Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Equilibrium on Earth.
Click here to go to the original topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Storygames Home -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exmortis

Location: Be always aware and keep one eye on the shadows... you may just find out...

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:57 am    Post subject: Equilibrium on Earth.  

This story game will be in the same style of Sky Island, but a bit smaller. Meaning it will be focused mostly on the confrontations of characters. Two players will give their own version of a event where their character will be fighting another character (and winning). Afterwards I will open a poll and the public will select their favourite version.

You have a fortnight limit on writing when you are called, extensions are possible.

When you have chosen your position I will start by polling who will be involved in the first fight.

That is it.If you have looked at the Sky island story game then you will have gotten the jist of it.
Oh... and this a rather short game so go ahead and make your stories as fantastic as you like as long as you keep to the basic settings and remember that: You can only manipulate you designated element and You cannot generate your element therefore you must take it for elsewhere.

~

This story is set in New York, America. Four humans make their way to this city on the date 12\12\2012. These humans know nothing of one another and are, for the most part, unrelated. However, they do share one common trait, by are possessed by an elemental god. These elemental gods have names given to them by mankind. These are, Fire, Water, Earth and Air.

Elemental gods exist in their purest for in a called the Equilibrium. However, every now and then a Elemental god will grow bored and desire to enter the material realm for some 'entertainment'. In order to enter the material realm they must take a host (not always a human, but usually). It follows that Elemental gods cannot effect the material realm without a host.

A elemental god enters the body of an unborn child, as this is when the human is still in limbo between life and death and therefore cannot resist the foreign entity. The god will remain benign in the child, unable to effect his or her body or mind until he or she is 18 years of age. When this occurs the vessel's power's will bloom as will the alter-ego, the mind of the elemental god.

When the elemental god's mind finally surfaces it will try to influence the human mind. There are a number of end products with this situation. Firstly, the mind can remain separate, fighting for control, forever. Secondly, the Elemental god can become dominant, which usually results in a lot of destruction. Thirdly, The human can become dominant and suppress or control the Elemental god. Or, The minds of the god and human can merge.

The following story tells of a rare event. All of the Elemental gods have happened to assembled on the material realm. This extremely infrequent event, will draw the God's together in a way that has only happened twice before, both times almost bringing about the world. All of the Gods will assemble in New York as they did millennia ago.

They shall wage a fearsome battle and only one will survive.

~

Who is in?

Player: Vishal Muralidharan

Element: Fire

Weight: 210 lbs

Height: 6'6

Hair: Red, Neck long and spiked all the way through the center. A funk at the back of the head.

Eye colour: Orange-red. The color of fire.

Clothing: Wears a thick black samurai suit without the head cover. A design of fire in red on the left chest and back. Always carries a fire sword, which is nothing but a normal sword, just flames instead of a blade. Thick winter boots. Reaches up to knee-high but most of it is covered by the suit.

Other physical features: A triangle with an eye in the middle tattooed on forehead. Scathe marks on both palms, fire erupting from them. Flame tongue.

Personality: Calm. Very quick, and dangerous when enraged. A great person to befriend, and the worst enemy you could choose. Little sense of humor. Tends to blast away any disturbance to his and his friends peace.

---

Player: Exmortis

Element: Water

Weight: Approximately 80 Kg

Height: 195 centimetres

Hair: Dark blond. Medium length, reaching to the nape of his neck. Is unkept and always appears to be wet even in sweltering heat. Has no facial hair.

Eye colour: Dark blue to azure, depending on the light intensity of his environmnt.

Clothing: Wears a white suit with a red tie. Also tends to wear tinted sunglasses.

Other physical features: (none)

Personality: Was pushed to madness when he merged his consciousness with that of his Elemental god. Is apathetic, sociopathic and highly unpredictable. However, he is also highly charasmatic and maliciously clever. Occasionally induldges in the act of torturing and killing humans.

---

Player: Barking_Basenji_Splitpin

Element: Earth

Weight: 72

Height: 1,66 m

Hair: Dark brown with some lighter shade brown that hangs to shoulders, very curly.

Eye colour: Brown, when in light it turns green. (honest, I'm describing myself)

Clothing: Light blue pants, four pockets, long brown shirt, with some armor on the shoulders and a bullet proof vest.

Other physical features: Doesn't need her reading glasses, she can be fine without them, she has alot of small scars on her right leg, about six scars, each has a dfferent story to tell.

Personality: Hates haters, loves making jokes, is sharp minded when she wants to be, those who are lost she loves taking them in.... She loves exercising, like dance, thus she has made her own dance of the earth....

---

Player: PopeAlessandrosXVIII

Element: Air

Weight: 154 lb

Height: 6'1”

Hair: Dark Blonde, down to the hips, the bangs dangle on either side of the face framing it

Eye color: Dark Violet/Deep Blood Red

Clothing: Shirtless. Skin tight black low rider leather shorty shorts. Ankle length black coat with only the top four buttons done so my belly is exposed, and it flares out from there down.. Light material, so it never seems to stop moving. Sleeves are tight at the top, then flare out so they hang down when I lift my arm. Sleeves cover my hands when at my sides. Knee high black rider boots, shiny, with the high knee guards.

Other physical features: Three scars on the back of each hand running from the space between the knuckles to the wrist. Circular shaped tattoo around bellybutton, with flares coming off like the sun.

Personality: Always smiling. I have come to a peace with my god. Can never turn down a good fight. We've taken to trading off control with no real discernible change, save for the eyes. Light hearted and rather kind to children.
PopeAlessandrosXVIII

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Yo!  

Hey hey! *Raises hand* Can I be Air!?!?!?! Pleeeease! I wanna be a part of theis. Looks like so much fun! I'll write up my character soon....but I wanna save my spot as air...no ninjaing!
Exmortis

Location: Be always aware and keep one eye on the shadows... you may just find out...

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject:  

Don't worry about sending me a pretty picture of your character. You can describe your character when are playing.

I want you save your creative energy for the story.

Be sure to study up on the functions and dynamics of air for some inspiration on how to make your character's abilities diverse.
Be creative and create a variety of different ways your element can influence the environment of New York City.

Ultimately, just have fun with it. I look forward to writing against you Pope.
Exmortis

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject:  

Does anyone else want to join in?

This will be how it will work:

First bout: Player one vs player two

Second bout: Player three vs. player four

Final bout: Victor from bout one vs. Victor from bout two

You only have to write two pieces. One piece if you lose.

Best of all it will be fun.
Vishal Muralidharan

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:50 am    Post subject:  

Fire! I'll take fire. Sounds and promises to be cooL!!!!
Exmortis

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject:  

One spot is left. Earth. Who amoung you IFians is capable of wielding the boundless might of the earth itself.
Exmortis

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:02 pm    Post subject:  

Come on guys... we need one more person before we can start.

Btw. I have decided that anyone who is playing should probably send a brief physical and psychological profile to me, so that your opponent can envision your character and understand said character's general mental status. Do not be too detailed though, we want your opponent to see your character in a different light then you do.
PopeAlessandrosXVIII

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Yo!  

Yay! I got in my character! Ain't he cute? I hope this can get up and running soon. I really feel in the mood for a good fight!
Exmortis

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:20 am    Post subject:  

I need another participant before I can start...

Is anyone interested...?

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:27 am    Post subject:  

I want to jump in, but I'll try to be earth, but I can only write after the third of March. Need some rest. :) I will have to see if anyone wil be more active. :)
Exmortis

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject:  

Okay, everyone is here.

We can begin.

A poll will go up asking the public who should battle who in the first bout.
PopeAlessandrosXVIII

Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:59 am    Post subject: Poll  

*Sneaks in* *Peek* Poll? *Sniff* *Sniff* Poll? *Whine* No poll? *Whimpers* No poll.....
Exmortis

Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject:  

Poll: First bout

(My version is way cooler then the one provided by the site)

Air vs Earth - 0% [0]

Air vs Fire - 0% [0]

Air vs Water - 0% [0]

Earth vs Water - 0% [0]

Earth vs Fire - 0% [0]

Fire vs Water - 0% [0]
Thunderbird

Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject:  

Are you having trouble figuring out how it works?
Exmortis

Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:36 am    Post subject:  

No...

I just like mine better...

I can wirte all sorts of whimsical things that way...

For instance...

BIG RED TEXT
PopeAlessandrosXVIII

Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: Well...  

Well....Here's the problem with your way......It doesn't work? We can't see a poll, so we dn't know you're plling, and you have as of yet to tell us HOW "your way" works. Makes this really hard to get moving when non of us know what you're doing, or HOW you're doing it. Y'know?
Exmortis

Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject:  

My polls are fairly straight forward...

You select one of the displayed options...

You create a post detailing your choice...

I read your post and then add your decision to the poll...

It is rather a simple process...

However, if it bothers you so much then I suppose I could create a nomal poll...
PopeAlessandrosXVIII

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:32 am    Post subject: Polling  

Vooooooteing time peoples!
Exmortis

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject:  

Everyone is fully registered...

We will begin the moment the poll goes through...
Exmortis

Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject:  

Earth and Fire have been selected for the frst bout...

You guys have one fortnight to produce a story where your character survives but your enemy is destroyed.

To clear up some stuff...

You guys are writing two alternate stories... Your character will win and your competitor will lose...

The whens, wheres and hows can be differ between stories...
However, who you are fighting cannot be changed...

Finally, you will be judged on the creativity and general awesome-ness of your tale...

In other words go all out...

Right?

Right.

Get to writing... and have fun...
PopeAlessandrosXVIII

Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Ummm.....  

I think you should prolly PM the players, in case they've fergotten they've applied....

Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:28 am    Post subject:  

Besenji was infact not human... She wished she looked like her profile picture... *lahahahaha*

___

She stood listening to the beats of the one approaching. Vishal mural something, she just couldn't place the name. he had long-spiked hair all the way through the center, with something odd at the back, if only she could see it.

He was unknown to her, but she knew for a fact he was a fire bender. She stood her ground, staring at what seemed to be his redish eyes. His hair was long, it was perfect! i could pull it when he's not looking.

Something told her he might be dim witted, but on the other hand he might be playing stupid, staring the other way. Yes, he was a guy and yes, he was staring through to the clouds asif to wait for the sun-- Wait! It is the sun he's waiting for!

He turned in one split second waving his arms in a form what seemed to be a belly dancer dancing. I held my stance. A beam came out the eye of his hands, quickly jumping out of the way. I played jump rope with his lazer hands.

His sword was still strapped to his back, why was he not using it.

Turning and twisting as I dance and turn and twist once more. I treid thinking why he was not using the sword.

Suddenly being scathed by the soothing beam. I kicked up a rock and tossed it to the goliath's head. Making him stumble back in fear of his sixth sense fire.

He spit fire my way burning what seemed to be a piece of my hair as I lay on the floor. "Your tongue has got some sand on it."

"I'm not falling for it."

He made a go for his sword, I jumped up suddenly, I felt so happy. I started dancing around. His face is what looked at me saying only one thing, "I am not dead, you bloody tart."

"I like cake! You want some?" I replied

I could see that he was beginning to get enraged by what seemed to be my childish laughter. I started to run from the dirt plain, into the woods.

Tree, Tree, Tree, As it passed by me, I felt like a dog through a ventilated air and sand storm. Yes, when ever I run I cause a sand storm.

"Longdistance relationships are always hard... Isn't it. Especially if their fighting," I screamed with a cry of laughter.

Vishal was in my wake leaving dust pebles behind him and scorch marks from missing with the huge bastards sword.

"I'm going to kill you!!"

Starting to stomp my feet with every beat as I ran, it made me slower than usual. The ground started shaking. He was falling for it. He is falling for it! Is what ran through my head.

I let up a rock behind him, clamp. It went around his hair, pulling him up, and I opened up a hole underneath him. He stared at the sun once again and back down.

He hollered, "Aahh! My head!" Fire puffed out his mouth as he tried getting loose. He took his sword, started swinging and cut his hair as short as he could.

He landed at the edge of the open hole, he waved his arms like a chicken.

"Struggle as you might you will die!."

"I thought you we're a woosie!" He laughed as he took his stance once again and started strutting over.

Angered as I was I stomped my foot. "Bye! Bye!"

Trees flew from the opposite sides, he fell into what seemed a ditch of spine chilling rock needles formed by her.

The face was mangled and the gaint was no more.

His black samurai suit was a weak defence for those rocky needles and from that high bottom end.

She was intrigued by the design of fire in red on the left chest and back, since his body was mangled. She could probably take it and go eat.

Instead she burried his body in the stone, made a little rock with the words, "There once was a man who could really procrastinate, his job was never done always late, so nevermind the sorrow, I shall die tomorrow."

And so she went to eat.
Exmortis

Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject:  

An interesting way to convey someones death...

Surprisingly light and comical...

We shall wait to see what your competitor does...
Vishal Muralidharan

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject:  

I just couldn't help noticing a few typos and the fact that the story started in third person, switched to first person, and then switched back to the third person. My story will be up shortly.
Vishal Muralidharan

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject:  

Vishal stayed in his fire realms, undisturbed for long, but today, he could sense something different. He felt the presence of a power coming towards his way, and he would be ready, just like he always was.

Taking out his fire sword, Vishal slashes it in the air, watching flames erupt in all dierctions, setting fire to his home. That'll do nothing to me. The flames were pulled into Vishal's body, leaving scathe marks on all around his place. With a wave of his hand, Vishal undid the damage his flame blast had just done.

As he walked out, one of the trainees in his academy yelled at him, "I heard Barking Basenji Splitpin is coming after you." Vishal looked at the short man, who still didn't have his third eye.

"Farting WHAT?" Vishal yelled back.

The trainee broke into laughter, and in between laughs he said, "Barking... Basenji...Splitpin.."

"You mean that brown-eyed curly hair gurly with scars up her ass who can 'move the earth?'"

"Yeah, that one. She can make trees falls, and throw stones at you." He said, a smile creeping up his face.

Vishal couldn't help smiling. "Okay, whatever it is... If she's here for a fight, you're staying away from it."

"You tell that to me EVERYTIME" The trainee moaned. "Can't I kill this one?"

"JUST TRY, BITCH" came a voice, and a tree fell on the trainee's head. The trainee had no time to react, and one of the tree's branches went through his skull and killed him.

"I am Barking Basenji Splitpin, and Im here to TAKE YOU DOWN" yelled a girl in blue pants and a brown shirt.

"Stop speaking lady.. Your voice is annoying." Then, Vishal proceeded to look at his opponent.

"Sheesh.. with that type of dressing choice, you look like a homeless power ranger. Where did you steal that from?"

"AAAAAAHHHHHH" The woman yelled. Flinging her hand from her side, she aimed a huge boulder at Vishal which travelled like a bullet.

The boulder was aimed at Vishal's forehead, but somehow burnt in mid-air, and exploded, pieces of the huge stone flying everywhere.

"Okay. You're impatient. Let me just get out of my home first" Vishal said. Once he reached a bit of a distance away from his place, he called out to the girl. "Hey Ms. Fart, Im ready."

Barking Basenji Splitpin, enraged jumped up and crashed her foot on the ground, making miles of ground tremble. Placing her hand down, she lifted her head. The quake had lasted a second, but it was powerful enough to destroy buildings along with the foundation. Surprisingly, Vishal stood.

"How the hell did you survive THAT?!" Splitpin yelled, unable to believe what had just happened.

"I jumped when your feet hit the floor. I landed only when the quake stopped. Gosh, you're easy!" Vishal said.

Splitpin then focused and put a hole under Vishal's foot. This time, a jump couldn't save Vishal. Vishal rolled over to the side, nearly falling into the pit and said "My, that was a surprise. Nice try", continuing to toy with her.

Splitpin was enraged. She used all of her power, and grinned as rocks, trees, all flew and converged towards Vishal.

The impact was powerful. Vishal was buried under everything on his land. His own house came and settled on top of him.

Splitpin walked over and yelled "How do you like it huh?! HAVING FUN?!"

Suddenly, the whole pile of rubble exploded and flew in all dierections. Hot liquid flew everywhere, and Splitpin was thrown off her feet and few went a few miles back.

"Never put a fire-bender along with Lava. Its a dangerous combination" Vishal said, his body glowing now, with all the excess fire his body had.

"This game is becoming boring" Vishal said, running towards the stunned Splitpin.

No matter how much stunned she was, Splitpin had enough time to make another fissure in the ground, and she made a huge hole in the ground in front of Vishal. Inertia will take him in

She then realised that another surprise was waiting for her. Vishal had his sword drawn, and pointed toward the fissure. Flames from the sword, made a fire bridge over the fissure, and Vishal just ran on the flames.

"Seriously kid, you have NO variation at all"

Before Splitpin could react, her body was engulfed in flames. Her eyes liquified, and the retina was flowing out the skull into the ground. The large amount of fire would have killed anyone, but Splitpin had a little bit of life left, and she was too weak to do anything.

"Goodbye" Vishal said, and drove his sword through his opponent.

Too easy...
Exmortis

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject:  

Excellent work guys...

Ifians will now get the oppertunity to vote for their favourite version of the first bout...

The player with the most votes will win... and move to the next bout...

The players who partook in a bout cannot place votes in that bout...

If you do then I will be forced to delete the poll and post a new one...

Btw guys... You may have skipped over this but the setting of all events in this is New York, 2012.

Do try and stay with the setting...

Okay... let the voting begin
Thunderbird

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject:  

oooh, another one of great interest to catch up on tomorrow

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject:  

This is a RP contest not a spelling contest, and you need to write each's character correctly! That is my arguement. Thank you.
Thunderbird

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject:  

Hmm... a surprisingly tough choice. This would be easier made if I did not know who wrote what, something that DMW did with his tournament concept that helped to avoid it becoming a popularity contest. Even though I try to view just the works at hand and ignore who authored them, it still colors my impressions and that complicates things because I really like you both.

On the writing side of things, I see both as fairly equivalent. One edges itself out with a touch too much - I guess you would say 'personal' trash talk imo. I dealt with a lot of that growing up and don't share that sense of humor so much. That said, when not quite so personal, trash talk can be great fun.

But yeah, just know that my vote is made under a very close consideration. Both had strong positive and negative qualities that put me on a fence for a bit before making a decision.
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 3:19 am    Post subject:  

Barking_Basenji_Splitpin wrote: This is a RP contest not a spelling contest

Yes, but if the spelling is bad, it doesn't really let you be immersed in the story. It just... jars when something's picking up pace and then your eyes stumble over a word because it's spelt incorrectly.

I felt they could both do with a bit of tension, if I'm honest. Vishal's in particular seemed very one-sided, and there was no real sense that they were both powerful and controlled. Nor did either pause for much description.

I'm just wondering why all four have similar ages? It might be interesting if this is done again to have someone perhaps a bit older - less powerful, but experienced - or younger - only just come into their power, uncontrolled and not knowing how strong he/she actually is.

Sorry for all the negative, just felt it needed to be said.
Exmortis

Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:45 am    Post subject:  

Thank you White Blacksmith...

I am sure your advice will prove invaluble...

By the way guys, I will be closing the poll on the 30th...

As soon as a victor has been selected for the first bout the second bout will begin...

Pope ready yourself... and when the times comes, may the better writer win...
Exmortis

Posted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject:  

The votes are in...

Fire wins 5 to 1...

Barking_Basenji_Splitpin you have been eliminated from the Equalibrium...

I extend my own heartfelt thanks for participating and hope you continue to follow this story...

Well done Vishal Muralidharan...

In winning this bout you move into the final bout...

The next bout will decide your opponent...

Water (Exmortis) Vs Air (Pope)

Let it begin...!
PopeAlessandrosXVIII

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: My fight!  

Pope trots around the downtown area, his blood racing. 'I feel him, I FEEL him, I KNOW I do! he practically sings in his mind. 'Another strong one to fight Ele. Another one for fun!' His elemental ignores him, more focused on the high level of energy they're both sensing. Pope darts across a busy road, hair streaming out behind him, using air currents beneath his feet to dodge oncoming traffic.

Skidding to a halt outside a large department store, Pope looks up the side of the building to the top. “He's in there Ele. We should go it! But gotta be careful! There are kiddies around,” the young man says aloud, watching a small pack of “kiddies” go through the sliding glass doors. ~I know I know~ His elemental chimes back, excited now that they're so close. Settling his feet to the ground, Pope slides in behind the gaggle of giggling children. Looking up, down, left, right, he finally decides to go low profile and ride the escalators.

'Wheeeee!' he giggles, getting his own cheap thrills buy riding the mechanical wonders. ~*~”Where oh where has the strong one gone? Where oh where could he be?”~*~ Pope sings to himself. Feeling the pulsating of power from above, he looks up to the balcony surrounding the plaza square. His eyes pass over person after person until...His eyes flash red for an instant. 'Found you!!!!' His feet lift of the ground in his hate to reach the next escalator. 'There there there THERE!' His mind is near frantic now for the fight to come.

Stopping a dozen paces from the snow and blood clad man, he hears the man chuckle. “Took you long enough, boy.” Pope, too exhilarated to care, eyes now glowing red, just smiles in return.

“Hey there. How 'bout some fun, old man?” his voice, light and soft, fails to hide the near demonic tone behind it. The man's eyes raise before he does something that almost send Pope into shock. He runs. “What the?” Pope mutters, eyes deep violet now. Taking off after the man, the press of the crowd keeps him at a distance. Down, down, down the escalators they go until the crowd thins out around the plaza fountain. The long haired blonde smiles, eyes glowing again as the suit clad man steps up on to the edge of the fountain. “Oh, I see....” The demonic voice whispers.

Starting out gentle, Pope slowly blows harder and harder until the plaza is cleared of shoppers. Focusing the breeze, Pope sends the man stumbling back into the fountain with a compresses air punch. “Yah-hoo!” Pope shouts charging forward. Making sure to keep his feet above water, Pope zooms in close. The man's smile is still firmly in place as the two combatants clash is a flurry of punches and kicks. The man lands a particularly hard hit to Pope's head, followed up by a blast stream of cold water, throwing the air wielder clear of the fountain.

“Well, that was fun,” the younger man mutters, rubbing his backside from the fall to marble. He has little time to lament over his bruised behind as the man launches several water streams into the air before bringing them down towards the one on the ground. “Hup!” Hand springing to his feet, Pope takes off, the streams hitting the floor one after another in his wake, cracking the stone with each hit. Sending another air punch, Pope “boos” as it misses. As the last stream hits, Pope turns, catching it in a funnel of air. Speeding it up, faster and faster, the chill finally turns the water, to ice. He turns to the man with a grin. “Catch!”

Like wielding a sling, Pope twirls the large icicle around once before whipping it at the man. The frosty spear flies at the water wielder He tries to raise a shield of water to block, but having anticipated this, Pope sends out an air punch to break a hole in the shield just as it goes up. The ice sinks deep into the man's side, turning the fountain water red, as ell as a good portion of the man's suit. When the man falls to his knees, Pope does a little dance. “Yay! That was fun!” Looking at the wound from a distance, he giggles. “Not deadly fer sure, but I'd say I win this one!” Spinning a few times, lifting higher and higher, Pope sing a little nonsense tune.

Laughing once again, Pope waves at the collapsed man, deciding to take one of the upper windows to exit to avoid the police he can hear coming down the halls. Punching the glass outwards, he takes off into the cooling evening air, sticking his tongue out at the flashing lights below.
Exmortis

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject:  

The rank, sickly sweet scents of fish and rotting fruit assaulted Exmortis' nostrils as he strode down between two a series of abandoned warehouses.
The call of the equilibrium had drawn him here... He could sense one of his kin nearby, so he was certain that his prey could detect his presence too.

A salty breeze carried the revolting perfumes of the docks away in a single rushing movement, granting Exmortis a brief reprieve before a cloud of the vile smelling air overwhelmed him yet again.
Doing his best to ignore the disgusting condition of his environment Exmortis continued to patrol the area, permitting himself to take in 'the sights'.

Boxes of rust caked iron and rotten wood lay scattered haphazardly around. Many had been opened already, their contents, which seemed to be for the most part fish and exotic fruits, had begun to spoil. Hence the grotesque stimuli that was violating his sense of smell.

And the sea... The reflected light had coloured it a hue of the most celestial azure possible. This beauty was accompanied of the endless heaving dance of mother sea's tides and the howling song of powerful movements of the air across her shimmering surface, sending up showers of sea spray.

Exmortis smiled; he knew this particular domain well and with the sea by his side there was no possibility of failure. It was without question, he couldn't have asked for a better location to face his first opponent.

An alarm went off in Exmortis' head as he began to near a local marketplace. It was located in one of the rougher regions of the city and was surrounded by unkempt and dilapidated slums warehouses and various industrial sites. Exmortis had locked onto his opponent. Exmortis turned immediately and began walking with increased pace down a row of seemingly abandoned factories and commercial-industry offices. Every iota of focus concentrated on the other Elemental god who, as far as he could tell, had not noticed him.

Exmortis began his approach.

----

The Flea market was a bustle of movement and noise. A colourful collection of scent mingled in the air creating a variety of wonderful and at times disgusting combinations. Exmortis didn't bother wasting time on examining the local populous, not that he would want to anyway. All the same, every moment he spent here provided his target with the opportunity to elude him.

Exmortis moved hastily into a tangent alleyway, following the call of the equilibrium, drawing him ever closer to his brother element. He immediately found himself disliking his surroundings, row after row of cramped filthy slums, separated only by a mud, or more likely faeces judging the smell of the repulsive sludge, road. Exmortis found himself wondering how any human could possible let himself live like this.

And at the end of this abomination of a street... the call ended. A man was there, at the end of this pathetic excuse for a street. He was kneeling in front of a sickly, young urchin, with his back to the man in the white suit and red tie, the man who would be his killer. From Exmortis' vantage point he appeared to be dressed in a large, dark coat, not particularly interesting... but then again Exmortis wasn't here to judge this man's fashion sense.

Realising that he had the upper hand Exmortis waved his left hand in a cautiously slow, yet elaborate patterns through the air. Slowly but surely dozens of beads of water began to condensate in mid-air, held in their place by the invisible forces conjured by Exmortis' will. As quietly as possible Exmortis began to weave more patterns with his hand, consequently the droplets of liquid began to group together eventually forming into a cone of water pointed at the apparently unaware Elemental god.

With a final sharp movement Exmortis clutched his hand into a fist concentrating the water molecules into a more compact formation, and with that a spike of ice hovered roughly three feet from Exmortis' outreached hand. With a single, simple gesture the dagger of frozen water hurled itself towards Exmortis' unknowing enemy with impossible speed.

Moments before the spike of ice managed kill him, the Man in the black coat swung towards Exmortis in a single sweeping gesture. His right arm flicked out with incredible speed resulting in a directed gust of wind which barely managed to divert the path of the deadly icicle sheer inches from where he knelt.

Now facing each other, the two Elemental deities examined one another intently. The man who stood before Exmortis was dressed uniquely and thanks to the absence of any kind of shirt, physically ready for this battle. Despite the various other points of interest on this man, Exmortis found himself drawn to his strangely coloured eyes. There was something unique about them, an unmistakable inhuman quality. This man had already confirmed that he was an Elemental god; the Elemental god of Air, to be more precise.

The Air God continued eyeing Exmortis. He had positioned himself in a way that would suggest he was protecting something. Exmortis' gaze fell upon the little street rat that was cowering behind him. Air was muttering something to her, breaking eye contact occasionally to glance at her.

A wicked grin spread across Exmortis' face. Nonchalant, he moved his left hand behind his back, after which he began to perform a rapid and extremely complex series of hand gestures forming countless patterns in the air. Exmortis did his best not to make any obvious moves and maintain his stare.

Suddenly, the mortal child made a dash for a nearby ally, one which connected to the main street. She didn't even get three feet into the ally. A monstrous cloud of water vapour streamed out of her escape route encompassing her small frame in mere moments. A scream ripped through the haze, the last sound she would literally ever make. As she opened her mouth every particle of steam rushed down her throat, promptly clawing their way into her lungs and, once there, condensing into liquid.

Her screams quickly divulged into the gargled screams of a drowning little girl. Her desperate attempts to expel the water failed miserably as she took her last empty, worthless breaths.

Air rushed over to her with complete disregard to Exmortis’ existence. He appeared particularly concerned for this mortal's wellbeing, a sentiment which provided unending amusement for Exmortis. Chiefly, because it was too late to help her, she had already drowned. And even if she was still alive and he had been capable to expel the water from her system she would have still drowned. Exmortis would just hold the fluid there himself until all life had been sucked out of her pathetic little body.

The Man who embodied Air wasted several minutes by her side, but not from a vain attempt to revive her like Exmortis had fantasized about. Instead he just crouched there, doing nothing... and then he exploded.

----

A miniature tornado had formed around his body. Its furious gusts whipped about relentlessly, tossing sheets of newspaper about savagely. Suddenly, Air whipped his head towards Exmortis and blasted off the ground with incredible force, an ear shattering bellow permeating his lips.

"BASTARD!"

Air was upon Exmortis in moments, his outreached fist guided and strengthened by a sudden surging current of gale force winds. The reflexes of his Elemental god instantaneously produced a film of water in between of Exmortis and the incoming attacker; Said film, consequently stopping and absorbing most of the force of Air's attack.

The barrier of fluid rippled at the presence of Air's fist which seemed to be somehow lodged in the steadily thickening layer of water. Scars ran between each finger running up his arm. Recovering from his surprise Exmortis launched a counter attack. In a single fluid and externally calm motion, Exmortis placed his left hand upon the water film.

Without hesitation the external surface of the liquid barrier began to distort. Bumps began to protrude from its surface, and occurrence which provoked Air to bombard the exterior of Exmortis' defence with concentrated jets of air. Suddenly, the bumps on the surface of the water film exploded towards Air, intending to impale him, the tips frozen into distinctly dangerous points.

Without almost on cue, Air torn his fist from the grip of the water film that now encircled Exmortis, moments before that same film had managed to execute him. Without delay Air summoned forth a vacuum of air which hurled him away from danger into the side of a nearby building, a process which surprisingly concluded with him landing lightly in a crouching position on a wall before leaping to another building after which the process was repeated.

Without warning, the protective film behind Exmortis was blown to pieces almost as soon as it had formed to repel an incoming attack. Just as he was turning to inspect the damage yet another explosion shook Exmortis' defences this time to his right. Panic steadily increasing; Exmortis struggled to keep track of his fleet footed opponent, an exploit which proved futile against such an extremely fast opponent.

Suddenly the film burst open and before the barrier could regenerate Air drove a fist into Exmortis' stomach with a ridiculous amount of force, propelling Exmortis remarkably quickly upwards. As Exmortis began to plummet back to earth a jet of high pressure bar of air slammed into his chest causing him the water god to gasp in pain. This blast was soon followed by a rapid sucession of air jets. It was a typhoon of super powered winds which were carrying Exmortis further and further into the domain of air.

Without warningomething solid collided heavily against Exmortis' chest. There was no need for confirmation, he knew it was Air. Although, this realization didn't help Exmortis from being thrown back and forth like a ragdoll. His body screamed in pain as Air unloaded a series of bone shatteringly powerful strikes into Exmortis. After several minutes of this harsh punishment Exmortis felt is senses dulled by the constant exposure to pain, but he could still taste and smell the blood.

Suddenly, driven by pure intuition, or perhaps by the wisdom of his Elemental god, Exmortis did his best to rotate his body and grasped out, and by some spectacular feat of chance was rewarded. Exmortis managed to grasp Air’s forearm tightly enough to gain a foothold in a battle which has so far been one sided. Desperate to keep control over the situation Exmortis unsuccessfully lunged out with his right hand, ignoring the throbbing pain running up his arm and nesting in his shoulder blade. Struggling furiously for dominance Air and Water begin to plummet towards the city below, the wind chanting a chorus of maniacal shrieks all the way down. A fraction of a passing air stream whipped out at an unnatural tangent, almost tearing Exmortis off the human host of Air. As the two powerful entities began to approach the city reached out towards his adversary’s face once more. Air cringed as Exmortis’ freezing fingers dug into his head. Mere moments after the mortal incarnation of Air began screaming in unbridled agony. Gradually, Air’s exposed flesh began to amass a layer as frost, a accumulation which began from Exmortis’ touch. With a scream of pained fury, the man in the black coat heavily distorts of the air flow; an action which consequently created an extremely powerful shockwave sending both Deities plummeting back towards the earth at different tangents.

Exmortis braced himself as the ground rushed up to meet him.

----

Shaking his head briskly, Exmortis carefully climbed out of the substantially large crater, a landscape feature which had formed by the collision of a newly generated liquid membrane with the hard and apparently, rather solid ground. Despite its resilience however, the water film had done nothing more than keep him alive, that said it still felt as if he had fallen out of a plane without a parachute.
Exmortis guardedly took another couple sore steps away from the impact site, clutching his right arm which had seemingly been injured during the course of his fight with Air. Water from the now devastated fluid barrier clung in unnatural clumps on his recently blood stained suit. Exmortis shook his head again, trying to clear out his head. Hundreds of tiny water droplets hung in the air, each one capturing and filtering segments of the mid-morning sunlight and releasing them in elaborate, dancing patterns. Exmortis soon noticed that these droplets were moving and stopped to observe them. Sluggishly each tiny particle of liquid was regrouping with other particles and then the resultant cluster of particles repositioned itself in close proximately to Exmortis. For a moment Exmortis couldn’t figure out why they were rebuilding the film, although he didn’t need to. Almost as soon as that that question had posed itself to him Exmortis found himself ferociously heaved into the wall of a nearby warehouse by an invisible column of force. By the time his battle worn battle had crumpled back to the ground he had already realized what had happened, looking up just confirmed his hypothesis. Air stood imposingly before him, his frozen skin, which covered the top left corner of his face had now darkened into a vile, blotchy shade of purple. The Elemental God shuttered in fury. The winds that encompassed this God of Air’s mighty stature twisted around him so swiftly that they literally carved their presence into the ground, broken slabs of cement and dust were sucked into the vortex on account of this. Viciously, the god of Air thrusted a clenched fist towards Exmortis, pinning the Water god back against the wall with a relentless blast of pummelling wind. The fearsome gale motivated wave after wave of rubble and debris to collide with Exmortis with unrelenting force.
When Air finally released Exmortis the water god wasn’t in the best of conditions. Blood trickled profusely down his face from a rather deep gash on his forehead. In addition to this injury Exmortis had amassed numerous other wounds such as lacerations, broken bones and damage to his personal effects, namely his suit. Unexpectedly the God of Air re-bolstered his offensive efforts, beginning his renewed assault by indicating his arms in vast sweeping motions which subsequently referred a barrage of massive blasts of wind towards the heavily injured God of water.

Each strike was followed by another possessing equal or greater intensity than its predecessor. Finally, the last attack came upon Exmortis, with force enough to knock him onto one knee. Exmortis knelt, spluttering blood copiously as his executioner prepared the killing blow. A funnel of roaring winds surrounded Air as he drew back his right hand in anticipation for this final strike.

“ENOUGH!”

Exmortis’ left arm moved with remarkable speed, stopped only when pointed squarely at the God of Air. For a few dreadful moments nothing moved, all that existed in those moments was the sqwark of seabirds, the malevolent hiss of the man in the dark coat’s winds and Exmortis’ laboured breathing. Gradually, Exmortis raised his head to the God of Air, as the darkness retreated the man in the black coat could see partially dried blood covering vast portions of the left side of Exmortis’ face, and, then the eyes. His deep blue eyes had darkened almost too black and behind them a crimson flash of malice which radiated a terrible aura of arctic hatred.

With a blink of his eye, Exmortis snapped Air’s right arm off at the elbow, without touching him. The man in the dark coat screech in pain and went to grasp his injured arm, only to realize that he couldn’t move. Air gasped as Exmortis intensified the grip of his left hand on an invisible object. The God of Air felt unusual, as if every drop of blood in his body just stopped simultaneous and then started again, but at a slower rate. Slowly, Exmortis began to lift his left arm and the God of Air mirrored his action, slowly rising chest first off the ground. And then, it stopped, the man in the dark coat just hung there, suspended in mid-air, his extremities hanging down uselessly. The cold resentment coiled and uncoiled deep within Exmortis as he utilized his most unsavoury, yet most destructive power. Exmortis flurried his brow in concentration as every ounce of blood in the God of Air’s human vessel began to diffuse out of its flesh as a red mist which quickly reconstituted as droplets of pure crimson. The sound the process made was horrific; it was like a rattling hiss overlayed over a sound of sucking. This was a monstrous thing to do, even for a person like Exmortis, but it still felt good, satisfying. After several devastatingly painful minutes, for the man in the dark coat at least, every drop of blood had been pulled out of the Air God’s human form.
Pale as a sheet, the God of Air now dangled there, his dying heart desperately trying to pump blood that wasn’t there. His face seemed frozen in an expression of pained horror, he was barely conscious when Exmortis released his bloodless body. He saw Exmortis, from his position on the ground, still focusing on something above him; the water god’s left hand pointing at this thing somewhere above the man in the dark coat. With the last reserves of strength he had left the human incarnation of the God of Air raised his gaze to the sky. There above him his blood was suspended 20 feet above him, but not as it was, now it has been shaped by Exmortis in the form of a hundred frozen spears of blood. Before he died Exmortis looked down upon him, and said in a calm yet somehow disquieted voice.

“Last words?”

Pope looked back up to him to meet his gaze with a dead man’s eyes and soulfully spoke his final words.

“My name is Pope. Remember me.”

Exmortis grunted and lowered his left hand, which brought the spikes down upon Pope and they did pierce his empty heart with a cruel, cold sting; and with that the God of Air was no more. Exmortis turned on heel and started to hobble towards the ocean, his pace gradually increasing as the mysical elements within his being already beginning to repair the damage done to his body.

All of a sudden, he moaned with monotonous dread. It looked like he would need a new suit.
Exmortis

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject:  

The entries for the battle between Water and Air are in.

I would like to remind you all that the active competitors (Pope and myself at the moment) cannot vote in their own bouts.

Oh, and remember to comment on each version if you can find the time. Your advice will prove invaluable in the long run.

Let the voting commence.
Vikas Muralidharan

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:49 am    Post subject:  

Personally, I felt both the versions were good except for a few bits here and there...

I thought Pope's was a bit too short and all the "fun" stuff gave me the impression of a kid :O

Exmortis' was wayy too long for me, but it was quite good. There were places it got boring and I scrolled down to see how much of it was left. And also, there was this

Quote: Without warningomething solid collided heavily against Exmortis' chest

I hope you checked your version before posting this. This bugged me a lot :/

Anyway, I've cast my vote ;)
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:47 am    Post subject:  

I loved the length! It meant you could get a much more balanced fight in, which is always good in something like this. I really got a sense that both combatants were very powerful and putting their all in, rather than just feeling like one wasn't actually an elemental.

You do need to go through and check for typos, however. I noticed that one as well, and at one point you also put 'is' rather than 'his'. It's too long for me to really go through and give a blow-by-blow crit, but there were a few things:
You started so many sentences with 'Exmortis'. At some points there were three or four sentences in a row that started with the same word. Describe him, or change the order of clauses so his name comes further in the sentence.
At one point, you listed his injuries as though they were a grocery list. Not sure how to change this, but you could at least have given each one a separate sentence.
Paragraphs were waaay too long, and sometimes weren't separated by a line. A wall of text is very hard to read - you just don't feel like you're getting there.
PopeAlessandrosXVIII

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Ummmm....  

I'm sorry. My elemental guy is young, and not at all blood thirsty.....That's why Ex-kun survived. He's more in it for the fight, than the kill. So yeh, the fight was light, and the tone "Fun", but as a character, that's just how he came to me. *Sniffles* Now I feel all goofy for spareing Ex-kun, and if I win, either Vishal or myself will have to kill him later, if I'm understanding this right.

I like your chapter Ex-kun, but the blood bending had me cringing. Sounds so painful....I REALLY like how I was kicking yer ass fer a while. I have to admit that was fun :lol: :lol: :lol: I like my last words too.

But seriously, spell check, re-read, and spacing. I know I prolly messed up, and will go fix it. And at times, I wasn't sure if you were talking about me, or you, when it came to the black eyes thing....

I like it! and I hope you enjoyed mine a little at least! :P I know my guy's a moron, but I luvs him!
Exmortis

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject:  

I appriciate all of your praises and criticisms regarding my post.

I wish to assure you all that I will impliment the changes requested.

However this will only be done after polling is complete.

I am sure most of you have a good idea why, but just for clarifications sake I will state my reason here.

I don't want to improve my work because it will interfer with the results of the poll.

Once again, thank each and every one of you kindly for your advice and encouragment.

I am apologentic that I am unable to thank each one of you individually, but unfortunately I am rather swamped with studies.

Also, just for reference, this poll will expire on the 15th of June 2011.
Exmortis

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject:  

The polls are closed...

Water wins this bout by 4 to 1...

PopeAlessandrosXVIII you have been eliminated from the Equalibrium...

I extend my own heartfelt thanks for participating and hope you will continue to follow this story...

The final bout shall now commence...

Water (Exmortis) vs Fire (Vishal Muralidharan)

Let the battle of the gods commence...!

Storygames Home -> The Vault Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2