Indelible: Chapter Five
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Indelible
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scissorkitty

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Indelible: Chapter Five  

ChapterFive

"mMMmmm. Vith ith goo thamige."

George wrinkled his brow, and tried to decode Leah's words. His own verbal skills were being assaulted by an equally sticky mouthful of peanut butter, and his glass of coke was empty- leaving him essentially mute for the moment. He nodded instead.

"Tho.... i mean.. ahem.. SO. What's, uh, going on here today? The whole place is packed with family downstairs. Usually there's chairs for a least a few of us interlopers." Leah swung her feet, and licked the last of the crumbs from her finger tips. " Some big event I don't know about?"

George nodded again, disappearing around the corner, and returned unstuck a moment later. "Yeah, dude. My uncle passed away."

Leah stared blankly. "Uh.. which one?" Her gaze wandered to a stack of fat albums kept tucked away under the couch. Each filled cover to cover with photographs of different family members- only a fraction of which would fit downstairs in the restaurant. George's family was like a small town unto itself, with enough cousins, aunts, uncles and cousin's-sister's-inlaw's-whoevers to populate a sixteen page block of the local yellow pages. (baring change of names, and a huge add for various family businesses.)

"Oh. My uncle Thierry. My Aunt Theresa's youngest daughter's... nevermind. Anyway, he died. But it was weird. Want to trade stories? Your fucked up dream for my fucked up death?" He waggled his eyebrows at her lavishly.

"Yeah, man. You know I can't resist when you twitch those eye-mustaches at me. "

Leah fumbled through her haversack, her fingertips grazing the sleeping gun and sending a shiver up her spine. Her shoulders prickled. A pen and paper slipped into her fingers, and she quickly scribbled and then ripped the page in two, rolling each into a ball. She hid her hands behind the chair and shuffled.

"So, left or right? Who gets to squeal first?"

Chinaren

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject:  

Short but sweet! :D

Storygames Home -> Indelible
Page 1 of 1