Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

I remember...
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Midnight

Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: I remember...  

I was bored, so I wrapped up a little story. Hopefully it's as humorous to you guys as it was to me.

I Remember...

I remember my first day of school well. I was ten. Yes, I know ten. My mum never thought it was necessary to have school education, so I ended up starting late. Late in grade 1 that is. There is nothing worst than being a ten year old in grade 1. Except maybe being rejected for a first date.

I was 10 years old and I was in a class full of six year olds. I'm not going to lie to you... it was scary, maybe even creepy.

You know how children stare at people who are older and taller than them? Well, I had that. All day, every hour, every minute and every passing second. They would just ~stare~. You'd think they didn't have anything better to do. Even in the playground they stared. The whole area, as I remember it, went silent when I went out of that school building. Not a single swing swung, a sew-saw go up then down, nor the spinning top get spun. Even the dog didn't make a sound.

They just stared as I walked towards a bench...

At least I didn't sit alone at lunch. No, I never sat alone. I had the joy of being 'stared' at while I was eating. Which was great!, I mean, no-one wants to sit alone on there very first day right? I don't think they'd like to get stared at either, but hey, beggars can't be choosers.

Yes, I had lots of friends. Tones of friends, millions of friends. They all hung around me, everywhere I went, whatever I did, they were there. Just staring. Not talking. Just staring. Well, just in the school grounds, and occasionally when I ran into them outside of school. In the shops, at home. Next door neighbours. I had five neighbours that were from school.

They stared...

As the years pasted of course, the staring stopped. Grade 6 for example. I was 15. It was fun. Classmates were 11. There was a 4 year difference, but that didn't stop me from being a popular kid. Yea, I was popular. They always hung around me. Sometimes they'd trip me, shove embarrassing stuff into my locker, dump food on me, call me awkward names.

I was popular...

Of course the principal noticed eventually that by the time I'd be in grade 10, the prime of high school, I'd be 19. He calculated more onto that, and figured out that when I do graduate I'd be 21 years old. So he bumped me up. To grade 10. Where I was suppose to be 'originally', but hey, it's not like I 'care' or anything.

Yea, I got pushed up. Grade 10, high school. Was interesting. Never knew what the hell the teacher was on about, not until grade 11. But I got up there. Girls pissed away from me though, knowing that they'd never be good enough for me of course, and the guys just never caught my drift.

Yea, high school was fun...

One girl did catch my attention, and I caught hers. 'Thee' most popular girl in high school, wanted me. Why wouldn't she, I was a 16 year old mathematics genius, who aced every single class subject he had. That, and was only on my 25th zit.

She came to me one day, wanted to know if I could go out with her and her 'friends'. I knew her friends were just there to check if I was good and worthy. But they weren't really necessary. I knew they'd go off once they saw the 'real' me.

Was fun that day. Came out, saw her friends. We 'all' had fun...

They even gave me a momentum of that occasion before I left for home. Was a 'hell' of a momentum, I couldn't have given them anything better even if I won 2 million dollars. It was 'that' great.

They gave me water balloons. Well, it was filled with some cream, eggs, milk (all rotten of course) and thrown at me. But it was a 'great' present. Took me weeks to clean out of my school clothes.

Even longer to get the stench out...

At least at Graduation they were generous enough to give me fresh cream, without the eggs or milk. It was easier to clean out of my Graduation suit.

Yes... I remember.
vgmaster

Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject:  

:goodpost:
That's funny, but in a dark way. It's also kind of sad. You almost give the impression that one day he'll go insane and shoot everyone, were you going for that? Anyway, fantastic story, great sense of humor. :lol:
Midnight

Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject:  

I was going for the affect of him slowly getting less sane as he talked about his childhood. Any person would go mad if children were staring at them day in and day out, and a principal not smart enough to add one plus one together.

During the end of it, I sorta felt sad for the character myself. :D l
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject:  

I found it sad, but there were some nice humourous phrases towards the end.

Well written. :)

Storygames Home -> The Vault
Page 1 of 1