Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Massive hibernation
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Symphony's Requiem
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emperor

Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Massive hibernation  

Greetings one and all. I am almost ready for finally put up the next installment of Symphony, but I'm faced with a issue and wanted some input as to whether or not my instinct is right.

After such a long hibernation, I have a chapter ready. My issue is that thus far it is going to over 3000+ plus as is (give or take depending on my final decision.) Symphony has been stagnant for so long that I think such a large chapter will only push readers even further away from it. But to break it up into two smaller chapters does not help the flow and the feel of the story.

To any who are interested in this story, are you willing so slug through such a large chapter or is something that big just going to make you want to turn away? Any thoughts are welcome. I will probably wait till after the maintenance is done on the site to put it up so there is a little time to tweak.
Thunderbird

Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject:  

I wouldn't worry too greatly about chap length making a difference. I'm going to want to read through everything before it once again, but I can say that I've been very anxiously looking for you to continue this excellent work, so it'll be something I will certainly brush up on and be glad to have a new chapter to take in as well, regardless of the length of the read.
Thunderbird

Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject:  

I wouldn't worry too greatly about chap length making a difference. I'm going to want to read through everything before it once again, but I can say that I've been very anxiously looking for you to continue this excellent work, so it'll be something I will certainly brush up on and be glad to have a new chapter to take in as well, regardless of the length of the read.
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject:  

It may be a good idea to write up a synopsis in a seperate thread. Some people prefer a synopsis in order to jump right in, although others prefer to read right through.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the next instalment! :)
Emperor

Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject:  

Thunderbird wrote: but I can say that I've been very anxiously looking for you to continue

Thank you Thunder, it's good to hear that there are those out there being very, very, very patient with me.

Crunchyfrog wrote: It may be a good idea to write up a synopsis in a seperate thread.

You know Crunchy this has something I have thought of and been wanting to do for a very long time now. For some reason every time I sit down to do it I can never seem to make any visible progress on it.
Soooo, is there anyone out there willing to write up a overview for me for a fee?
Smee

Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject:  

Agree with the above - looking forward to more. A synopsis would be appreciated though.

Happy Writing :)

Storygames Home -> Symphony's Requiem
Page 1 of 1