Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Main Category Awards!
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> IFY Awards 2007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Main Category Awards!  

The first award of the ceremony goes to a cleverly written fantasy tale about a Thief and a Prince, that has a dark twist to the plot.

The winner of Best Linear Story goes to Dragon_fire372 for Nightrobber!
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject:  

The second IFY tonight is awarded to a historical storygame that followed the adventures and moral dillemas of a Catholic Priest. This storygame was finished in the Summer of 2007, but has stayed fresh in the minds of those who played it.

Best Fantasy Storygame 2007 goes to Confession Box by D Lotus!
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject:  

The HEM award this year goes to a light hearted tale of the trials and tribulations of a veteran superhero. Bizarre characters abound in every chapter!

The winner is.....
Barry the Normal by NeverNeverGirl!
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject:  

Best Sci-fi / Horror this year goes to a historical mystery about a new technology and the disappearance of its creator.

The winner is....The Magician's Touch by Crunchyfrog!
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject:  

Congratulations to the winners of the four main categories this year! Each went into the running of the Golden IFY.

IFians voted this year for comedy overall, and the coveted Golden IFY has been won by...

Barry the Normal by NeverNeverGirl!

Congratulations Ne on this great achievement!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well done everyone! Post your acceptance speeches here! :D
DELETED

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject:  

DELETED
D-Lotus

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject:  

I want to thank everyone... I... I'm s-so-so... *breaks down crying like a blonde bimbo who just won Playmate of the Year*

...so happy! *attempts to read from a tear-stained paper amid sobs, but realizes that everyone sees through his act, and crumples up the paper, tossing it away*

Oh heck, forget what I'd prepared, I'd just like to say from the bottom of my heart that... *realizes once again that people aren't believing he hasn't memorized the speech, and that two grim-looking guards are making threatening hand-gestures from behind stage. "Cut the crap." one of them seems to utter*

...Thanks. The quality of writing has vastly improved in this site since I joined, so it honors me to be selected as the IFy Fantasy winner this time around. Keep up the good work, everyone- always strive for your top quality.

Also, a big round of applause for the City Council and the organizers of this event. They made this IFy celebration more organized than I can ever remember! :D
NeverNeverGirl

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject:  

'Jinkies!' .... this 7 letter word from Scooby Doo's Valma when coupled with Shaggy's 'Wowzers!' sum up in its entirety exactly what i am feeling right now...

During the early noms stage i was quite literally freaking out that i hadnt received a Nom and could be seen often tearing up Lily and Messy's MSN with my frustration and pacing!

'If i am not even nominated what the (EXPLETIVE) does that say about my writing? Is my story so unmemorable? Am i so Cruddy? I thought ppl liked Barry... '
*lots of hair pulling and hissy fits intermingled with the above dialogue*

Then i get a nom (THANKS MESSINGTON! *Kisses*) and a second (WOOTS to Harls! *throws bottle of drink*)...

And then i tie with Galleons!!!!! A very much worthy adversary in the fight for best HEM - Rai is a great writer who has contributed so VERY positivly to IF and has proved time and again her strength in writing...

TO the tie breaker and suddenly its Barry! Barry who i wouldnt have rated with an outside chance at any point...

SO my big thanks go out to some specific people and to the whole of IF in general...

Ren - without you and your work i wouldnt have EVER picked up the pen again.. you are a master of your genre... and inspired me when i was numb... i'm sure you know it too - my hero worship got kinda pathetic.... but you Rock! o-)

Messy and Lily - You guys put up with so much of my crap and waded through half completed chappies for me and i am eternally greatful and love you both way much! What a trio! ;)

Lordy - what can i say? Your unfailing (oft times brutal) honesty and opinions were exactly what i needed - no mollycoddling from you! I hope you know how much i appreciate and luvs ya!

Last of all my little Cy ~ peacekeeper and pacifist ~ without you there would be no Evan
- rest assured he will be a major player! You lot should watch out for Cy! when his first SG hits IF you will see him ranking up with the Rens and Zephyrs! Count on it!

Okay theres countless others whom make IF that sanctuary it is and i think you all deserve an award!

Alright i am getting the usual shut it Nenners looks from the crowd so i will away and leave you with this ..

'Looking around the room it is possible to see that the world isn't in such a bad way - if herein lies its future, the descision makers of tommorow - then i go forth into this future with confidence'

VIVA LA IF!

Long may she Live!

Storygames Home -> IFY Awards 2007
Page 1 of 1