Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Tournament Cards
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Arena
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Tournament Cards  

Here are all the cards that each of you have in the tournament. Remember that you may only take cards that cost a total of 45 of less into any match.

Don't worry if this is overwhelming. :surrender: I know this is a ton of info, but all you need to do is look at your own cards, and pick a few that you like to take into battle. PM me of Chinaren if you want an explanation of any cards or help with picking them (although you probably want to trust my advice more than his, since he's one of your opponents). :D

Chinaren:

bookwizerd:

Smee:

tramp in a storm:

Meranos:

Phang:

Cyberworm:

lordofthenight:

:-)
Chinaren

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject:  

Mmmm. Wouldn't it be better just to let everyone pick their own cards? (If they want).

I can't say I'm too happy with my lot. I mean, 2 boats?? What's that all about then? And only 1 fellow with ranged attack. I cry foul sir!

[Edit] And horsehoes of speed and no horse. Hmf.
LordoftheNight

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject:  

Should a Wall of Wood really be Neutral? I mean, that means to use it you have to bung a creature inside, and it can't move anyways?

Surely just being a wall (as it's Blunt) is enough?
Key

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject:  

Chinaren wrote: Mmmm. Wouldn't it be better just to let everyone pick their own cards? (If they want).

I can't say I'm too happy with my lot. I mean, 2 boats?? What's that all about then? And only 1 fellow with ranged attack. I cry foul sir!

[Edit] And horsehoes of speed and no horse. Hmf.

But you've got some great trading potential - 2 Giants and a Lich! If I were playing, I'd trade you a horse for one of those.

Chinaren

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject:  

Quote: But you've got some great trading potential - 2 Giants and a Lich! If I were playing, I'd trade you a horse for one of those.

Yeah, they are okay, but who's going to be stupid enough to take two boats off me? I mean, come on. Two boats. I don't even like sea units.

Oh, and two pilots with nothing to fly! Ggrrrr.
Key

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject:  

lordofthenight wrote: Should a Wall of Wood really be Neutral? I mean, that means to use it you have to bung a creature inside, and it can't move anyways?

Surely just being a wall (as it's Blunt) is enough?

Well, that's why it only costs 3. :D

The idea is that unless you've got somebody behind the wall, it's easy for attackers to get over it. But remember even though you have someone on it, they still count their Power too, so if you have (for example) an elf manning the wall, you get a total power of 4.
Key

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject:  

Chinaren wrote: Yeah, they are okay, but who's going to be stupid enough to take two boats off me? I mean, come on. Two boats. I don't even like sea units.

Oh, and two pilots with nothing to fly! Ggrrrr.

They can pilot your boats. :P Or your elephant.

Actually, if I were you I might look to trade for a good high-power, 0 move creature, like a catapult or a living tree, and put it on your boat. That's what they're really good for. It's a pity we don't have any cannons in this set.
Smee

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:47 am    Post subject:  

So if I wrestled a boat off Chinaren and stuck my living tree in it - the tree could therefore move?

Would it also try to turn the water the boat is on, into forest?
Key

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject:  

Yes. The living tree couldn't pilot the boat, since it has no hands. But since the boat has an extra space, it could also fit a size 1 or size 2 pilot.

The tree's ability to turn things to forest is something that can be invoked once per turn, but you don't need to invoke it. So it could turn the hex it is in to forest, but it wouldn't need to.
Bookwizard

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject:  

this is nice, i like my cards :D my i ask when this tornement is going to take place
Key

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject:  

probably in about a week...we've got some time for practice and trading.
Bookwizard

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject:  

thats good, another quick quistin, how do we get thes cards well player, do we somehow find them, and do it ourselfs before the tournement, or is it somehow aredy equped
Key

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject:  

Everyone's cards are listed here. When you go onto the gameboard, you just select the cards you want to play with from the list of all cards to make your army.

The rules are here; they mention that you've got about a week to get acquainted with your cards, and do some practice games. Then we'll start the tournament, with these pairings.

Key

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject:  

OK, we've done some practice games, so I think we can get started anytime! :D

You can find your opponents here.

To have a legal game, it must be witnessed by Chinaren or me. I'd suggest finding a time when you and your opponent can meet, and then PMing us to see who can cover it.

So far, nobody's traded :confused: - remember you can do trade cards anytime you want, you just have to have both parties confirm the trade, and the I will make it public.

Let the games begin!

:duel:
Key

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject:  

Hey everybody,

Let's get some games moving! I haven't seen anything yet.

I'll be around on the gameboard as much as I can tonight and tomorrow, in case you want to practice or ask questions.

Let me know if you're having trouble setting a time with your opponent or if there's anything else that's getting in your way.

Chinaren

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject:  

yes, sorry. RL has been getting in the way for me Key, though I doubt you can help with that regard. The timing is unfortunate, I've only been able to pop on for a few minutes at a time. Hopefully I'll be able to get on a bit more in the coming week.
Key

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject:  

Just letting everyone know that that here's been one trade: lordofthenight has traded his Orc captain to Meranos for a Riding horse.
Key

Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject:  

One more trade: lordy has traded his Shark to tramp in a storm for a Riding horse.

Storygames Home -> Arena
Page 1 of 1