Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Grim Reaping : Chapter Twelve
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Grim Reaping
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ashkent

Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Grim Reaping : Chapter Twelve  

“Why?” I asked the mirror.

“Well why not?” it replied.

“I would not have thought this was really your scene.”

“Oh, believe me, it’s worth every minute.”

I looked around the elegant décor of the elevator’s interior. It really did not seem like Jimmy’s scene, yet he was here and seemed to be enjoying himself.

“How exactly did you come up with this one again?” I said.

Jimmy stretched inside the mirror, while an elderly lift attendant in front of me did the same.

“Come on, Grim. You know me. Women are women, but a bit of upper class, stuck up fanny is something else.”

“Must you always be so vulgar?”

“Yes.”

“Fair enough,” I said with a shrug. “I shouldn’t have expected any other answer really. Anyway, why this though? Couldn’t you have just manifested as expensive underwear, or a changing room picture. Surely that’s more your level.”

“Hey, hey!” Jimmy shouted, hopping about inside the mirrored wall of the lift carriage. “What do you mean my level? I created the fucking level.”

“True.”

“But I like nice things. It’s not all about lust and naked sleaze you know. I can appreciate the finer things on this planet or any other in any galaxy you can mention.”

“Jewel in the Grand Constellation of Carat?”

Jimmy twitched. “Look, it wasn’t my fault. I didn’t know a little hellfire could cause the whole planet to disintegrate.”

“Sage?”

“Ok, so I did it twice. You were quiet at the time and were happy of the business. Anyway, what the hell do you want?”

“I’m still waiting to find out why you thought being a lift attendant’s reflection would be a good idea.”

The lift doors opened, leaking daylight on the floor through the slim, sleek legs of four blondes.

“Don’t bother saying it,” I said. “I still don’t understand the whole reflection thing, but I can sense an impending cable car crash in the Cote d’Azur so you can tell me another time when you work it out.”

“Arrr arr ar arr?” Pinkie said behind me.

“I don’t care if you do think you know the answer,” I said. “We don’t have time for this.”

The lift attendant closed the doors and sent the lift towards the penthouse suite.

“I’m surprised he’s still with you,” Jimmy commented, glancing over at Pinkie.

“It’s been a close run thing,” I said, as Pinkie retreated to the back of the elevator. “After the chaos he instigated this afternoon, he’s lucky not to be back in hell waiting on reconstruction.”

“Oh, so that’s what all that fuss was about,” Jimmy said. “I heard there had been a bit of an episode down there.”

“Well, it was made all the more interesting by another visit from one of my green friends.”

“They still following you around? These are the ones that look like frogs aren’t they?”

“How many groups do you think are plotting to kill me?”

“Do you really want to know?”

I paused as the lift stopped and the group of young women strutted out of the confined space into the vast penthouse suite beyond.

“No,” I said. “Actually I don’t think I do.”

“Shame, I’ve been doing a bit of research on the subject.”

The doors slid closed and the lift began its decent.

“You’ve been researching groups who want to kill Death? Just how slow are things down in the pits?”

“Definitely bustling, but I’ve got Lillith on it.”

“Lilith?” I asked.

“She’s a temp on loan from the Chance Team. Good little worker. Gets on her knees in a blink and a great tight-“

“Just because Hell is the afterlife’s Sin Central, that doesn’t mean you need to draft in every slut you can find.”

“There are new ones born every minute, Grim,” Jimmy laughed. “Plenty to go around if you feel like branching out. They look good in black.”

“I never thought I would allow this to leave my jaws, but I’m happy to borrow Pinkie on the occasions I need someone.”

Pinkie made a small, appreciative sound behind me. It sounded like a cat bringing up a hairball.

“You puzzle me sometimes,” Jimmy said.

“And every time I speak to you I feel like I’m being dragged down to that level you claim to have created.”

The lift doors opened again to invite in yet another collection of stick-thin, big busted, scantily clad young females.

“Well, when you’re at that level you get the best of everything. The filthy bitches, the loud music, and access to every scrap of information on the lowlife groups who conjure up plans like…oh, for example, killing Death.”

“You know who they are, don’t you?”

“Well, yes and no.”

“Yes and no? I don’t think it is technically possible, in any language if used correctly, to have an answer both yes and no. You do, or you don’t.”

“Why doesn’t it always have to be just right with you? Hmm?”

“It keeps things neat. Now I’ve got an ever growing list of bodiless souls to ship out and if you know anything at all that could help me find the source of this Wee Group then could you please tell me now and I’ll be getting along.”

“You’d think someone working with endless time would have more patience.”

“JIMMY.”

“Oh, you used the voice. Ok, I’ll tell you the bit I know. The Wee Group originated somewhere in America.”

“Can’t you narrow it down any further than that?”

Jimmy look aghast. “I’ve narrowed it down to one continent on one planet in one galaxy. How much closer do you want it?”

“A street name and house number.”

“You’re funny, Grim. You’re wasted in your line of work. Anyway, they originated in America, but in recent years they have been circulating around the Earth and seem to have settled now in England. I guess that explains why you’ve seen two of them there.”

“I would be foolish for thinking you are going to tell me anything else, wouldn’t I?”

“Definitely.”

“Thanks for that,” I said.

“You know you’re welcome anytime.”

The lift once again reached the penthouse and deposited its load into the waiting room.

“Oh there was one other thing,” Jimmy said as the doors closed and the carriage headed downwards once more. “You can still manipulate that list of yours, can’t you?”

“How do you know about that?”

“I see all the shady goings on, remember.”

“Then why are you asking me?”

“I don’t know really. A name you might want to add to your list is Gordon Gibb.”

“And the reason I’m doing this?”

“Trust me, I’m the Devil. Let’s just say he may be of help.”

“You’re not going to tell me anything else are you?”

“No.”

“Then we’ll be going. Pinkie, come on.”

The lift doors once again, and I was getting used to what to expect on the other side.

“Just one other question,” I said. “Who the hell lives in that penthouse?”

“Hugh Heffner,” Jimmy said with an obscene grin.
ashkent

Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject:  

And the DP is thus -

How, when they find him, can Gordon Gibb help?
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject:  

Gibb is a tailor, busy fulfilling an order to make and deliver 256 green lycra body-suits. :-D
scissorkitty

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject:  

Gibb is a janitor at a gym owned by Chuck Norris, and Chuck has been busy training a flock of green ninjas.
Chinaren

Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:16 am    Post subject:  

Finally caught up with this!

I like CFs suit idea. Mmm. maybe he's in that apartment. He's one of the blonds. Gordon's a bit of a cross dresser you see? Amongst other things. :D Anyway, he has recently sold a house to a certain group, led by Mr. Wee.
ashkent

Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject:  

Glad you caught up China. I like a couple of the ideas...only a day or two more and i'll open a poll.
ashkent

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: New Poll Up  

Yes ladies and gentlemen, the poll is now up. get voting.
ashkent

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject:  

OK, the poll ended as a tie. So Lycra suits, or a house. Which will it be? There's only one way to find out.

FIGHT

Oh, no, it doesn't work like that here does it. Oh well, I think i have a way to use both of them.

Storygames Home -> Grim Reaping
Page 1 of 1