Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming
 

Chapter 3 Vote
Click here to go to the original topic

 
       Storygames Home -> The Wheel - The Ram
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Key



Joined: 08 Feb 2004
Posts: 2622
Location: The Royal Palace

Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Chapter 3 Vote  


The voting choices above have been created from suggestions to the previous chapter (click the previous chapter link to read the chapter and comments).

This poll will be up for 1-2 weeks. At the end of that time, the choice that has the most votes will become the basis for chapter 4.

Anyone is welcome to vote, although you must be registered and logged in. You can only vote on each poll once. Feel free to discuss the choices or try to sway people to vote one way or the other.

Back to top  
Key



Joined: 08 Feb 2004
Posts: 2622
Location: The Royal Palace

Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: p.s.  

Also, comments on related issues (e.g. what they should do with the captured Bullroars, whether to try to trick the Bullroars about their intentions, etc.) are welcome.
Back to top  
Meyshe
Guest





Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: I have a question  

July 29th, 2004

I have a question: I know this may sound absurd, but can't you give the voters another choice that says, "all of the above"? I'm just curious. No offense. I'm...just...curious.

Yours,
Meyshe
Back to top  
Key
Guest


Joined: 08 Feb 2004
Posts: 2622
Location: The Royal Palace

Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a question  

Meyshe wrote: July 29th, 2004

I have a question: I know this may sound absurd, but can't you give the voters another choice that says, "all of the above"? I'm just curious. No offense. I'm...just...curious.

Yours,
Meyshe

That's a good question. Sometimes people do suggest different combinations of actions, and when they do I try to include those as options in the voting. This time there seemed to be more of an exclusive choice in terms of what people were suggesting, even though, as you say, logically they could be combined.
Back to top  
Meyshe
Guest





Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Just a thought  

July 30, 2004

So...you mean that you agree or disagree? I know this sounds inappropiate
(Please forgive me for saying this word; I am completely new here), but what do you mean by "exclusive"? Should I take that back?

I have many questions to ask you, but I won't say them, because this may not have anything to do with the story(I really shouldn't be so nosy).

Yours,
Meyshe
Back to top  
matt59312588
Guest





Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:27 am    Post subject:  

To the voters:

Gamer9999 hit the idea on the money, vote for going to the sea. Does anybody with common sense think the Bullroars will negotiate?!

To keavney:

Concerning the potential use of captured Bullroars, we should obviously "convince" them to discuss their history. Any with military experience that would be usefull to our people, any merchants who know trade routes and schedules, any leaders who know the intentions of the Bullroars and how they will come after us, are all possibilities for captives.
Back to top  
Key
Guest


Joined: 08 Feb 2004
Posts: 2622
Location: The Royal Palace

Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Just a thought  

Meyshe wrote: July 30, 2004

So...you mean that you agree or disagree? I know this sounds inappropiate
(Please forgive me for saying this word; I am completely new here), but what do you mean by "exclusive"? Should I take that back?


What I meant by "exclusive" was that you can only choose one or the other. I was just saying that in some chapters, I have combined choices, but this time there didn't seem to be anyone suggesting that before the voting. The posts either said to go to the sea or to the mountains, nobody suggested taking half of the sheepheads to the sea and half to the mountains. So I didn't include any combinations of actions in the choices you can vote on for this chapter.

Meyshe wrote:
I have many questions to ask you, but I won't say them, because this may not have anything to do with the story(I really shouldn't be so nosy).


You're welcome to ask me via private message or email (keavney@interfable.net) if there's anything more you'd like to know. I'd be happy to answer any questions I can.

Mark Keavney
Interfable Webmaster
Back to top  
Meyshe
Guest





Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Just one more question i'll ask you.  

August 1st, 2004

Dear Keavney,

Ok, i'll tell you. Just one more question i'll ask you: How do you write a story here?

Yours,
Meyshe :oops:
Back to top  
Mother Goose
Guest


Joined: 09 May 2004
Posts: 511
Location: Connecticut

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:58 am    Post subject:  

The main advantage of the sea choice is that the bullroars can't immediately follow, since the sheepheads have taken all the boats. Also once they're out of sight there's no way to tell which way they went.
Back to top  
Key
Guest


Joined: 08 Feb 2004
Posts: 2622
Location: The Royal Palace

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Just one more question i'll ask you.  

Meyshe wrote: Just one more question i'll ask you: How do you write a story here?


Send me email or PM if you want to write a story. Unlike playing in someone else's story, when you can participate as much or as little you want, I ask authors to make more of a commitment to post chapters regularly and finish their storyline. But if you're ready to invest the time, we always have space.

Thanks,
Mark
Back to top  
Meyshe
Guest





Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: There's a tiny problem  

August 5th, 2004

Dear Keavney,

How do you write a private message to someone?
I am clueless! :!: How does it work?

Yours,
Meyshe

P.S, writing things like that in front of public is not my
idea of a good time at all! :|
Back to top  
Key
Guest


Joined: 08 Feb 2004
Posts: 2622
Location: The Royal Palace

Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: private messages  

To write a private message, you can click on the "PM" button on one of their posts. You can also click on the "private messages" link at the top to view your private messages, and you can send to others that way too if you know their username.
Back to top  
shea616
Guest





Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:40 am    Post subject:  

so when does the next chapter start?
Back to top  
Key
Guest


Joined: 08 Feb 2004
Posts: 2622
Location: The Royal Palace

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: chapter 4  

shea616 wrote: so when does the next chapter start?

I hope this week, but unfortunately I'm swamped and won't be able to get it up today.
Back to top  
JaX
Guest





Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject:  

I think that going to see if defiantly the best idea as we wouldnt be so vunerable and it doesnt seem like the Bullroars have a navy prepared and it might be possibleto buy a large window of time that way.

And maybe after that we could send a bull roar messenger back saying that we have hostages and any attack on us at sea would lead to their torture and death.
What does everyone else tink?
Back to top  
Key
Guest


Joined: 08 Feb 2004
Posts: 2622
Location: The Royal Palace

Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Voting complete  

Thanks to everyone who voted. The winning vote was to put your people on boats and send them out to sea, then go under the sea to visit the merfolk.

Chapter 4: Under the Sea is posted based on this choice. Click View Next Chapter to see chapter 4.
Back to top  
 
       Storygames Home -> The Wheel - The Ram
Page 1 of 1


Powered by phpBB Search Engine Indexer
Powered by phpBB 2.0.16 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group