Free online storygaming

Indelible: Chapter Seven
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Indelible
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scissorkitty

Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Indelible: Chapter Seven  

ChapterSeven

Leah shifted in her seat and regarded George with cautious eyes. The last words of his tale hung in the air between them, her comment cutting through them like a badly greased, blunt butter knife.

"So.... what the hell does that mean?" George wrinkled his nose, and splayed himself even deeper into his couch cushions. "Your story has something to do with this? Or.. ?"

"No! I mean.. i dunno. No. It's just.. your choice of words at the end there, I guess. Fuck, George. I don't know. It's just eerily similar.. sort of. Only no planes." She babbled for a minute, her brain scraping over the past evening in a desperate attempt to pull something like sense out of the memories. She didn't want to offend George, but at the same time, she was desperate to talk over her strange experience. Need won over tenderness, and the words tumbled free.

"Shit. Okay. So, after you finished tattooing me, I had a few beers and then finished the piece myself. I was up pretty late, so I switched to water partway through to save myself the torture later." She looked at her buddy, and George waggled his eyebrows knowingly.

"So I finished, eventually, and I was sure stiff and sore. But anyway, I stumbled off to bed, and it was all cool. I woke up, I don't know.. it was sunny out, it must have been around 8 or so for the sun to be out like that. So I needed to stretch, 'cause I was all kinked up from last night."

George waggled his eyebrows even more lavishly, and smirked.

"Jesus, George! You're suck a fucking pervert! Not that kind of kinky, weirdo!" Leah laughed, breaking the tension.

"ANYWAY.. so I stretched, and here's where it was weird. I had WINGS man. Wings. Real wings, not these ink ones. They were like, ginormous, and they were all swooping around and stuck against the window, and knocking my shit off my bedside table.. and then, so I ran into the kitchen to look in the long mirror, you know.. and.. so they were gone. So I went back to bed. And then, when I got up again, like.. no wings."

"So it was a dream, Leah. What's your point?"

"No, dude. What I'm saying it, was it a dream? Really? 'Cuz then I was taking a shower, and when I got changed the steam was all over my apartment, and all of a sudden I could see there was this weird pattern stuck to the glass of the window, right where the wing was. And it was all smudgey and stuff, like feathers had been shoved against in there. And the shit from my table really was all over the place, and the table was almost tipped over.. and it was so freaky, and then, so i tried to make the wings come out again, but they didn't, so it was a dream and i'm all freaked out and then i come here and..." Leah paused for breath, and George stood, coming over to rest his hands on her shoulders, pressing her gently into her chair and offering a centering presence.

"Leah. It was a dream. You probably just flailed your table over while trying to stretch in your sleep. And you've never actually washed those windows, in my recollection.. dude, my Aunties would slap you!.. so the glass probably is like that all the time and you just haven't noticed until now. Calm. Down."

She breathed deeply, and folded her hands on top of his.

"Okay. That makes.. that makes sense. I guess I just freaked, you know? And then.. god. I'm an asshole. Making a big stink about stuff, and here you are with a dead Uncle and a housefull of wailing relatives! I'm sorry. Sorry."

He squeezed her shoulders gently, careful not to pinch the still tender new skin, and then started.

"Uh, dude? What kind of after-ink stuff are you using these days?" He squeezed a little harder, and prodded her flesh with his thumbnail. Beneath his hands, her skin remained smooth and cool, evenly coloured around the tattoo.

The Meaning Of Fear

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject:  

Ooooooooh. If I were Soily I would be holding my breath. ;)

You've got a couple of quotation marks missing at the end of speech sometimes, might want to fix that. Only a minor error though.
D-Lotus

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject:  

Nothing much to say, other than, good going.
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject:  

Good going, love the rational explanations. Keep it up!
Chinaren

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject:  

Nicely writted Skittinda. :cool: Enjoyed that little chapter I did.

Storygames Home -> Indelible
Page 1 of 1