Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

The Archer's Quest Chapter 2: Desert
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> The Archer's Quest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: The Archer's Quest Chapter 2: Desert  

The next chapter of the featured storygame "The Archer's Quest" has been posted:

Chapter 2: Desert

Posting and voting are complete for Chapter 2.

This is the latest story in the Wheel saga, and a sequel to the novella "The Archer's Flight". Welcome to Wheel fans and to newcomers! A new chapter will be posted every Sunday night.

For more about the storygame, see the New Players Start Here topic in this forum.
LordoftheNight

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject:  

Just one question - it's currently linking to chapter one still. Is there any way to link it to chapter two?

As for the dp - stay awake, with your bow and a fire, and await the bear-thing. Don't shoot it unless it attacks - it obviously hasn't harmed you yet, so maybe it's intelligent or something.
Masterweaver

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject:  

Run away. It's worked so far, why change it? Besides, maybe the Cildren of the Serpent know about this?
Key

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject:  

lordofthenight wrote: Just one question - it's currently linking to chapter one still. Is there any way to link it to chapter two?.

I don't think so, though if there are any HTML/Flash wizards there who can tell me how to pass that parameter in, I'd be quite happy to be wrong. The first time I ran one of these I created separate HTML and Flash files for each chapter, so that I could link directly, but it's much easier to create and maintain it when there's only one Flash file, as I've got now, and it's also less load time for the reader.
Key

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject:  

Deadline coming up- - one day left to post!
sir wax

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject:  

I think that Deicia should confront the bear in her dream. She should make an effort to remember that she is dreaming, stand firm and ask the bear what it's trying to tell or warn her about. OR she could maybe trace the tracks to where they end... analyze. and see if she it is indeed magical or mystical then ask from within. She is trying to get back on track though i'm guessing so i would go back toward the ridge where she slid down and try to find a easier place to go back to the woods because if a Scarpi saw her in the desert, she's done for.

This is my first Wheel story and i like it so far. The second chapter is a bit confusing, for some reason i felt like it was a desert at times and then a non-desert atmosphere at times. But i love your dedication and creativity and great flash readers.

thanks.
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject:  

Follow the bear tracks, and see where it takes her. She's too weak to be able to force herself awake a whole night, or even manage to trap the bear I think.
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject:  

I say she sees if she can communicate with the bear, even reason with it. It is not a normal bear: that we know. If she can set leaf traps, or something to wake her as soon as the bear appears then she can catch it in the act and get its measure, maybe even pretending to be asleep to do this.
Key

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject:  

sir wax wrote: This is my first Wheel story and i like it so far. The second chapter is a bit confusing, for some reason i felt like it was a desert at times and then a non-desert atmosphere at times. But i love your dedication and creativity and great flash readers.

thanks.

Thanks to you too. And welcome to the Wheel, sir wax!

:-)
Key

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject:  

Poll's up, everybody - you've got two days to vote!

Lilith

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject:  

Oh darn it.. I missed the suggestion period.. I was gonna toss in set up a trap and then deal/talk with it when it's not so imposing..... oh well.. next chapter maybe
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject:  

Yes, you may want to extend the time limits a bit. Two days isn't nearly long enough for everyone to get in.
Key

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject:  

The White Blacksmith wrote: Yes, you may want to extend the time limits a bit. Two days isn't nearly long enough for everyone to get in.

I'm hoping people get used to the regular cycle - a new chapter's up every Sunday night.
Gallant

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject:  

I think this story's amazing! A chapter every week! Great! Pity I can't suggest, I'll just vote though. :D
Mother Goose

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject:  

Three-way tie! Next vote will have a lot of influence!
Key

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject:  

Looking for a tie-breaker...

I'll leave it up for another half-day, and break it myself if no one else does.

Key

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject:  

Tie is broken! Poll is closed. New chapter up on Sunday.
Key

Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject:  

Sorry, I won't be able to get a new post up tonight. I'll put one up tomorrow.

Storygames Home -> The Archer's Quest
Page 1 of 1