Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Questions (start replying)
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Election Oct 08
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Questions (start replying)  

Dear mayor/mayoress here is my questions.

If you were busy with your duties what would they be?

Would you have time to help out Ifains with answering their questions or will your job get in the way?

What are your interests as aspiring author and soon to be mayor/mayoress?

What choices will you make as mayor/mayoress?

Are you a diplomat? Do you like politics?

If you were mayor/mayoress would you change If? And why?

If you were Mayor/mayoress would you ignore someone after you have offered him/her help? (sorry for this question, but I had to ask it)

If someone did something stupid/bad on the forum what would you do?
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Questions (start replying)  

Christalnightshade wrote: Dear mayor/mayoress here is my questions.

The Admin duties are pretty much as set out Here They are not a full time job, not all of them need to be done on a regular basis. Some may take more time than others but that really depends on what is going on in the City at the time.

Quote: Would you have time to help out Ifains with answering their questions or will your job get in the way?

I make a point of replying to every question, request or message, even if it is just to acknowledge. That is a personal standard, and I've never let the Mayoral role get in the way of that.

Quote: What are your interests as aspiring author and soon to be mayor/mayoress?

As an aspiring author I am working hard to improve my standard of writing. I do a lot of reading, and am currently contemplating a distance learning course in creative writing. I have a major project on at the moment which I hope will one day be good enough to get published.

As mayoress, my interests would be IF and the Storygaming culture.

Quote: What choices will you make as mayor/mayoress?

Not sure I understand the question here, so I won't answer it just now in case I misunderstood it. If you could clarify your question I'll be happy to answer later. :)

Quote: Are you a diplomat? Do you like politics?

A Diplomat? I try my best but I'm only human :D I don't like politics at all. I just like to get the job done.

Quote: If you were mayor/mayoress would you change If? And why?

No. Unless something major comes up that needs addressing, my main priority is to keep things on an even keel. That doesn't mean I'd stop others from going forward with the projects they have for the site. There are some great ideas around and some creative people and I'd certainly encourage them to bring their ideas to fruition.

Quote: If you were Mayor/mayoress would you ignore someone after you have offered him/her help? (sorry for this question, but I had to ask it)

No.

Quote: If someone did something stupid/bad on the forum what would you do?

I make sure I have all the information - the entire picture - before making a decision.

:)

Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject:  

Oh, the question was... If you were mayor/mayoress what things would you do in order to better the place? (obviously it would be good actions, becuase actions speak louder than words.) there ya go its clarified.
NeverNeverGirl

Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: Questions (start replying)  

Quote: Dear mayor/mayoress here is my questions.

I believe the CF answered this in the best way - the Job Description but apart from the offical role I think that an important aspect of the Mayors role is as a Presence on If. Being known to the populace and on an at least familiar basis with as many people as possible.

Quote: Would you have time to help out Ifains with answering their questions or will your job get in the way?

Unfortunatly at times life can get in the way of even the best intentions. We all try not to let it happen but sometimes these things happen. As mayoress I would be doubly concious of the needs of If and endeavour the best I can to

Quote: What are your interests as aspiring author and soon to be mayor/mayoress?
It is my goal to be a published Author. To this end I work constantly on my writing and writing skills in numerous different forms which I would be happy to discuss in further depth with anyone who may be interested.
My personal interests include Graphic Design, Web Design, Computer Animation and all sorts of Literature, I am an avid devourer of books and pride myself on my excessive and extensive collection.

Quote: Are you a diplomat? Do you like politics?
I consider diplomacy to be having the skills necessary for managing situations so that there is little or no ill will.
This is a skill that I believe that I have been able to foster in myself and while I am not perhaps, the Most diplomatic of all IFians, I am certain that I am summed up in the words of my small daughter (responding to a friend of hers when they were arguing over a toy) 'My mum always says that you just need to let some things go.. Let it flow and come back again later..'

Quote: If you were mayor/mayoress would you change If? And why? There is so much about IF that I love that I can't imagine making any major changes.
I reiterate what I have said else where - I believe that we should undertake to facilitate those changes that were suggested by previous mayors that met with such support from everyone and only after they have been checked off the list should we begin to add more to it.

Quote: If you were Mayor/mayoress would you ignore someone after you have offered him/her help? (sorry for this question, but I had to ask it)
Thats a fair question to ask and I am pretty sure that I am aware of where it comes from. More often than not these things are resolved simply by asking the person why they are ignoring you (if they are at all).
As a person I try my best to help everyone who asks me for help so therefor it stands to reason that as Mayoress I would do the same.

Quote: If someone did something stupid/bad on the forum what would you do?
Well it really depends on the degree of the action. More often than not a simple PM informing someone that they did somehting silly (and editing/removing the offending post) is enough to remedy the situation. Often we do things in the heat of the moment and don't realise until later how it may be taken by other people.

If the situation is sensitive or I am not sure how to proceed I would take this to council and take into consideration their opinions before proceeding with any further action.

Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject:  

We'll where do you think does the question come from Nene? If you think it is becuase I'm directing it to you. I'm not directing the question at anyone....
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject:  

Christalnightshade wrote: Oh, the question was... If you were mayor/mayoress what things would you do in order to better the place? (obviously it would be good actions, becuase actions speak louder than words.) there ya go its clarified.

Eek! Another one I missed. Luckily it was asked elsewhere and here is my answer...

Crunchyfrog wrote: zahark wrote: If elected what wold you do to If to make it better, what would you do to improve the pre-existing forums and other things in If? What will you do about new ideas or problems that may or may not present them selves?

I don't have an agenda to bring about any major changes to make IF 'better'. But I will encourage others to work on their own projects that are already out there.

Sometimes new ideas or problems do come up from time to time that the Mayor, Council, and sometimes the whole community need to deal with. You can't predict what they'll be or what you're expected to do about them - except take the best advice and make the right decision.
Idea master

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject:  

I would like to offer my humble apologies to everyone. Between the charity work, spending time with loved ones, and overcoming a nasty bout of flu, I've not had much time to get on and read your questions. The only time I've had has been used to update my little tournament thing.

Soon. I promise to answer questions soon.
Crossfire

Location: Somewhere between here and not-here, now and not-now... in the half-light, the borderlands, between.

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject:  

Christalnightshade wrote: Dear mayor/mayoress here is my questions.

These questions are boring. But, OK. :D

Whoever it is that said this wrote: If you were busy with your duties what would they be?

Er... eating kittens? *Looks puzzled.* If you want to know the duties of the incipient Mayor-thingy, there's a topic around here SOMEWHERE. *Casts around vaguely.*

Deadly flowers spoke their thoughts en masse and wrote: Would you have time to help out Ifains with answering their questions or will your job get in the way?

Well, I AM, aren't I... *Smiles, then suddenly looks serious.*

If people ask me stuff that I know the answer to, I'll answer- unless it's something SILLY- in which case I'll probably answer with something silly, or not at all. Otherwise... there are all manner of non-Mayor thingies that probably know LOTS more about whatever you're asking than ME. :O

A shadow of the night unfolded into brilliance, and wrote: What are your interests as aspiring author and soon to be mayor/mayoress?

I like death, violence, long walks in bizarre and twisted sub-dimensions... also cookies. *Thoughtfully.*

IF- and changing IF, in lots of interesting ways- are similarly fun. :o

Someone crystalline, iridescent and entrancing in form elegantly wrote: What choices will you make as mayor/mayoress?

Lots. :O

People wrote: Are you a diplomat? Do you like politics?

I can be super-diplomatic! I can eat people slowly, quickly... or, if I'm being really MEAN, *Cheerfully...* not at all. (Being eaten is a compliment!)

Other people, or possibly the SAME people, or even... A PERSON (*Assorted Gasps!*), wrote: If you were mayor/mayoress would you change If? And why?

(I'm a Mayorin', or possibly a Mayorite, though I suppose it doesn't really matter. :o)

In short... YES! O_o... why would I be Mayor otherwise?! Without the ability to change the City and make it just a little bit better, you're just a glorified Councillor. :o

Chinaren leaned over intently, jowls waggling as he rested his noted chin on a vast pile of Fables. "A Citizen SPOKE?! What did it SAY?!" The captive demon, silently and mockingly answering in angular, twisted runic script, wrote: If you were Mayor/mayoress would you ignore someone after you have offered him/her help?

Nope! I'd help 'em- IF I had said I would, y'see. Other than that, some have said ignorance is a wonderful invention. Depending on how you use it, I'd agree. *Frowns at mean people.*

A fragile bloom unfolded its luminescent tendrils, and, lest they faded in the light of the sun, swiftly wrote: If someone did something stupid/bad on the forum what would you do?

Depends on the severity of the action, duh! Mayors can do lots of things, but usually you have to exercise discretion, keep in mind all variables that are in place... n'other-such.

I, on the verge of total depletion of energy, acted, spoke and wrote: *Collapses, suddenly, whispering, "I... will... carry on...", before fading into the shadows, reappearing in the lovely cushions by the fire in the Inn, rejoicing in its comforts and smiling gently, relieved and joyful, to itself, whilst sipping a cup of liquid Tasty-Cookies.*

YAY!

Storygames Home -> Election Oct 08
Page 1 of 1