Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Personal Pages.
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Open Forum Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vikas Muralidharan

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Personal Pages.  

Umm... I think this suggestion might have been raised before but anyway, Im too lazy to find that thread...

Isnt it possible to make sure that every member of IF has his own personal page where he can post anything that he wishes to.. about his favourite music, songs, films or ANYTHING at all?!

Or would it be better if we started The IF Blogs?!
misterbiz

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject:  

I like the sound of that idea...both ideas actually
Vikas Muralidharan

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject:  

Hmm... I think it would make IF better.

Thats all...
Thunderbird

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject:  

Well, guys, thats what the City! was supposed to be all about. I'm not sure its working quite as well as designed, however, and takes some serious moderating to make work too. So I have been wanting to put together a forum for this in the City Center. But before that happens, I want to get the recent posts links divided between SG posts and Everything else. Ingro's done well to estalbish that already but he hasn't posted the links anywhere so I don't know if he's got more in store there where programming is concerned or not.

Anyhow, this is under development so just sit back for a moment and it'll manifest. A watched pot never boils y'all ;)
Emperor

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject:  

For those who are interested, in The City section of the site, I have a thread going just for blog style posts. Though it should be noted that it is not what is being suggested here, as in a individual page for the individual person for their individual posts. But if anyone is interested in posting their blog style writings it is called Musings and Meanderings.
Vikas Muralidharan

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject:  

Hmmm... Musings and Meanderings is not quite what I was thinking... Ive seen that before, obviously. Its like different users posting different posts under the same thread.

I was thinking of One "blog" for each author, so if I wanted to see your blog, I could go your profile and click on "IF Blog" or something. Something like a Facebook Wall.

Another way could be that once I click on your username it takes me to your Personal Page and not Profile Information (once the pages features are added, of course). The profile Information could be incorporated inside the pages.
Amichan

Location: RL:Roseboro, NC./ IF: Retuning from a long journey in the land of OFF

Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject:  

Vikas Muralidharan wrote: Hmmm... Musings and Meanderings is not quite what I was thinking... Ive seen that before, obviously. Its like different users posting different posts under the same thread.

I was thinking of One "blog" for each author, so if I wanted to see your blog, I could go your profile and click on "IF Blog" or something. Something like a Facebook Wall.

Another way could be that once I click on your username it takes me to your Personal Page and not Profile Information (once the pages features are added, of course). The profile Information could be incorporated inside the pages.

I have been lobbying for this idea for the past couple weeks but it seems that the musings and meanderings is overriding this idea so i dont think that there will be much of a push for this anytime soon
Shillelagh

Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject:  

A forum or sub-forum might be nice for this... but I personally would like to wait until after the guilds are up and running before we create yet another section of the site. And I'd be opposed to having it called a blog and linking it to even more things- it's a thread about you that people comment on, nothing more. Besides, if you make it linked to the profile- worse, make it replace the profile- you're all but forcing them to use it whether they like it or not. I, for one, don't see the need for such a thing. I'm not opposed to the existance of such threads, but you're not about to see me make one for myself. As I recall, the "Musings and Meanderings" thread went over very poorly. If we can't even keep that busy, how will we fill up an entire forum?

Storygames Home -> Open Forum Archives
Page 1 of 1