and eligible - from your sig it appears that the Sg you were referring to was completed in 2006...
D-Lotus

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject:  

Well, the date in my sig is that of when the I started writing the story. I completed Confession Box before the beginning of this summer.

So hah! :D
NeverNeverGirl

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject:  

Sweetie you show your age... its not a case of HA! if you are right then you are right... i am not really into one-up- manship...

but if it makes you feel more of a man then thats fine... ;)
D-Lotus

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject:  

Me! Man! :cool:
tramp in a storm

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject:  

:lol:
So, can SGOTM winners be nominated as well?
LordoftheNight

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject:  

Indeed they can Tramp, the IFy's don't discriminate on whether you've won before or not.
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject:  

A minor amendment has been made to the rules - an author may decline for their storygame to go to IFY voting if they wish... :)
Geek_girl72

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject:  

Hmmm, that seems a littel odd. I can't think of why an Author would want to, has that happened in the past, out of curiosity?
Rune

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject:  

Letsee, an author may not like attention. May not like the IFy's, the person(s) running the IFy's, The competition in the IFy's, the way the voting plays out or how they believe it to play out during the IFy's just to name a few of the most immediate reason on the top of my head.

If you, for example didn't like Chinaren and saw he'd been nominated in every category that you were nominated in and you never once have outclassed him, you might be bitter enough not to want ANYthing of yours nominated in the IFy's. Why suffer 'yet another' defeat at the hands of what has become at this point, your own personal archenemy.

We're on a site with stories. You should have been able to see those reasons coming, now. ;)

And I use Chinaren as an example because he's too perfect not to. He's got so much material here in so many different categories that such a situation isn't far fetched in the least. He can probably be nominated in every single category bearing more than 1 work into almost each.

Some sleazy, bug-eyed, glasses wearing villain-type person could be plotting and planning Chinarens downfall with a vengeance. Watch out Orange. Watch out indeed.
Chinaren

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject:  

Gosh. I didn't realize I was so loathed. Finally. It's taken long enough. :lol:

Apart from Runes' rather er, severe reasons above, an author may not wish to split his/her vote between more than one of his/her stories.

Also people should have an option of not participating anyway.
Rune

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject:  

That's a lot less dramatic and interesting Chinaren. Shh. :)
Geek_girl72

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject:  

That makes sense I guess, but thankfully I've never noticed that kind of animosity here in IF :D
________
Alaska Medical Marijuana Dispensaries
D-Lotus

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject:  

By the way, is it possible to nominate one story and then second a different story in the same Ify/thread?
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject:  

Quote: You can only nominate once for each category. If you second a nomination, that counts as your 1 nomination for that category.

Like SGOTM you can only nominate once. A second counts as your nomination.

However you can nominate once in each category - there are four categories up for nomination at the moment, HEM, Fantasy, Linear and Skiffy.

:)

Storygames Home -> IFY Awards 2007
Page 1 of 1