Free online storygaming

Indelible: Chapter Thirteen
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Indelible
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scissorkitty

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Indelible: Chapter Thirteen  

ChapterThirteen

Leah surveyed the setting, torn between the two paths. Part of her yearned to continue this crazy adventure, drawn towards the dark, untrod path. The more sane part of her mind- if any part of this could be deemed sane- pointed her towards the worn wagon tracks.

Dude. If you waffle any more I'm going to have to pour syrup on you.. and while tasty, I think the stickiness and featheriness would lead to.. you know.. beatings. Of me. And not in a fun way.
Pinching her ass, George pointed towards the jumbled branches.
Come on. You know that's the only way worth going.

How did you.. yeah. It is, it is.
Firming her chin, Leah stepped gingerly from the clearing and began to shove her way against the tangled greenery.
Ugh! This.. uh... This sucks!
The more she pressed, the more the very forest seemed to strive against her, binding her arms and scratching at her cheeks.

Hey.. Captain Deforestation... Step back for a second.. i have an idea!
Still resonating his mysterious calm, George smirked and waved the walking stick.
You owe me... hm... at least a good groping if this works!
Aiming the tip of the staff at the vines as Leah hauled herself clear, George struck a dramatic pose and lowered his voice ominously.
Vines! I command thee.... get the hell outta my way!
With that, he started to beat at the branches, each whaling swing of the staff accompanied by satisfying cracks and snaps. After a few moments, a very visible dent in the foliage marked the beginning of the pathway. He stood back, sweating but pleased with himself.
Ta daaa!

She couldn't help it. Leah errupted into laughter, and began to follow George down the path, much slower but much more comfortable as he blazed the trail before her. After a while, they reached a small stream, and sat on a tumbled log to eat some of the fruit.
Mmm. Fruit and booze. You know what? I'm starting to like this dream! George happily stuffed a few dried apple rings into his mouth, and sighed contentedly.
Mmm. Yeah. I'm starting to like it too.
Stretching her wings wide, Leah took a running leap and flew into George's chest, knocking him from his perch. A sprinkling of dried fruit bits, expelled in surprise, littered the now empty log. They landed with a soft thump on a pile of leaves a few feet away.

Dude! Did you just.. fly at me? He was incredulous.
Yeah. I did. I pounced on you like a.. uh.. a girl with wings who's about to jump her buddy's bones in a freaky, fairy tale dream forest. Got a problem with that, Fruit Eater?
Um. No. Not at all.

The poor forest was subjected to some very strange animal activity. It didn't know what to think about the interlopers in the first place... and now they were eating, or hunting, or doing something to eachother that seemed more than a little unnecessary. Couldn't these creatures just.. drop a seed and spawn a sapling the ordinary way? It sighed to itself, leaves rustling, and settled itself to wait. Ah well. With any luck they'd finish soon and leave whatever remained to nourish the forest floor.

Reassembling her fur outfit with total disregard to the forest's sense of propriety, Leah grinned at George and licked her lips with satisfaction.
Mmm. Apple.. and booze. Yeah, you're right... this adventure ROCKS!
Pumping her fist, rock'n'roll style into the air, she shook her hair around and smirked at him through her lowered lashes. He stared at her. Gawked. His jaw dropped a little, and Leah felt a little thrill of fear leap into her veins.

Dude.... George? What?
He wasn't looking at her, he was looking past her. She scooted closer to him, and pressed herself against his warm side.
What the hell?
The sun had roused itself from slumber during their travels and various exploits, and now hung near the zenith. The brighter light filtered through the treetops above, lending a warm greenish glow to the forest, and making it easier to see through the dense vegetation.
Leah felt her own jaw drop a little in surprise.

surprise to see.... what? suggestions please!
Smee

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject:  

How on earth have I managed to miss 2 chapters... :?

Will catch up at work tomorrow.
DeadManWalking

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject:  

well there are several things it could be.

The twins, or a lion, or a bear.

Or maybe a gigantic cat, looking at the Leah hungrily.

(Or since its a dream, maybe a cat woman, but let's not get too weird here)
Phantomfan

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject:  

OOoo, I like the idea of a cat.

Or a snake, if we're going on the "eating Leah" tangent.
Gallant

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject:  

Maybe a female lion eating a deer. Seeing that in a forest would surprise me quite a bit, and the metaphor is good too seeing it's a dream.
The Meaning Of Fear

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject:  

Argh! My post disappeared after a case of Internet-Phail Disorder!

Time to type it again.. *sigh*

Quote: The poor forest was subjected to some very strange animal activity. It didn't know what to think about the interlopers in the first place... and now they were eating, or hunting, or doing something to eachother that seemed more than a little unnecessary. Couldn't these creatures just.. drop a seed and spawn a sapling the ordinary way? It sighed to itself, leaves rustling, and settled itself to wait. Ah well. With any luck they'd finish soon and leave whatever remained to nourish the forest floor.

I like the idea that the forest was watching them as they went about doing their various "activities". Amused me to no end, this one.

And some suggestions for the DP:

1.) The tattoo gun!

2.) A gigantic statue, depicting... I don't know... Something scary?
Smee

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject:  

You brave souls!

<---- Very much a safe path sorta guy. ;)

Like Meany, I too was rather amused at the forest watching, I also sniggered at their banter. I still find it distracting having the italics rather than speech marks and spacing, but I'm usually giggling too much to care.

Quote: The sun had lowered itself through their travels and various exploits, and now hung near the zenith.

I may be going Skitty-crazy, but isn't the Zenith the highest moment? How can the sun have lowered itself to the highest part? Unless we're talking dream logic of course ;)

As for my suggestion, 3 overly large ravens, stood in a row on a low branch, watching them with strangely intelligent eyes! :-D
scissorkitty

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject:  

Hmm. good point about the lowering vs zenith. Lemme get right on that.

Glad you guys are enjoying the forest's perspective! I thought it would be a nice little break.

Smee- Do you think it's something I should go through and alter? (the " )
Smee

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject:  

I'm not sure it's worth it Skitty, perhaps once, or twice a chapter it may be a little confusing, particularly when you had 4 characters. But nothing too bad. It's just a stylistic difference, if you like it, keep it. :)
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject:  

Just caught up! And on the DP...

I say they see the twins standing there, with the entirity of George's family behind them.
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject:  

Whooo! Better get my act together. It went to poll before I got to it! Anyway, excellent as always, and I did snigger at the interlude from the forest's perspective.

I went for the tattoo gun - it would be interesting what might happen should they try to use it. :grin:
TruePurple

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject:  

I say, talking ravens who want to teach leah how to use her wings to really fly. If not enough votes for that, please switch my vote to a catperson who teachers her its ok to be slightly anamorphic? But not a floating tattoo gun or whatever please, what ever the gun is, that probably isn't it's real form. So wouldn't be in that form in deamland.

I figure this land while a dream, is a reflection of & connected to a real world like this.

I figure the twins will show eventually, but they clearly want to teach her something first. One of which will probably be to accept her wings. So at least one major event needs to happen before this.
The Meaning Of Fear

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject:  

Triple tie. Someone care to break it for Skitty?

And Gratz on the SGotM!
Chinaren

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:35 am    Post subject:  

I'm going with ravens, for no good reason.

And for some reason, I always read the title of this as: 'Inedible'. :?
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject:  

Quote: And for some reason, I always read the title of this as: 'Inedible' .

This from the person who misreads 'brothers' as 'brothels'.

There's no hope! :lol:
Chinaren

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:40 am    Post subject:  

Maybe I've caught Silexdia. :shock:

Sorry Skitty. :off:
Kalanna Rai

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject:  

And I have caught up. I have no truly useful comments right now as it's rather early and my brain is still sorting through the material...but I may help in the future.
scissorkitty

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject:  

WHOOT WHOOT!

Thanks for your support, guys! I really appreciate it! :) I'll do my best to keep this SG to the standards that got it this far!

:)

Storygames Home -> Indelible
Page 1 of 1