Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

The Archer's Quest Chapter 14: Council in the Sky
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> The Archer's Quest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: The Archer's Quest Chapter 14: Council in the Sky  

The next chapter of the featured storygame "The Archer's Quest" has been posted:

Chapter 14: Council in the Sky

Posting and voting are complete for Chapter 14.

This is the latest story in the Wheel saga, and a sequel to the novella "The Archer's Flight". Welcome to Wheel fans and to newcomers! A new chapter will be posted every Sunday night.

For more about the storygame, see the New Players Start Here topic in this forum.
D-Lotus

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:10 am    Post subject:  

Find Merope. She's like a key to the rest of the new generation of Makers. At first all this mystical talk about the history of The Wheel confused me some, but it finally became clear once I simplified things in my mind. 1st generation- Elders, spirits and Serpent. 2nd- Makers. 3rd- Makerites. 4th- Deica and company. Correct?

I liked the imagery of the dragon's fire casting "strange shadows" on the clouds. Foreboding and metaphorical, very nice.
Lilith

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject:  

For once, I have to agree with D. Find Merope, since Acylone won't tell you more, Merope will. But here's something to chew on. What if Merope has already headed off to find some of the other Makers? Would she leave clues for Deica to follow?
Key

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject:  

D-Lotus wrote: At first all this mystical talk about the history of The Wheel confused me some, but it finally became clear once I simplified things in my mind. 1st generation- Elders, spirits and Serpent. 2nd- Makers. 3rd- Makerites. 4th- Deica and company. Correct?

Yes, that's pretty much it. The World Serpent is more like 0th generation, since it was there before everybody else. And the dividing lines between Ages don't exactly match up with the arrivals of the new generations. But basically that's right.

I had a much longer history of all the events of the First and Second Ages, but I cut it for space reasons. Maybe I'll put it in an Epilogue...
Key

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject:  

Any suggestions on how to find Merope? Or which direction to go?
D-Lotus

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject:  

Umm... Follow her tracks? Or maybe Ursa can guide you... somehow (there is some sort of magical connection between elders, hopefully?).
LordoftheNight

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject:  

Can I suggest just staying put? I understand the desire to learn more about her origins, but the phrase curiosity killed the cat is always true - maybe it's time to forget about the past, and look to the future. Namely the future where the Sisters and their army control the Wheel, and pissing them off is a very bad thing?

After all, if she stays with them, she can try and limit Mars' destruction - maybe save countless lives. Why be so selfish as to abandon countless Makerites to death?
Mother Goose

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject:  

I wouldn't worry about pissing off the Sisters. In spite of their smiles and "dearie"s they are not Deica's friends and would gladly kill her if they dared. And I don't think she has much chance of saving Makerite lives through her influence on War himself. Merope tried to do that when she was giving the orders, with no success at all.

No, she should leave. She needs allies; if one Maker has some power, a number of them, all different, might have more than the sum of their individual powers. Finding Merope would be a logical first step to aim for, but if that fails, she should look for the Makers she knows about.

How to find Merope? Maybe in with the archery, her grandfather gave her some tracking skills? Merope would probably want to be found, anyway, and if not deliberately leaving a trail, at least wouldn't hide her tracks.

Or head for the nearest segment of the Wheel Merope mentioned, hoping that she would have gone to look for other Makers herself.
Key

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject:  

OK, poll is up.

Deica has some basic tracking knowledge, but Merope's been gone for several days and Deica doesn't know where she left from. So she could look around the area for some sign of Merope's departure (which would really only work if Merope was still around or deliberately left some sign of where she went), or she could set off for the nearest Maker's birthplace in the Goatfooat Forest, hoping that she'll find Merope along the way, or she could stay with the Serpentines.

Happy voting :D

Storygames Home -> The Archer's Quest
Page 1 of 1