Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

The Archer's Quest Chapter 13: War
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> The Archer's Quest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: The Archer's Quest Chapter 13: War  

The next chapter of the featured storygame "The Archer's Quest" has been posted:

Chapter 13: War

Posting and voting are complete for chapter 13.

This is the latest story in the Wheel saga, and a sequel to the novella "The Archer's Flight". Welcome to Wheel fans and to newcomers! A new chapter will be posted every Sunday night.

For more about the storygame, see the New Players Start Here topic in this forum.
Key

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject:  

There was a scrolling problem on the Flash movie. Fixed now.
Mother Goose

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject:  

Now can we go look for other Makers? Deica may have Ursa's power, but even so she's no match for a god, six dragons and an army of wolves, and if she thinks she's going to change the nature of the god of war, she's kidding herself!

She needs allies, and beings like herself, human in form, seem the most likely to share her goals. With or without Merope, she should leave the serpents - they speak with forked tongues and only offer to help her for their own purposes.
Lilith

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject:  

Actually, I'm gonna have to disagree with you Mother Goose. I think she should stay with them.. now they fear her as well, correct? No harm will come to her now, so she can safely go with them.... as for the God of War... well... she encountered him before, did she not? And she handled herself quite well. ;)
scissorkitty

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject:  

I'm very curious as to why Merope can't seem to take her dragon form. And how, exactly, did Merope unleash something to cause the birth of the 12 Makers? Also, what's all this about Ursa? I think Deica should get the truth from her "Mother" before making a decision about War and the Sisters. Conceivably, Merope should be able to teach Deica about her powers, even if Merope is unable to use her own.
D-Lotus

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject:  

Eat more bears! No, just kidding. Awesome chapter, though. I loved how Mars ties in with the previous story, where the hero liberates him from the tower. Anyway, best chapter so far. :)

I agree with Mother Goose, let's find the other makers. But why did Ursa follow Deica around? That's a question worth resolving before we leave. Promise them your aid, and ask them that question, and then run away in the middle of the night.

Once she finds the other makers, they can find some other spirits to eat... hopefully. :)
Lilith

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject:  

Quote: I'm very curious as to why Merope can't seem to take her dragon form. And how, exactly, did Merope unleash something to cause the birth of the 12 Makers?

Anyone feel free to correct me! But I am going to assume that she can't take her dragon form because of the thing she did so that she became "connected" to the 12 Makers. Perhaps she had to give up her dragon form to be able to do that?
Mother Goose

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject:  

scissorkitty wrote: Conceivably, Merope should be able to teach Deica about her powers, even if Merope is unable to use her own.
A good thought, and another reason to go. Merope won't be able to teach Deica anything unless they leave together - Merope is being banished and won't be around to protect or counsel Deica if she stays.

Also, Alethra wants to get away; staying, Deica would have the added responsibility to protect her horse from the hungry wolves.
Key

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject:  

OK, so we've got:

- Look for the other Makers
- Join the Serpentine army
- Pretend to join the Serpentine army, then look for the other Makers

There's also been requests to find info, so I'll assume in any case Deica asks about Ursa, what Merope did to create the Makers, and why she lost her dragon form. But I'll also toss two more options if you think she shouldn't make a decision until she gets answers to her questions:

- Ask Merope what you want to know before making a decision
- Ask the Serpentines what you want to know before making a decision

Anything else?
Key

Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject:  

Poll's up!

:-)
Mother Goose

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject:  

How come D-Lotus's vote counted twice? Something rotten in the state of If?
Key

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject:  

Not sure what the issue was, but it looks like there were some polling problems. So I've restarted the poll. Please vote away :D
Key

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject:  

Looking for some more votes....
LordoftheNight

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject:  

Woo - join the Serpentines. Why wouldn't you want to ally yourself with the most powerful force out there?

Storygames Home -> The Archer's Quest
Page 1 of 1