Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

The Archer's Quest Chapter 8: Spirits and Serpents
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> The Archer's Quest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: The Archer's Quest Chapter 8: Spirits and Serpents  

The next chapter of the featured storygame "The Archer's Quest" has been posted:

Chapter 8: Spirits and Serpents

Posting and voting is complete for Chapter 8.

This is the latest story in the Wheel saga, and a sequel to the novella "The Archer's Flight". Welcome to Wheel fans and to newcomers! A new chapter will be posted every Sunday night.

For more about the storygame, see the New Players Start Here topic in this forum.
Traveller

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject:  

ooooo...I like. I like. The water spirit is really cool...I like her...I hope we get to see more of her or others like her...is there a tree spirit? Or a mountain spirit? And then a dragon...I think we should go with the dragon...even though it seemed angry, we are trying to get to the seven sisters and it is either one of them or can take us to them so I think thats the way to go...as for the question...I think asking the water spirit if we can trust the dragon is probably the best start...she would not lie to us, I think, if she says no...well then I don't know what to do...but if she says yes we are on to the next part of the journey...loving this story...excited for more!!...-T.
D-Lotus

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject:  

Ask her what will impress the eldest sister.
scissorkitty

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject:  

Ask the spirit what the Seven Sisters are. At least that will give us some information to go on.
Key

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject:  

thanks for the suggestions, keep coming, one more day before the poll :D
Key

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject:  

Poll's up!
Traveller

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject:  

So I changed my mind...I liked the idea of asking what will impress the Eldest sister better than my original idea...can't wait for the next installment!
Key

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject:  

Get your votes in, one more day!

:-)
The Powers That Be

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject:  

Aw, I missed my chance to make suggestions. Probably just as well.

I'm afraid that at this point, this story has officially entered "one damn thing after another" territory for me. We get wrenched from one completely new and strange situation to another, and it's unclear that our decisions this time around have much of anything to do with where the story's going next. Does it really matter what I do now regarding the River Spirit and the Dragon Lord, or am I going to end up choosing between the Marshmallow Man and the Red Lectroid from Planet 10 next chapter no matter what I decide (sorry if these are spoilers)? I'll grant that the readers have some culpability for this, insofar as if we had made a less stupid decision last chapter, we may have continued to interact with the group of mutants and achieved a bit more depth to the story in that way. Anyway, you know me, I'm a Grumpy Gus, but that's how I see things right now.
Key

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject:  

OK, poll's closed. Thanks for voting everyone! :D

The next chapter will be up on Sunday.

Storygames Home -> The Archer's Quest
Page 1 of 1