Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

RSS feed subscriptions
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Hall of Debate
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ingrothechundyer

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: RSS feed subscriptions  

I'm not saying that the current RSS feed system is bad per say but it should probably be noted that when looking for feeds with Google Reader "City of IF" brings up everything but a feed from the city. (Yes that is "City of If" with quotes in the search parameters).

Interestingly enough I found Lebby's photo album with this search ;)

According to Google the feed for the city I am subscribed to is the most unpopular feed I have a subscription to with a whopping 1 user subscribed to it :lol:

The current feed system has a lot of features (once you figure out how to use it) but it does have a weakness that I am pointing out here. I don't know how much work it would be to "fix" it (or if it should even be considered). I am fairly sure though that it does not show up when looking at feeds related to feeds that you are subscribed to (which is one way that I have found new feeds back when I was looking for them).
Lebrenth

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: RSS feed subscriptions  

Ingrothechundyer wrote: Interestingly enough I found Lebby's photo album with this search ;)

Wow, that could have been especially interesting if you found images that I hadn't released yet. That would have been embarassing, but I guess I took enough precautions. Still, that was pretty close.

I have some hope that those images floating around on the net might somehow draw in a few more visitors for IF, but they'll probably only be encountered by IFians sniffing around.
PopeAlessandrosXVIII

Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:11 am    Post subject: I think.....  

Ummmm*Feels idiotic* Can someone explain just what this feature is? I've seen the letters before, but I havn't the faintest as to WHAt they mean/are. Halp?
Vishal Muralidharan

Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject:  

Technically, RSS stands for "Really simple syndication".

You should see a link next to "Log out" which says "RSS". All it does is generate a URL for you so that you can see recent posts without logging in to IF, or some thing to that effect.

Anyway, the best way to understand it is to use it. Jump right in!

Storygames Home -> Hall of Debate
Page 1 of 1