Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Songbook- An experiment in suggestions! Suggestion change!
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fairywaif

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Songbook- An experiment in suggestions! Suggestion change!  

As this may sound, I will take suggestions for songs to write a chapter of my story about. Once I have enough suggestions, (I would prefer at least 5 songs, or three people) I will begin voting. Everyone is allowed to put forth 3 songs. They can be serious or silly, and feel free to make this as hard as possible on me.

If your song is not chosen feel free to put it up again for the next chapter suggestions, even if you had one of your songs chosen the chapter before.

I will also be running a similar version on a website called Menewsha at this address- http://www.menewsha.com/forum/art/literature-spot/183454-song-book-experiment-writing-please-give-song-suggestions.html#post1769409411
The biggest difference is that one will not have voting since they have screwed up polls that can only be done once per thread. So i will instead make the choices myself, will hopefully create two vastly different stories.

By the way, Menewsha does require sign-up to post, but you can view the story without signing up if you wish. Although signing up is pretty painless so i don't see why you wouldn't. Oh, and feel free to friend me if you DO decide to join.

Okay, so start the flood of suggestions!

UPDATE: I am now limiting it to 2 suggestions per person per round. The poll got angry because there was too many wonderful suggestions! :lol: So, if you made three suggestions last round I would like if you could tell me which 2 you want the most. I will be back in a week (hopefully, I have to use library computers now because my home computer died) and I will make the poll then. If you haven't told me which two you'd prefer I put in the poll I will take the first two suggested. If you don't care either way I'll the first two also. Sorry for this inconvenience! I hope I can get to that first chapter soon...
Vishal Muralidharan

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject:  

Songs? ANY song?! Well, here it goes....

Low- Flo Rida
Love The Way You Lie- Eminem ft. Rihanna
Desi Girl-Shankar Mahadevan and Sunidhi Chauhan (:P)
Thunderbird

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject:  

hmmm...

I like this.

For this I'm going to suggest Metallica's Unforgiven.
Or Guns n' Roses: November Rain

Those seem epic enough for an intro chapter.

Nice suggestion on your second one there V!

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject:  

I'll have to say

House of Cards by Madina Lake
Sweat the battle before the battle sweats you by Cute Is What We Aim For
Manic Monday by the bangles, punk goes 80's
crazybookgal

Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:48 am    Post subject:  

Hmmm how bout these

Adam's Song by Blink182
Hallucinations by Angels and Airwaves
Long Live by Taylor Swift
PopeAlessandrosXVIII

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:16 am    Post subject: I think.....  

I'ma go wiiiith....

Horiscope - Wierd Al
2nd week of deer camp - Yoopers Yoopdawa
A return to innocence - Enigma

Have fun playing with that second one....or even finding it! I love that song.....If you can't find it, I'll post the lyrics herefor you

Storygames Home -> The Vault
Page 1 of 1