Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Chapter timing
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> The Archer's Quest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Chapter timing  

Would people rather I go slower with the chapters? I've been trying to stay on a weekly schedule, but it seems like a lot of people are missing chapters.
Lilith

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject:  

*wince* I'd hate to say it, but yes. Perhaps every two weeks? Leave a week to get to the poll and a week to read?
Chinaren

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject:  

I'm afraid I've only been glancing at this one from time to time, but I do agree that a 1 week turnaround is a little fast.
Crossfire

Location: Somewhere between here and not-here, now and not-now... in the half-light, the borderlands, between.

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject:  

If you really think you can plan out and post an exquisitely excellent, full-length chapter in one week (allowing time for voting), go for it.

You're the King, though. Quality's the most important factor- people are going to read your story even if there's a month between additions.

Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject:  

Yes, please take your time and leave enough time for readers to catch up.
D-Lotus

Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject:  

Personally, I enjoy the chapter a week, but unfortunately, it doesn't generate much interesting conversation, so yes, I would advise slowing down.
LordoftheNight

Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject:  

I don't mind either way. A chapter a week isn't really hard reading, but I suppose it'd be easier for those who aren't on as often.
Mother Goose

Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject:  

I read a chapter a week eagerly, as long as people with quicker minds than mine can come up with comments that fast. I guess a slower timetable would give me more chance to mull it over and think of something. (Or maybe not, but I wouldn't have an excuse then, would I?)
sir wax

Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject:  

My reading style isn't quick at all (i do the character voices and everything o-)). So yes, please do. I'd say the two week turn would do it. One week chapter discussion, week two poll.

I know why you did it though, and it is true that SG's need a certain amount of scheduling so that it won't leave the mind of the player, so it's understandable why. I just think it would help more people put their two cents in when they can.

Sincerely,
SirWaxaLot
Key

Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject:  

OK, thanks for the feedback, everyone. We'll try a two-week cycle for the next few chapters, and see how it goes.

:-)

Storygames Home -> The Archer's Quest
Page 1 of 1