Free online storygaming

The Recruitment:Chapter -2-
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bookwizard

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: The Recruitment:Chapter -2-  

Prologue
There was a boom and a flash, and suddenly everything changed. The white room was gone and there was now a brightly colored room, with some sort of hieroglyphics taking its place.

“There is no escape,” a voice whispered out of the shadows.

“Wa, what happened to Will” said Lily, there was no response. The voice whispered out of the shadows again, this time more sinister.

“Do you really think that your friends are still here, no I made sure to get rid of them.

“You what” lily whimpered.

Without even acknowledging that she had spoke, the voice continued, “yes they were fun to mess with but I knew that I had to kill them in the end”.

“You killed them”, lily squealed,

the voice came out of the darkness again, “yes they are most likely dead, you see what I did to them, does take a while to kill but it certainly makes sure you go through a good deal of pain before you die, very fun to watch”. There was a compressed and congealed gasp from lily, and she almost fainted.

“But I was just in that, that prison or whatever with will and his friends, then there was a flash and a bang and I was here, you wouldn’t have time to kill them” lily said desperately.

There was an earsplitting laugh from the shadows, “after all you’ve been through you still believe in the confounds of time” said the voice.

Lily was about to say something when a faint voice in here head said, “this is Sep, everyone is safe, if you here otherwise you are being tricked, the creature that has imprisoned you thinks that you are a soren, let this be” and the sharp voice of her old English teacher receded. Lily was more confident, but very confused, she new what a soren was, because Sep had explained it to her. A soren was one who possessed normal magic powers, as well as some of some ancient forgotten power. Lily did not know what else to say so she said, “what are you going to do with me”.

The voice came out of the shadows, getting more sinister by the moment. “Well the only thing I can do, kill you”.

Lily suddenly felt so sick she thought she was going to throw up, she looked around the room for some means of escape, there were none. She was sure she was nothing made sense in the world anymore. All she could remember was sitting in her house relaxing one moment, and being whisked up by Will and a band of people in blue cloaks the next, one of them Septimus Zachgulmastr her old English teacher, whom everyone called Sep.

Everything had happened so fast that day, she still didn’t even fully know what Will was even doing, it looked like he was having some sort of inner battle, she could see that in his eyes, but after that, their had been some sort of flash of bright dark if that were possible, for it was the only explanation Lily could think of. After this she found herself in a dull white room, they were in that room for what seemed like forever while Sep and Will tried to explain everything. She, of course didn’t believe a word they said, anyways how could she, magicians, wizards, strange creatures, they even tried to convince her they were being imprisoned by an evil spirit called Earth, of all the names why Earth, they seemed not to want to answer when she asked. Though Lily found it increasingly hard to doubt these things as hard as they were to believe.

Her quick frantic thoughts were interrupted by a sudden shrill scream; the whole room began to shake. Something was falling from the top of the room to where the voice was coming from. It was a jet of bright white light, suddenly a face was illuminated that Lily would have nightmares about years afterward, and then there was nothing.

Then in the same split second she was standing in a forest with Sep at her side, he was propping up Will, Lily fainted. When she woke, she was in some camp and will was over her.

“What happened?” she demanded, she wanted to know everything, everything, with nothing left out.

“The end of the world”, will repeated simply.

The Recruitment
Will was once a normal boy, he went to a normal school, and lived in a normal lifestyle. He had just come home from school and was sitting down when it happened; his parents weren’t home that day so he had the whole house to himself. Suddenly there was a loud roar and about 12 green robed figures appeared in his living room then Sep his English teacher appeared next to them. This all happened almost instantaneously, so it took Will a minute to react, he had always thought his English teacher had been weird, but not weird enough to suddenly appear in his living room with an entourage of green men.

“Wha, what in the world” stammered Will as he jumped back and smashed into the wall behind him.

“Be calm child” said Sep, you must come with us before the Magicians make their way over here”.

“And the Sorcerers” said a gruff large man from the back of the group,

Sep turned around with icy calm and faced the man with sharp green eyes “We will not let petty feuds stop us from reaching our full potential, especially now, the Magicians are our enemies, not the Sorcerers, and all of you remember that”. He turned back to Will “hurry up” he said. Will, in his state did not know what to do, so he got up and walked over to Sep. Just as suddenly as before there was a great flash and it looked as if there were a million green lightning bolts falling around him, then he was standing in the middle of a warm room filled with beds and all were gone except for Sep. “What in the world is going on” he asked Sep, who was sitting on a bed next to him, I will tell you the whole story replied sep, I goes something like this…

Chapter 1 The Story
“Once long ago, when the universe was created, it was quite an amazing place, lets see, what do humans have, that they use to explain the beginning of the universe.

“The Big Bang” said Will,

“Oh yes replied Sep, The Big Bang; you say that there was a giant explosion, or bang as you put it and the universe was created… I can never follow the human train of thought.”

“Are you suggesting that there is another explanation” exclaimed Will with a hint of annoyance, for his father was an astronomer, and strongly believed in the Big Bang, so naturally, so did Will.

“Yes of course there is said Sep, not another explanation, but the real truth”, before will could say anything he continued, “yes our universe was created by what you may call gods”.

“WHAT” exclaimed Will a second time, “do you really expect me to believe that?”

“Stop and let me finish” said Sep, “of course they don’t call themselves gods, but you humans at least partially grasped them in your own simple minded way”.

“Well, then WHY did these gods make our universe?” said Will, playing along now.

“Well they were running out of space in there own plain of reality as you might put it, so they made a new one and put all the rather lesser “gods” that they wanted to in it, and then, without telling the gods inside it, closed it of, for reasons still unknown to us. Well after a while of floating around in this new universe, having no privacy at all, the “gods” made a design. They would each make a planet, and then those planets would circle around the more powerful beings, which would have a much more beautiful territory in which to live in, what you call suns, though most of all these great beings are in an eternal slumber now. So all the planets were made and the universe was happy for a while, some of the gods made life forms on their planet so they would have something to admire them. Others, prefered to be solitary, but then humans came. The origin of humans comes from three planets, and as you have most likely already guessed, planets have the same name as the gods who rule them”, will nodded. “The planets responsible for the creation of Humans are called Drassen, Harsan, and (he said this last part sinisterly) Earth”.

“What’s so bad about humans though, said will, I mean we have kind of polluted the Earth, but we are trying to fix it, and you talk of as if we are a virus”.

“Well said Sep, first of all, you don’t have to worry about it because you are not a human, well not entirely at least, and second humans are kind of like a virus. They spread to different planets, and slowly kill the god that owns it”.

Will was still recovering from the first part, the part about him not being human, “what?” He said weakly.

“Well Drassen, Harsan, and your god, Earth wanted to kill the gods of other planets, so that they could gain more territory for themselves”

“No said will, I mean the part about me not being human”.

“Ooh, well I can understand you being a bit flustered about that, but I must say it its bit ironic that you think your human-“.

“IF AM NOT HUMAN THEN WHAT AM I”, will burst out defiantly.

“You’re a soran” said sep calmly; “you are one of the few remaining. You were originally created, along with the derscans, which is what I am, to kill off the humans.”

Will was speechless, but Sep continued on without noticing the look of horror open on Wills face.

“The gods made sorens and derscans to help defend their planets, besides the others of course”.

Will sat silently for a few minuets taking all this in, and said “the others?” inquiringly.

“Well, who do you think there was before humans, said Sep, there were many creatures but there were a few main groups. Those were the Wizards, Warlocks, Sorcerers, Yambishes, and then Necromancers. Now there are only the Wizards, Warlocks, Sorcerers, and maybe an incredibly small amount of Yambishes”.

Seeing Wills puzzle face, sep said, “here let me explain more There were already all of these races before humans, when humans where made, many wars broke out and the humans began winning. So some gods got together and tried to create a new race, they ended up making two. Those were sorens and derscans, but it did not come out as they wanted it too, the sorans were meant to wield godly power themselves, and were supposed to be able to destroy gods themselves, with a great cost of their own energy. There were planed to be enough of them born to be kind of leaders for all the main races. The derscans were meant to be very powerful in one form of magic, and there was supposed to be enough of them to form an army. But this is not how it went, something went wrong, and there was only enough derscans to be leaders for different main races, and sorans became so rare, there was up to one living every, lets say 7000 years or so. It soon came to be that when a soran was found he would have to choose the race he would serve, that is why I have found you. I want you to serve in the service of the wizards, it would be an honor, and Ill try to give you a unbiased opinion, but we are the most dedicated race towards destroying earth”.

“THEN I DON’T WANT TO JOIN YOU, I WOULDN’T DESTROY MY OWN PLANET! MY OWN PEOPLE, MY OWN FAMILY!” Shouted will. At that will ran to the other side of the room full of beds and buried himself in the covers of a random bed he jumped on…

So what should Will do, accept the offer, refuse it, keep an open mind, I would also love to hear some other suggestions as well if your just shaking to tell me. The section entitled “The Recruitment” is just an intro after the Prologue, it is not a chapter.

Remember we will also have to work are way up to the point at which the Prologue begins, for the Prologue takes place in the future of the story.
Meranos

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: The Recruitment Chapter 1!  

Nice tale! I noticed a lot of spelling & punctuation errors, so I've tried to correct them all. Bookwizard wrote:
Edited by NeNe to remove the unnecessary image

Prologue
There was a boom and a flash, and suddenly everything changed. The white room was gone and there was now a brightly colored room, with some sort of hieroglyphics taking its place.

“There is no escape,” a voice whispered out of the shadows.

“Wha-What* happened to Will?” said Lily, there was no response. The voice whispered out of the shadows again, this time more sinister.

“Do you really think that your friends are still here? No, I made sure to get rid of them."

“You what?” Lily whimpered.

Without even acknowledging that she had spoken, the voice continued, “Yes they were fun to mess with, but I knew that I had to kill them in the end."

“You killed them?!" Lily squealed.

The voice came out of the darkness again, “Yes, they are most likely dead. You see, what I did to them does take a while, but it certainly makes sure you go through a good deal of pain before you die, very fun to watch." There was a compressed and congealed gasp from Lily, and she almost fainted.

“But I was just in that** prison, or whatever, with Will and his friends, then there was a flash and a bang and I was here. You wouldn’t havehad time to kill them.” Lily said desperately.

There was an earsplitting laugh from the shadows, "After all you’ve been through, you still believe in the confounds of time?**” said the voice.

Lily was about to say something when a faint voice in her head said, “This is Sep, everyone is safe, if you hear otherwise you are being tricked, the creature that has imprisoned you thinks that you are a soren, let this be.” and the sharp voice of her old English teacher receded. Lily was more confident, but very confused. She new what a soren was, because Sep had explained it to her. A soren was one who possessed normal magic powers, as well as some of some ancient forgotten power. Lily did not know what else to say so she said, “What are you going to do with me?**"

The voice came out of the shadows, getting more sinister by the moment. “Well,** the only thing I can do, kill you."

Lily suddenly felt so sick she thought she was going to throw up. She looked around the room for some means of escape, but** there were none. What she was sure about was that** nothing made sense in the world anymore. All she could remember was sitting in her house relaxing one moment, then** being whisked up by Will and a band of people in blue cloaks the next. One of them was Septimus Zachgulmastr, her old English teacher,** whom everyone called Sep.

Everything had happened so fast that day. She still didn’t even fully know what Will was even doing. It** looked like he was having some sort of inner battle, she could see that in his eyes, but, after that, there had been some sort of flash of bright dark if that were possible, for it was the only explanation Lily could think of. After this she found herself in a dull white room. They were in that room for what seemed like forever while Sep and Will tried to explain everything. She, of course, didn’t believe a word they said. Anyways, how could she?** Magicians, wizards, strange creatures, they even tried to convince her that they were being imprisoned by an evil spirit called Earth- of all the names why Earth?-. They** seemed not to want to answer when she asked. Though Lily found it increasingly hard to doubt these things, as hard as they were to believe.

Her quick frantic thoughts were interrupted by a sudden shrill scream; the whole room began to shake. Something was falling from the top of the room to where the voice was coming from. It was a jet of bright, white light. Suddenly** a face was illuminated that Lily would have nightmares about years afterward, and then there was nothing.

Then, in the same split second, she was standing in a forest with Sep at her side. He was propping up Will,when** Lily fainted. When she awoke, she was in some camp and Will was over her.

“What happened?” she demanded. She wanted to know everything, with nothing left out. **

“The end of the world”, Will repeated simply.

The Recruitment
Will was once a normal boy. He went to a normal school, and lived a normal lifestyle. He had just come home from school and was sitting down when it happened. His parents weren’t home that day, so he had the whole house to himself. Suddenly, there was a loud roar and about 12 green-robed figures appeared in his living room. Then Sep, his English teacher, appeared next to them. This all happened almost instantaneously, so it took Will a minute to react. He had always thought his English teacher had been weird, but not weird enough to suddenly appear in his living room with an entourage of green men.

“Wha-what* in the world?” stammered Will as he jumped back and smashed into the wall behind him.

“Be calm, child,” said Sep, "you must come with us before the Magicians make their way over here."

“And the Sorcerers.” said a gruff, large man from the back of the group.

Sep turned around with icy calm and faced the man with sharp green eyes, “We will not let petty feuds stop us from reaching our full potential, especially now. The Magicians are our enemies, not the Sorcerers, and all of you remember that." He turned back to Willand said, “Hurry up.”** Will, in his state, did not know what to do, so he got up and walked over to Sep. Just as suddenly as before there was a great flash and it looked as if there were a million green lightning bolts falling around him, then he was standing in the middle of a warm room filled with beds and all were gone except for Sep. “What in the world is going on?” he asked Sep, who was sitting on a bed next to him. "I will tell you the whole story," replied Sep, "It goes something like this…"

Chapter 2 The Story
“Once, long ago, when the universe was created, it was quite an amazing place. Lets see, what do humans use to explain** the beginning of the universe?

“The Big Bang.” said Will.

“Oh, yes," replied Sep, "The Big Bang. You** say that there was a giant explosion, or bang as you put it, and the universe was created… I can never follow the human train of thought.”

“Are you suggesting that there is another explanation?” exclaimed Will with a hint of annoyance, for his father was an astronomer, and strongly believed in the Big Bang, so naturally, so did Will.

“Yes, of course there is," said Sep, "not another explanation, but the real truth," before Will could say anything he continued, “Yes, our universe was created by what you may call 'gods'**”.

“WHAT?!” exclaimed Will a second time. “Do** you really expect me to believe that?”

“Stop, and let me finish.” said Sep. “Of** course they don’t call themselves gods, but you humans at least partially grasped them in your own simple-minded way."

“Well, then WHY did these gods make our universe?” said Will, playing along now.

“Well, they were running out of space in there own plain of reality, as you might put it, so they made a new one and put all the rather lesser “gods” that they wanted to in it. Then, without telling the gods inside it, closed it off, for reasons still unknown to us. Well, after a while of floating around in this new universe, having no privacy at all, the “gods” made a design. They would each make a planet, and then those planets would circle around the more powerful beings, which would have a much more beautiful territory in which to live in, what you call suns. Though** most of** these great beings are in eternal slumber** now. So all the planets were made, and the universe was happy for a while. Some** of the gods made life forms on their planet so they would have something to admire them. Others preferred to be solitary, but then humans came. The origin of humans comes from three planets, and, as you have most likely already guessed, planets have the same name as the gods who rule them." Will nodded. “The planets responsible for the creation of Humans are called Drassen, Harsan, and (he said this last part sinisterly) Earth."

“What’s so bad about humans, though?" said Will, "I mean, we have kind of polluted the Earth, but we are trying to fix it, and you talk** as if we are a virus."

“Well," said Sep, "first of all, you don’t have to worry about it, because you are not a human, well, not entirely at least. And** second, humans are kind of like a virus. They spread to different planets, and slowly kill the god that owns it."

Will was still recovering from the first part, the part about him not being human. “What?” He said weakly.

“Well, Drassen, Harsan, and your god, Earth, wanted to kill the gods of other planets, so that they could gain more territory for themselves.”

“No," said Will, "I mean the part about me not being human."

“Ooh, well, I can understand you being a bit flustered about that, but I must say** it's a bit ironic that you think your human-“.

“IF I AM NOT HUMAN THEN WHAT AM I?” Will burst out defiantly.

“You’re a soran.” said Sep calmly, “you are one of the few remaining. You were originally created, along with the derscans, which is what I am, to kill off the humans.”

Will was speechless, but Sep continued on without noticing the look of horror upon** Will's face.

“The gods made sorens and derscans to help defend their planets, besides the others, of course”.

Will sat silently for a few minutes taking all this in, then said inquiringly, “The others?”**

“Well, who do you think there was before humans?" said Sep, "There were many creatures, but there were a few main groups. Those were the Wizards, Warlocks, Sorcerers, Yambishes, and Necromancers.** Now there are only the Wizards, Warlocks, Sorcerers, and maybe an incredibly small amount of Yambishes."

Seeing Will's puzzled face, Sep said, “Here, let me explain more. There were already all of these races before humans. When humans where made, many wars broke out and the humans began winning. So some gods got together and tried to create a new race, but** ended up making two, sorens and derscans. But they** did not come out as they wanted them to.[/color]** The sorans were meant to wield godly power themselves, and were supposed to be able to destroy gods themselves, with a great cost of their own energy. There were planned to be enough of them born to be kinds** of leaders for all the main races. The derscans were meant to be very powerful in one form of magic, and there was supposed to be enough of them to form an army. But this is not how it went. Something** went wrong, and there were only enough derscans to be leaders for the different main races, and sorans became so rare, there was up to one living every, lets say 7000 years or so. It soon came to be that when a soran was found, he would have to choose the race he would serve, that is why I have found you. I want you to serve in the service of the Wizards. It would be an honor, and I'll try to give you an** unbiased opinion, but we are the most dedicated race towards destroying earth."

“THEN I DON’T WANT TO JOIN YOU!** I WOULDN’T DESTROY MY OWN PLANET,** MY OWN PEOPLE, MY OWN FAMILY!” shouted Will. At that, Will ran to the other side of the room full of beds, and buried himself in the covers of a random bed he jumped in…

*I think the stutter should use a dash instead of a comma.
**Is that right?/Is that what you mean?

As for the DP, I'd say he should join them. :smile:
Bookwizard

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject:  

Thank you greatly Meranos, I apologize for the abundance of grammatical errors, I adapted this existing story an old draft of mine... a very old draft. Sadly I do not have time to correct these errors, though I promise there will be no such defects or annoyances in the following chapters, and I would love if some fellow IFians would come join me in this interesting new world :D
Bookwizard

Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject:  

Would anyone like to participate in the DP so we can get on with the story and have a chapter finished not riddled with mistakes....
NeverNeverGirl

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject:  

I say Join them! Jump head first into anything and everything!

Meranos got the typos etc so I won't go into them again - my hint would be though too type yor story out in a Word (or similar) document then run a spellcheck. If you are dead against that idea then maybe try Firefox Browser which has a built in spellchecker.

Keep it up!
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:40 am    Post subject:  

I doubt Will would just join them. He "had always thought his English teacher had been weird" and would not so readily become bedfellows with such a person. Additionally, to throw away steadfast beliefs in ideas like the creation of the universe, and then take up the sword to play a role in the destruction of humanity...his initial reaction is likely to tell Sep to stuff it.

Now where it goes from there, I wouldn't know. He might have more trouble on his hands, such as a fight to get back to his own reality. Or he might be graciously returned to his own living room, and then try to seek knowledge from there. Although if he gets returned to his former existence, he'd likely be inclined to skip English class, and then try to get things back to normal.
Bookwizard

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject:  

NeNe: I use the Firefox browser AND typed this in word before posting it here, as I do with all my stories, but none of the mistakes found so graciously by Meranos were caught by either of them. The mistakes are there because as I said before, this is an improved draft of something I wrote a long, long time ago, and I did not have time to riddle the large collections of misused words and grammatically incorrect sentences from it.

ef: Remember there are other choices as well, wizards are not the only race. ;)

Polling soon!!!
Bookwizard

Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject:  

THE POLL IS UP!!!!
Gallant

Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject:  

Join the Yambishes, they sound like the underdogs.
Bookwizard

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject:  

One more vote to decide the DP... anyone willing who has not yet voted...
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject:  

There are some good ideas in this story. Have gone for fighting to get back to his own reality.

Ref the grammatical errors I just ran it through Word. The reason its not picking up the remaining errors is because they're not the kind of errors Word can catch - the only way you can find them is to read it through and correct as you go.

For example in many instances you have typed 'will' and 'lily' without capital letters. Word does not recognise those as people's names, so won't pick it up. A 'find/replace' on those will fix those errors easily.

Still, am intrigued by the concepts in this story and will be interested to see the next instalment. :)
D-Lotus

Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject:  

Well, I voted for joining the wizards, but I think Will should have a plan. He should learn how to harness his power and then use it to fight for the humans, who are after all his family and adoptive kind. Besides, Will doesn't know whether Sep is lying or not.
TruePurple

Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject:  

"confounds of time"

Might you have meant 'confines of time'? Not sure what its suppose to mean otherwise.

"closed it of"

off

You never did tell us in the poll option, what he would be joining the wizards for (to help them, or learn enough to destroy them?) Its going to be difficult to explain why he would cry out "never!" then suddenly change his mind. Nor have you told us what the magicians are (whats evil sounding about that). Or what option number 2 entails. So its like we are voting at random, because we lack essential information for a informed DP vote.
Bookwizard

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:06 am    Post subject:  

Crunchyfrog: Thanks, and ya I know the spelling errors are of that nature, though at the moment I am both to lazy and to busy to go back and correct them, I am sure I will sometime though.

D-Lotus: These are very good points, and all are possibilities , though I was sort of thinking he stay without any definite solid plan for a while. His character could better develop well he is trying to get accustom to the Wizards. I believe he should accualy go through some sort of moral inner conflict, because he has gotten to know the Wizards and know them to be good people, but he also want to protect the Humans (his own family!)

TruePurple: Its the first chapter, there are bound to be some questions, as for your first question, it doesn't matter whether he will be helping the wizards or destroying him, the option is if he decides to join them or not, it goes no deeper then that in this DP. As for your second statement Purple, we as writers do not have to obey to the confines of time, if you know what I mean. And in response to your question regarding the Magicians, would you want to know every single detail about every character or race in a book you are reading after the first chapter, or would you rather wait and find out gradually so as to keep you reading and keep you interested, because I will be happy to tell you, but I don't think I want to spoil it for everyone else. As for option two, everyone else seems to know what it is simply using the human power of reasoning, it is referring to the possibility that Will could join one of the other races mentioned and help them as there soren. So hopefully now you you understand some things, and understand why you don't understand others ;)

Sorry I have not yet gotten the second chapter up, I have been working on other things in the mysterious land of RL, as well as some of my other SGs on IF, it should be up all in good time.
Bookwizard

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject:  

*Stands solomly looking at the constant flow of Iderium flowing around "The Recruitment" and raises hand up high yelling out the words "FREEZE". Great waves of blue energy fly around "The Recruitment" freezing it and all of the Iderium flow around it in one place in time* It is done.

For now "The Recruitment" must remain frozen so that at one point in the mysterious future I may revisit its wonders and retell them to you, and IF will rejoice.

Currently on Hold.
Bookwizard

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject:  

*Stands once more before the iderium and dramatically utters a loud incantation from one of the many books on my person and once again allows the iderium to flow free and form and shape a story for the sake of the power of creation.*

Chapter 2 The Wizards
The Wizards are known as a strange people, the only race thought to have generally stranger customs then them are the Yambishes, but then again, it was quit an occasion if you even saw a Yambishe at this day in age anyways. Will made this observation on his own on the days following up on his “abduction” by the Wizards. It was very frustrating for Will because many if not all of the Wizards he encountered did not remotely understand his moral plight in fighting against his own people. It was the view of the Wizards that since he now knew he was in fact not human; he should have no trouble and accept that his relations would be profoundly happy to die for the greater good of the universe. Will of course knew this was far from the truth, hell he didn’t even know if what the wizards were doing was remotely right at all. What if this was like in a spy novel and they were really the bad guys trying to get him sympathetic to their side and turn against his own people only to find out he had been tricked!

Thinking further on this Will contemplated that you could argue that there never was really a bad side seeing as most people believed what they were fighting for was right and the other side was wrong. So no matter what side you were on you could be considered to be doing the right thing… this was encouraging until it also occurred to Will that using the same argument you would also be doing the wrong thing at the same time.

After sulking in his supplied private room, something almost non-existent in the Wizard living space Will finally decided he would speak to Sep for the first time after his outburst a couple days back. He found Sep in his private study, something very abundant in the Wizard Living space. Sep looked very surprised but excited as Will walked into the room, obviously thinking Will had come in to agree to join the Wizards as their Soron. Just for that Will thought of storming out of the room right then and there, but decided against it. Maybe he could glean some satisfaction from the look on Sep’s face when he told him he was not there for the reason Sep so excitedly thought he was.

“I thought I would come see you to ask a few questions, I’m still quite confused on some things” said Will. The resulting expression of despondency that appeared on Seps face was not nearly as satisfying as Will would have hoped.

“What questions might you have for me then” he said appearing slightly more cheery.

“Well I was just wondering how you ended up being a school teacher if you are the leader of a whole ancient race dedicated to a… mission of great importance to you”. The last words were a bit forced and shaky.

“I would have thought you could have guessed that yourself, I was keeping an eye on you of course! There were some suspicions you might have ended up being a Derscan, so I wanted to make sure I got a closer look at you myself.”

Will had of course suspected this, but had wanted to confirm the suspicion, and abruptly another thought occurred to him, “but wait” he said “I thought you taught at Griffin High School for 10 years!”

“A very small amount of time in the quest for the triumph of good” stated Septimus sagely.

“That would mean you were “keeping an eye on me” since I was 4, do you really mean to say that I have been being watched all these years?” exclaimed Will

“Well… yes, it was for your protection and the betterment of/”

“Yes, yes of course the betterment of the light, the good side, the ones who will bring enlightenment to our universe… I have heard it all before! One more question though, if you thought I was a Derscan, what makes you think I’m a Soron now?

Sep looking a bit offended responded, “well at one point very early in their development the newly born or created Soron will send out a massive and random pulse of energy detectable by most all the races. This was originally a part of the Sorons development because they needed to be found seeing as they can be conceived by any race all around the universe, I will explain more to you about this phenomenon later. Though now over the many thousands of years it now become a sort of… race of the races shall we say. Whatever race gets to the Soron first has the better chance of recruiting him. Seeing the look of anger on Wills face Sep said, “please do not receive a mixed message, everything you do is of course your own choice, you may join whatever race you wish, I was simply pointing out that whichever one finds your first simply has a better chance of gaining your support.”

Will looked levelly at Sep and into his exasperated expression and said, though he was not entirly sure the reason “why do you need me so much?”

“You may be our only hope to defeat this plight” Sep said solemnly

“What the humans, the race I was born into, raised by, fed by, clothed by, and so many other things!” Will stated indignantly.

“Well no, not only humans” said Sep, “they are only half the problem, many other evils have been brought into the world by these three worlds, a great deal of them far worse and far more powerful then humans will ever be.”

Will looked a bit surprised “What do you mean?”

I believe the only way you will truly understand what we are up against is if you fight along with us against it, now I know you are reluctant in joining us, but contemplate going on but one mission with us and seeing what happens.

To Wills great surprise before he could even think he responded “yes”.

Ok, the DP this time is to decide the nature of the mission he is going to be sent on. It has to be facing the creatures or forces produced by the three god’s that are the main antagonists, but feel free to whip up the creatures, forces, situation, location, and so on.

Also I am sorry that this chapter may not follow the last DP exactly to the dot, but sadly I was stupid and deleted the poll and forgot the specific results. So lets work from here and see where this world takes us shall we.

For my last apology: sorry if it's a bit of a short chapter, it just turned up that way, and it's more a transition if you know what I mean.

Note: I regret to inform you that I will be gone for two weeks, so following it's current patter this story might take a good period of time before it produces a next chapter. Looking forward to seeing all your great ideas in two weeks.
Bookwizard

Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject:  

That's quite a lot of ideas everyone... I'm not sure If I will be able to read them all...
Smee

Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject:  

That's quite a lot of ideas you've written on other people's Storygames Booky. We're too busy reading them all.

*grins* Oh! Being sarcastic is apparently easy.

~

Activity breeds ideas.

Not only did you post your last chapter in August - a very quiet period this year.

But your last comment on someone elses storygame was all the way back in April. Other than that you've just posted in Games and Open forum.

Can't say I'm surprised then that your latest chapter is yet to see some activity of its own.

Get around the city more, and maybe people will visit your part of it more often.
Thunderbird

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject:  

I somewhat agree with Smee, that said, don't mind a nudge now and then.

Unfortunately, the DP is difficult to consider because we have so little an idea of who these 'antagonist' gods are. This is a meta-game dp, which in some cases isn't a bad thing, but in this one, you are asking us to help formulate plot, which really makes things tough to consider since we aren't the ones with the overlying viewpoint of the author.

That said, how about a mission that takes us to the moon to witness a secret moonbase built by man and show us how men are killing the goddess there? (am I on the right track here?)
Bookwizard

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject:  

You got me Smee... what you say is true... I will read a few other SGs, I just got back and the first thing on my mind was myself (odd ain't it :)) so this was one of the fist thing's I went to.

Thunderbird, sure, I suppose I'm open to any random ideas, though I was thinking more of a mission on earth personally. Also remember it does not have to be "man" per-say either. As "man" is more of a virus, they effect the planets without really consciously knowing they are pawns for a god. Or were you saying that the humans would be good in that situation as a twist... like a resistance? I sort of like that now that I think about it! Remember though that the story has to work of to the pro-log, which includes the goddess being killed (or maybe this was what you were referring to as well?).
Thunderbird

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject:  

I'm not really sure how to answer your clarifying questions there BW, but from what I understood, man is a virus that incidentally destroys the spirit of the planet upon which they reside. I figured by suggesting the moon as a setting, it would be easy to highlight just how rapidly even one small colony of man can begin to break down the spirit within the planet. This character needs some justification to turn on the race he has considered himself to be a member of, namely humanity.
Amichan

Location: RL:Roseboro, NC./ IF: Retuning from a long journey in the land of OFF

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject:  

I think T-bird has a point Will can do a few missions until he has enough trust to turn on the race that has taken him in
Bookwizard

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject:  

Ok, so we have a moon mission... possibly leading to the pro-log... some moral conflict good, good.

Storygames Home -> The Vault
Page 1 of 1