Indelible: Chapter Six
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Indelible
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scissorkitty

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Indelible: Chapter Six  

ChapterSix

"Fuck. Okay.. go ahead."

George bounced his paper ball off the wall and into the kitchen trash in a triumphant, arcing swoosh. He grinned at Leah, and plopped onto the sofa.

"Okay. So. My Uncle Thierry passed away, right? Only it was really strange. He's my Aunt Theresa's youngest daughter's husband.. so he was in his, I don't know. Like his forties or something. Anyway, the dude did taxes for a living, so it's not like he was exactly choking on the fucking excitement of his day to day.'

Leah nodded for him to continue, and bounced her own crumpled paper against her palm.

"So Theirry is living this boring ass life, doing nothing really exciting other than maybe skimming a little here and there... and I mean, maybe. I've had my taxes done. Don't tell me the government really needs all those shit deductions. Anyway, so he's working away in this little cubicle every day and hits one of those midlife crises. He decided that, fuck the job, fuck the family, whatever.. dude wants to do his own thing, and do something exciting with his life." George bounded out of his seat and stood across from Leah, the better to wave his arms expansively to illustrate the elaborate emotional turmoil of his late Uncle.

"Thierry goes to his bank, withdraws all their money from the account, buys a car, and drives off. He calls Sherry, his wife, from the road and tells her he's got a big conference to go to- and she buys it, 'cause he's the most dependable, scheduled guy in the world, right? So off he goes, driving, driving, who the fuck knows why or what the hell is going on, or what he's thinking.

Next thing, he turns up at some rinky-dink airport in the middle of butt-fuck nowhere, and lays all this money down on some cowboy's desk to take him up in his plane. All the planes are out, and the rest seem to be one-seater crop dusting things, but there's one older plane that will seat two, with some storage room in the back. Fine. Now, Uncle Thierry, he's always been afraid of planes. Aunt Theresa was really pissed a few years back when he wouldn't go on a trip to Florida with her, Sherry and the kids.. but all of a sudden, he's decided to get over it, i guess. Up they go.. the pilot lets my Uncle take a turn at the wheel, or whatever you call it.. and that's fine. Fun times, easy money for the pilot, Thierry just wants to go around in circles a few times, it seems.

They've been up maybe 15 minutes, looping around a little, and Thierry is looking a little green in the gills. The pilot says there's a bucket in the back, why doesn't my Uncle go on back there and just bring it up, just in case. He unbuckles himself, goes into the back and all of a sudden the pilot is like, fucking fighting to keep the plane straight, 'cause all the pressure in the cabin has dropped, and it's all windy and crazy. He tries to call to my Uncle, but there's no answer, and it's so damn loud that they probably just can't hear each other. So, the pilot starts radioing for help, but there's no one else at the airport down there, and it's not like they've got a giant fucking trampoline or something to help, right? So he keeps trying, eventually gets the thing kind of leveled out, and lands.

He's checking all the dials and stuff, trying to figure out what's going on, and he yells for Thierry... but there's no answer. The pilot gets outta his seat, goes into the back, and there's nothing there. No one. My Uncle is missing- like totally gone! AND the door is wide open! So, what the fuck? He's looking around, super scared, thinking holy shit this dude just jumped.. and he finds Thierry's wallet in the barf bucket, all his ID and stuff, and that's it. So.."

Leah started as George trailed off, cut off from her imagined airplane crash.
"So? What happened then? Where's your Uncle?"

"Oh, well, I told you when you got here. He passed away."

"Yeah, but.. you can't just leave off in the middle like that. I mean, what the fuck, man? What happened? Where'd he go?"

"Uh, I thought it was kind of obvious. He jumped. The pilot called the police with his ID, they found his body all pancaked somewhere nearby, and then they called us. It's just.. it's weird, you know? Did he think he could fucking fly, or something?"

George flopped back onto the couch and stared at the ceiling. Leah looked at him, and chewed her inner lip.

"Funny you should say that.."
D-Lotus

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject:  

Heh, nice story. Mysterious disappearance.
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject:  

Just caught up... Excellent! :clap:

Hope there'll be more.
The Meaning Of Fear

Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject:  

Ooooh! Me like. o-)

Storygames Home -> Indelible
Page 1 of 1