Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

About the Newbie Introductory section...
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> IF Technical Institute and FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronjun

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: About the Newbie Introductory section...  

Is there one at all? I've seen several links pointing to these mythical sections but have thus far been unable to find them. Well, all I wanted to do was to say "hi, noob here" and make some related comments. Might you be so kind as to point me in the right direction? With a link that actually works, if at all possible? Thanks! :lol:
sir wax

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject:  

Here you go:

http://www.cityofif.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3486

and this is for the story of IF:

http://www.cityofif.com/main_about.htm

These are the basic ones but if you have any more questions just post them here or ask a mod if you see them around the way at the Inn.

Sincerely,
SirWaxaLot

EDIT: Also here for info on If's currency: http://www.cityofif.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1682
Smee

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject:  

Hey Ronny, welcome to the city :D

Waxy gives some good links.

Here might help if you're looking to write. It also describes how a storygame works if you'd prefer to start playing some of the existing ones.

But basically, just look around the city and see if you can't find some Storygames you want to try.

There's different genre areas to help you out.

Any specific questions, just ask.

Happy Storygaming :)
Ronjun

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject:  

Smee wrote: Hey Ronny, welcome to the city :D

Waxy gives some good links.

Here might help if you're looking to write. It also describes how a storygame works if you'd prefer to start playing some of the existing ones.

But basically, just look around the city and see if you can't find some Storygames you want to try.

There's different genre areas to help you out.

Any specific questions, just ask.

Thanks guys. About Wax's links, I have read them already, what I was looking for was for a more specific (if less useful) thread for self introductions or what have you. I've seen people in some story games pointing out at others to introduce themselves at certain threads, but the links were dead, so to speak (funny I found the first of them in the Grim Reaper storygame).

Apparently there are none, so I'll just introduce myself over here.

Hi!

That was about it...

Just kidding. A little bit of info. English is a second language for me, so you anglophones will have to cut me some slack here and there, although corrections, critiques and grammar/spelling help will always be much appreciated. My native tongue is Spanish, so I can answer any doubts concerning translations, phrases and, you know, stuff.

I live in Uruguay. Most of you are probably wondering what this is, but I assure you it is very much a country, albeit a small one, in South America. It pretty much is the rump of the world, hiding between Brazil and Argentina as if it were a shy and somewhat retarded little brother (sadly, we are politically treated as such too). However, do not fret for we have discovered the wonders of electricity and the wheel, as my own use of this computational device can attest.

I have enjoyed tabletop gaming, in the form of D&D and GURPS, but to be perfectly honest, dice seem to harbor an ancient and deep seated hatred for my guts (in an ironic twist, it tends to add both excitement and inevitable disappointment simultaneously). So I thought I should give this storygaming shenanigans a try. Also, practicing English can't hurt, right? I am more of a British English speaker, but that usually shows up more in my pronunciation rather than my written attempts, except for the use of "queer" words such as lorry, flat (as in apartment) and whatnot.

That's about it. Any questions or comments, do post below!
Smee

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject:  

Aah...

I've been away a while. Thought we used to have a 'intro' thread. Hmmmm, maybe not.

We do have a relatively new photo thread, in the open forum.

Anyhoo - here is fine for now. Good to meet you. I had a couple of highly manly *giggles* at your intro. Looking forward to seeing you around the City.

Have no problems with British english *woo*. It's the proper way to speak anyway. Here's to plenty of 'u's in words like colour and armour.

Chinaren

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject:  

There was an introduction thread, but someone seems to have deleted it, which is annoying, to say the least. (Key: any chance of resurrecting it?)

Anyway, I've started another in the Open Forum. I'd link it, but I'm drunk now, and this is hard enough to type as it is.
Smee

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject:  

Link
D-Lotus

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject:  

Welcome Ronjun.

Hey, your english is perfect, so don't worry about it. :D
Phang

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject:  

Oh never fear man, your English is pretty good. Very good. And I'm glad you've chosen the British way* - and you're a Spanish speaker! That's double bonus points.

*As far as I can see a lot of people get taught the American way - even when their country's closer to Britain.
solus.serpen

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject:  

china wrote: There was an introduction thread, but someone seems to have deleted it, which is annoying, to say the least.
:confused:
Who keeps on deleting threads in my forum without permission?

Welcome Ronjun! ;)

~Solus
Chemai Sterini

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject:  

Ohhh we have a traitor amoungst us! :shock: lol

Welcome Ronjon, and I remember that topic I posted in it when I first joined which wasn't that long ago, wierd :?
NeverNeverGirl

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject:  

*loves how all the mayoral candidates are suddenly friendly and welcoming.*
Chemai Sterini

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject:  

haha I'm sure they would have been anyway really...
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject:  

*is not running, so starts to write a really insulting, degrading introductionary speech*

So, who's saying hello next?
Ronjun

Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject:  

Ha, I'm not sure I have earned my citizenship yet! And I have only so many votes to go around...

However, many thanks for the many welcomes!
Lilith

Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject:  

Quote: but to be perfectly honest, dice seem to harbor an ancient and deep seated hatred for my guts

Hehe.... You'll fit in alright here I think. With me anyway.

Welcome Ronjun. I hope you enjoy your time in the city. ;)
Key

Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject:  

Hey Ronjun,

Welcome to the City! Hope you like it. :D

:welcome:

Quote: There was an introduction thread, but someone seems to have deleted it, which is annoying, to say the least. (Key: any chance of resurrecting it?)

Not much unfortunately. :( I can potentially get the text for a particular post that's I've backed up, but I'd have to search separately for each post in that topic and then create a new topic to put it in - there's no way to just resurrect the topic.

Storygames Home -> IF Technical Institute and FAQ
Page 1 of 1